Love is Love with Girl/Girl

AD-LoveisLove_1.jpg

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

:Snow-Angel:

When I tested this yesterday, I made the rookie mistake of judging it while still wet on my skin. But I think I can be forgiven, as I had just received my order and was racing through all my goodies.

So now it's past midnight and I randomly reached into my sample bag and applied one. And as it turns out, it's this one. I made the decision not to read the ingredients, but just to experience. As this dries, the notes move into place. It goes from a disconcerting (to me, anyway) lemony mess to something subtle and beautiful.

I can picture myself with a garland of violets on my head, in early summer, under a mossy oak. The light is just starting to fade, and I'm enjoying a leisurely picnic with...someone I care about. That target is interestingly shifting. It could be my daughter, my BFF, someone I'm mentoring. We both have glimmering and open heart chakras, which are easier to perceive in the dimming light As the sun sets, the interaction becomes more and more heartfelt. We share a cup of tea from our thermos. We move our hands over the bed of clover, releasing the fragrant scent as the conversation and energy flow. The scent of the nearby tobacco fields softly anchors the scene. This is one of those lost-in-time moments, a moment you can't plan for but spontaneously unfolds itself.

I cannot comment on the Girl/Girl yet but I did find it interesting that my visualization didn't specify a gender. Looking at the ingredients, there's an intended balance of traditionally male/female ingredients. Coming from a spiritual perspective, I think this blend has the potential to move us beyond that duality. But I will have to try that during meditation.

There are at least two threads I have found on Girl/Girl and G2. I understand this is now the original phero blend again. Others with more experience will probably chime in with their stories below. I have noticed myself feeling quite calm with this one, not like Balm Bomb or the other B's but just awake and calm.

I am excited to see where this phero blend and scent take me in the future. There was mention on the other threads of using it at work, much like SWS. That would be perfect me for me, as I am a supervisor surrounded by women.

This one is subtle on me, I have it in oil in the sample vial. I have to move my nose to within 4 inches to smell it. Further than that, and it smells more like a "my skin but better" scent to my nose. This again is a bonus for me, as I am officially not supposed to be wearing "perfume" at work and I'm pretty sure I can get away with this one rather easily. Off for more official experimentation !! :penguin-cuddle:

Edited by androstenol

I wanted to love this but first on I was like, eh? Something seemed kind of bite-y.

It settles after dry down and my skin almost eats it all! What I'm left with is something soft and pillowy, and also, barely there.

The tea note stands out on me, and the violet. I think I'll leave this one sit a little while and come back to it....

- Update: The bite-y...isn't anymore.

After a couple of days to settle, the fragrance seems more, creamy? This seems more feminine to me than Bosom Bows III (the only Girl/Girl or G2 fragrance I have - hmm, from the description, I have G2 and never had the chance to experience the original Girl/Girl)

This is a calm, comforting scent. Light and soft. Like androstenol mentioned, you need to get really close after the dry down stage to smell it, and even then, it's quiet and soft and could easily be mistaken for "just you." :) The violet stays the star of the show, and seems happy to rest on the pillow of everything else. I'm a BIG fan of violet too, so I may have a bias opinion ^_^ I think it's a beautiful fragrance :heart:

Guest cutie.pie

It's very nice, light, floral scent. I can't pick up any particular notes (not even violet, probably because of travel shock) so I'm gonna let it rest and then retest :)

This is interesting: I put this on this morning without checking notes and I was all "Wow, the lemon in this is really lovely" and I don't see anything remotely like lemon in there! Or-- maybe it's the tea note?

This is very soft and quiet on me. I get a slightly citrus-y skin musk after dry down. This would be great for situations where it needs to appear as if I'm not wearing scent but I want to get a phero out there. I'll be interested to see how it wears over the day -- sometimes the "barely there" scents end up being the longest lasting.

This is extremely light on me; lovely, but very very light.

It's like fresh tea with just the merest hint of something sweet; a single cherry blossom, perhaps.

I really like it, but I had to use about half the sample vial to actually smell it - and I'm not normally a slatherer, rather the opposite.

I made sure to put some on the collar of my shirt and the edge of my bra as well and while almost unperceptible, the smell did linger throughout the day, giving me tiny subtle whiffs of it every now and again.

The phero worked fantastically though!

It made me and everyone I came into contact with cheerful and friendly and relaxed and helpful.

Great stuff!

I may have to get a bottle of UN next month or so, if I can manage it.

I have to agree with Ssupytalp. It is very light and after dry down I didn't smell a whiff of it at all. It was beautiful while wet; floral but not sharp, innocent, sweet and natural smelling, like a bunch of wildflowers instead of a arranged bouquet. The phero worked wonderfully. It was a good night at work with a shift full of women; everyone was calm and pleasant, no drama to be had. (Hooray for that!)

At first I got a bit of the violet which I liked, but then - as with the other impressions - the scent became light powdery neutral; in that way it reminded me of Message in a Bottle. But it also has a very sheer almost invisible quality like Gemini. I think I was kind of hoping it would turn out a bit more like C.F.M. (scent-wise) but I think it's very useful for utilizing the phero and then you can layer it with another scent or sugared note if you choose (in some cases a sheer scent is preferred, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm not loving the scent of this, but I'm also not disliking it. It's quite mellow & definitively not in your face so even if it's not as heavy in violets & vanilla as I'd like, I can live with it. The phero effects outweigh any of the "not quite loving the scent" issues. Plus it mellows/fades a lot on me on dry down.

I recently got a new colleague at work that I'll be working very closely with during my night shifts & on calls for the next 6 months. My first impressions of this woman can be summarised with one word; bitch...,(when she's in a crap mood; c*nt). As a result I was really dreading going in for the long weekend of nights I had to do over valentines day weekend. The first night was horrid- a mix of being completely blanked by her & being the recipient of snappy remarks or orders in an attempt to make me look incompetent to the nursing & theatre staff we work along.

When getting ready for my second night I applied Love is Love, basically as a last resort thinking even if it doesn't work it can't make things any worse. I was totally gobsmacked by the results. We certain didn't get along like BFFs but she smiled, engaged in small talk, did a little bit of teaching (she's quite a bit more senior than me) without being patronising & even laughed at some of the jokes & banter I shared with the surgeon! Third night I also applied some LiL with the same results.

This stuff is just fab for work & getting along with arsy colleagues! I totally have to get a bottle of UN GG to amp my favourite scents with :D

Wow Rosebud! What a great review. If only we could spray people when they aren't looking....

I have Bosom Bows III and LOVE. Love is Love is very pretty and whisper soft. I haven't trialed it enough to figure out the nuances between the G2/Girl-Girl. Has any one else?

Ok, so I'm not loving the scent of this, but I'm also not disliking it. It's quite mellow & definitively not in your face so even if it's not as heavy in violets & vanilla as I'd like, I can live with it. The phero effects outweigh any of the "not quite loving the scent" issues. Plus it mellows/fades a lot on me on dry down.

I recently got a new colleague at work that I'll be working very closely with during my night shifts & on calls for the next 6 months. My first impressions of this woman can be summarised with one word; bitch...,(when she's in a crap mood; c*nt). As a result I was really dreading going in for the long weekend of nights I had to do over valentines day weekend. The first night was horrid- a mix of being completely blanked by her & being the recipient of snappy remarks or orders in an attempt to make me look incompetent to the nursing & theatre staff we work along.

When getting ready for my second night I applied Love is Love, basically as a last resort thinking even if it doesn't work it can't make things any worse. I was totally gobsmacked by the results. We certain didn't get along like BFFs but she smiled, engaged in small talk, did a little bit of teaching (she's quite a bit more senior than me) without being patronising & even laughed at some of the jokes & banter I shared with the surgeon! Third night I also applied some LiL with the same results.

This stuff is just fab for work & getting along with arsy colleagues! I totally have to get a bottle of UN GG to amp my favourite scents with :D

Ugg.. I'm sorry Rosebud. I've worked with a few of those. A couple, after a time, I've become (somewhat) work friendly with, others.. well, we just go on our own way.

What doesn't kill us.. ect. :)

Hang in there!!

• 1 month later...

Im enjoying the softness of this sent but like most florals it tends to fade rather quickly on my skin havent has the chance to test out the phero yet -

Edited by Banshee

• 9 months later...

I admit I was a bit nervous about the tobacco and oak, but this fragrance is just beautiful! :D It's comforting and gentle. I had lunch with a new friend, and while she's always talkative and we always have a good time, she was extra chatty and also remarked upon how much fun she has when we get together. I don't know how much of that was the phero and how much was just our friendship developing, but we had a great time.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wet, the violet really stands out. Violet, to me, smells kind of like SweeTarts. :)

Dry, the scent is a lot more subtle, and kind of earthy and green, but still sweet with a touch of floral. I like it. I think you could wear this one pretty much anywhere.

And as soon as I put it on, my heart started beating quite a bit harder, which I assume is the pheros, but I don't know for sure. It went away after a couple minutes. It wasn't unpleasant, but it's interesting to have a physical reaction like that.

Still enjoying my sample of this. I have two questions: 1) What type of tea is in it? 2) What is the level of cops in the Girl/Girl blend? A low level like in Lumina/Cougar/Gotcha, or more than those?

Yes, low.

1) What type of tea is in it?

Mara would have to answer this one - in the original description she gave me that particular note was not included.