Punxsutawney Immortality Elixir w/ Stone Cougar

AD-PunxIE_1.jpg

BANYAN FRUIT ~ A type of Fig, which shares many of the same qualities and also a few of it's own due to it's unique nature. Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality. Treat Banyan Trees with respect to avoid the wrath of the tree spirits that dwell within.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

Gorgeous, fresh & earthy. Surprisingly greener on my skin than I had expected. On me this is in the "style" of Terra Mater and those other fab elemental LP scents. Banyan always plays out earthy on me so that really combines with the light Earth note to ground this into that category. It's not as earth heavy as "Bat". The apple brings a fresh/crispness and the grapefruit lifts this up and gives it a kick of brightness. The balsam and teakwood give me that fresh green outside feel.

I don't get a lot of vetiver. it's very much in the background. To me, it acts as an anchor, adding just a very faint perfumed touch.

Very Au natural, youthfully outdoor scent.

Did not expect this type of scent.

So excited! This is the first Cougar scent (other than Cougar) that I can wear.

I LOVE THIS!!! FBs please. :)

Edited by StacyK

From a distance, out of the vial, first off, I got a hint of apple but then the earth jumps out. I'm not particularly fond of that note as I seem to amp it. (When you amp something does that mean your chemistry really likes it or is trying to reject it? It happens with cinnamon and some honeys too...) But testing needs to continue, because just because it smell one way in the vial...

There's something pointy going on, not stabby. It's happened with fig before so maybe it's that? I never read the maple in this one either - GADS - I hope I'm not going scent blind to it! It's one of my favoritest notes EVER! But I didn't register it in Bawdy Babe either, curious...

I only noticed the apple while it was wet and I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with my sniffer as I didn't really notice the grapefruit either???

As a fragrance over all, without picking up individual notes - this is like nothing I've ever smelled before. It is almost unisex to my nose. Maybe I'm associating the earth and wood to "masculine"? It actually "feels" very grounded (again, the association with earth?) and feels more to me like a Teddy BB or B2.2 fragrance. Cougar is an interesting pairing. I don't know ladies - I'm curious to see more reviews...I see you love it Miss StacyK ^_^

I will let this sit a while and re-visit.

I don't get a "maple" scent here either. I think, maybe it's just there to add a little sweetness, it's very well blended in any case. The apple is not very loud either, a note I can amp uncomfortably sometime. I like how it just adds a fresh crispness.

I agree the phero/scent is unique, well not really, if you look at intent, but yea I could see OW with this. I'm glad for the Cougar though. I'm loving this one.

I'm not sure how this can be so lush, fresh and juicy, but so earthy too. I'm getting very crisp banyan, an apple so realistic- you can almost hear the crunch, and very juicy grapefruit. But the earth! It's there and it's strong. Like freshly tilled soil, still damp from morning dew. It's not a very sweet scent- just lush and green and succulent. The nature girls will love this scent. I like it, not a FB- but I'll enjoy my sample.

(Testing from a swipe on a tissue- not wearing pheros on my skin since I'm pregnant)

(When you amp something does that mean your chemistry really likes it or is trying to reject it? It happens with cinnamon and some honeys too...)

Although I know we all tend to anthropomorphize the workings of pH, I'd say it's the reaction of a note/accord with your skin's chemistry without emotional agenda. ;)

And for me personally I think that it might not even be my skin actually amping it as much as it just seeming really pronounced to me because I don't like it. If I smell what I perceive to be a bad smell then that is all I can smell.

Although I know we all tend to anthropomorphize the workings of pH, I'd say it's the reaction of a note/accord with your skin's chemistry without emotional agenda. ;)

:lol: Then it just is that it is :D

I just can't get beyong the earthiness - really earthy. I'm going to put on a goodly amount tonight, see if it just needs a proper slather to bloom... :heart:

I've been pondering the whole amping thing a lot lately, and I think Halo is spot on here, because anytime a note seems to "amp" on me, it's something I find decidedly unpleasant. And of course it therefore takes over the whole scent.

Ok I have decided not to do any OFFICIAL reviews tonight since I ripped open my package and threw everything on and everything of course smells super weird right now. Travel shock...a mish mash of scents....and I'm not feeling so well.

BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS ONE SMELLS AWESOME OUT OF ALL OF THIS MESS. Oh EARTH I love the earth. And the Banyan fruit. That's what I am getting mostly (I think).

I think it's...brighter than Bat?? No maple or apple here but then again...this really calls for another full and proper testing.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL REVIEW.

just a quick squee.

Ok I have decided not to do any OFFICIAL reviews tonight since I ripped open my package and threw everything on and everything of course smells super weird right now. Travel shock...a mish mash of scents....and I'm not feeling so well.

LOL! Sadly it is often difficult to play with all your toys at the same time. :Polar-pressie:

To me this one smells in between Totem Bat and Coquette. I get green grass and earth, but also some fruit and maybe a touch of a floral scent in the background. Coquette was way too grassy on my skin, but this might work quite well. I will have to retest in a week when the travel shock and my monthly guest have passed.

Slathered this for full effect and while the earth eventually settles it stayed too much in the forefront for me to enjoy :( How odd. I would think I would enjoy earthy scents more? Well, maybe it's not that I DON'T enjoy them so much as I'd rather smell them than smell like them? It may well be like Halo shared, I notice it most because it's disagreeable to me :( Poor little earth note...I love you in my garden :heart:

I am a cupcake loving, sugar slathering, make-me-smell-like-a-Viennese-bakery foodie, and this one made me run to my computer to check the notes. It is just beautiful. Fresh, slightly fruity, slightly earthy (very slightly on me). I love it. I own nothing like it, and I may have to go for a bottle. I am shocked by how much I love this.

Guest cutie.pie

Slathered this for full effect and while the earth eventually settles it stayed too much in the forefront for me to enjoy :( How odd. I would think I would enjoy earthy scents more? Well, maybe it's not that I DON'T enjoy them so much as I'd rather smell them than smell like them? It may well be like Halo shared, I notice it most because it's disagreeable to me :( Poor little earth note...I love you in my garden :heart:

I love the label, Cougar, grapefruit...but earth, no :( It smell so weird and not nice on my skin...so I was waiting for reviews to see should I give it a try anyway, but after your review, it's a no, no.

I love the label, Cougar, grapefruit...but earth, no :( It smell so weird and not nice on my skin...so I was waiting for reviews to see should I give it a try anyway, but after your review, it's a no, no.

Yeah, the earth note leaves people pretty divided.

Edited by donsie

Totem: Bat, another scent that was very earth forward on me, didn't work for me either :(

WHERE is miss Blackcat? I'm thinking she will love this :D

I don't dislike it patently, I don't think, but just found it too forward in Bat. I thought I smelled like a cellar. It kind of sounds like it will be more restrained or balanced in this one.

Can any of you comment? Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Edited by donsie

Guest cutie.pie

I got Totem: Bat because I wanted to try LFN, but the earth was just too strong and it smelled like mold on my skin :( I tried one more scent that had earth (can't remember which one) and again, all I could smell was earth, earth & earth so I'm afraid to even try this one...

Edited by cutie.pie

I don't dislike it patently, I don't think, but just found it too forward in Bat. I thought I smelled like a cellar. I kind of sounds like it will be more restrained or balanced in this one.

Can any of you comment? Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

I find the ONLY similarity to be the earth, specifically, and what I now understand is possibly the banyan fruit.

They evoke different memories and images. There is something crisp and light about this one, while Bat does make me think of cellars, unfinished basements or caverns.

I got Totem: Bat because I wanted to try LFN, but the earth was just too strong and it smelled like mold on my skin :( I tried one more scent that had earth (can't remember which one) and again, all I could smell was earth, earth & earth so I'm afraid to even try this one...

I LOVED Summer Belle, which was melons, grass and earth. But I eventually rehomed it because the earth just wanted to have too much of center stage, even after dry down.

For me, it really is the earth note that just doesn't want to behave with me.

I will always sample though! With Mara, you just never know what will become a love and surprise you!

Bat is way heavier than this one. I do like them both but earth is one of my favorite notes.

In a side by side comparison Bat completely takes over and I can hardly smell the Punx. But Punx is way more fruity to me and now I am getting a foody aspect lingering in the background which must be the maple. Bat eventually always gets too perfumey, which is why I didn't get a FB but Punx stays light and happy.

The earth note never fades away on Bat either. It is still really really strong, whereas in Punx I feel the fruit is center stage and the earth is more translucent.

In other words... You'll have to get a sample to know if the earth note is too much for you. LOL!!

After trying these two together though Bat is just way too friggin strong. I really wanted a bottle for awhile but I'm glad I waited.

Punx is more for me....

I find the ONLY similarity to be the earth, specifically, and what I now understand is possibly the banyan fruit.

They evoke different memories and images. There is something crisp and light about this one, while Bat does make me think of cellars, unfinished basements or caverns.

I LOVED Summer Belle, which was melons, grass and earth. But I eventually rehomed it because the earth just wanted to have too much of center stage, even after dry down.

For me, it really is the earth note that just doesn't want to behave with me.

I will always sample though! With Mara, you just never know what will become a love and surprise you!

Oh, I forgot there even was any earth in Summer Belle; I can wear it without any difficulty. Maybe this one will be fine.

This is earthier than Summer Belle. But, less so than Bat IMO. It does have that fresh outside scent. Like walking in your garden after the flower beds have been turned over. The earth scent is there in the air unmistakably.

I'd say it's firmly in tbe middle but how much you like the earth note would be your call. I don't find it heavy but that's me.

If I were to pick a LP with a noteable earthy note and say that the weight of the note is similar I'd probably choose Haunted Hallows but you may not know that one. It's definitely worth a trial at the least. I love having this type if scent with Cougar. YAY!!

This is earthier than Summer Belle. But, less so than Bat IMO. It does have that fresh outside scent. Like walking in your garden after the flower beds have been turned over. The earth scent is there in the air unmistakably.

I'd say it's firmly in tbe middle but how much you like the earth note would be your call. I don't find it heavy but that's me.

If I were to pick a LP with a noteable earthy note and say that the weight of the note is similar I'd probably choose Haunted Hallows but you may not know that one. It's definitely worth a trial at the least. I love having this type if scent with Cougar. YAY!!

I really do want to give it a try. I hope this one sticks around until I next make an order so I can snag a trial.

Totem: Bat, another scent that was very earth forward on me, didn't work for me either :(

WHERE is miss Blackcat? I'm thinking she will love this :D

Aw, NuTrix, it's so nice to be known here!

I was very curious when I saw the notes on this one, as I was a huge fan of Totem Bat. The first time I tried this I thought them so similar that I decided I could skip this one. Today, though, I am getting a different experience. As I think others have described, this feels like a much sunnier, open air scent. Bat to me was dark forest with an ancient cemetery with crumbling headstones. This is much more fresh air, newly mowed grass and well-tended vegetable garden, with laundry hanging on the line to dry. I am actually put much more in mind of Summer Belle with it today, and I adored that one.

I don't get the earth as nearly prominent in this one as in either of those. On me, it's more of a texture here and less of a scent. The greens are more predominant. Oh, and I just went back and looked at the notes and there really aren't greens, except for maybe vetiver! The woods are leafy, then. The fruit is ripe. I might need a FB after all!

There you are! I was curious what you would think of it :) I don't find it as, hmm, dark(?) as Totem Bat but I was only guessing you might like it very much :D

It's interesting how others are calling out ripe fruit because that's what I was pinning the green feeling to - as in fruit that wasn't quite ripe yet. I think it's my unfamiliarity with the banyan note.

Aw, NuTrix, it's so nice to be known here!

I was very curious when I saw the notes on this one, as I was a huge fan of Totem Bat. The first time I tried this I thought them so similar that I decided I could skip this one. Today, though, I am getting a different experience. As I think others have described, this feels like a much sunnier, open air scent. Bat to me was dark forest with an ancient cemetery with crumbling headstones. This is much more fresh air, newly mowed grass and well-tended vegetable garden, with laundry hanging on the line to dry. I am actually put much more in mind of Summer Belle with it today, and I adored that one.

I don't get the earth as nearly prominent in this one as in either of those. On me, it's more of a texture here and less of a scent. The greens are more predominant. Oh, and I just went back and looked at the notes and there really aren't greens, except for maybe vetiver! The woods are leafy, then. The fruit is ripe. I might need a FB after all!

Ah chemistry :)

That's funny. To me the fruit is green, but I always get this earthy green feel with this fruit.

I get a lot of overall green. Not crayon green or even bright spring green. More like the slightly watery green of the early spring here in the NE. Green'ish, ready to renew with the fertile earth with that dash of distant brightness on the horizon.

I agree it's not nearly as heavy and dark as Bat. But, if someone sort of liked Bat but wished it were a little brighter and lighter in feel I'd recomend this.

It's hard for me to describe the scent of this fruit. I know when someone says "green" particularly in relation to fruit I think more along the lines of something tart, unripe, like that green peach note. But that's not what I mean in relation to this fruit. So I say earthy, that being as close as I can get verbally. I need a thesaurus for this one, maybe :lol:

ok. "Resourcefullness" I get it, wow!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banyan

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

I had to take a detour on my alphabetical order trials of non-phero'd samples, to wear this one for Groundhog Day. Wow! I love it. It was a bit of a surprise love for me!

First off, I didn't get any earth whatsoever really. I'm surprised that that's a note. But I guess it makes sense, because what I did get was fruit and woods--you know, the woods when the snow starts to melt and spring starts to feel like a real possibility rather than a distant dream? When the world starts to seem new again but the leaves are not yet on the trees...but maybe just thinking about budding. I would have sworn there were acorns or pinecones in this. I wonder what I'm picking up? Vetiver, maybe? Or maybe the banyan...I don't know those notes.

It's a very fresh, clean, fruity, fresh-start scent. It smells like the outdoors in the best possible way.

I just did a refresher mini-swipe and now I can detect a bit of earth, but it's way in the background. If it makes anyone feel any better, the Sugared Earth turns HORRIBLE on me, but this does not. This stayed lovely all day. It's pretty complex, too--there were times throughout the day where I thought I caught a whiff of something that reminded me of Coquette (which I love). I assume it must be the banyan/fig. Other times I thought I smelled fruit--maybe apples, but since my nose thinks any fruit scent is apples (well, except peach)--it is interesting to me that this actually DOES have apple as a note! Also I caught a whiff of the sharp bite of grapefruit at one point.

Oh, this is a delight. I love the uniqueness of it. It lasts a long time, too. It lasted all day on me. It requires further testing, but I might need a full bottle. And then I will have to decide whether I should get it in spray or roll-on. I agree with whoever said that a spray might be best for this one. So many beautiful scents, so little time...

ETA: This scent puts the following lyrics into my head: "You make me feel shiny and new." Which is from Like a Virgin by Madonna, apparently. I just looked it up. I don't know what to say about that! LOL!

Edited by Lainey

• 2 weeks later...

This made me laugh:)

I guess it's also possible to personally just smell some notes more also, like how you can be anosmic to some smells, so in those cases the other notes must really jump out more to that individual.

Yay, finally a scent with Cougar that works for me!

It starts out a little too green perhaps, which made me wary; rather sharp and floral.

But fortunately, after only a few minutes, the earth note comes out to play and it nicely grounds the whole scent; the green aspect mellows out a little bit and I'm left with something that is lovely and fresh and invigorating.

Kind of sparkly,very clean smelling; still green, but not as sharp anymore.

If I want to sweeten it up a tad, I sometimes add a small touch of Aja, which makes it slightly more exotic somehow.

Haven't really noticed any phero effects yet (and never did before in any of the other Cougar stuff I've tried); perhaps I'm not congruent with the phero?

Which would be ironic, because I do tend to go for younger men...

Anyway, this scent works well enough to my skin to wear regardless of pheros.

Edited by ssupytalp