OCCO: Ambrosia 2016 w/ EoW copulins

AD-OccoAmbrosia2016_1.jpg

MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Essence of Woman (EoW) Copulins ~ Strong and immediate sexual attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't going to compare this one to past versions just because I think it might be a bit of a "clean slate" kind of thing, since Mara tried to blend it differently from the previous year's brew. In the vial I get more nuance of the elements, but on my skin this one starts out with a nice tangy-sweet cherry but then quickly moves into juicy-sweet mango, so luscious! I can't smell the cops, but then again I may not be so sensitive to that anymore. Over time the general impression just intensifies, a perfect summer sniff.

I predict this one is going to sell out faster than ice cream on a 102F day.

This one starts off like some chocolate notes do on me: tootsie roll. Luckily, that disappears quickly and I'm left a with tangy sweet mango cherry. 2012-2014 are still my favorite versions. But this one is bottle worthy for my collection. I get absolutely no patch here. The perfect summer OCCO.

This version is far less patch heavy on my skin that last years'. I get ALOT of mango and chocolate (yes it's a bit tootsie pop on my skin for a while), the cherry comes in a bit later. I think I miss the "black vanilla" & cocoa absolute, that's usually a favorite note for me.

I like this one, ok. I'll definitely use up my sample.

Edited by StacyK

I'm always going to love Occo, no matter what version it is. For me this version has more mango, it's almost like orange mango for some reason. I think the vanilla bean is making me think of orange. It's all mango vbn and cherry on me. I love it. It's almost like a mango citrus cake with s cherry. I feel like I've had a dessert like this before, it's not the orange hostess cupcakes..

Ooh I know! Has anyone here ever had a Beard Papa pastry or those Asian sponge cake thingies? Dammit what were they called? Anyhow they are delicious and that is what this reminds me of!

I think I miss the "black vanilla" & cocoa absolute,

Well spotted, Stacy. I do too. The company I used to get the black vanilla from closed its doors and I have been able to find no replacement. And there is a worldwide shortage of cocoa at the moment. There is no absolute on the market. I have 3 suppliers that usually carry it and all are out of it. I found a new company that offered it, bought a bottle, and what they sent me was diluted at least 80%.

That said, I personally really like how this years version came out. I pulled back on the cherry a bit, I thought it was too strong last year, and ramped up the mango. I've been enjoying wearing this one and Electric Heat quite a bit this year, often at the same time.

Well spotted, Stacy. I do too. The company I used to get the black vanilla from closed its doors and I have been able to find no replacement. And there is a worldwide shortage of cocoa at the moment. There is no absolute on the market. I have 3 suppliers that usually carry it and all are out of it. I found a new company that offered it, bought a bottle, and what they sent me was diluted at least 80%.

That said, I personally really like how this years version came out. I pulled back on the cherry a bit, I thought it was too strong last year, and ramped up the mango. I've been enjoying wearing this one and Electric Heat quite a bit this year, often at the same time.

Oh No!! A cocoa shortage. :( That's going to affect 2 very important aspects of my life.

That's an absolute favorite perfume note.

This version is very mango in me. With the cherry coming out behind it. I really do like it enough to want a FB. Which is saying something considering my horde of '13 & '14.

I agree with Victoria. I get a mango orange'ish thing too. It's a great variant.

I also like Black Cats Afternoon Delight. It's like a "virgin" (not really), version of Ambrosia on my skin.

Edited by StacyK

Oh No!! A cocoa shortage. :( That's going to affect 2 very important aspects of my life.

That's an absolute favorite perfume note.

This version is very mango in me. With the cherry coming out behind it. I really do like it enough to want a FB. Which is saying something considering my horde of '13 & '14.

I agree with Victoria. I get a mango orange'ish thing too. It's a great variant.

I also like Black Cats Afternoon Delight. It's like a "virgin" (not really), version of Ambrosia on my skin.

I was also considering bottle(s) I love the mango-orange-cherry thing it's doing! Plus really you can't go wrong with cops and fruit.

It's like you're sex juice.

I was also considering bottle(s) I love the mango-orange-cherry thing it's doing! Plus really you can't go wrong with cops and fruit.

It's like you're sex juice.

:lol: So true. I did not care for the '15 version. But, this one is very good.

LV, have you tried Blackcats' Afternoon Delight? So good.

I love Bohemian Beauty. Had to grab a backup too.

Yes. You will really like it. If you don't I'll take yours :) I can't get over how much I love it. So great for some summertime "Afternoon Delight".

Edited by StacyK

This one is all mango on me. With the tang of maraschino cherry while it's freshly applied. I don't get an orange smell at all. I definitely recognize this as the base of the early versions but without the super smooth vanilla. It's more tropical this go round. Very nice. But not a full bottle for me.

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2018 at 5:24 PM, luna65 said:

Mara does brew an annual version of Ambrosia when she has the ingredients to do so.

I sure hope we get one this time! I wore it last night and while it wasn't my favorite in the beginning, it has grown on me A LOT.   And I need a full bottle now. :)

1 hour ago, Tinkerbelle said:

I sure hope we get one this time! I wore it last night and while it wasn't my favorite in the beginning, it has grown on me A LOT.   And I need a full bottle now. :)

Tinkerbelle, I have a full bottle that I tested once or twice that I'd be willing to trade or sell. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Edited by Kayla

On 4/21/2018 at 8:30 PM, Kayla said:

Tinkerbelle, I have a full bottle that I tested once or twice that I'd be willing to trade or sell. Let me know if you're interested. :)

Hi Kayla!!  You can reach out to me through the email exchange to discuss more. :)

I am in heaven right now.  Thanks to Kayla, I have a nice, full bottle of OCCO Ambrosia!  Wheeee!!!  I am just a huffing away right now because I put it on IMMEDIATELY.  And if we get a re-brew (fingers crossed) I'll be stocking up!  

On 2.5.2018 at 12:55 AM, Tinkerbelle said:

I am in heaven right now.  Thanks to Kayla, I have a nice, full bottle of OCCO Ambrosia!  Wheeee!!!  I am just a huffing away right now because I put it on IMMEDIATELY.  And if we get a re-brew (fingers crossed) I'll be stocking up!  

Congratulations.