A Treasure of Copper

luna65

AD-ATO-Copper-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Copper

Perhaps the oldest metal in recorded history, copper is known for its balancing properties of male and female energies, embodying such qualities as love and artistic creativity. Our interpretation of this element, associated with the planet Venus, is a symbolic combination of resilient strength which is also highly malleable. The femininity of golden fleshy fruits: peach, mango, papaya, apricot and pear; with a firm woody core of oak, cedar, redwood and teak. As a finishing touch our potion glows with cosmetic grade swirling copper mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.
TEAK ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.
It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Treasure of...Copper

The concept for this one is interestingly and perfectly rendered, I think, because there is an inherent duality to the olfactory experience.

It starts out with the beautiful luscious mix of fruit, incredibly voluptuous, I love it. And slowly but surely the wood aspect emerges, and as I smelled it I thought, "This is definitely a masculine mix." It's like they twine together and yet are seperate. And then the two aspects merge in the final drydown into an other, in a way, but still unique threads.

There's something very compelling to me about it, just to smell it, although I'm still not sure about wearing it. But there's virtue enough in fragrance as a creative exercise as much as a utilitarian one.

This wasn't on my list of "must try" scents, but I ended up getting the sampler, and I'm so freaking glad i did. I think this is my favorite of the month. In the bottle and on my skin, I get lots of peach. After it mellows, the fruits meld seamlessly into a gorgeous, tropical scent. In the background, I'm getting a hint of something floral, even though there isn't anything. Maybe one of the woods..? And the cedar is to die for! I've been wearing this for a couple hours now, and the scent hasn't morphed. It's got a heck of a throw too.

To me, the overall feel of this is like sitting in some beautiful tropical location in a tiki hut. It would make a great summer scent, but I would likely wear it whenever the heck I want. I must have this!

Edited by BlueBear

I was hoping this would be more woodsy smelling but it is really sweet and fruity. I don't really get the woods at all. It's like syrupy orange fruits and super sweet. It still smells pretty good, just different from what I expected. It looks really pretty on my skin, all bronzed and sparkly.

I love this.

Relaxing, warm and sexy is how I would describe it.

I have many LP fruity scents but nothing like this. It is peachy and tropical without the coconut that accompanies a lot of tropical type scents.

Instead it has these gorgeous woods that come out more and more throughout the day and make it so damn sexy.

Unlike most of my other "bright" fruit scents, to me this seems more of an evening tropical. Something you want to smell like at sundown after napping on a remote island all afternoon.

It lasted all day and kept getting better and better...FULL BOTTLE FOR ME.

For me too, it's all peach, not much woods. It reminds me of 'Empress of Persica' or 'Lovers in the Clovers', a heavy peach-scent. But I like fruity scents. I wore it today and it lasted quite long on the skin. But still I think I won't wear it every day.

This is wet juicy ripe peach on me. I get no woods at all, just a big sweet peach. Peach salad. I like that the woods don't come out as much and I noticed that this one faded pretty fast. I don't know if I like peach or not. I think I might, this is very sweet and it satisfies something.. maybe thirst? It's thirst quenching.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.

MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.

PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.

PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.

TEAK ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

Earlier in the year when I got this set, I was drooling for this one because copper is one of my favorite metals. I know. I'm weird that way. Anyhoo, back then it was too fruity for me so I tucked it away for about half a year. Got it back out and wore it today and TA DA! It has morphed. Or maybe *I* have morphed. Whichever it is, the change is GOOD.

In the vial, I get a peachy yummy perfumy thang. When it hits my skin, the peach is warmer and more...comfortable. The other fruits come out, cushioning the peach and making her go tropical. I think I'm picking out the mango a bit, too. As drydown progresses, the fruits go all blended. Right about here I start getting the woods. I love all four of them, and they kind of blend together and sit under the fruit. It's like this: A few pieces and a puddle of mingled juices left from a nice plate of sliced fruit...sitting on a hand-carved wooden tray...on a lovely rustic wooden table...on a warm afternoon-sliding-into-evening...and a candle is lit on the table. Edging into extreme drydown, I get more of a balance between the fruits and woods. Yummmm!

:greensmilies-024: It has a bit of a bath and body vibe for me, and I mean this as a compliment!!! :) I keep thinking of lotion, hair/body spray, scented soap, body oil...All this and more, Howie! ;) ~Old Zappa fan here.~

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 5 months later...

I got this as a sniffie, and I was so excited seeing the beautiful color, and sniffing it from the bottle it was really nice! However, I tested it on my skin this morning and it went all pee on me :( So sad, but I have PLENTY other fruity scents that work.

• 1 year later...

This one is a big gorgeous peach (more than any of the other fruit notes) over subtler wood notes (full disclosure: no way can I distinguish between them to say which comes out the strongest!). That makes it a mixed bag for me, as I lovelovelove peach, but I find the wood undertone sort of dull. If you like both, you'll probably be very pleased with A Treasure of Copper. Personally, I do lean toward liking it, as the peach note is by far the most obvious. You can tell something else is there, but you might not know what without reading the description.

Try this if you enjoy BPAL's Diable en Boite-- they share the peach and redwood, and I think it gives a similar vibe. Not middle-of-the-road unisex, but as Luna said, it has an interesting duality.

• 6 months later...

I knew it! I had forgotten the ingredients but I knew it had peach in it because, as always, it immediately turned plasticky on my skin. Luckily, the other ingredients saved the day. This was a fairly nice scent on me after the plasticky-ness went away. Not a huge standout, but nice. I wish the fruitiness would stick around for longer, but it does get more interesting and more complex on dry down. I'm not sure why--I assume it's the woods, but I don't know enough about those notes to pick them out. It had fairly decent staying power, too.

• 1 year later...

I've had a FB of this for about 2 years. I think I wore it twice but there was something about it that I don't think I liked. I'm not even sure what that was but I remember being slightly disappointed because I love copper.

So, not too long ago I decided to turn this into a sugar scrub. No joke, this was one of the best smelling sugar scrubs I've ever had! This will probably sound weird but it reminds me of late summer/early fall. Maybe it's the combo of the trees and very ripe fruit. I love this scent. It's cozy to me. I honestly cannot pick out an individual fruit at this point. It's blended so well. I get trees but it's not overly masculine. It's truly that late summer feel, when the trees are starting to turn but it's still warm. You can sense fall is on its way though and nights are getting colder. There are still the late blooms, and bees, and honey, and ripe fruit scents in the air. That is what I get from this.

I don't have a lot of it left but I'm going to wear it as a perfume now. Maybe it just needed to age more for me or my tastes have changed. Probably a little of both!

Edited by tink333

Maybe it just needed to age more for me or my tastes have changed. Probably a little of both!

That's usually how it goes for me. Something I might not like as much when freshly-brewed will gain depth and nuance for me over time. And that's usually with years of aging, not just months.

That's usually how it goes for me. Something I might not like as much when freshly-brewed will gain depth and nuance for me over time. And that's usually with years of aging, not just months.

And this is my lesson learned here. I need to be much more patient with my LPs! This seems like a great journal topic. Tink's LPMP Lessons Learned. I like it. ?