Love Potion: Incandescence w/Bang!

AD-LP-Incandescence_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BLACK RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPIncandescence/

The bottle for Incandescence is sooooo very beautiful. Distractingly so! When I want to wear this potion, I'll have to avert my eyes from the gal on the label, Sultry, sweet and sexy, xoxo. My word...I can see myself losing time gazing at her :P . Incandescence is said to be for members of the cupcake lovers club -of which I'm one. AIso I don't own any LP blends with Bang or Bang by itself. Ahhh but wait a minute -I do now ^_^

I was so taken by milady's pulchritude and that hot red dress cinched-just-so, that I didn't see she was also packin' cupcakes ^_^ . Had to zoom in on the image...love the strategic placement of the one on her dress. Right bosom :)

^^^ There’s time yet my dear. Act quickly once you’ve had a chance to test your sample! The notes sound great in Incandescence. I’m particularly taken by the verbena and sugar. Sweets for the sweet :say19:

I think I have to get a FB of this. (That is the board lingo for full bottle, yes? :) ) I love cakey vanilla. I love blackberry. (Especially blackberry musks.) I haven't tried Bang phero mixes yet, but was going to. Yeah, I think this is a full-size Go-For-It. *excited!*

It's not blackberry, it's black raspberry.

I think I have to get a FB of this. (That is the board lingo for full bottle, yes? :) ) I love cakey vanilla. I love blackberry. (Especially blackberry musks.) I haven't tried Bang phero mixes yet, but was going to. Yeah, I think this is a full-size Go-For-It. *excited!*

:rolleyes: Yes, you're good, FB does mean "Full Bottle." :)

I love blackberry. (Especially blackberry musks.)

If you like blackberry musk-type fragrances you should try Spell Weaver:

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/LovePotion/9447731/spell_weaver_-_1_3_fl_oz_perfume_oil_-_witchy_sweet_halloween_scent/handmade/bath_and_beauty/fragrance/perfumes

OHMYGOODNESSYES! Spell Weaver is delicious!

Everything in Incandescence is SCREAMING FB! Cannot WAIT to get my mitts on this sample - I sense and order coming before the day is done....

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, fruit, hint of citrus, sweet - delish amber/vanilla and that chewy, gooey goodness that the patch in Compromising Positions has/adds! Oh my! And his hasn't even rested from it's travels yet!

Edited by NuTrix

It's not blackberry, it's black raspberry.

Aaaand this is where the phrase "more enthusiasm than reading comprehension" would apply. Thanks for the correction. Still sounds like a winner!

I will check that out, thank you, luna65.

OHMYGOODNESSYES! Spell Weaver is delicious!

Everything in Incandescence is SCREAMING FB! Cannot WAIT to get my mitts on this sample - I sense and order coming before the day is done....

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, fruit, hint of citrus, sweet - delish amber/vanilla and that chewy, gooey goodness that the patch in Compromising Positions has/adds! Oh my! And his hasn't even rested from it's travels yet!

OMG Nutrix you are killing me with these reviews... everything that I had on my "yeah, probably not going to need a FB of that one" is getting moved over to the "I will DIE if I don't possess this" list after reading your results, lady!

BC: I hear ya. I thought I was clever jumping for the FB's that I ordered, but then I start reading reviews and realize there are always a couple more I shoulda got.....Well....at least I got a sample of this one....

OMG Nutrix you are killing me with these reviews... everything that I had on my "yeah, probably not going to need a FB of that one" is getting moved over to the "I will DIE if I don't possess this" list after reading your results, lady!

:Emoticons04263: Sorry BC! I'm wearing this one again today so it's "rested". All the ones from yesterday were straight from the post so I have to see if first impressionswere true...

BC: I hear ya. I thought I was clever jumping for the FB's that I ordered, but then I start reading reviews and realize there are always a couple more I shoulda got.....Well....at least I got a sample of this one....

I was doing the same thing and then I would read reviews and be all like - "Shoulda ordered THAT one too!" I've been doing this for a couple years now and ONLY finally made the choice to stop ordering bottles and get the sampler first (of course for the month I decide to go al samplers I get the flu and couldn't smell a DARN thing when they got here :Emoticons04282: )

Hey Nuti! Does the lime rape your third eye? Sometimes lime can do this to me. I'm wondering how much is in there. Hopefully it's 90% cupcakes.

Wearing this one again for you LV -

On me, first on, the lime is fighting with another note (I believe the patch) for dominance and it's a bit odd smelling. The lime isn't pointy or stabby, just bright. Once the lime chills - like 5 minutes - the patch is really coming through on me today but it's not a bad thing (as I once believed patchouli meant the end of all things - with Mara, that just isn't always so!) I think the amber, vanilla and sugar do give it a cake-y feel, but not as pound cake like as the Faise Cirton, more like white cake. The patch gives it this chewy and (kind of spicy?) character and the lime and raspberry are like a sweet icing - OHMYGOSH! - just like the description! Pink icing! How the HECK does she DO that????

Edited by NuTrix

:Emoticons04263: Sorry BC! I'm wearing this one again today so it's "rested". All the ones from yesterday were straight from the post so I have to see if first impressionswere true...

I was doing the same thing and then I would read reviews and be all like - "Shoulda ordered THAT one too!" I've been doing this for a couple years now and ONLY finally made the choice to stop ordering bottles and get the sampler first (of course for the month I decide to go al samplers I get the flu and couldn't smell a DARN thing when they got here :Emoticons04282: )

Wearing this one again for you LV -

On me, first on, the lime is fighting with another note (I believe the patch) for dominance and it's a bit odd smelling. The lime isn't pointy or stabby, just bright. Once the lime chills - like 5 minutes - the patch is really coming through on me today but it's not a bad thing (as I once believed patchouli meant the end of all things - with Mara, that just isn't always so!) I think the amber, vanilla and sugar do give it a cake-y feel, but not as pound cake like as the Faise Cirton, more like white cake. The patch gives it this chewy and (kind of spicy?) character and the lime and raspberry are like a sweet icing - OHMYGOSH! - just like the description! Pink icing! How the HECK does she DO that????

Sooo jealous! This sounds amazing!

Just received my sample of this. Must say of the four I got, this and Exotica is my fav. Too soon to tell as they need to sit and mellow a bit, but my initial impression is YES to Incandescense. Not picking up on the lime yet.

I'm having a hard time believing something so light can cover Bang! so seamlessly! In the vial, this took me back to my childhood. We have this snow cone place that makes that when you lean in, it smells like coconut and fruitiness and ice. Such a comforting smell. That's exactly what it smelled like to me. So I was surprised to view the notes and find that there wasn't any coconut! Nevertheless, I got that same smell when i put it on my skin. after a few seconds, i got a blast of lime, like Nutrix said, bright but not stabby. But after few more minutes, the black raspberry really came out, leaving me something like a dense, raspberry poke cake--cakey but heavy with fruity bits. This actually reminds me of Double O but light on the patch!

I'm going to be giving this one a proper slather today so I can decide if it's going on the FB list ) I'm hoping with proper slathering to get more cake to go with the yummy icing ^_^ I NEED more BANG! in my collection :D

Well....since I accidentally slathered today, I might as well give it a review :)

This is very raspberry forward on my skin. It's like my favorite kind of dessert really; any type of cake with fruit jam included in the recipe. I pretty much want to eat my arm right now :)

So it's been about 6 hours and I'm getting the sugary, amber, patch finish.

I like how fruity this is first on and it's not obnoxiously in your face, just really nommy cup cake and pink frosting. That was my favorite part actaully :) I will surely love my sample and use it all up, lol, but I think I will pass on the FB of this one this time.

This one is also giving me *sadface*...*sigh*

I absolutely LOVE this in the vial, I get a really sweet/tart raspberry-lime with an undertone of the cupcake aura. But on me, within about five minutes it all disappears. Poof! It's like what happened with me and The Trouble With Truffles. :cry:

I love the soft cake and the raspberry even works.

I guess "Black Raspberry" works on me. I was already to exclaim OMG ...

But then, after the dry down the lime and my skin decided it was time to fight it out. oh well. at least the cake stays fresh and doesn't turn into old Brest milk on me as some can do.

I'll try it again another day...

Edited by StacyK

MMMMM!!! SOOO GOOOOD!!! :Emoticons04235:

Right out of the vial, I getting a fluffy, creamy lime chiffon pie! Then after about five minutes, the lime backs off and allows the black raspberry to say, "HIYA!!!" The black raspberry is all I can smell, and that is not a complaint, it's yummy! It's reminding me of Raspberry Chiffon a little bit at this point, I'm not getting a cupcake impression at all. Just black raspberry fruity goodness. I love it!

Hmm, very interesting! Wet, this is almost medicinal on me, and the black raspberry veers dangerously close to cough syrup territory. Once it dries down, though, it's a tremendously dense, zingy rich sweet dark scent. Like a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry and lime and espresso beans. I don't think it's a "me" scent but I am really enjoying the sample.

This smelled great when I first put it on. But after about 15 min it became very strong on my skin, distractingly so. The cake note was fine, soft sweet and delicate, which made me hopeful. But the raspberry went from a slightly sweet & tart scent, to a powerful bitter raspberry. The lime amped and left a bitter smelling rind behind. Unless i'm drinking margaritas, lime and I rarely have a good time.

Edited by StacyK

So sad, wet this was waxy on me :'( I think the vanilla type maybe? as it was drying down three separate strangers in a row commented that they smelled a candle, lol. Then it faded surprisingly quickly. Travel shock maybe - will have to give another go.....

I had such high hopes for this... When first applied, it was really sour and the raspberry quickly turned into cough medicine. After it settled a bit, it smelled better. A very berries and cream type of scent... But now after a few hours of wear, all I smell is amber and patch. It's not awful, just not my style.

Wet this smells very berry with vanilla yogurt and a hint of lime. That's all I am getting in the wet stage, will report later as it dries down.

It reminds me of limeade almost but like a sweet limeade. Not bad. Wiill report if the patch rapes me or if something else happens.

Initially the lime-raspberry take center stage with the vanilla peaking out. It's not as cakey as I expected it to be. After dry down, the amber and patch come forward and blends perfectly with the fruit. This one is so delicious. I can't stop smelling my arm when I wear it and it has quickly become one of my favorites from this collection.

It is also the first blend I have tried with Bang. I wore it last weekend to a Salsa event. After arriving, i was sitting alone at a table relaxing and getting into the music. My dance instructor (who's a great guy but can be really standoffish in public) walked past me from behind, did a 180, gave me a big hug and kiss on the cheek. I was like, whoa! Score one for Bang! We have performance team tryouts coming up in a couple weeks, so now I'm considering wearing this for a little extra something to stand out ;-)

Excellent! < Mr.Burns type voice. I thought everyone would love this and it wasn't really me. Buuuut, I got the sample and wow!! True raspberry loveliness. I was expecting a similar cake vibe to cherry divinity, but no! I love bang, love raspberry and this works!

You can all send unwanted incandescence to me! This is the sneakiness surprise ever, bar that resin scent I had no idea would sell out before I ordered!

By all accounts my skin chemistry should love and adore this one. But something isn't meshing well with me. What should be yummy vanilla cake is turning into . . . olive?! I'm getting a definite whiff of olive-ness on my wonky skin. Tons of sadness, as I wanted so much to wear this. But I'm not giving up -- I intend to hold an intervention with my epidermis and read it the riot act.

ETA: The olive-ness lasted about ten minutes then faded, letting everything else get back in line. Will continue playing with this one, as I want it to work, dang it! Hey, skin! Behave, or I have two words for ya -- "Tanning bed!"

Edited by Just Ducky

I knew this one probably wasn't going to work on me..but you gotta try them all, right? My experience was much like BC's. After a few moments of wet raspberry cake, then it goes weirdly medicinal. The black east is super tart and then the lime and other notes kind of mix together in a weird way.

When I first read the description of this one I was interested, but i wasn't all that excited.

However, this stuff wears fantastically well on my skin! It is a berry shortcake-y scent. Black raspberry shortcake and it is soooo yummy. After a while, the cake wanes and the berries come forward without being too sweet and without being too sticky. The lime is a perfect accent. Lasts a long time on me, as well. Love it! And, the Bang! had the predictable effect on the BF. This is on my list of FBs to order.

Edited by Cougarrific

I so wanted my skin to love this but alas it keeps coming off as cough syrup on me. I've not had this happen before and I'm so bummed because I love bang. I'm going to wait a few weeks and try it again, since one never knows and sometimes wearing it the third time is the charm.