Flying Potion 2015 w/ Levitation

So I gave this another chance. And, right at my skin, the marshmallow still comes across as plasticky. BUT, it's only right on my skin and I have discovered I love spraying this on my bosom and huffing it all day long. It smells incredible, all marshmallow and ylang. I adore it now and I want to smell this everywhere all of the time...So, so good.

Blanche, I've had no problems with staining. You could try spritzing it onto a piece of cotton fabric or even a quilted cotton pad and sliding it into your bra, or try using a scent locket.

Yeah, I figured I would spray on my black bra, but I wouldn't think of spraying on a piece of fabric..which wouldn't limit me to wearing only dark clothes. And my light clothes will be safe. Thanks for sharing :)

• 3 weeks later...

This smells a little sweet on me and I almost want to say like coco butter?? I like how it smells on me. It definitely works because I was in a crabby mood and hating life with all the issues going on right now, and it just lifted me into a better mood in less than 5 minutes. It also worked on the husband and he was in a better mood also. I plan to get a full bottle.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice and sweet. The vanilla went plastic on me (as usual), but it was barely detectable around the other notes. Did two sprays to my neck/upper chest and one in my hair. Levitation did lift my not-great spirits. The people I interacted with--bartenders and a new friend--were cheerful but nothing I could necessarily attribute to the pheros. I did get bummed out a few hours later, but again that's not necessarily due to a phero letdown; at that point I was alone with a lot of things on my mind, so I would've been brooding anyway. Given the scent and mood-lifting, I'll enjoy wearing this again!

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 month later...

I haven't worn this since I first tried it back in October. Have I mentioned before I think I have to much perfume :lol:

But I enjoy all the variants.

This one, on my skin, is all smooth, vanilla marshmallow creamed fluff. It's deepened since I first tried it. Perfect marshmallow clouds for the Levitation Phero to float on.

I wore it today with Xuehua Zing. It made a wonderfully sweet winter compliment. This one is very layerable.

Edited by StacyK

Me too. It's Smooth, rich, layerable. I can honestly see adding cops to this.

A bit of age made it deeper.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

Mara told me this version has a "crucial ingredient" which FP hasn't had in a while and there is something about it which reminds me of the original, but I can't quite put my nose on it. I think maybe it's because it doesn't have a standout note for me this time, I get a creamy tangy slightly-spicy smoothness. I don't get the ylang so much like I did in the 2013 version. But it takes a little while for it to get to a just right state on me, at first there's a weird undertone. But once it does I really like it, it has that same quality which makes FP so wearable, it's just such a light bright upbeat kind of scent.

I wonder if the "crucial ingredient" is the type of Marshmallow Root or vanilla? This version has changed so much since I first tried it. If you asked me what color it is, I'd say a creamy marshmallow white. This is more winter than fall to me. And I love it! The Ylang & spice are so far back behind the dominant yet friendly fluffy marshmallow & vanilla. I don't really get a scent of citrus but I "smell" the light & crisp it brings to the scent.

It like that old song "It's a Marsmallow World"..

It's so freaking layerable too. I honestly thought one FB would be enough. But, I need to make room for 1 more. This is winter in a bottle. I've seen more fluffy snow from this than I have yet to actually see all winter. Maybe a cure for those of us frustrated by global warming.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I've changed or if FP has aged and changed, but what used to smell plasticky now smells like fluffy marshmallow. I wish the ylang was a little stronger, I am considering buying some to layer because I love ylang so hard.

At any rate, I do love this now. It feels light and fluffy and happy. I wore this to work today, amped with a stripe of Open Windows, and one of the men I've been working with a while got super relaxed and reached out to hug me. He said, "I like Rain, she's okay with hugging sweaty guys." I laughed and said that if I didn't like sweaty men, I was totally in the wrong business, then later he just came and hugged me goodbye like we were old friends and had been doing this forever, very natural.

• 1 month later...

I'm so bummed this is sold out. Loved this version. ?

Got to stay on top of things now that Mara's store is buzzing. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm so bummed this is sold out. Loved this version.

Got to stay on top of things now that Mara's store is buzzing. :)

So it's true then! OMG I cannot believe this is gone. This is my favorite version ever! Damn!! I smell a PE in the works.

My guess was the vanilla or marshmallow. There was something very different about the "white" notes to me. Honestly this is such a "marshmallow world" type of feel and smell that it was so very good in the winter too.

My guess was the vanilla or marshmallow. There was something very different about the "white" notes to me. Honestly this is such a "marshmallow world" type of feel and smell that it was so very good in the winter too.

The marshmallow was what hit me all at once last night so I went out and bought two packs of marshmallows from Target. I hope October's version is identical lol.

The marshmallow was what hit me all at once last night so I went out and bought two packs of marshmallows from Target. I hope October's version is identical lol.

I know. Something about that marshmallow. I hope, if it's possible, we get the same again. :)

As I noted in my review:

Mara told me this version has a "crucial ingredient" which FP hasn't had in a while and there is something about it which reminds me of the original, but I can't quite put my nose on it.

For me, I liked that it reminded me so much of the original, and then I realized that maybe some of you never got to try the original version so that's why it seems so different to you.

As I noted in my review:

For me, I liked that it reminded me so much of the original, and then I realized that maybe some of you never got to try the original version so that's why it seems so different to you.

Yes, my first was the '13.

I think it was the cloud mist I added last year. I was flying very high on my broom and scooped some cloud into a vial. I think the cloud mist in the Northwest is of better quality than in Los Angeles.

I think it was the cloud mist I added last year. I was flying very high on my broom and scooped some cloud into a vial. I think the cloud mist in the Northwest is of better quality than in Los Angeles.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

So I have a little sniffie of this that I haven't used very much and I decided to try it out in a social dance setting. When I first started going to this scene I wore a lot of confidence boosting pheros because I didn't know very many people and things like LFM and Cougar helped me ask people I didn't know to dance and made me more willing to experiment with new steps. But recently I've been experimenting with different pheros to see what the result is. I tried this one out a couple of weeks ago and it was a definite hit as far as self-effects go. I felt like I was having a great time and everyone around me was having a great time too. I had a dance class before the social dance and a couple of my classmates spontaneously decided to go out for a beer with me in between the lesson and the dance, which has never happened before. While we were out we all talked up a storm and we arrived back to the dance studio giggling and slightly late. The person who was sitting on the bench as we came in is a friend of mine and as I passed him he watched me intently and then stood and waited for me to put my dancing shoes on and pay the cover. I sensed he wanted to say something so I turned back to him after I finished and he just asked me if I was ready to dance with him yet and then he led me out onto the dance floor. Usually he has a slightly too cool for school vibe and I end up asking him to dance rather than the other way around. So I would say those were two definite hits.

ETA: I don't really like ylang ylang as a note in anything else I have smelled it in - I find it very heavy. And I have definitely never felt the desire to smell like a marshmallow before. But something about the combination in this perfume is heavenly.

Edited by Equinox