Goblin Tamer w/ Mother's Little Helper

AD-GoblinTamer-SM.jpg

APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.

• 2 weeks later...
This one starts out like cookies! Oatmeal-like and delicious, reminiscent in a way to Scotchies. Then my body started amping the allspice and refused to let up (that sometimes happens with cinnamon :( ) I'll have to set this aside and see if my chemistry is kinder on another day...

This smells exactly like apple crisp to me! It's delicious. Foodier than my usual preference, but very yummy. I did get a lot of spice but it wasn't as overpowering as I feared it would be. I still got a lot of apple!

Phero-wise, this was my first time trying Mother's Little Helper, and I really enjoyed the effects. Mainly I just felt upbeat (but in a calm way, not in a giddy Lace or Levitation way, haha) and very confident and in-control. I felt much more like "myself" compared to, say, Leather, but still a little more assertive than I am on my own. I was out at a craft fair much of the day, and normally I have trouble getting vendors' attention when I want to buy something or ask a question. I had no such trouble with MLH on! But all my interactions were very positive and friendly, no one was intimidated and I didn't get bitchy (who, me? :P ) I will definitely be trying this one solo the next time pheroma month rolls around, but so far, I'm thinking it's seriously under-hyped!

Yes. MLH is an awesome phero. I think this is MLH + Dheas? anyway....

I love the scent. A spicy fall kitchen scent to be sure. It's definitely a FB. The only thing I'd ask for, MAYBE, I thought it would be creamier or at least a bit more dense.

I love it as is. But, I will layer it with FC Oatmeal next time. I think the warm buttery oats will go well with this one. :)

This one doesn't go bakery on me at all. No oatmeal apple cookies here. Instead I'm smelling a spicy mulled cider. A little sweet, a little tart and warmed up with cinnamon spice. Home-y and perfect for crisp Fall nights all bundled up. Or with the phero version- a trip to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch with the fam. Usually apple scents can get a bit sharp on me but the smoke note makes it all soft around the edges.

These New Releases are killing me. There are too many FB worthy scents here! This is another I'll be needing!

So interesting all the different experiences on this one! Yes, on me this is surprisingly unfoodie. It's maybe the smokiest LP I've ever smelled on my skin... which is not a problem, I love smoke! But I get the apple crisp in the background and the smoke and sandalwood more to the fore, which puts it more in the category of awesome evocative fall scents.... like the playground at a nursery school, with kitchen smells drifting from the windows but being mixed with the crisp air and smoke from a chimney. Really lovely!

The name for this one just came to me all of a sudden - it's me being a smartass about motherhood, lol.

This is yummy, it actually reminds me a bit of Gimme Money. I do get an undertone of appie pie which is nice (and I'm normally not a fan of baked apple-type scents). It becomes more apple-y which is surprising to me, I thought the spice would take over, although it's rather skin-hugging on me overall.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely get the kitchen baking apple oatmeal cookies vibe when I first put it on, but it morphs into what Hearts said - like a spicy, apple cider. The allspice and woods make the apple note, even when it's in the apple oatmeal cookie phase, more like an outside autumn crisp apple rather than a sweet foody apple if that makes any sense at all. Also reminds me a bit of those fall-scented candles, but not in a good way. It's a great balance of gourmand and spicy autumn woods to me.

This is delicious and smells like fall and my kitchen and reminds me of making a snack for Jude in the kitchen after school. One say we made Halloween cupcakes and this brought me to that memory! I don't know why it just did. On me this was allspice and apple oatmeal and FALL! I wore this to bed the other night and I felt cozy and content. I know wasting pheros for sleep! - but right now I'm trying anything that is soothing and this one was cuddly fall heaven!!

This is delicious and smells like fall and my kitchen and reminds me of making a snack for Jude in the kitchen after school. One say we made Halloween cupcakes and this brought me to that memory! I don't know why it just did. On me this was allspice and apple oatmeal and FALL! I wore this to bed the other night and I felt cozy and content. I know wasting pheros for sleep! - but right now I'm trying anything that is soothing and this one was cuddly fall heaven!!

Exactly. I wish there was a wax melt version. It's a perfect candidate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I was so happy to get a sample of Mommy’s Little Monster. I really like Goblin Tamer, and the sample helped to decide which scent I would like to get MLH FB.

I enjoy both, but I think the foodie in me is going to choose Goblin Tamer however the new releases just happened, so will have to see exactly what happens now :D 

Goblin Tamer reminds me a bit of baby boo except where baby boo seemed to mostly get eaten, and I’m left with a deep maple/sugar Goblin Tamer kept the lighter sweetness along with deeper scent. <3 

This is also a disappearing scent on me like butterscream lemon. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may FB this one. I didn’t realize it was a variant of the regular MLH. 

Everytime I try the Goblin Tamer I swear I want coffee, and to start cleaning or something. This version has quickly become one of my favorite new (to me) blends. I hope there’s a FB left when I place my next order.