To DHEAS, or to Topper, that is the Question -

I'm trying to decide which to get in my next order. I've seen discussions of each, but not much comparison info. So, for those wonderful phero experts who have both, can you lend any info on the different effects?

Another question I have is about Topper. I love the idea of both Anol and DHEAS in one blend, but wonder if I would need to be careful when using it with Anol blends??? Thoughts o' wise ones???

Thanks for the help!! :020105~21:

I've been trying to decide between the two for a while now myself.

My biggest problem is that I find I personally don't respond well to a-nol. I've tried Topper in the scent Strange Attractors with good effects, but it's not as strong as UN Topper would be. I'm afraid that the stronger Topper would be too much a-nol for me. I don't think that I've tried just DHEAS yet. I'm even thinking of doing a mad scientist blend which would be basically Topper with less a-nol (maybe 25% a-nol to 75% DHEAS, rather than 50/50).

Sorry, this is probably not very helpful to you, just my thoughts on the subject. But it seems that most people do well with a-nol, I think I'm in the (very small) minority.

Heavy a-nol blends don't usually seem to work for me, and that's at best. I sometimes get headaches, dizziness, and I OD and crash, which I've noticed especially with cougar. And I tend to go pretty light on pheros as a general rule, so it doesn't take much.

Had to add this since you just asked - tonight I took my sample spray of Strange Attractors w/Topper to work with me. At one point I put some on and went a little too heavy - it was headache city and instant bitchiness. I've never OD'ed with Strange Attractors before, but that is definitely what it was, and I knew it almost immediately. I made it a point to just keep my mouth shut, because I KNEW what was going on and why I was in a foul mood!

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I personally lean toward just DHEAS. But again, that's just me because a-nol is not my friend - I wouldn't necessarily advise anyone else for that reason. That's why I think it's good to sample alot, and know what works well for you, before investing in alot of UN pheros. Just my opinion:)

I also was debating between those two on my first order. I went with the DHEAS. I felt like it would be more versatile with the other phero combos and also because I ordered an un-Levitation. I can't compare the two, but I can tell you I love my DHEAS! It gives that little something extra to the un-Levitation. In fact everyone in the house is now on Levitation w/DHEAS and I must say it's great!! Our moods have picked up..we are a lot more happy and have the motivation to get things done. We argue less...Sorry to get off topic...anyway-DHEAS lives up to its word for me!! :D

Ahh OK. Just curious. I can crash from Levitation and DHEAS. Something gives me headaches but not sure which. Will have to pay better attention. Thank you for your input Amalthea.

You're welcome! For some reason, I've never gotten any effects, good or bad, from either Open Windows or Levitation. Maybe I've never worn enough, but I love the scent of Flying Potion so I sometimes go heavy on it and it has Levitation. But I'm pretty sure Levitation has DHEAS (it's just OW with DHEAS added, right?) so maybe that's what's bothering you?

Thank you everyone! Great feedback and VERY helpful!!!

Let us know what you decide!

Completely OT from your original question, but now that I've thought of it, if you haven't tried Flying Potion you should - Mara's just rebrewed it so you could sample it and try out the Levitation. Aside from the phero though, it's a great scent, it's worth it just for the perfume alone!

I also was debating between those two on my first order. I went with the DHEAS. I felt like it would be more versatile with the other phero combos and also because I ordered an un-Levitation. I can't compare the two, but I can tell you I love my DHEAS! It gives that little something extra to the un-Levitation. In fact everyone in the house is now on Levitation w/DHEAS and I must say it's great!! Our moods have picked up..we are a lot more happy and have the motivation to get things done. We argue less...Sorry to get off topic...anyway-DHEAS lives up to its word for me!! :D

"Levitation" is "Open Windows" with DHEAS added. Your getting a good dose of DHEAS by adding more, just FYI so you don't crash.

Edited by StacyK

"Levitation" is "Open Windows" with DHEAS added. Your getting a good dose of DHEAS by adding more, just FYI so you don't crash.

yea, I found that out the hard way! :sleazy: lol I got my DHEAS in a spray so I just do one small squirt on my neck of it. Thanks for letting me know Stacy..any info is appreciated as I am new to all of this... :)

Edited by TheBirkeys

The difference between Topper & straight DHEAS for me, is that the a-nol seems to balance out the DHEAS nicely for me. Otherwise DHEAS on it's own, or too much of it can kick my anxiety into high gear. I've always used humor to deal with my anxiety & resulting panic attacks, so I think the kick of happy that comes from a-nol tempers the DHEAS for me.

The difference between Topper & straight DHEAS for me, is that the a-nol seems to balance out the DHEAS nicely for me. Otherwise DHEAS on it's own, or too much of it can kick my anxiety into high gear. I've always used humor to deal with my anxiety & resulting panic attacks, so I think the kick of happy that comes from a-nol tempers the DHEAS for me.

Helpful to know, Beccah! Do you ever feel like the Topper puts you over the top with a-nol when used with a heavy a-nol blend?

So I am not sure if you decided yet but of course Topper has my vote! It's one of my top pheros...love the self effects the most! I want so many of my summer scents boosted with this in sprays I just can't afford them all!! But I am a great responder to Alpha Nol. I generally wear Topper all on its own but I have worn it with Cuddle Bunny and love it. I have worn it over Pizzazz (Cougar) to over the top results! But when I say "over the top" I don't mean that in a negative way! If I am setting out with Topper on I want to feel over the top!

I wouldn't wear it to work if I worked in a serious situation. I work in a salon so I can get away with it but it might be TOO over the top if you are a criminal investigator or some such thing.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I concur with missdaryncherie, I've had my Topper for a week now, and the results have been really great. I will combine it with all my other phero scents and make diligent notes how the combinations work out. So far, Topper with Cougar: over the top rock star experience. And adoration by the scores...

So I am not sure if you decided yet but of course Topper has my vote! It's one of my top pheros...love the self effects the most! I want so many of my summer scents boosted with this in sprays I just can't afford them all!! But I am a great responder to Alpha Nol. I generally wear Topper all on its own but I have worn it with Cuddle Bunny and love it. I have worn it over Pizzazz (Cougar) to over the top results! But when I say "over the top" I don't mean that in a negative way! If I am setting out with Topper on I want to feel over the top!

I wouldn't wear it to work if I worked in a serious situation. I work in a salon so I can get away with it but it might be TOO over the top if you are a criminal investigator or some such thing.

I just bought it this weekend! And, was wondering how it went with CB. Hadn't thought of Cougar, but I have it too ... soooo, time to play!!

Oh, wearing it alone. Glad you added that. It sounds like it could be amazing alone too. Woohoo. Getting more excited!!!

** And, no, I'm not a criminal investigator, nor do I play one on TV ** LOL

I haven't figured out how to do the multi-post responses yet. May have tried the MultiQuote button at the wrong stage. Hmmm ...

I concur with missdaryncherie, I've had my Topper for a week now, and the results have been really great. I will combine it with all my other phero scents and make diligent notes how the combinations work out. So far, Topper with Cougar: over the top rock star experience. And adoration by the scores...

Some days a girl just wants , no Neeeeeds, to be a Rock Star!!!

Maroon - What other pheros have you worn with Topper?

I just bought it this weekend! And, was wondering how it went with CB. Hadn't thought of Cougar, but I have it too ... soooo, time to play!!

Oh, wearing it alone. Glad you added that. It sounds like it could be amazing alone too. Woohoo. Getting more excited!!!

** And, no, I'm not a criminal investigator, nor do I play one on TV ** LOL

Oh yay! You are going to have fun. I only tried it with Cougar because Beccah said she loved that combo...and she was right! But honestly I do wear it alone most of the time.

Haha. Have no idea why I said criminal investigator. They just seem pretty serious on Law and Order. Not much Topper going on there...probably more like Gotcha! HAR HAR.

• 2 months later...

Great info - I also have anxiety/panic & have been trying to decide between topper and dheas. Any experience with Lumina? I can only get one FB of sep phero and/or cop this month - so trying to decide between OCCO (straight cop), Topper, DHEAS, or Lumina (all straight pheros I think but all w/ difft effects).

It's so interesting. i have panic and anxiety too, yet I *love* DHEAs. I just ordered a-nol and am hoping for good results. It's difficult to say how which one will work on anybody since we all react differently. BTW Beach Goddesss, if you are going to choose an OCCO, given what you have told me, I think you would love the OCCO Pink!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

My situation is extremely different now. I am going through the stress of a divorce, BUT I no longer have to deal with the abuse that I was going through. My testing experiences are going to be completely different in this phase of my life :) I'll have to see how DHEAS does on it's own for me at some point in the future, but for now I'll stick to what I have in stock. Topper is definitely a fresh experience while I'm out socializing as a single, I'll give you that.

My situation is extremely different now. I am going through the stress of a divorce, BUT I no longer have to deal with the abuse that I was going through. My testing experiences are going to be completely different in this phase of my life :) I'll have to see how DHEAS does on it's own for me at some point in the future, but for now I'll stick to what I have in stock. Topper is definitely a fresh experience while I'm out socializing as a single, I'll give you that.

Interesting, I'm the opposite, while I do suffer from occasional bouts of more intense anxiety, it was worse when I was married! I remember waking up regularly at about 4:30 AM feeling like a 300lb weight was sitting on my chest. I didn't really know what was wrong at first.

Later the anxiety came and went as I meandered through divorce. But that physical manifestation of the "weight" was gone.

I find DHEAS less intense and happier than Topper. I do like Topper at times but to much A'nol can produce a level up in anxiety. My fav single molecules are DHEAS & EST. I do use them in moderation, just one big spritz of either does it enough for me. Both bottles have lasted almost a year now and I'm not halfway through either. My Topper is a bit lower but I can only use it with a few social blends. On me, It doesn't get on well with the sexier blends like BI or Sexpinoage.

Isn't chemistry fascinating?

Lol, Stacy, that's what I was saying. I don't have the abuser present in my home to stress me out like that anymore ;) There is still stress, but it's external rather than something I can't escape from, anymore. Now my home is a sanctuary :bday1029:

Personally, I wouldn't add Topper to Sexpionage or BI, either. I might try it with cops to see if it will be like LAM on steroids, though....

Edited by Beccah

Yea I tried it once with Sexpinoage and wow! not good. I felt weird, that's the best description I can make. I felt removed from everything around me. Later I actually felt sick. oh well, live and learn.

Yea, It was weird. Even at the worst points in divorce, no matter how scary or uncertain the future felt... I thought about how awful I felt in those last couple of years, and for me, no comparison. I have no idea how I lived in that condition for so long.

..and then I found LP :D How lucky was that?!!!

Great info Maroon! I could go for feeling like an (over the top!) rock star and adoration by the scores - bring it! Adding it to GUS list or DHEAS, still so torn. I have Cougar in trial but haven't been able to test properly at all. This weekend it's on my list for a solo test - ok, maybe with LP Pink just for extra 'flavor' - we'll see. Hee! :say09752:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, guess I am post-arama woman on this thread as I was so excited @ it. I'd edit above post but thought this could need a bump w pheromas coming around. And thread won't bump when you edit I think. So...

If you can get both, get both. They are difft. Love them. For selfies both are uplifting. Around others (limited testing) def friendly responses, no rock star responses but just started test driving. And haven't tried some of the combos in the Topper thread (heehee, WILL try though). Just started test driving both of these in past couple of weeks. I think Topper is a stronger mood booster and while DHEAS is a lighter one, a tad bit more 'sparkly'. Both are freakin' awesome.

For practical purposes, if you want to take break from ANOL then DHEAS can be go-to. Or if you have other blends that have ANOL, then you can have DHEAS. But if you're using another type of phero (congruent with ANOL) or non-scented phero, you can 'top' with 'TOPPER' for extra boosters.

With pheromas soooo close, I'd def recommend trying both. I have FB of DHEAS (finally) and decant ot Topper - totally love both, want to always have both.

ETA: I just re-read this post and started laughing. I think I had just sprayed 5x with Topper. I should read and edits prior to saving my posts, but leaving as is for a laugh. Post is hyper but I wasn't feeling hyper, just feeling GOOD.

Edited by Beach Goddess

Excited about pheromas coming! I've been out of pocket for a few months, but made sure to check back so I can get in on the pheroma sale!

Will definitely include DHEAS. Looking forward to test driving some sparkly!

I've worn Topper with Rocket Fuel, and the Rock Star vibe gets an interesting twist, in the way of very intense reactions from the guys. It's all fun and laughter and bantering, and at some moment there comes this look, this point where men will gaze into your eyes a bit too long, and that stare says something like: gee, I wonder if you're this much fun between the sheets, too, honey...

So, use with care. It's fun if you can handle it, but you have to know what you're doing.

I've worn Topper with Rocket Fuel, and the Rock Star vibe gets an interesting twist, in the way of very intense reactions from the guys. It's all fun and laughter and bantering, and at some moment there comes this look, this point where men will gaze into your eyes a bit too long, and that stare says something like: gee, I wonder if you're this much fun between the sheets, too, honey...

So, use with care. It's fun if you can handle it, but you have to know what you're doing.

Good to know! Btw, I see the Nov NR's, but thought I remembered seeing something about UN's going on sale in the month of Nov also. Do you know if that's on for this year? I've been away, so may have missed mention of it.

Guest cutie.pie

Good to know! Btw, I see the Nov NR's, but thought I remembered seeing something about UN's going on sale in the month of Nov also. Do you know if that's on for this year? I've been away, so may have missed mention of it.

Copied from the NR thread:

We are going to run the pheros in sampler size through December. :)

:)

• 2 years later...

If you were going abroad on vacation, with mom and sis, ( both passive and introverted ) would you choose to take topper of DHEAS and why? I haven't spent enough time with either to feel conclusive about which I prefer. DHEAS makes me positively giddy though so far. I'm probably taking LFM, lumina, H&S or TH and ? Nothing with cops. I can be pretty social when I'm comfortable or when engaged by another but have a difficult time initiating. I'm borderline but lean heavy to introvert when in unfamiliar terrain, I'd like to help keep things open to social experiences outside of just the 3 of us.

I was too scared to take my big bottles with me - I wish I would have had your little sprays back then!! I mostly took samples that had pheros in them, and I didn't have any with Topper or DHEAS. I relied on stuff with OW and Levitation for social. I didn't take much with EST, because I went with my b/f, who reacts better to a more dominant phero signature.

Good luck, though!! You're going to have so much fun!!