Flying Potion 2015 w/ Levitation

AD-FlyingPotion15_1.jpg

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
CASSIS ~ Love, fertility, abundance. Healing, money attraction, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

Scent: Fluffy, light and elevating! A happy marshmallow scent with a hint of creamy ylang ylang, a touch of autumnal spice, and a splash of tangy grapefruit and cassis.

This is vanilla marshmallow fluff with a good swirl of Ylang. I get more creaminess with this one. The spices are mixed in well with the heavier notes. They are not at the top or the bottom. Just a nice warm autumnal spice presence floating in the air.

The grapefruit is way in the back in this edition. A subtle spark of citrus brightness.

I have '13 & '14. They are all well built variations on the same scent. I like how they are all a little different though. I'm glad I went FB with my sampler. This creamy vanilla version is fun and sweet. I feel like I just want to be gobbled up. ;)

The scent and phero give such a nice lift. A sweet autumn celebration in a bottle. :heart:

This is vanilla marshmallow fluff with a good swirl of Ylang. I get more creaminess with this one. The spices are mixed in well with the heavier notes. They are not at the top or the bottom. Just a nice warm autumnal spice presence floating in the air.

The grapefruit is way in the back in this edition. A subtle spark of citrus brightness.

I have '13 & '14. They are all well built variations on the same scent. I like how they are all a little different though. I'm glad I went FB with my sampler. This creamy vanilla version is fun and sweet. I feel like I just want to be gobbled up. ;)

The scent and phero give such a nice lift. A sweet autumn celebration in a bottle. :heart:

Levitation seems to make me tired when I wear it, but the notes and your description got me really excited to at least try my sample a few times! Can't wait!

Levitation makes me supertired, too. But the scent is to die for, so I wear it anyway :) I am looking forward to try this year's version.

But I would definitely love some virgin Flying potion, though :) so I could wear the scent all the time.

Levitation makes me supertired, too. But the scent is to die for, so I wear it anyway :) I am looking forward to try this year's version.

But I would definitely love some virgin Flying potion, though :) so I could wear the scent all the time.

Yes, ditto on the virgin Flying Potion!

It would be a super easy PE to formulate. Edited by StacyK

I think of this as a creamier, more social version of Sogni Incantati. Frigging love it. Not sure I'm getting any selfies from the phero mix but I smell so tasty that I just don't care ! I also appreciate a LPMP in spray form, it's fun to mix it up.

Is the licorice very strong?

I don't think so. On me it doesn't really stand out above the other notes. I find all the spices right in the middle with this one. The '13 version is heavier on the spices to me.

Freshly sprayed, I smelled the marshmallow and grapefruit and then, as it warmed on my skin, I got the rest of the spices. I agree with StacyK this is smoother than the past blends that I have smelled.

I had a moment or two of "oh god the burning" but that went away. I would brave the cinnamon for the sake of the potion. It is light scent and I barely smell it an hour later but I am still aware of it,delicate and soft floating up from my skin.

I don't think so. On me it doesn't really stand out above the other notes. I find all the spices right in the middle with this one. The '13 version is heavier on the spices to me.

StacyK, would you say that this version is more marshmallow than the 2014? And would you compare the staying power? I know that you have also the previous versions, so you are quite a pro :) I had only chance to try 2014 and I am wondering how this one is different. Thanks

I think of this as a creamier, more social version of Sogni Incantati. Frigging love it. Not sure I'm getting any selfies from the phero mix but I smell so tasty that I just don't care ! I also appreciate a LPMP in spray form, it's fun to mix it up.

Androstenol, what you mean by more social ? :) I am quite intrigued by the Sogni Incantati, so I am curious how these scents differ from each other.

This version is the most different to me. The marshmallow itself smells differently. Softer. I get no citrus at all. The spices are more pronounced. After about an hour I get a lot of ylang. I don't really care for this version until it's been on for about three hours. Considering that the original FP and the next two versions are in my top 5 that is saying something.

The licorice does not seem strong to me. Also, didn't some previous versions have clove? I don't detect, and I'm not detecting the allspice, nutmeg, or cinnamon, and those notes usually amp like crazy on me.

Basically all the notes are just really soft and well balanced. Love it!

I finally figured out that this is reminding me of the long sold-out potion Captivation Equation. So if someone was a fan of that, they'd probably like this. The more I wear this, the more different I feel it is from my bottle of Flying Potion 2012

In the vial, this smells divine, just as StacyK describes. On my skin, it turns to the smell of burned plastic. I wish I knew why my skin has such a hard time with LPMP stuff and how to make it better. (And yes, I know about scent lockets...I don't want one, I want it the scent on my skin!)

Maybe Mara could make a 'Floating' Potion. ;)

I love this!! That would actually be a good name for the virgin version! :thumbup:

But, oh dear. I bought this unsniffed since I missed out last year on a full bottle. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells good out of the bottle. I do remember trying my last year's sample (sparingly) and thinking "root beer???". I think I translated the licorice (which I never thought I'd like) to root beer, decided I liked it, and then it was gone. I sure hope this year's version doesn't smell like plastic on me!!! :001_07:

I loved both the 2013 and 2014 versions. The 2013 was soft, creamy, and fluffy. 2014 had more grapefruit. This one is really heavy on the ylang at first, but eventually it dries down to a soft, slightly spicy, creamy scent. This version reminds me a lot of La Sylphide but w/out the sandalwood.

So is this one more similar to 2013 than 2014?

Neither. IMO the Ylang is far more notable and the marshmallow/vanilla is very different. IMO more sweet and weighty than previous versions. They are all variations on a theme. Edited by StacyK

I love this!! That would actually be a good name for the virgin version! :thumbup:

But, oh dear. I bought this unsniffed since I missed out last year on a full bottle. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells good out of the bottle. I do remember trying my last year's sample (sparingly) and thinking "root beer???". I think I translated the licorice (which I never thought I'd like) to root beer, decided I liked it, and then it was gone. I sure hope this year's version doesn't smell like plastic on me!!! :001_07:

So go ahead and try it, please ! :)) I am looking forward to your review.

I know what you mean about the root beer, I can smell it in my 2014 version too. Sort of :) I like it though :) But I still can smell the marshmallow, which I hoped would be quite strong in this version, but I guess not (after reading the reviews).

I loved both the 2013 and 2014 versions. The 2013 was soft, creamy, and fluffy. 2014 had more grapefruit. This one is really heavy on the ylang at first, but eventually it dries down to a soft, slightly spicy, creamy scent. This version reminds me a lot of La Sylphide but w/out the sandalwood.

But can you still smell the marshmallow after drydown? Because in La Sylphide is no marshmallow and since you said it reminds you of it ... Honestly, I am going after the marshmallow scent (which I get in my 2014 version), so this is the deal breaker for me :)

and thanks all for bearing with my marshmallow questions :)

But can you still smell the marshmallow after drydown? Because in La Sylphide is no marshmallow and since you said it reminds you of it ... Honestly, I am going after the marshmallow scent (which I get in my 2014 version), so this is the deal breaker for me :)

and thanks all for bearing with my marshmallow questions :)

Hmmm, the marshmallow is there after drydown, but on me, it doesn't seem as prominent as in the 2013.

Dear goodness, I just love Flying Potion. As everyone has mentioned, this version is more ylang heavy. 2013 has been my favorite version which seemed very marshmallow heavy. 2014 was very grapefruit toward. This one is all ylang and marshmallows. I almost want a bottle even though I'm stocked up on 2013. It seems different enough to me. I usually amp spice but its MIA right now. Love it!

Dear goodness, I just love Flying Potion. As everyone has mentioned, this version is more ylang heavy. 2013 has been my favorite version which seemed very marshmallow heavy. 2014 was very grapefruit toward. This one is all ylang and marshmallows. I almost want a bottle even though I'm stocked up on 2013. It seems different enough to me. I usually amp spice but its MIA right now. Love it!

thanks for the comparison with the previous versions. that is exactly what I wanted to know :)

Mara told me this version has a "crucial ingredient" which FP hasn't had in a while and there is something about it which reminds me of the original, but I can't quite put my nose on it. I think maybe it's because it doesn't have a standout note for me this time, I get a creamy tangy slightly-spicy smoothness. I don't get the ylang so much like I did in the 2013 version. But it takes a little while for it to get to a just right state on me, at first there's a weird undertone. But once it does I really like it, it has that same quality which makes FP so wearable, it's just such a light bright upbeat kind of scent.

No grapefruit or cassis here, which is just fine. There IS marshmallow and vanilla, a faint hint of licorice that adds a layer of depth without announcing itself, a warmth but not discernable as spice, and oh, the ylang just makes me melt. The levitation is exquisite. As always, it enters my head and I feel as though my brain is full of helium. I absolutely love this version! Mara, please keep this one on your forever list.

Edited by Wanderlust

I love this so much and the levitation is actually working for me! I'm perky and just maaaaaasybe I put on too much bc my pulse really went up.

As for the scent, its delicious! It smells like my favorite fruit, sugar apple/anon. Sorry, don't know if it's the ylang that I'm smelling, because I'm not sure what that smells like. But this really smells divine! It's soft, with a fragrant tang, sweet and creamy. Mmm! Oh, I really don't get much spice. I did get a free whiffs of licorice but it is not strong. The only problem is that it does not last at all. :( it's unfortunately gone within two hours. BUT the levitation is not, hence the possible OD.

Edited by belle-ville

So this is my first review: This is a really nice blend.

VERY sweet with a little bit of "bite" (grapefruit +ylang?) when first applied, but the sharp-sweet fades out within 5 minutes and the notes blend really nicely and dance together with nice balance- the softer notes play up and the nutmeg and pretty light licorice (I LOVE licorice/anise scents) comes out, breaking through the grapefruit.

Beautifully blended. I'm pretty new to pheros, so not sure what to expect, but I did get a bit of "giddiness" (surprising, I thought levitation was w/o the DHEAS, which struck me as the "giddy-enhancer"). Then again, that could be the increased oxygen from self-huffing. Will report back soon.

Nice review, LaVolpe ! I would spray this on me morning, noon, and night if it weren't for the fact that the phero blend makes me tired and/or grumpy. I'm sadly one of the few here who doesn't do well with the combo. It must be a ratio thing because I do well with each of the single molecules. Anyhoo, the smell is super scrumptious. I am also a huge fan of licorice/anise.

The 2015 version smells softer/smoother on my skin than 2014. It lasts a long time, too. I'm not crazy about licorice, and was happy to find it didn't stick out too much. I note more of the marshmallow, even several hours later. I like the phero blend - wore it to church and people were chattier than normal, including myself. Very nice. I didn't get the tired thing, at least not in the morning when I first had it on. I did have a hard time staying awake after lunch, but that's embarrassingly typical for me on Sunday afternoons.

Levitation is the Open Windows phero blend with a dose of DHEAS. So you'll most likely get giddy.

Ah- that's right. I had them backward. Thanks!

And thank you, Androstenol! Glad to offer some input; you guys have helped me a lot.

Does the Flying potion stain? I have not a chance to try the 2015 version, but I tried the 2014 and 2013 version and noticed that both of my forearms (where I sprayed) were yellow !... I was really glad that I didn't spray on light colored clothes...

I love this version. It smells completely different than all of the previous ones to me. This smells like boozy vanilla maybe that's the licorice. Anyway I only got to wear it once on my skin because it broke in my little fabric bag that I carry my LP's in. I cannot get over how wonderful it smells every time I open my purse. Pretty much my whole car smells like this now. It lasts forever on fabric and has incredible throw. More so than on my skin from what I rememeber of the only time I got to try it. I still have a bottle of the one with the flying witch on it (have no idea the year) so I wasn't going to go FB but I can't get over how much more creamy and sweet this one smells so I may have to break down.