Lait du Citron w/ Blatant Invitation

AD-LaitduCitron-SM.jpg

Lait du Citron

There’s a lot to love about the lively lemon, especially when surrounded by luscious gourmand notes to enhance its’ attributes of energy and attraction. Appeal to his olfactory palate with the delights of rich velvety vanilla, warm milk and warm bread accords, drizzled with thick honey and given a splash of sparkling lemon, all on a base of warm resins. For further seductive power we’ve enhanced this with our BLATANT INVITATION pheromone blend. Sexually assertive, but cuddly too – it whispers “yes” and gives off a vibe of uninhibited sexuality but is eminently approachable at the same time.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.

Mmmm, I'm definitely reaching for the creamy foodies straight out of the box! I've recently gone back to my Kanary Kremes and have been reveling in the lemon deliciousness. This is a delightfully different take on the creamy lemon trope -- KK is rich, rich, rich pure foodie. This one is much lighter -- lemon meringue, maybe? It's absolutely fantastic, and has a much less foodie vibe, although it doesn't tip at all towards tea (which often happens with less foodie lemons, on me). I almost get a lemon tree vibe on this -- there is a wonderful outdoor freshness to it, just the tiniest whisper of sunshine and fresh leaves. But then the copal and storax provide enough weight to keep it from being too light and floaty.

ETA: Long drydown is seriously wonderful on this... it gets a little less sweet, no plastic ever, just a soft sultry skin musk. Gorgeous!

Edited by Black Cat

I was expecting to be reminded more of Alabaster Queen, but at least at first test this is a sweeter creamier version of Embody The Tarot: The Sun. There's that similar core of tangy lemon goodness, but swaddled in a rich veil of yumminess. As a lemon lover I wholly approve.

:star:

I'm also a lemon lover, I wasn't sure about this as BI isn't really something I have used more than twice I think but this has kept inviting me back to reread it and ponder my order, Is the storax prominent? I really love storax, I used to burn it at home and you don't see it much in perfumes.

Hot, rich, creamy milk and lemon. I have no idea what copal or storax are unfortunately (never even heard of them until now) so I'm not sure what those smell like. Lemon is a note I kind of fear due to like... years of citrus dishwasher detergent - the kind that's really stabby/sharp, but the lemon in here is incredibly soft and creamy.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

This one reminds me of sweet rice milk with lemon zest. My mom used to make it when I was a child. I love it!!! Also, the honey is a clean, sweet honey on my skin. Great scent, I think I like it better than Caressfull Breeze!

I'm not getting much of the milk or creaminess as much as I'm smelling lemon and honey. The lemon isn't stabby or sharp, but is giving that light, sweet honey a bright feel. This scent feels very sunny and spring-like. The only scent I remember with copal is Goldie Fingers which I absolutely love. I dont think I actually can pick out that note individually, as I'm not very familiar with it. This scent has an almost hard candy type of impression with out being super sweet. Like a honey-lemon drop.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg this is delicious! It's a lemon chiffon creamy yogurt parfait! At first I thought there was some sort of lavender cake note in this, because the creaminess I am getting is like the lavender ButterCream massage body butter. The lemon is perfect! It's not citrus, more like the orange in DC. I love that this is foodie with BI! It's like a whorey lemon pie! It's actually comforting.

Doesn't do that brain freeze on me that sometimes happens with lemon. Love this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm, I'm definitely reaching for the creamy foodies straight out of the box! I've recently gone back to my Kanary Kremes and have been reveling in the lemon deliciousness. This is a delightfully different take on the creamy lemon trope -- KK is rich, rich, rich pure foodie. This one is much lighter -- lemon meringue, maybe?

It's coming off as "lemon meringue" on me, too--mmm! Lighter than I expected and a good feminine spring/summer scent. I keep sniffing my wrist. I have no idea which parts of what I'm smelling are the copal and storax though, ha.

• 1 month later...

"rich velvety vanilla, warm milk and warm bread accords, drizzled with thick honey and given a splash of sparkling lemon, all on a base of warm resins"

At first this smelled like warm lemon tea with milk. Very cozy and comforting. Later I get more of the bread, honey and vanilla. I always have good results with BI, I will report back on that part later ?

• 1 month later...

This one really peaked my interest. A foody lemon scent? I was hoping for a more sophisticated Lemon Fairy Cake. This is foody, but with a lemon zing! It is yummy. My son’s impression was cookie dough. I can also smell the copal in it, a note I can’t really describe, but I recognize from Goldie Fingers. It’s a pleasant twist that keeps from being too lemon bread. This has my beloved milk/butter/cream note. I think I have purchased every one Mara’s made with that note since I first discovered LP in 2014. I like Blatant Invitation selfies and my husband responds to that phero really well. I will give this another good chance.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this. On me it is a creamy lemon rather than a tangy bright lemon. It wears pretty close to the skin, and if it didn't have the cops in it I'd consider getting as a spray. (And a roll-on oil with the BI too!) It is definitely "velvety" and I've enjoyed wearing it to bed at night. Its only a matter of time before I go full bottle, I just want a virgin version too!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been wearing all kinds of lemon scents lately, but I think this one just might be my favorite. It's neither tart like Tangy Tart, nor scrumptiously sweet, like Lemon Fairy cake. On me, the honey takes it a little more onto the smutty side. Or maybe the honey and resins combo? From the reviews it seems most read it as a comforting Lemon, but it's a sexy lemon on me for sure.