Pouncing Potion

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one has aged well in my LP vault. Originally, it caught my attention in a negative way -- too brash, too dank, and a whole lot of other "too" words. Tried some on this morning and -- WHOA! Instant yummy that stayed yummy! It started all cocoa then morphed to all peach, but it's now quietly settling down into a lovely mixture of honey/peach/soft cops. I can detect some cops, but it's a soft, inviting cops; the fragrance notes have tenderized and marinated it perfectly. This will work nicely for summer wear.

This is Perfection Potion!

This one has aged well in my LP vault. Originally, it caught my attention in a negative way -- too brash, too dank, and a whole lot of other "too" words. Tried some on this morning and -- WHOA! Instant yummy that stayed yummy! It started all cocoa then morphed to all peach, but it's now quietly settling down into a lovely mixture of honey/peach/soft cops. I can detect some cops, but it's a soft, inviting cops; the fragrance notes have tenderized and marinated it perfectly. This will work nicely for summer wear.

This is Perfection Potion!

You convinced me to dig out my sample of this, its so weird how sometimes when I try on a scent it does not work for me and then like 6 months later it dies....too weird

Not really "weird" so much as aging will definitely change the character of a scent, usually for the better. :)

As this review thread was resuscitated I am reminded to give my review as Pouncing Potion was one of my early LP purchases.

Firstly this has aged nicely, but I don't know if I would give anyone the impression it is or will "mellow" . This is gourmand sex in a bottle. A LITTLE goes a long ....way. I feel this is a complex cop potion so I'll break it down 123.

1. I love the straight up sexiness of it.

2. The honey, cops and cocoa are the first notes to my nose. This is not your kiddie fudge or milky cocoa this is a whiff of dark, unsweetened cocoa. The kind I like :-). For you bakers think Scharffen Berger 100% cocoa.

3. Hello peach. you sweeten things up a bit. Just a little juicy to me and you make things extra sticky. I don't get any sharp or tinny peach. Just sweet juice that is pretty much sucked up by that greedy demanding honey.

4. Helping the peach do its sweet job the sugars add a little more sweetness. I don't get a lot of the orange smell in this but I think that the addition of citrus adds a subtle brightness.

5. A very barely there creaminess again almost gobbled up by greedy Ms Honey but only just so.

6.You need your dry down time for this because of the cops and honey. After dry down the ingredients meld and gently pop ( nothing really overshadows the honey IMO) on your skin ultimately leaving that blend of scented, cop'd honey goodness. It's a bold Potion but very original and sexy fun.

• 1 month later...

Yummmmmmmm!!!

Bringing this scent to attention again as my favorite gourmand smell.

The cocoa is not as powdery as before, but still sophisticated and bitter. It melds well with the thick caramel and tangy, musty honey...Then the peach...ooh la laaaa, it is juicy and sweet, sweet, sweet... The more I encounter peach in LP, the more I associate it with erotic imagery and sexy things.

The way this wears on me now, it starts out a bit like Deliciously Wicked with the chocolate and the honey. In the short drydown the peach emerges wonderfully ripe and juicy. In the long drydown it's closer to the original Phero Girl but lighter in weight.

Damn It's been a while. I need to wear this tomorrow. This is so sensual. I wanted to do a dessert based on this. I should get on that. :)

Damn It's been a while. I need to wear this tomorrow. This is so sensual. I wanted to do a dessert based on this. I should get on that. :)

Mmmmh, oh yes dessert!

The first thing that comes to my mind (using these elements) is a peach tiramisu. Dutch cocoa powder, maybe a drizzle of caramel, honey mixed into the cream, and of course mascarpone cheese for cops! Hahaha...ok, I actually don't smell cops in this blend...

I'm not a big Pherogirl fan. The dry down was nice but something about the honey in the beginning just doesn't work quite right. I finally got around to trying this yesterday and at first, it was Pherogirl revisited. It smelled almost identical wet and I thought "bummer". Within about ten minutes though, this completely changed!!! Chocolate doesn't stick around long on me so what I got was a syrupy peach drizzled in honey. I couldn't stop sniffing, it smelled so good!!! I want to experiment with the silicone to make the chocolate stick around but in this one, I'm almost tempted to just let the chocolate stay hidden because THIS is a Pherogirl I can love!!

Mmmmh, oh yes dessert!

The first thing that comes to my mind (using these elements) is a peach tiramisu. Dutch cocoa powder, maybe a drizzle of caramel, honey mixed into the cream, and of course mascarpone cheese for cops! Hahaha...ok, I actually don't smell cops in this blend...

cheese LOl...

Lala.. I like your tiramisu idea. Originally I was thinking a Baklava.. the honey, orange, ect. But I like the tiramisu too :)

• 1 month later...

I have not gotten Pherogirl as yet - I know! I know! BUT!!! - I LOVE UNE - which IS unphero'd Pherogirl right? And I COMPLETELY LOVE THAT ONE! That should count for something, yes?

Well, I got PP finally, and in the bottle I'm totally picking out the cocoa and cream.

On, it's still the first thing I pick out. A bonus is that the peach isn't sharp - peach is hit and miss with me that way - and I'm not really noticing it other that maybe the peach is adding to the sweetness? All the WONDERFUL things about UNE are still right there but there's this creamy, sugary deliciousness going on that makes me think I may be needing MORE bottles of this one already! OHMYGOSH I cannot stop huffing myself! All that delicious honey melds into a gooey cocoa, sugared amber YUM! It's CRAZY awesome!

I have not gotten Pherogirl as yet - I know! I know! BUT!!! - I LOVE UNE - which IS unphero'd Pherogirl right? And I COMPLETELY LOVE THAT ONE! That should count for something, yes?

[/i][/color]

Nope. It counts for nothing! Phero Girl is ah-MAZ-ing! I can barely get it out of the bottle before BF is on me! :lol: GET SOME PHERO GIRL!!!

D'oh! How....I say - HOW????? can I argue with THAT!??? :smiley-laughing024:I guess I have another bottle on the wish list already....

PP seems to have a profound effect on hubby!

After my last entry, when he got home (late shift) I was pounced upon that evening (not normal after a long day for him) and then again the next morning! :blink::666:

I WILL have to get another FB of this one...and promise you, Eggers, that I have placed the original PG on that list as well...GrrRuffff!!!!

Edited by NuTrix

• 1 year later...

Dang it! This one goes sharp and all the notes start fighting the way some jazz music sounds to me.. like all the instruments have been thrown, screeching, down the stairs.My silly skin.

Edited by Wanderlust

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

On my skin I get only cocoa and lots and lots of honey. I'm a bit sad I don't get any peach but I must say this is a very sexy scent!

• 2 years later...

Lately all the honey scents havent been liking me like they used to, always hearing the baby powder comments these days >.>

Then here's this thing. I found a sniffee of it in my pile of sniffees and I remember it never appealing to me when it was around since i already have sticky honey scents i was playing with.

I should really kick myself because this hasnt powdered up at allll.

Opening, this is a hardy juicy peach dipped in innocent dark flower honey, there is a dark "rim" around the scent but it really just makes it even better. I really want to say theres pink pepper I'm picking up but I'm sure there isn't any in it :D

After it sits, the peach leans back and the honey (still remains bright) starts to thicken up and have some heft to it that really feels complete to me. I'm in luuuuv ?

Ive come to conclusion that boyfriends nose is just broken so i can't say for sure about how it reads to others. I definitely enjoy this one

• 1 year later...