Popularity Potion

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just throws up a wall of don't fuck with me and that's all I need. I just want to be able to do my job

EXACTLY why I won't be without a bottle (or two) in my arsenal......

• 1 month later...

OK, this one apparently makes me popular with little girls. I was wearing it at a Christmas party last night, and all the adults (the big meanies!) filled up the big table really quickly, which left me no choice but to sit with the kids. Not a problem at all but I had an interesting exchange with the little girls.

Little Girl: I like your hair. (it's mid-back)

Me: Well, thank you.

LG: I like your sweater (a red one from American Eagle; nothing fancy about it at all)

Me: Thank you.

LG: I like your shirt. (under the red sweater; black with silver stars printed all over it; of course here I had to pull up my sweater to show off the stars)

LG: I like your eyes. (blue)

Me: Thank you!

And I got a few hugs before it was over with too. I guess if I'm going to be popular, it might as well be with adorable little girls. :lolipop:

OK, this one apparently makes me popular with little girls. I was wearing it at a Christmas party last night, and all the adults (the big meanies!) filled up the big table really quickly, which left me no choice but to sit with the kids. Not a problem at all but I had an interesting exchange with the little girls.

Little Girl: I like your hair. (it's mid-back)

Me: Well, thank you.

LG: I like your sweater (a red one from American Eagle; nothing fancy about it at all)

LG: I like your shirt. (under the red sweater; black with silver stars printed all over it; of course here I had to pull up my sweater to show off the stars)

LG: I like your eyes. (blue)

Me: Thank you!

And I got a few hugs before it was over with too. I guess if I'm going to be popular, it might as well be with adorable little girls. :lolipop:

AAWWWW! Thats so sweet. :angel:

The hubby and I went to a surprise birthday party over the weekend. I figured this was a prime opportunity to slather myself with Wildflower. I also wore some Blatant Invitation, Me, Jane, Treasured Hearts and scented Cougar. The Wildflower was the dominate in this party mix.

OMG! Let's just say I was a big hit. My hubby of course knew I was wearing pheromones so he was just hanging on for the ride and enjoying every minute of it I might say. I was the life of the party. It seemed that everyone wanted to come and talk to me. It was a mixed group so old and young alike were vieing for my attention. There was this 18 year old boy who kept wanting to sing Karaoke songs with me. (I just know it was the Cougar) The hubby is still teasing me about this. He had to stay by my side because everytime he looked around there was some guy trying to talk to me. It was so much fun. The party was catered and the attendents were really attentive to me. I was a Super Star in the eyes and I felt like one too.

• 3 months later...

I am IN LOVE with Popularity Potion. It has quickly become one of my favorite mixes! It has a great uplifting effect on me, I feel like I could do anything, feel positive, motivated, confident but not in a cocky way.

It makes me want to talk to everyone, strangers included -well, it's my nature anyway, but I guess it enhances that part of my personality-.

It reminds me of Instant Shine, but IS had a crashing effect and didn't work for me socially.

When I wear PP, I feel like I get more attention, and a TON of compliments.

It is a great mix for parties, and work environement as well because it gives me the 'yes we can' spirit!

I went to a doctor's appointment wearing PP a few days ago. I knew him as a minor friend. He's like this hot guy in his 40s who's a super star in his field. He kept hinting at me that I should send him an email to talk about this and that, I could tell he took a little extra time with me in the office, told me about his vacations etc.

In the waiting room, I chatted with everyone, and men and women seemed super friendly to me. There was this good looking guy who starting asking me a ton of questions about me, where I was from, what I doing in life. It was funny because he had this big smile on his face the whole time - you know the "I like you" stupid smile- and wouldn't stop staring at me, even when we weren't talking.

AFter the apointment, the secretaries took care of me for the payment. OMG, it was compliments fest, I love your hair, your accent, you're really funny, you're very nice etc etc.

AFter a couple minutes, the secretary asks me if I have a BF, because "I HAVE to go out with Dr -- ", she wouldn't drop it, kept asking for more infos, it was really funny. The whole freaking time, I felt like there was a big spotlight on top of my head, and it felt pretty good lol!

It's funny because it doens't look like PP is a forum favorite. I totally want to get more bottles though! This stuff is fantastic. What's great too is that even alone, it has a nice powdery scent. Oh, and it's great mixed with Me, Jane as well.

I am IN LOVE with Popularity Potion. It has quickly become one of my favorite mixes! It has a great uplifting effect on me, I feel like I could do anything, feel positive, motivated, confident but not in a cocky way.

It makes me want to talk to everyone, strangers included -well, it's my nature anyway, but I guess it enhances that part of my personality-.

It reminds me of Instant Shine, but IS had a crashing effect and didn't work for me socially.

When I wear PP, I feel like I get more attention, and a TON of compliments.

It is a great mix for parties, and work environement as well because it gives me the 'yes we can' spirit!

I went to a doctor's appointment wearing PP a few days ago. I knew him as a minor friend. He's like this hot guy in his 40s who's a super star in his field. He kept hinting at me that I should send him an email to talk about this and that, I could tell he took a little extra time with me in the office, told me about his vacations etc.

In the waiting room, I chatted with everyone, and men and women seemed super friendly to me. There was this good looking guy who starting asking me a ton of questions about me, where I was from, what I doing in life. It was funny because he had this big smile on his face the whole time - you know the "I like you" stupid smile- and wouldn't stop staring at me, even when we weren't talking.

AFter the apointment, the secretaries took care of me for the payment. OMG, it was compliments fest, I love your hair, your accent, you're really funny, you're very nice etc etc.

AFter a couple minutes, the secretary asks me if I have a BF, because "I HAVE to go out with Dr -- ", she wouldn't drop it, kept asking for more infos, it was really funny. The whole freaking time, I felt like there was a big spotlight on top of my head, and it felt pretty good lol!

It's funny because it doens't look like PP is a forum favorite. I totally want to get more bottles though! This stuff is fantastic. What's great too is that even alone, it has a nice powdery scent. Oh, and it's great mixed with Me, Jane as well.

Great report! If you like it, you'd better stock up, because that is one of the ones from Pharmacom, and when it sells out, it's gone.....

I know!! I am on a budget though, and I just bought a bottle of EST, Treasured Hearts & Super Sexy already this month.

Is there any plan to rebrew PP when there's no more?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mix!!!!

I understand that Dr Stone is stocking Mara with some new "popularity-type" social mixes, but Pharmacom, who produced the original PP for us no longer exists.

I wanted to share my my pp moment... Went out to the local restaurant/bar on my block, very little makeup, sweats, hair in bun, met up with my buddy.. wearing popularity potion... ALL EYES WERE ON ME! It was strange because I was not seeking THAT kind of attention.

One super hot guy at the bar told me and I quote "you seem like a famous actress, there is something undeniably intoxicating about you" he then got up and left..

Service was impeccable.. hard as I tried not to be a part of everyones convo I just was... it was as if I was born to be there!

I have to say I was looking at the ingredients last nite when I got home and I noticed it they are similiar to SSFW and I think it is far sexier/more flirty than many other products I have tried in the past..

Tonight Im trying BI sample I got... and later this week Sorceress... will have a better handle of how each product works individually.

Mademoiselle...I agree with you completely. Its like everyone feels HIGH around me (LOL), men cant stop grinning either... Sex appeal, friends, and confidence rolled up into a BIG ball of competent/intelligent non-threatening giddyness!! This formula IS as good as it gets.

I must be doing something wrong here....wow! You ladies must be working it or something..I tried a small sample of this yesterday but no luck...placed a bit on my wrists and stuff and a bit on the nape of neck..but not even the hubby noticed....

guess will have to give this another shot today....

I love hearing all the stories you ladies tell!!

This is one perfume blend that works best for me, on my body applied in a liberal/hearty fashion (unlike cops or the heavily sexed up mixes) you need to get this out into atmosphere.

I dose my hair ends, the back of my hands, shoulder region (anywhere that people are exposed to) in long/large sweeping strokes...

and I swipe under my nose for self-effects (lighter)...

PP on its own washes off pretty easily and I dont have to worry about OD or crashing.

This is one product I have found when I apply heavy handed with it brings nothing but more smiles and good times.http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/dancingfruits0nm.gif

I must be doing something wrong here....wow! You ladies must be working it or something..I tried a small sample of this yesterday but no luck...placed a bit on my wrists and stuff and a bit on the nape of neck..but not even the hubby noticed....

guess will have to give this another shot today....

I love hearing all the stories you ladies tell!!

Awww Jnumbers...I don't necessarily think you are doing anything wrong...maybe it just wasn't in a good place for exposure or maybe you could have used a lil more...but honestly I think pheros work a lil better when we set it and forget it, so to speak...like once you got 'em on, don't look for the results because most times we will miss them when we do...be yourself, be natural and try not to even remember you are wearing...and then instead of taking inventory on all that happens from that moment, just remember when something different happens, or out of the ordinary and assess it later, based on the pheros attributes...

also, when you wore popularity did you play the part as well...did you give off that " I am superstar, you must get my autograph" vibe? it is important too as the pheros only do part of the work...some of it is actually us if that makes sense

like would you use let's say popularity potion or instant openess and then sit in the back of the room of a crowd not speaking to any one?

hope this makes a lil sense...it's early in the AM here and I am half asleep at this computer...lol

hope it helped some...and it may or may not be the phero for you...but give it another try, see if you get different results...and if you decide to give up that sample, keep me in mind...in fact if any of you ladies have some PP that you don't mind parting with...let me know please

have a blessed day babe

djac

Edited by djacquelynstew

J5382001 - or "Jnumbers" as mentioned above -lol-

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I can't get sexual mixes to work on my BF, but I can get great results from PP. Go figure.

Some mixes probably agree with your body chemistry and persona more than others I suppose.

PP is more of a social mix IMO, wear it for when you're going to a party, or for a drink, you know.

I wear it sometimes at home when I'm working, and because it has great self effects on me, I feel like I losen up a bit and work better actually. It makes me feel like I can do so many things, nothing's impossible. Always a good thing when you're working lol

I also wear a lot of it, so don't be afraid to use more. And use some scents to diffuse the pheros as well.

KrazyKat, Djac and Mademoiselle...thanks for your input...

It's all been very helpful so thanks so much....

Djac I guess I was not giving off the superstar vibe like u were referring to...I usually just get that with LP RED....I was just giving the PP a test drive...and I guess I will have to continue....not one for those to give up so easily...hehe...

But anyways you ladies are the best!!

Thanks a million!!

Have a good one chicas!!

I have seen lots of good reviews on the popularity potion and am thinking about buying it in the future. Is it an oil based product or alcohol based, and does it come in a roll-on bottle, spray bottle, bottle with a plastic wand, etc? Thanks for the help.

The "Actor's Magic" blend which will hopefully be debuted soon is meant to replace Popularity Potion, IIRC.

And I know with my whole entire soul that this will be really good stuff.

So... I had another one of those "P.P. night" yesterday!

I went to this discussion with a high ranking saudi official, it was mostly academic people, teachers, but also some people simply interested in world affairs.

I didn't have much time to figure out what to wear so I grabbed my fail proof Popularity Potion and slathered on neck, wrist and hair. I wanted a touch of honey -I am getting addicted to this scent- so I used a bit of the sample of Sexology I had and then I added some True Confessions on my wrists for the mood elevating effects. I felt a little sad so I thought TC would help!

Self effects were as great as always. Positive can-do state of mind. Relaxed. Love it.

Now. I get in the room, seat in the back, last seats available. This cute guy starts looking at me from the side, then starts asking me a bunch of questions where I'm from, where I study, went on telling me stuff about him & his work... he has that silly smile on his face, and was totally blushing red the first couple minutes of talking to me.

Then my BF shows up. yay

End of discussion, had a great time. I decided to grab a drink and mingle a bit. I feel 100% confident, talk to everyone as if I was in my living room.

I met this Phd guy from Algeria, who 'wants to see me again', we talk, he's definitely an interesting person, gives me his card, insists that I call him or email him. lol

Then I met the future ambassador of Peru, I am totally cool with it. Super friendly with me and also interesting. There was definitely some easy bonding/chatting going on.

Then I met this young jazz musician, I also felt totally confident and relaxed. Gives me his card. Insists that I call him or email him or come to his next concert. I sense a pattern.

Meanwhile my BF is watching lol.

End of the day = felt like the bomb. But I looked like crap. My hair was a hot frizzy mess due to humid weather. But who cares. I feel like royalty lol

My BF & I walk to the subway, he's like "boy, there were a lot of young guys who were disapointed to see me with you tonight". lol

Me like Popularity Potion.

Awesome report Mademoiselle. You sure where able to meet some very interesting and important people. I love my Popularity Potion too. I never leave home without it. I use the uncented as well as Wildflower. Which are you using.

Ooooohh...I didn't know about that "Actor's magic" blend. Is the formula gonna be very similar to PP?

sounds exciting!!!

Like Luna I recall the Actors Magic will replace PP. I think I saw that in the roll on it will be called Moviestar but I am on the goodstuff so I could be wrong.

Differences? There are products specific to women/men, and they have trialed this for success before release.

More details need M & D. But great story!!!

OMG - I totally forgot to mention the time when I went to the cafe with a friend of mine, super sweet and gorgeous girl.

Anyway, we sit down with cofee + belgian waflle -yum- and I am facing the rest of the cafe. A guy comes out from what I believe is the bakery in the cafe, he just stands there, and look at me, with a certain look on his face, like he knows me from somewhere. He stares, smiles, I smile back. Now you would think the guy would go back to his things, nah, he just stands there, keep looking. Weird lol

About a couple mn later, a daddy comes in with his little daughter, the guy turns around 360, and stares at me as well. I was like WTF?!!!! He kept giving me looks like he knew me or something. I go to this place a lot and trust me, this is very unusual.

Anyway, we're talking with my friend and this woman sits right next to our table.

I swear she was listening to our story, whenever I would look on her side, she would be looking at me, smiling -I'm not kidding!!- and kinda ready to say something & jump in our conversation. My friend was like 'what is wrong with her?!' lol

Finally my friend is like "I think you must be giving of pheromones or something"...

Mmmm.....

I haven't told her yet, but I think I will. Good secrets are meant to be shared with your friends, right?

She even asked me if she thought people were mistaking me for someone famous...lol

Well all this happend yesterday, in the middle of the pm, before I went to my discussion later on.

What I like about PP is that it seems to affect both men & women around me, really cool stuff.

Oh and Shelly

I am sooo looking forward to play w/ actor's magic!

Mademoiselle...nice report there lady...both of them

I kinda wish I had some more unscented PP left (wasn't too crazy about the scented wildflower)but anyways I went through mine real quick because, well it really does work like it's suppose to...

boy does it bring back memories

Can't wait for the Actors magic...the ladies have often made reference to hoarding...well that's exactly what I plan to do fo this one

djac

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Popularity potion for the first time yesterday...I have an LP Original boosted with it and I wore it not expecting too much really...

Well...All I can say is this is now one of my favourite LP phero's :love: It was exactly what the label says... A popularity potion! I take the bus to work and every day there's a nurse on the bus who brings her twin girls in to the staff childcare centre. These two girls are usually quiet and or sit very well behaved next to their mum doing homework. Yesterday the two girls were sitting 2 seats away from me and were chatting away like 7 year old girls do...I wasn't paying attention at first but then realised they were talking about me (looks, smiles, conversation content and "discreet" pointing). They were saying things like "really nice hair", "I like her shoes" and my favourite..."she has pretty ears" :) There you go ladies! I have pretty ears!

When I got to work everyone was happy & chatty in theatre...One of the scrub nurses called me a "God send"...all I did was help shift a patient off the op table after the procedure, and I quite often do this (even though tidying up & prepping for the next patient after a procedure isn't really in my job description) but it's never been commented on before...She also kept complimenting me for all sorts of things. :)

Today on the bus one of the twins came and sat next to me on the bus... I guess she must really like my pretty ears :lol: or maybe it's my lovely perfume...She did give me a shy smile and whispered that I smell like peach ice cream ^_^

Great report Rosebud! I am with you on that, it is an awesome awesome mix!! It's uplifting, it helps me work better, people love me and treat me like a princess when I wear it, I LOVE IT!! lol

EVen though I am sad that it is going away, I am very much looking forward to try the Actor's Magic blend!!

No, because it was originally developed by Pharmacom, which is now out of business. Actor's Magic is meant to replace Popularity Potion.

Rosebud that was a great story. How cute are those little girls. I'm sure just as cute as your ears. Yes I love Pop Potion. You do know that Wildflower is still available and it has PP in it. I actually prefer it over the unscented but that's just me. Yes it does have the effect that you're a "Superstar". I call it the attitude of "It's my world and everyone else is just living in it".

• 2 weeks later...

And you can still boost scents with it. I boosted a sugared honeycomb with it today.

I am a honey ho. :-). I had a sample of the Wildflower - wasn't a great scent for me - but I was a rock star to grown ups and my daughter's friends all but built me a temple every time I wore it. :-)

It's worth boosting with this until the Actor's Magicis ready to go.

Really....I may have to look into getting some of that, I love me some Sugared Honeycomb anyway!

At least por moi - Sugared Honeycomb is super easy to layer with other scents. Want to sweeten it up or sex it up? Sugared Honeycomb is great. Which makes it a perfect option for a phero boost. Regular scent combined with a phero boosted SH? Mmmmnnn.

I've got a couple of boosted pure sugars for the same reason.

Both are pretty neutral so can bump and change wide variety of scents.

I think it's easiest to boost either the neutrals OR the one's you already know you LOVE on you.

Thank goodness for the two sample plan for being active on the forum - I don't get the monthly samplers - so I watch my scent twins - Dolly, Curiouschic, and Coffeemama for their reviews. I think I lean JoAnna and Luna's scent preferences as well. It makes it easier to stalk samples: :-)