Summershine w/ Topper Spray

AD-SummershineSpray_1.jpg

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

I wore this in my hair yesterday to my kiddo's graduation, it made a nice pairing with Gamboge (although I think I OD'd a bit, lol). I'm not drawing a direct comparison with this scent, but it makes me think of Blissful Caress in that it's very light and refreshing. Beyond that topnote of tart pineapple (which I really like), it's a watery soft sheer orchid. Usually aloe is a death note on me, but Mara said it would be okay, and she was right! ALWAYS LISTEN TO DA MAWA!

I sprayed just one spritz of this on a scarf, just to be able to review, so I don't know how it might change on skin with chemistry and all...

I LOVE the initial burst of pineapple! WAY yum! The pineapple faded fairly quickly, (about 20-30 minutes?), but what's left beneath is really, hmm, creamy? I think it's the aloe and the orchid - to me, orchid seems to read creamy. Something about my mental association with the soft velvety petals maybe? I was confusing white amber with white musk, because I kept thinking, "Wow, this white amber note isn't pricking my third eye like it usually does." Then it FINALLY registered to me that I was confusing my notes - No white musk here!

I really like the initial pineapple blast, but the creamy, floral orchid/aloe/amber dry down is divine! Very clean and soft, creamy and light.

I'm on the fence with this. I don't have a lot of floral fragrances because they just don't get the love that the foodie ones do, but I've also become a sucker for some orchid fragrances over the last couple of years here...UG! Decisions, decisions! :lol: FB or not FB...help! :wacko:

This is light and fresh. Almost crisp in the beginning. At first I get a bright juicy squeeze of pineapple with the other bits mingling in the background. Also, for perhaps the first 10 minutes, I do notice the chemical phero blend odor of Topper. That's how soft and sheer this scent is. That fades away though and I'm left with a gorgeous light summer scent.

Feminine, sunshine, happiness.

The Orchid is incredibly subtle & soft. The pale, gentle Amber is an unsung hero. It's barely noticeable, yet firmly provides secure base that anchors the scent to my skin. That's something I can really appreciate. My skin can gobble scents without a base note.

It's both cool & warm, so coastal in it's evocation.

This scent is the perfect partner to the Topper blend. Topper, on me, is uplifting & invigorating. The fragrance compliments that. But, this scent has a serene quality that provides a balance to the Phero. Summershine leaves me uplifted and relaxed. It feels fun and elegant.

In jeans or a long flowing dress it leaves a smile on my face.

Warning....this one is selling very fast, we are getting low already. :lol: I'm thinking this one is not getting many reviews because people want to load up before they spread the word.

No surprise here. :)

lol! I'm cocky because I went FB. I knew it.

oops I endorsed it on Instagram too. :lol:

Damn it. That "running low" part always gives me anxiety so I caved and it's on it's way! I am not even remotely a fan of pineapple but I have to have it. I just wish that running low psychology worked on cleaning my house.

We burned thru all the trial sized spray bottles we had, so from this point forward, if you order a trial size or a sampler set, you will most likely get it in a 1.5 ml glass vial, like the oils as we have no more little sprayers. Just FYI.

Damn it. That "running low" part always gives me anxiety so I caved and it's on it's way! I am not even remotely a fan of pineapple but I have to have it. I just wish that running low psychology worked on cleaning my house.

Me too!! I just nabbed a bottle...I got skeered!!

The orchid in here is gorgeous... I didn't get much pineapple, I'll try again later. But the drydown is awesome!

Lol. I'm the opposite here. I get big pineapple, at the beginning.. then everything else. I'm a citrus amper though. I guess pineapple counts too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK...this is lip smacking good!!! Summershine is actually my favorite NR for the summer. I defintely get pineapple when I first apply, but it is a just right pineapple-not too sweet or overbearing...just plain yummy!!! How can I describe this better? It's a mellow fruity...clean and doesn't leave me feeling as if I am a fruit basket. I think the aloe tames the fruit. I detect the orchid slighty...really it all blends together so well...if anyone has tried Midnight Rapsody, it also has pineapple and orchid and was for me a beautiful potion!! Topper is the crown of this tropical celebration...it's a perfect summer fragrance and phero'd for fun!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Argh. My sampler is still on its way. I identify with jlisa's anxiety. I usually order right away what I think will go fast. But I knew the sale was coming, so I opted to wait until July and I also find that sampling sometimes is the difference between paying your bills or paying Mara. :say19:

Maybe Mara would consider a rebrew already? :) Just to get the rest of us through summer? So the rest of us can shine for summer?? :beggingpleasesmiley:

Mara this is sooo good you should rebrew. I am decidedly not a fruit lover and my summer solstice sat unused. But this is like a less sweet pineapple. It's clean and crisp. When I want to deepen it for night, I will add the summer solstice on my arms and the combination works well and feels sultry. By day, I just use this spray and I feel bright and sparkly. I am a FAN!

Argh! I wish I could, but used up all my Aloe making this. I will have to order more and that could take a while. I'll see what I can do.

That's sweet of you considering I haven't even sampled it yet! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!

I really liked this when I first tried it. I was sure I would, at least "like it". So I went FB with my sampler. So glad I did for obvious reasons.

But, I have to say. I wore this tonight for the fireworks etc at our local park. I now officially LOVE IT!

I mean wow! The first 2 times I wore this I liked it. But, It was a far less developed version of its current self.

The orchid is in full bloom now, silky & wonderful. The pale Amber gives this a nice anchor and a slightly powdered finish.

But, the aloe! This is georgous. Not your typical aloe. Some aloe is just to planty for me. We had a monster aloe plant forever when I was growing up & grown up, they still had it. My mom would clip the leaves. She'd then slice it open with a straight razor blade and scoop the gel out. I'd have so many scars if it were not for this skin healing wonder. It saved me form abject misery when I got poison ivy.. Anyway. The smell of alone doesn't bother me because it gives so much in return. But, I don't often associate it with the most pleasant smelling stuff. However, this particular type is wonderful. Pretty different from what I've had before. I'm not sure if it's just the particular combination of notes? But, here Orchid & aloe sweetened with the pineapple (which is more a supporting note now) are just perfect. The scent is pretty & fresh. But, also elegant. It's just like its bloomed since I first received it. Georgous and what a great partner for Topper! :)

Mara is the same aloe used in "Lucky Ladybug"?

Edited by StacyK

I'm so happy I grabbed a bottle of this! It's such a happy place scent. Thankfully the pineapple doesn't turn sour on me! I get whispers of a creamy pineapple, more Dole Whip pineapple then just straight up piña. The aloe and orchid keep things fresh and elegant. This almost feels like a glamour type of scent. It really makes you feel clean as shiny and all thing happy pretty!

• 1 month later...

Sweet, juicy pineapple is the first note to hit me when I first apply Summershine. Not long during wear, the tart fruit begins to morph into orchid. It's still tart, but becomes creamy. It's lovely at this stage, but I have to sniff application points to really smell the fragrance. It's unfortunate that the perfume doesn't last long on me as it's the perfect Summer scent.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this one! The pineapple is bright, and summery, and it's well-supported by the warm amber. I don't usually smell too much of the orchid, though. I've gotten quite a few compliments on it.

• 4 months later...

I wore this in my hair yesterday to my kiddo's graduation, it made a nice pairing with Gamboge (although I think I OD'd a bit, lol). I'm not drawing a direct comparison with this scent, but it makes me think of Blissful Caress in that it's very light and refreshing. Beyond that topnote of tart pineapple (which I really like), it's a watery soft sheer orchid. Usually aloe is a death note on me, but Mara said it would be okay, and she was right! ALWAYS LISTEN TO DA MAWA!

I just bought this as aloe is a death note for me as well. So excited to try this as I love pineapple

Edited by dolphindolls2

• 1 year later...

Really loving this Summershine with Topper. I'm entertaining my man's best friend while he visits with his mom. It's polite and happy and we're having fun playing cards. I put it on my scarf to keep it nearby.