Love Potion: Flutterby w/Heart & Soul

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
WHITE GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPFlutterby/

White Amber, White Patchouli, White Musk, and White Ginger. Lots of whites! LP Flutterby piques my interest for sure. I forecast a great sniff fest with this one. It has Heart & Soul which is causing me to do mental cartwheels. I don't have anything with Heart & Soul as yet. Flutterby will be a great blend for me to test this much anticipated phero :) -yummers!

I'm hoping I don't like the sample, cause I REALLY WANT THIS ! :cry:

I think those of you who like the white florals like LP White and Sneaky Clean and so on will probably adore this one.

I'm so excited by this one- any white scent gets my attention, and this one sounds very beautiful.

As a side note, did anyone know that butterflies used to be called flutterbys? How wonderful is that?

Mara told me it would be closer to Gypsum White than LP White. I'm very excited about that!

I just meant it's a while floral like many others, is all.

This one is a tad pointy wet. (and I'm a big fan of white floral...) It's not overly sweet...but pleasantly so. I'll put a few more words down as it settles...

An hour later, this is a sheer version of it's former self, one I can definitely do! It's very close-to-the skin now, which surprised me! Very femme, very summery!

Edited by katz

As a side note, did anyone know that butterflies used to be called flutterbys? How wonderful is that?

I have always called them flutterbys but I did not know this...and then there are the nighttime flutterbys (moths always seemed like such a dull, heavy word for such delicate creatures,,,)

I think that while this will be a lovely scent, because of the floral nature it will probably not be a "me" scent...can't wait to try it anyway! :D

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, very floral but not pointy. Something familiar though - like something my mom used to wear? Will test more once it's rested from it's travels....

Edited by NuTrix

Lol, Cinnamonmel- I always thought they were all night creatures, but we have tiny little ones here now that flutter about in the house during the day and eat holes in my delicate clothes. They like to make the holes in the form of a triangle for some strange reason. My solution: Love Potion's Veloute Lavande- lavender is a magic charm against evil clothes-gobbling moths.

Edited by vladmyra

Mara told me it would be closer to Gypsum White than LP White. I'm very excited about that!

My heart just started beating fast!! lol I love Sneaky Clean, Gypsum and LP White so this has to be a winner for me!!! Olderbutwiser....this one you are going to love!! We are kindred Gypsum spirits.. :heart0974: . :smiley-eatdrink007: .;) I absolutely love the white florals...very excited!! Sampler...please get here soon!!! :beggingpleasesmiley::)

This was the one I was referring to when I said there was a scent in the June collection that you would like.

Does this remind anyone else of Silken Moonlight? I am trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of and I think it is that, however I can't be sure because I am out of it. This is lovely and I can't wait to wear it to two weddings I have this month (both on the same day). It feels pure and clean and with the TH it should be a perfect vibe.

This was the one I was referring to when I said there was a scent in the June collection that you would like.

You hit the nail on the head luna65!!! ;) Good Lord, between LP White that Mara just rebrewed and Flutterby I am going to be living in the street (at least I will smell good)!! I will never doubt you, Oh, wise one... :bow::2403::princess:;) lol.....you know us too well!! :)

Birkey: I'm still lovin' GypsumWhite, XAppeal and now, The Promise (thanks for sending me a sniffe of that and letting me know where to get it for my daughter), but I'm looking forward to trying my sample of Flutterby, so we shall see, lol! One thing's for certain, with three grown daughters and a granddaughter (who's getting older) all coming and going, it's gonna be hard to hang onto much of it. :say09752:

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Well, I just got my sampler packet in the mail, and outta the bunch, this is the winner! Out of the vial it is very light with a tiny bit of sweetness. It is a very sheer, almost barely there scent -- much more so that Gypsum White. It's lovely. I've been wanting to try out H&S, and this is the *perfect* scent. I can wear it alone, almost in stealth mode, and no one would really even notice it. Or, it could be very easily paired with just about anything else.

I'm still trying to distinguish between the different notes, but the white musk is divine and fortunately the vanilla is very light and not overpowering. Somewhere in the background, I'm picking up a tiny hint of jasmine (or is it magnolia?) which I also love. Flutterby screamed "spray me" from the moment I smelled it. And that's exactly what I plan to do -- my bottle is already on order. For those of you who are similarly inclined, there are only 3 sprays left! MNckXLV.gif

The lotus reached out of the vial and smacked me around a little bit and continued to do so for the first half hour or so of wearing. Then it calmed down and i could smell the other floral notes, not much anything else. i'm currently at 2.5 hours, and it's a sheer, gently sweet floral. Like the others, it reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on what. Glass Slipper Light, maybe...? While similar to LP White, I think this one is more floral forward whereas the musk in the White was the star of the show on my skin. I guess that just means I need a bottle of this one too.

Does this remind anyone else of Silken Moonlight?

It does! And since Karmiel's Silken Moonlight was created to resemble the original LP White...

To me it has a similar vibe to Mysteries Of The Orient as well: sheer silky soft, so pretty. I like how the vanilla and floral notes mingle and balance each other in the blend as a whole. And if I like it (because I normally don't like these types of scents), you know it has to be good!

To me, this is a softer version of Gypsum White -- softer, sweeter, more sheer. The dry down is marvelous and the scent holds, not morphing much except to sweeten a bit. Truly lovely. I missed out on a fb of Gypsum -- not making that mistake with this one!

I thought step-mom would like this one because it's not a foody, more perfumey notes, and she DOES like it, but said, "I SMELL LIKE CAKE!" :lol: I was all, you do NOT, you smell like flowers! She told my father to sniff it on her, and my dad said, "You smell better now than before you put it on." Such useful reviews! :rolleyes:

She told my father to sniff it on her, and my dad said, "You smell better now than before you put it on."

:lol: OMG your dad is hilarious!

I just got my sampler today, and this was the first one I reached for. I just love the white amber/musk/powdered sugar combo, it always works beautifully on my skin. This is like the love-child of LP White and Gypsum White, I can smell elements of both. Gypsum was super loud on me, and something in it stabbed me in my third eye. but not this. Soft, breezy and feminine, gorgeous label, (my favorite one!) and one of my favorite pheros. No-brainer full bottle!

This was a dream on me -- soft, floaty, floral but not too. This one makes me feel like I should be wearing a white cotton nightgown, sitting on the porch swing and drinking ice tea, chatting with the boy next door in 1933. It reminds very much of LP White, which I adore, but LP White always strikes me as deliciously cool while this is a warmer vibe... maybe the ginger? And so perfectly congruent with the phero! The only question: spray or oil? OR DO I NEED BOTH?!

I love the "white" scents, and this is no exception. It seems closer to LP White than Gypsum, at least on me. Gypsum has a sharpness to it at first that this doesn't. This is a light, sheer white floral. I have to get close to smell it, but it seems to be lasting okay. I'd like to get a FB of this too, if funds allow. A spray would be fabulous