Tattooed Lady w/Blatant Invitation & Hedione

AD-TattooedLady-SM.jpg

WISTERIA ~ Welcoming of new person into your life. Youth, eloquence.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form. Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
NUBIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
HEDIONE (JASMINE DERIVATIVE) ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this blind. I LOVE wisteria but didn't recognize it - in this blend it read on me like a very straightforward rose. It brought Love Blossom to mind. Wet, it was not dirty at ALL, and I amp civet madly. As it dried down the floral backed way off, and the civet and musk must have been to thank for making the whole thing more deep and sultry. After it dried I couldn't have named a single note - it felt well aged already, that well melded. I actually got a mink-coat kind of feeling from it. Very purry and va va voom. it's raven-haired, crimson-lipped vixenish... : black cat swishing tail emoticon :

On me, this is immediately an I AM A GROWN-UP LADY kind of scent. I want to say it's like Cat's Eye with floral notes instead of the amber and honey. And I say that because the musk has a classic/vintage aura to it, which is the same impression Cat's Eye has for me. Everyone who loves Remind Me Again, I think this would be your type of perfume. It's very lush and deep and sophisticated. It clings, but doesn't overwhelm. The musk is potent, but not brash. And again, I love the sparkle the hedione gives it on top, so lovely. It's my favorite jasmine note now.

This is very medicinal starting off. Once it has melded with my skin it becomes a green floral, there's an undercurrent of dirtiness to it that is threatening to take over. It feels vintage, like something I'd find in a high class Victorian ladies boudoir.

Yay, I'm glad to finally try hedione! It's soooo lovely. All other ingredients besides ylang ylang are completely new to me, so I don't really know what I'm smelling. But I love them! And this was mine and Sir Panda's first encounter with Blantant Invitation :belly-dancer: WIN, obviously. I want a FB, f'sho.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 2 weeks later...

Tried my sample and this is one of the only Carnival scents not really working for me. I like my Sugared Wisteria. I like other scents I have with ylang ylang. I even have Remind Me Again and others with civit that I like. I was excited for another scent with Blatant Invitation. But all I get on me is a bug spray scent. :nope02716: This is during and after drydown, so it never really improved. Oh, well. More money to spend on others.

Ha! Yes Luna. That's exactly what I thought. Cats Eye with Wisteria. im glad you said that.

Civet is always a ? for me.

This civet is delicate. It's restrained here. The wisteria is gorgeous. I love wisteria, thanks to LP. On my skin it's a dusky purple floral. Distinctive but always plays well when Mara combines it in her innovative combinations.

Yes, to the description of this being a classic type scent. I really like the scent and thanks to the Hedione this has tons of throw. A little can go a long way. Good news to those of us sensitive to BI.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the first florals I really enjoy. I was worried that it would have that old lady vibe. It's sophisticated and a bit mysterious, perfect. I love jasmine flowers, having two trees that bloom in the house but haven't embraced wearing it as a fragrance. The hubby is fond of ylang, me, just in the bottle, not to wear. This really has a powerful throw and I'm enjoying the fragrance much to my surprise. I ordered the sample because I can't resist things sideshow/ carny/ circus themed. And I myself am a tattooed lady.

Ordering a full bottle, wish I could hoard at the moment, so far I've gotten "lucky" every time I've worn this. And I have limited experience wearing BI.

• 2 months later...

Wearing this today and still enjoying it, I'm so glad I went FB. I'm considering another bottle and perhaps a virgin bottle as well. I like it from start to finish, it's pretty strong at first but the soft dry down after a few hours is amazing. And this is nothing like what I would consider a me fragrance. I'm feeling the need to experiment with BI with other fragrances for comparison. I've now realized when I wear this blend I have a serious case of the " I feel pretties". With no intention of leaving the house today I showered and pulled this out. Normally I wouldn't bother with makeup or hair on such a day but it seemed nessessary after applying this fragrance, one thing led to another. So is it the fragrance or the phero, or the combo?

Any other ladies have a similar reaction?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh. A little goes a long way. I wish I would have read that before I slathered, lol..

So right now I'm a little scared. It's a very big floral at the moment. I'll update later, as it dries down.

But I chose it to wear tonight because my b/f reacts well to BI.

• 5 months later...

Ok, so I am going back over all my trials before the sale and OH MY!! I had not pulled this out...and I ADORE IT! I have never used BI, but now I feel like I want to wear this all the time...which scares me since I probably should NOT wear BI everywhere. WHAT TO DO??? Anyway...Love it. I'm really bad at pulling out notes, but overall, this is fab. And I totally agree with the "I feel pretties". Sigh. AND yes, it DOES go along way. I am assuming the hedione helps with the throw, since that is supposed to be a part of its benefit. Gee whiz. I REALLY wanna wear this around TG now, but since I usually only see him in group settings, I don't know if I should try it.

• 1 year later...

I'm probably going to update this post after it's had a chance to dry down a bit, but I put this on about 20 minutes ago, and I have some thoughts.

For some reason, it reminds me of going on summer trips to Osoyoos, BC with my grandparents. Oddly, it also reminds me of a hair product that I can't quite place (Sun-In? Maybe?). It kind of gives me that "3rd eye" stabbing feeling, and it's interesting to know what everyone's been talking about all this time.

My cat appears to love it. She has plastered herself to me and is purring madly. 

ETA: Okay, it’s been a few hours now. For some reason this turns into OFF! bug spray on my skin.

Edited by Lainey