Love Potion: Incandescence w/Bang!

I knew this one probably wasn't going to work on me..but you gotta try them all, right? My experience was much like BC's. After a few moments of wet raspberry cake, then it goes weirdly medicinal. The black east is super tart and then the lime and other notes kind of mix together in a weird way.

I could not place it but that is what I'm getting the medicinal cough syrup type if vibe as well. I'm hating on my skin right now.

• 1 month later...

That IS such a shame....*tenting fingers like Mr. Burns. Looks like they'll be more for the rest of us, muhahaha! Ok, I really wasn't sure about Bang!, honestly, but in this?! This is just my favorite type of foody LP & everyone treats me so nice when I wear it. I hope Mara has a few gallons on hand, because I want to hoard this one.

This one is nice but not quite enough cupcake for me to want to go full hog and get a bottle. I amp something in this, not sure what exactly, maybe the type of musk?Made me think it had labdanum in it? This one me is almost identical to Holle. My fellow old-timers will know which one I'm talking about ;)

This is a great way to try out BANG (thank you!)- and cupcake scent, then I'm in. Ok unto review, this is my 2nd test of this as the 1st one try likely had travel shock and I didn't shake prior to applying.

Ok so wet, my skin amps lime and raspberry - the medcinal effect others have spoken of - like candied awful cough syrup. I'm thinking it's my skin amping or morphing those notes weirdly. It could be amping other notes, but those are the ones I smell. And it's 'pointy', 'stabby'.

5 min in, lime starts backing off a bit but raspberry still strong. Unfortunately my brain is still linking the raspbery to the cough syrup smell.

10 min in, To tame scent, I added some LP Pink which rounded out the notes for my skin. Now it smells like buttercream frosting cupcake with a raspberry swirl, very nice. Lime taken a back-seat, can't detect. Pointiness and stabbiness gone.

I have 2 samples from prior order and just ordered another sample. Even though my skin morphs this, the base of this scent is awesome, my skin just needs something creamy buttery (from the buttery vanilla) to 'round' it out. Adding LP Pink turns it into a wonderful scent - difft from each on their own.

In layering, only dabbed the LP Pink so it wouldn't overtake the whole thing - turned out nicely. And so happy to have a scent to try BANG! Once I'm able to order sugars, I want to play layering this with some of the sugars. Of course I'll be doing that anyway with the sugars. :D Next order of course.

• 2 months later...

I too layered this with LP pink- loving the smell although I haven't had the chance to try out the bang aspect of it yet. It smells like strawberry short cake to me-

Banshee, isn't it awesome combo? Let me know what you think @ Bang. I haven't had opp to test yet really... on my list of things to test drive soon.

I went ahead and ordered sample size of BANG just to ensure proper testing, interest of science of course. ;)

I can't wait! :cat690:

My favorite time to try out my samples is at night after a bath, usually I use alittle because i do not know what to expect. Initially too fruity for me but then it settles down and I like the dry down

Weeeeel, I was awakend at 3 am because hubby wanted some action-What!!-I dont do groggy action, Next day he said I smelled great. This is a man that rarely compliments me on my perfume

Edited by livin101

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite time to try out my samples is at night after a bath, usually I use alittle because i do not know what to expect. Initially too fruity for me but then it settles down and I like the dry down

Weeeeel, I was awakend at 3 am because hubby wanted some action-What!!-I dont do groggy action, Next day he said I smelled great. This is a man that rarely compliments me on my perfume

Livin101 - do you think it was the scent or BANG or combo of both? I just rec'd bang and really like it so far, but haven't 'tested on others' so curious as to your thoughts on this.

Weeeeel, I was awakend at 3 am because hubby wanted some action-What!!-I dont do groggy action,

:D Me either - but just because I'm less likely to fully participate doesn't mean I'll say no...

I wanted to LOVE this LP badly but my chemistry just punishes me with the patch. Sometimes it's awesome (in other blends) but for whatever reason this one does NOT play nicely. My beloved BANG! Still searching for my perfect fragrance match...I'm a patient woman....I can wait :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

Wet this is a bright citrus-berry. The black raspberry reminded me a bit of Tickle, Tickle and I was concerned that it was going to go all scary and medicinal in the same way. Luckily the lime calmed down quickly and the berry started to settle within the first couple of minutes, too. This one changed constantly through dry-down and it smelled different every time I took a sniff. I've never experienced a perfume changing so much in the first 15 minutes.

Next I could really smell the pink sugar and the vanilla was indeed cakey. In the first 30-60 minutes it reminded me of a lime/lemon drizzle cake with raspberry curd. It wasn't too sweet -- the fruit kept things bright.

I next smelled this one about four hours after application and it had changed again! I have been left with a beautiful soft, slightly dry amber layered with faint vanilla (less cakey now) and the lightest touch of patchouli. There is only the occasional whiff of pink sugar coming through. I received a compliment on this stage from my main squeeze, too.

As I'm not a bonafidy member of the Cupcake Club and I'm a bit leery of strong citrus I wouldn't call this a love, at least not until it has been worn for hours, but I am interested to see how future experimentation will play out.

Sadly no news on the phero, but I'm certainly going to keep trying!

Edited by donsie

• 1 month later...

I'm trying this for the first time tonight. It's also the first time I've tried Bang. At first, it's this black raspberry lime chiffon like smell on my skin. Slowly the amber and patchouli are making more of an appearance. Now that they have become more prevalent, it is causing a blending of all of the individual notes together to make a more sensuous, sexy scent. I cannot stop huffing my skin. YUMMY!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I get sugary lime when wet with just a hint of the black raspberry peeping through. As it dries down I start to pick up the vanilla which gives it a delicious sweetness, have to agree with banshee here and say strawberry shortcake. But the lime is still there giving it a freshness.

I have had this on for a few hours now and I am not picking up any noticeable patch which my skin has a tendency to amp. But having said that over time it has developed a depth which I can't quite put my finger on but I am going to attribute to the patch working but veiled in the background.

I love this scent. I'm off to get a FB.

• 3 months later...

Smells like the yummiest berry and cream torte ever made. The first couple of minutes, and in the vial it was a buttery vanilla that was too greasy and sweet. Then the berries and lime came in and tamed the sweetness. Awesome. I'll post the effects after wearing it on its own.

Guest cutie.pie

I like this one...it's so yummy! :)

Smells like the yummiest berry and cream torte ever made. The first couple of minutes, and in the vial it was a buttery vanilla that was too greasy and sweet. Then the berries and lime came in and tamed the sweetness.

Great review! :)

• 5 months later...

Incandescence is in the GGG section. I only managed to hoard two bottles in total, but I feel satisfied about that because I rarely wear pheros anymore. I think my two bottles will last awhile. This scent is aging beautifully & I do hope to snag Mr. Right with it when I get back into the game, lol.

This is a great way to try out BANG (thank you!)- and cupcake scent, then I'm in. Ok unto review, this is my 2nd test of this as the 1st one try likely had travel shock and I didn't shake prior to applying.

Ok so wet, my skin amps lime and raspberry - the medcinal effect others have spoken of - like candied awful cough syrup. I'm thinking it's my skin amping or morphing those notes weirdly. It could be amping other notes, but those are the ones I smell. And it's 'pointy', 'stabby'.

5 min in, lime starts backing off a bit but raspberry still strong. Unfortunately my brain is still linking the raspbery to the cough syrup smell.

10 min in, To tame scent, I added some LP Pink which rounded out the notes for my skin. Now it smells like buttercream frosting cupcake with a raspberry swirl, very nice. Lime taken a back-seat, can't detect. Pointiness and stabbiness gone.

I have 2 samples from prior order and just ordered another sample. Even though my skin morphs this, the base of this scent is awesome, my skin just needs something creamy buttery (from the buttery vanilla) to 'round' it out. Adding LP Pink turns it into a wonderful scent - difft from each on their own.

In layering, only dabbed the LP Pink so it wouldn't overtake the whole thing - turned out nicely. And so happy to have a scent to try BANG! Once I'm able to order sugars, I want to play layering this with some of the sugars. Of course I'll be doing that anyway with the sugars. :D Next order of course.

Thanks for the tip with LP Pink ! I just tried it and it is much better..I did not care that much for how Incandescence morphed on me, but with LP Pink I might like it :)

• 1 year later...

Well, I almost forgot the power of BANG! Wore this today & I had men rubber necking me at the grocery store. All the male grocery store clerks kept stopping by to check on me, & I had one make a full round of the store, after asking if I needed any help, then come by & ask me again. Better avoid this one at the grocery store in the future, lest anyone think I'm shoplifting from all the attention I keep getting from the staff!