Ivory Cats: Tantalize w/ Lace

AD3-Tantalize.jpg

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WOODSMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• 2 weeks later...

This was conceptualized as sort of a variant of Tease (which is why I nagged my incredibly patient boss for a similarly verb-ed 'T' name), but the orchid really gives it a totally sophisticated womanly kind of aura. It's so lovely - it's one of those which inspires you to vamp it up or at least dress a little better when you wear it. :lol: It's very silky, powdery-smooth, sweet but in a soft way, and the orchid slides across the top as if on satin sheets. Ooh la la and va-va-voom!

In summation, it totally smells like the Siren of the Emerald Depths if she decided to allow herself to be captured and brought to Hollywood to become whatever the heck she wants to be because she's already the Queen of the Jungle.

I always think it's so awesome reading Luna's descriptions and stories every month, and then being able to go read her personal reviews. For some reason I find that SO entertaining and satisfying. There's a little resonance, like, this is how the story went, and now this is the epilogue... it's neat.

This was conceptualized as sort of a variant of Tease (which is why I nagged my incredibly patient boss for a similarly verb-ed 'T' name), but the orchid really gives it a totally sophisticated womanly kind of aura. It's so lovely - it's one of those which inspires you to vamp it up or at least dress a little better when you wear it. :lol: It's very silky, powdery-smooth, sweet but in a soft way, and the orchid slides across the top as if on satin sheets. Ooh la la and va-va-voom!

In summation, it totally smells like the Siren of the Emerald Depths if she decided to allow herself to be captured and brought to Hollywood to become whatever the heck she wants to be because she's already the Queen of the Jungle.

In addition to GOBM this is the other FB I went with along with my sampler. Why? Orchid, Myrrh, Marshmallow Root & Woodsmoke. All usually winning notes for me.

I wondered if I might get a Perdect Match vibe from this (totally forgot about Tease). I love Tease and I just know Tantalize is going in the winners circle.

I love the Vereb-ed T name. Excellent idea. My box is on the way. Please keep the great reviews coming :)

Definitely a "make your eyes roll back in the head" scent. Showstopper. It already so velvety smooth and blended, such a satiny purée of notes, that in blind test I COULD NOT NAME ONE NOTE, not even the sugar, other than to think "something floral" (I wildly guessed hydrangea and jasmine...not even close). I just kept thinking "powdery" and seeing Marilyn Monroe in furs and diamonds. :) It's incredible

Let me preface my next staement by saying ,"Not in an old lady way."

This scent reminds me of my mother. Let me explain. Every Tuesday evening was date night for my parents (weekends were spent either helping on grandpa's farm, running errands, or taking kids to ballet, voice class or guitar lessons), and every Tuesday afternoon, my mother went to great efforts to transform herself from "stay-at-home mom" to "the girl he married".

She had only two perfumes, and my favourite (although I didn't know it at the time), must have had orchid as a defining note.

Mom would disappear into their bedroom, where we could hear her humming or singing in the shower. An hour or so later, she'd emerge, glowing and dressed to the nines. Dad would arrive, throw open the door, and bellow out his best rendition of "What's New, Pussycat", and away they'd go, just the two of them, on an adventure. As the door closed, mom's perfume would linger, preserving the moment.

It seems only appropriate this scent would contain orchid, and would be graced with a cat label.

The scent is compelling, creating that 'come a little closer and tell me your secrets' aura. I can't help but imagine a silken, amethyst-coloured cloud. Everything is filmed with a soft-focus lens. Romance..

Edited by Wanderlust

I can't possibly top WendyLynne's gorgeous review, but I have to come on here and rave about this. I've had the same experience every time I've tested this: I sniff the bottle and get the smoky vanilla mystery goodness and my eyes roll back in my head. then I apply it and lower my head to sniff and think, damn, where did the perfume go? The closer I get and the harder I snuffle the more it eludes me. Then I philosophically tell myself that I can't love them all and go about my business.

About 15 minutes later I am *ambushed* by a haunting, evocative, utterly classic and deeply nostalgic scent that wisps up. All the elements are so well-blended that I can't really pick one out. It reminds me a bit of Glamour Puss -- that kind of complexity and that kind of emotional whammy. It just smells SO GOOD in some way that goes much deeper than just liking the scent; it really answers some emotional hunger I wasn't aware that I had. I wore it to bed last night and kept waking from weird dreams and then wondering what the amazing smell was and then remembering Tantalize and feeling safe to drift back into sleep. Magical!

Hmm. Curious. Had ZERO idea what to expect, lol. The orchid is the one note that I just couldn't wrap my head around as far as fitting the mix. The myrrh, the wood smoke and the musk I could see complimenting something earthy along with a hint of sweet from the vanilla/sugar/marshmallow root...But now that I'm wearing it I have to rethink EVERYTHING! :D

Not in a bad way at all. When the fairy cakes came out I remember how surprised I was at how much I REALLY liked the orchid version. I mean, I don't usually swoon for anything floral, but the satin, silken wonderfulness of the orchid swayed me. The sugary and earthy notes in this are so exquisitely complimented by the orchid it's just amazing! It has that same silken feel.

It's not a loud fragrance after dry down. I'm a sucker for that wood smoke note and can pick it out - but everything really is blended so nicely that I have to concentrate to find it. Something about orchid and that slight sweetness is SO dreamy! Then ground it with the other notes and WOW. I need to try this out on Mr. New....

It just smells SO GOOD in some way that goes much deeper than just liking the scent; it really answers some emotional hunger I wasn't aware that I had.

Isn't it amazing when a fragrance can do that? I always love the feeling of, "Everything in my life will be fine if I can smell this forever."

This should have worked really well for me, but it comes out mostly like semi-wonky orchid on my skin. Not so wonky so that I couldn't wear it (and I am dying to finally test the effects of Lace when I wear this out!), but maybe the scent will work better on me later after it ages a bit.

Sleek & soft, with a touch of outdoorsy smoke and earthiness. Like going to an elegant outdoors event under one of those gigantic tents. She's dressed up in a black satin dress, diamond stud earrings and fur. But, not opposed to removing her heals and going for a barefoot walk later in the evening.

Have him bring a blanket.

Oh, yeah, I should mention I had cops added to my bottle. :)

Edited by StacyK

Even wet, this is pillowy soft and smooth. There aren't any pointy edges calling out, HELLO, I'M FLORAL. I love the scent of many flowers; wearing them is another story. A great many amp on my skin, sometimes to headache inducing levels. Not so with this. If this is what orchid smells like, then I love orchid.

I can't really discern the other notes individually. They just come together beautifully. It brings to mind snuggling under a feather comforter, a faint wisp of smoke in the air from the woodstove in the next room.

This is so unobtrusive I sometimes forget I am wearing it. Then out of the blue I think, my god, what smells so good? Then I realize it's me. I love it when that happens. :) It's almost magical, truly tantalizing the senses.

This is my first experience with Lace. While I have my moments, I don't consider myself a particularly girly girl, so I could really tell the difference. At times it seemed as though I was gliding rather than walking. I just felt really feminine, at peace, even, and it makes me realize I need to cultivate this side of myself more. Unfortunately, the wooziness of the anol put me on a fast train to Headache City. I could (and did) overdose on this one easily, which is such a shame; I love the fragrance so much I want to bathe in it, but the phero won't let me. :( Still, I am soooo tempted to buy a full bottle anyway. The scent really is that good.

Edited by Patchjulie

On application, this is a very baby-powdery smell on me.

When it dries down, it mellows into a really nice, sweet scent that is (as others have mentioned) really well blended. It's very smooth, and every time I take a whiff, I think I can pick something out (is that the vanilla? The sugar? I think I can detect a hint of smoke, or orchid), but I can never be sure and it seems to change a little bit each time I smell it.

Tantilize smells like I imagine that the black cat on the label feels. Soft, velvety smooth, and so comforting when stroking that sleek fur. There's a hint of "green" poking through the subtle woodsmoke, beautifully balanced with soft vanilla. The more I wear this fragrance, the more I like it.

I'm not supposed to be wearing pheromones right now, but I wanted to see what my guy thought of this one, so I dabbed a bit on the backs of my earrings and he noticed the fragrance right away and complimented how nice it smelled :) If it doesn't vanish before I can snag a bottle, I'll have to get one for after baby comes ^_^

A subtle, sexy, sweet, smoky skin scent that somehow seems to float hauntingly above and beyond the level of the skin, like an aura, while becoming undetectable upon the skin itself. Like Blackcat, I kept sniffing my wrist to chase a scent that seemed to have completely dissipated, only to find a short while later that it was emanating in heavenly waves of pastel smoky pinkish grey that I could not get enough of. However, every sniff directly to the skin resulted in a disappointed sniffer. I don't know how Mara created such an impossibly magical fragrance with such ghost-like substance, but it is definitely a stellar example of her scentual genius.

Quite lovely, and does evoke a kind of vintage feel.

On me it's mostly a vanilla orchid with a wisp of smoke. Very, very feminine in a "little black dress" way. In fact, I imagine wearing a little black dress with this, with amethyst or pink tourmaline and pink pearls.

Real glam, even if relatively subtle. It's rich and sweet, a really exquisite vanilla.

• 2 weeks later...

MORE LOVE FOR TANTALIZE!!! :purr::purr::purr: I love every single one of the Ivory Cats. Cannot believe it. Am rolling around in the glory of it all! Heh.

This was the one I was most worried about, because of the phero. I was sad when I did my first teeny spot test because I LOOOOVE the scent, but Lace has made me feel a bit whiny and bitchy in the past. Well, HEY PRESTO!!! It isn't doing it now! WOO!!!

So, back to the gorgeous olfactory thing. :) It's this fluid, sweet, just-bright-enough orchid when it hits my skin. Sweet in a perfect way, and supported--if I look for it--by the sugar, musk, and a vague insinuation of vanilla. As it warms and embraces my flesh (!), I get more of the vanilla/marshmallow root/myrrh/sugar cushion to it all. I've not noticed the smoke as a discrete note, and this is a pleasant surprise as I often amp it. I shall assume that this time, smoke adds to the Sultry here. This baby is definitely a Classic Women's Perfume, caps intended. Tantalize is another one that makes me feel grownup, sophisticated, and dressed in a black velvet evening dress even though I'm currently in snow boots, sweats, and a hoodie. :Emoticons0424:

Oh-oh-oh! ETA: Extreme drydown is a soft, vanilla/myrrh/sugar skin scent that's like, "Oh, that? Why, I ALWAYS smell like this, my dear." :666:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 1 month later...

This scent is still not quite doing it for me, but I had a nice first experience with the phero when out a few nights ago. Blond Bartender, who has responded very well to Est (in scented Cuddle Bunny), was very attentive to me as soon as the crowd around the bar dispersed. He was very comforting about something that was bothering me--a minor thing that didn't really warrant the amount of reassurance he was giving me. He also gave me some nice light touches, lots of smiles, and covered both of my glasses of wine (I only paid for my bar snack). So...I'll be making the most of this trial vial! :D

Yes LACE is a winner for me. I recommend it in spray. It's awesome alone or it can be added (with care) to some blends like Topper.

• 1 month later...

Oh hollies of hollies...the self effects of this is AWESOME!! Makes me feel so happy and upbeat! It seems to me that people are nicer in a sweet, peppy, accommodating way too! Love it!

• 1 month later...

I wore this today for the first time after letting it age. At first oil got orchids with a nice sandalwood base but it soon disappeared on me. I burn scents quickly and within an hour i had powder and it was fleeting. The pheromones helped although I don't need much to make me a woozy blonde. More than anything I think it helped keep me awake during a boring 3 hour speaker today but I also felt like I couldn't sit still. I will give it another go.