The Detective and the Dame - Pheromone Enhanced w SUPER SEXY for Women

Ok, so I didn't like this one very much for a long time. It smelled so sour to me, almost like there were some cops in there but there aren't. It used to smell very "perfumey" to me, too mature.. My nose must have been immature or screwy because now I can pick up so many other notes, I adore this. It ends up so creamy and womanly and sexy and now I get hints of amber and musk and some florals. I'm so happy I didn't give up on this one.... or that it didn't give up on my ignorance.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved this one, beautiful floral with whispers of musk and sandalwood. It also imbued me with an aura of delectable sexuality which never ceased to arouse my other half, unfortunately in a plane to Europe the contents ended up all over my make up case as the pressure did something funny to the bottle. I am savouring the few droplets I have left for some special feral occasions....

I loved this one, beautiful floral with whispers of musk and sandalwood. It also imbued me with an aura of delectable sexuality which never ceased to arouse my other half, unfortunately in a plane to Europe the contents ended up all over my make up case as the pressure did something funny to the bottle. I am savouring the few droplets I have left for some special feral occasions....

I've a sample I can donate to the cause... I have your bottle of Closer to ship out yet!

• 1 month later...

I wore this last night when I went out to meet some friends for a pint. I wanted to test the SS4W in public for a change, as I've been wearing MRF around the house without even a second look from BF). I wore quite a lot - did the Mara Manouver, put some on the back of my neck, on the backs of my hands, the creases in my elbows, and sort of smooshed some around my forearms.

Before I left, I bent over my BF to kiss him good-bye, and he grinned a funny grin, and complained when I told him he had to let me go. That was new. He's never shown any reaction to SS4W before, so from this I gather that I simply hadn't worn enough the other times I tested. It was cute, and exactly the kind of reaction I've been looking for from him, in terms of affection.

I didn't notice any real blatant hits at the pub, although one fella changed barstools so my two friends and I could sit down, (but that's not too unusual), and one really young fella sitting in a booth a few feet away wouldn't stop staring at me.

The scent is beautiful, although freesia does tend to give me an instant headache... and it did. I popped a couple of Advil to take care of that.

This really is a very grown-up scent. I felt like I should have been wearing an evening gown, rather than the jeans, t-shirt & Chucks I had on. It's the kind of scent I could see myself wearing to the theatah. As much as I love the way this smells, I probably won't wear it often, as the freesia note kills my head, and it's just... too grown-up for me. It's elegant and ladylike, whereas I am not. I'm Idgie Threadgood.

My BF came home early from his friend's house. That was kind of new, too. Ordinarily when he goes out, I don't see him again until 1 or 2 am. But he was home by 10:45, AND he was very attentive. We had a fun night together, and went to bed around 3. In bed, he pulled me close, (not a new behaviour, but an infrequent one - I blame the EST), and at 6 he awoke with a mission! So that was pretty fun! And unexpected. He seemed happily baffled by his own behaviour. Good. ;-) He's still talking about what a nice wake-up it was!

I'm glad to say that SS4W does good things for me. But sad to say that the perfume itself is probably not for me.

Yeah, ss4w is one of those rare ones that some here (including me) find to be "more is more".

So Tyvey, when you order stuff boosted with SS4W, do you get it 2x then? Or do you still get the normal strength, and simply apply more?

I reserve my sample of Detective and the Dame when I bring out my silk floor length negligee and I'm out and about in my palace in France. I feel soooo vintage femme fatale in this

I know whatcha mean. This scent makes me really glad I have an extendable cigarette holder!

I had this early on and traded it away... Trying it again, and I like it much better now :) On me it's a pretty, bright floral - turns just a bit powdery though

Edited by Molls

• 3 months later...

I'm not great at describing scents, so hopefully over time that's a skill I'll be able to acquire. I just wanted to pop over and say how much I adore this. This will sound strange, but something about this combination of scents reminds me of my grandfather. It, to me (but again - so, so new to fragrances and identification/associations) smells at first earthy and deep, then sweet just around the edges. Reminds me of some of the tobacco he used to get, I think, plus the sweetness that came with either his shaving cream or aftershave. So the smokey plus the sweet.

After awhile, light and powdery almost. Like others have said, elegant.

It amazes me how it is both, and I love that it is called The Detective and The Dame because I feel like both elements are very present and they compliment each other so well. One is there, then the other arrives. The story unfolds.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wearing this to work just to see what it'd do. I smooshed a few drops on my wrists, which I think rubbed across my chest. Which is a strange way to apply, I'll give you that. Then I put a couple of drops on my fingertips and pulled them through my hair.

Went to the gas station before going into work and one of my regulars was there. He was like "HEY, what are you doing here? Since I can't do this while you're at work.." and he hugged me and pulled my body close to his. And this is the weird part. He put his hands in my hair.. like ran his fingers through my hair, then pulled my hair to his face to smell it. It was BIZARRE. Then he goes "God, you smell good."

When I got to work, hits from other customers were less obvious. Coworkers like this one a lot, especially the guys. I get a lot of attention from them any time I've ever worn it to work. They just want to be around me. As I've said before, I really love this fragrance so I'm glad it's a hit all around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I ordered this off Art fire.. I'm so excited to have a shot at this!! Never thought it would happen. A whole new bottle for me! :)

This is going to be really great or not. I don't see this as in-between. Feel pretty confident because of these reviewers too. Sooo wheeee

:love-you:

DD I can't wait to try it. :)

:Emoticons04284: Just found out my order didn't happen. I put an ISO up with a very good offer.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

i haven't worn this in a long time. I brought it out today to see how it goes if I still get that whole femme fatale vibe. and while it's still there it felt a bit too grown up for me. I mean don't get me wrong I love my grown up scents, but I think the sandalwood that I am sure has aged beautifully is taken it to that level of really mature.

I pulled this out to use on alphabet D day. Yes, I get that slightly aged sandalwood and the floral in it is somewhat dry and sophiscaited. The light musk is also very sly & sexy. I do like this. it's aged well.