Balm Bomb, Unscented

I didn't see a review for this one unscented and I was hoping to get more intel on it, lol.

I got this in the spray in the 10 for 10 and just broke it out over the weekend. I'd heard some say that it's good for PMS so I DEFINITELY put that aspect of it to the test.

What led up to this...Prepare for TMI - apologies -

For anyone who thinks that what you eat DOESN'T effect your body:

I eat healthy (lots of raw foods, love to juice, very little meat, intermittent fasting kind of stuff) so when the holidays rolled around this time I decided not to worry about what I had...but I think I just changed my mind about that. I ate A LOT of crap over vacation and a lot of meat too, but I wasn't worried about it, just looked at it as a splurge.

Sorry for any guys reading this...you may wish to skip ahead...but I got hit with a wave of cramps like I've never experienced before - ever - this month...I'm talking curled into the fetal position, woken out of my sleep at 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning cramps. I don't suffer from PMS normally. No headaches, no anger management issues, NO CRAMPS (my worst experience is feeling a little tired and simply sleeping in a little fixes that!)

These past 2 holidays were the first ones that I just decided to go ahead and jump in like everyone else...great experiment...solidified why I do what I do and love it! Maybe part of it is that my body isn't used to all the processed foods anymore - or the quantities - or just the lack of nutrition in general, lol, but this cycle was hell and I cannot imagine how women go through this regularly each month! I would dread it! Even hubby was sympathetic. I even resorted to medication and I RARELY, IF EVER, USE MEDICATION and even then I only use aspirin.

SO. All I'm saying is NUTRITION MATTERS.

So back to Balm Bomb....I was one the fence about this phero blend FOREVER because, like I mentioned above, I just don't have PMS issues (which is what I was thinking I'd need it for - go figure!). Of course I thought of it immediately and felt this could be the BEST DAY EVER to test it out, lol.

Unscented has a very strong smell of mones...cover required. From the 5ml spray, I spritzed 2 on wrists and 3 to neck/chest area so I would be dosed very well by it. It made me relaxed and sleepy...didn't do anything for the cramps but it may not have been a strong enough dose to but it did relax me and the rest was welcome. I almost never take naps but I took an aspirin and curled up on the couch and although I didn't really sleep I did rest, dozing in and out. My husband's never seen me like that so I don't know that the BB is what made him so attentive and sweet.

I put some BB on again last night before bed and may do so tonight just for good measure, but Sunday was the worst and that was the only day I wore it all day. I would think I'd feel too drowsy to wear it during the day for work. It made me feel super chill...wonder if I used too much? But at that point, I was cool with that :lol: It didn't make me unfocused or spacey, just really relaxed.

So now I have BB and I'm thinking if I don't get my body sorted out by next month I may need it again, lol, but what I'd like to know from other members is:

I haven't got kids, don't usually have PMS and don't stress much about anything (yeah, I'm one of those...don't sweat the small stuff...all stuff is small stuff...I know for some reason this can irritate the hell out of some people :huh: I've been through my share of fires and came out crispy but in tact...build and grow, right?)

What do all of you use BB for?

Sorry this turned out to be such a long post! Thanks All! :love:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten the BB yet. I got one of the last little vials of Tranquility Potion and am still using that. I have anxiety disorder and use it when I start feeling really tense and worried but had rather not take more meds. Works really, REALLY well. If Balm Bomb does as well, it'll be good for that.

What do all of you use BB for?

Don't have the UN,but do have BB in Heart's Ease which I got for both the truly calming scent & the phero blend,use it in our monsoon season when the winds & fireworks get a little scary :lol: ... go back and forth between it and Unisexy 2010, Jubilee,or Teddy BB :)

@ AC - Oh, it chilled me out FOR SURE. Completely chillaxin' Tranquility Potion, that's the mysterious Stone labs blend. Interesting. Thanks for info. Cougar is from Stone labs to and is the bomb so I'm not surprised when you say TP is really good too.

@ Calii - Oh! I got the Teddy BB in the 10 for 10 too! I like B2 and was just curious how different TBB might be. Gosh that Jubilee sounds YUMMY!

@ Halo - Hmm. Well, I wasn't cranky :lol: In spite of feeling like my insides were twisted in a knot...that's a pretty impressive feat! I was incredibly uncomfortable but I didn't have a miserable attitude so I (and probably my husband too) would call that a plus ^-~

Thanks everyone!

I have this in an UN and I find myself using it when I want to feel calm, not so much when I feel stressed. Sound the same I know LOL but I find that for me if I start out in a fairly calm place and know I'm going to have a stressfull appointment or day, I spritz on 2-3 sprays of this. Seems to maintain the balance. I don't notice many effects if I am already stressed out and then reach for this.

Have you checked out Mother's Little Helper? I've had some success with that in stressful situations too. It's more of "okay, everything's under control and I am totally competent " vibe for me.

So it's not the same thing as the BB...I like the way you describe it, ""okay, everything's under control and I am totally competent " vibe". BB has helped me relax before bed the last few days...BONUS...but I'll have to read up more on MLH. That could be good for work...Hmm....

Thanks Raq On :)

• 2 weeks later...

I need a bottle of this. I fear I am going to drink my sample spray this week. I have bad PMS as you all know and read. This morning I said a small prayer to God- Dear God, please give me super strength to kill everyone that steps into my eyesight, I will not be able to deal. Then I remembered my spray of BB. As soon as I dropped Jude off at daycare. I did the whole.. ' Showtime Synergy' ritual.. and got to work in time for a meeting. Someone moved their coffee so I could sit next to them on the table ( yes this sounds sexy but I promise it's not, it's a small conference room and we have these quick meetings and sometimes we sit on the table next to the wall.)

The other male scooted the other way so I could sit next in the middle next to him and this other girl, in case I didn't want to sit next to two males- It was like he read my mind. He also happens to be my assistant so he was extra tuned in to my mood today.

After the meeting, everything has been peachy keen and I cannot feel any back pain or cramps that are looming in the dark ready for when my uterus cries bloody murder.

Usually I talk out in the air, make side comments- like our email is super slow.. so I say out loud ' I cannot live this life with this email this slow" two people told me not to worry it was the same for them as well. It seems like everyone is super attentive to me and sweet with this phero. DAMN. Totally need this. This is PMS escape! Forget chocolate and potato chips!

Forget chocolate and potato chips!

No way! Chocolate, potato chips AND Balm Bomb....why limit ourselves in our suffering? Let's have it all! :heart:

I slathered my self in Balm Bomb during my last cycle and ate two bags of Lindor Truffles...and I was almost happy!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I rest my case....if you had added a bag of Grandma Utz or sour cream & onion chips it might have been enough to get you there... :D

Okay I ate hummus. I have gone through two containers this week. Not even lying. So I sprayed some of this on the way home last night and when I got home I cooked and cleaned and was so calm and not annoyed or tired.

I felt great! BF thought I was getting sick because I was so happy and felt productive. I seriously felt like a 50s housewife- happy to make dinner and change poopy diapers. I was not tired or crabby. Then it wore off when we were going to bed, and I jammed my knee into the bed post when I turned off the light.. when I am going to get my period I get super clumsy.. - anyhow I let out this trucker man like growl.. sounded like the Lochness monster struggling to breathe and smoke a pipe at the same time.. I yelled AURGGGGGGGHHHH FUUUCCCKKKKK , then I realized how disgusting and fat I must have sounded to my son and BF so I activated my voice changer and started cute crying and sniffing. They both ran over and kissed me and I wept for about 20 minutes until they were both over it. Then I had to pick a fight and say.. NO ONE LOVES ME IN THIS HOUSE.

more kisses and condolences on the knee and we drifted off to sleep. I still managed to let out a few whimpers and cry out.. my poor throbbing knee..

So what I learned is that BB really does balance me, not just emotionally, but physically. This stuff is SUPER FOOD for me around the time where I want to take hostages.

so I activated my voice changer and started cute crying and sniffing. They both ran over and kissed me and I wept for about 20 minutes until they were both over it.

:10_small16:

... you crack me the hell up ...every single time!

I felt great! BF thought I was getting sick because I was so happy and felt productive. I seriously felt like a 50s housewife- happy to make dinner and change poopy diapers. I was not tired or crabby.

Then it wore off

I yelled AURGGGGGGGHHHH FUUUCCCKKKKK , then I realized how disgusting and fat I must have sounded to my son and BF so I activated my voice changer and started cute crying and sniffing.

Then I had to pick a fight and say.. NO ONE LOVES ME IN THIS HOUSE.

I still managed to let out a few whimpers and cry out.. my poor throbbing knee..

YOU are a HOTmess! :blink:

And I love you for it! :lol:

• 1 month later...

OK, requiring the use of this one tonight...but this is another stinky blend sooooo...I added some AVV and I am feeling very comfortable now...and I smell delish :lol:

• 1 month later...

I am an emotional wreck tonight. I started feeling the PMSing coming on at work and I felt like I could just start crying at any time. I hadn't started using my BB yet so I didn't have it with me. I could have really used this at work. At one point, my Supervisor (the one I really like) and one of my Coworkers was in a heated discussion. When I saw them, I turned around and left. When my Supervisor saw me, he yelled, "We are having a work related discussion. Come back!!" In that moment, all lust was out the window for him. LOL!! A few minutes later, he came in my office and said, "Were you wanting to talk to me or him? I was so pissed that I said, "I don't want to talk to either of you...get out!!" Yep, I said this to my crush. He has two Sisters so I hope he figures this one out. LOL!!

So, I just practically drenched myself in BB. I'm started to feel a little calmer but, I'm not 100% yet!! I guess this will have to be my Pheromone of choice tomorrow. That and shutting my door and writing a note on it that says, ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!! LOL

OH NO! :( Sorry things were so hairy for you at work. Hope BB works as well for you as it did for me. Chilled me right out, completely relaxed and unphased by my surrounding circumstances. The "enter at your own risk" note may come in handy as a back up - just in case... :lol:

You know Cchristys , there's always the 1 day a month even the phero fairy can't help you much :( better luck tomorrow ! At least you know what is making you blue . I always have the one day when everything in the world is just makes me cry . Of course I never realize in that moment it's just the hormones . That epiphany only always hits me 2 days later .

Edited by fluffygirl12

Because of the PMSing, I only thought I heard my Supervisor yell at me to come back. My Coworker said that he wanted me to come in and wondered why I left. OMG...I hate this time of the month. I was mad at my Supervisor for no reason and today, I got the cold shoulder. :-( Yeah, the phero fairy is on vacation at the moment. LOL!! Ugh....I miss my fun, loving, sexy Supervisor. LOL!!!

Yeah, doesn't seem to be a Phero to help with this. Even BB doesn't work the way I would like. But, it does make me sleepy and want to check out a few hours. LOL

You know Cchristys , there's always the 1 day a month even the phero fairy can't help you much :( better luck tomorrow ! At least you know what is making you blue . I always have the one day when everything in the world is just makes me cry . Of course I never realize in that moment it's just the hormones . That epiphany only always hits me 2 days later .

Edited by cchristys

Because of the PMSing, I only thought I heard my Supervisor yell at me to come back. My Coworker said that he wanted me to come in and wondered why I left. OMG...I hate this time of the month. I was mad at my Supervisor for no reason and today, I got the cold shoulder. :-( Yeah, the phero fairy is on vacation at the moment. LOL!! Ugh....I miss my fun, loving, sexy Supervisor. LOL!!!

Yeah, doesn't seem to be a Phero to help with this. Even BB doesn't work the way I would like. But, it does make me sleepy and want to check out a few hours. LOL

Have you tried Teddy BB for PMS? That's what I use for it. It calms me way down. I use it for sleep, too. I tend to wear Balm Bomb when I'm tired and verging on teary or grouchy, and I don't want to have to deal with any B.S., (in other words, I want my boyfriend to be extra nice to me) :lol: It doesn't help me with PMS symptoms at all.

I think a couple of the others here use B2 for PMS as well. You could try either one of those instead of Balm Bomb.

BB Chillaxed me into comfortable existence. Androstadienone may supposedly be helpful with PMS symptoms. Teddy BB & B2 have the same ingredient LIST but B2 has 50% of the first ingredient (listed as Androstadienone) where Teddy BB is a more balanced blend (according to description). If you want to try something for PMS without buying straight Androstadienone, you could try B2 and see how you fair :)

B2:

* Ingredients: Androstadienone, DHEAS, androstanone, alpha-androstenol, androsterone.

* (This blend features 50% of the first ingredient. See "Teddy Potion BB" for a more evenly balanced arrangement of the same ingredients.)

Teddy BB:

* Ingredients: Androstadienone, DHEAS, androstanone, alpha-androstenol, androsterone.

Balm Bomb is something else completely:

* Ingredients: Androstadienone, Alpha-Androstenol, DHEAS, Epiandrosterone, Beta-THDOC, Estratetraenol.

Food for thought...things that make you go, Hmm...

Edited by NuTrix

It's funny how these all work so differently for all of us. For me, Balm Bomb is what I use when I'm very tired, and bordering on either teary or cranky - this happens a lot because my work schedule is weird, and so is my sleep schedule. It works as a please-don't-push-my-buttons-and-I-won't-kill-you-or-sob-on-you potion. When I've tried to use it for PMS, it makes me crankier. I think it's just a matter of my PMS being too wild for Balm Bomb.

Teddy BB, on the other hand, is like putting on my Normal Suit. A few sprays and I'm back to being the (somewhat) rational, laid-back woman people know me to be, instead of a homicidal crybaby.

Funny thing is, when BF and I first got together, my cramps stopped entirely for a while. It. Was. Awesome. I think that had something to do with his own pheros. I still find him very calming to be around, in general, and my cramps aren't what they were, but I *do* still get them. Weirdness.

I haven't tried B2 yet.

It's funny how these all work so differently for all of us.

:yeahthat: ...to infinity and beyond :D

...what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another what works for one will NOT work the same for another

I hate to clutter up the Balm Bomb thread with a non-review... but I am suddenly hormonal and teary. May have to do with running into an ex earlier today, but I thought I was over all that nonsense. Reading all your reports here, I wonder if I should go with Teddy Man or Heart's Ease...

Edited by Molls

B2 has a higher amount of androstadienone which helps to chill us gals out. OR you could take the opportunity to dig into those surprise emotions and see where they stemmed from so that you can work through any residuals and then let all those negative emotions go. Maybe something B-nol heavy. Either way - :Hug_emoticon: surprises like that are NEVER fun and I hope you're feeling better soon :heart708:

• 1 month later...

I had seen in another thread that Balm Bomb is the replacement for Tranquility Potion from Luna and then after seeing NT's post above showing what each of the different blends have in them I'm wondering if B2 might be better to get me to the chilled out and tranquil state I'm looking for....What do you guys think?

LOL Whenever I've used BB it's been kind of a fogging rather than a spritzing, which makes me calm and the hubby super accommodating (Epiandrosterone, Estratetraenol). BB has the people I come in contact with want to be sweet and care for me...perfect when you're feeling "blech". B2 has a more social feel to me but the Androstadienone in it does make me feel more relaxed as far as interacting with other people. I tend to use BB for myself and B2 for when I know I'll be around others but it's a tough choice because I like them both for just slightly different reasons...BB's great on hubby so I choose that over B2 when I'm going to be with him BUT B2 is just right for when I'll be interacting with the rest of the world :)

So really nthe answear is to get both, dang I have to save up a bit more...

:lol: Sorry dol! But at least you won't have to choose now...except maybe which blend to get 1st... :huh: