Balm Bomb, Unscented

I keep reading these wonderful reviews of BB in the Beautiful Dreamer thread. I like BD too, for the fragrance, but, honestly, looking back to when I've used BB, while it relaxes me, it more so puts me into a very good mood.

Like during shark week, it may have done nothing for cramps, but it put me in a good mood so that they were a minor distraction in an over all good day :) I had always thought to use it to relax or to help me become sleepy, but have found that for me, it isn't a sleep aid at all. Relaxed and happy, but not sleepy. I guess the "relaxed" part can lead to sleepy and if I wear a "lighter" dose it is a calmer feel.

At a higher concentration it just becomes "Awesome Social". And like Vladmyra mentions above, men DO become complimentary. I've noticed women too, to warm up to this blend. It's really much more versatile than I initially gave it credit for - Muhahaaaaa.....

In a higher concentration it becomes down right "happy sauce". And on days where shark week has nothing to do with why you're wearing it? OH YEAH. Happy Sauce. The effects it has on guys is GREAT too. I think using it for bed time and shark week only is really missing out on the potential of the blend as something to keep in your everyday rotation. If you just want to have a Good Day, you need to wear this - and who doesn't want to have a good day? Really? ^_^

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this recently and have worn it a few times for different situations.

First, I have a changing work schedule so right now with the Christmas season I might come home at 11:00 pm and then need to be up again at 7:30 am if my schedule changes from a closing shift to an opening shift. I had one of those recently and I knew that I was going to need to wind down pretty quickly and get some sleep. I used Balm Bomb for that and it helped do the trick. I went from work stressed to relaxed much more quickly. I read a few little tidbits on facebook and then went to sleep.

Second, I used it yesterday before coming into work because I knew that I was going to be working with my framing manager and she is stressed ( climbing the walls, the end is nigh, we are not going to get this all done, we are doomed, DOOMED! ) I didn't want to catch the stressed because I find that productivity goes through the floor when I am like that not the other way around. (Working under pressure is fine but I am usually calm under pressure. Working while truly feeling like there is no way out of the hole we are in makes me unfocused. ) So I came in and started doing my job. She was stressed as usual. I smiled at her, agreed that we are all doomed and continued to work. Maybe thirty minutes into us working across from each other she has changed her mind. She looks around the room. "We are getting things done. Huh, this might be doable. We are probably still screwed but its better." I agree that it is looking better. She then decides to just not look at the other side of the room with the huge wall of frames still on it. For me personally, I found that I was much more calm about the situation and that was what I needed.

And no Christmas customers were murdered. :D I might need a full bottle.

This was never on my radar -- I'm not sure why -- until I fell madly in love with Beautiful Dreamer and now it's like, "Where have you been all my life, Balm Bomb?!?!?!"

I loved your review, Maililyahn, because I have been regarding this as a heavensent way to get some better sleep, but I hadn't thought about using it for the holiday retail season during the day (and oh wow, I feel for you with the hours you are describing. I just have a couple of days a week now in my retail job, but it's more than enough this time of year. More. Than. Enough.). I am tempted to try some Beautiful Dreamer at work now. My concern would be getting so relaxed that I can't keep up with stuff, but it sounds as if you didn't find that it detracted from your focus/energy?

No, I am not a floor person so I am not running around like a mad woman most of the time. I need more mental focus than anything but I haven't really noticed a drop in energy at all. I have been getting plenty of sleep though. I love my sleep and now that it is cool outside I am getting uninterrupted sleep which is amazing.

For me, I found that it took the edge off the crazy, OMG, how are we going to get this all done?!? feeling. When I start focusing on all we have left to do I try to figure out how to get it all done and will likely have half a dozen things started all over the workshop in an attempt to get to them all. I could tell late tonight that there was no more BB left because I was looking at the clock and the list and the wall of frames and the large piece in front of me that needed to be finished, and the trash that needed to be taken out and all the other closing routine business that still wasn't done. I could feel the anxiety over all of it creeping back in.

If this were a calm time then maybe it would make me sleepy. I am not sure. I would say give it a try though. Maybe on a shorter shift, if you have one? Or with some coffee back up. ;)

OMG, that sounds perfect. What I find is that there is a kind of holiday zen that can be achieved if I just stay right in the moment, but getting there is hard task sometimes! I think I might try a swipe or two of Beautiful Dreamer for tomorrow, which is the short day -- and now I guess I'll also HAVE to swing by the coffee shop before work and pick something up there. Just in case!! :-)

THanks again for your review, it was really helpful.

Maililyahn - I'm just curious if you've tried the new Mega Watt for work and if you have, what the differences BB & it have?

I haven't yet but I ordered the November sampler so I am hoping to try out Mega Watt for exactly that situation. :)

:LIKE:

• 7 months later...

I can never, ever, ever run out of this. Honestly. This stuff is going to save someone's life someday. Maybe it already has.

I should have been wearing it tonight, but PMS sneaked up on me this month, and I thought I was in the free-and-clear. Nope. Went into near-murderous internal rage when a co-server monopolized our runner (bus person), when said runner SHOULD have been helping me, the closing server, and when said co-server effing well knew it, and was standing at the front cash register, closing out her bills instead of doing her effing job. That chick almost lost her head. Srsly. If I had been wearing Balm Bomb, I would have just shrugged it off. Sans Balm Bomb, I felt an overpowering urge to punch her teeth down her throat.

I will be wearing BB tomorrow, just in case. With something pink, just to underscore in my own head that I am a woman, not a thug. This stuff is GOLD.

Eggers, I hear you. I have a relative who visits every so often, who despite best intentions, always frays my very last nerve. BB takes the edge right off and I must say, I haven't contemplated telling said relative exactly what I think of those passive-aggressive jabs~and why don't you plan on staying at a hotel next visit, you nasty, ungrateful...?~ ever since I found this stuff. What I hear now is Charlie Brown's teacher, and I just don't give a rat's patooty.

"Wahn wahn-wahn wahn wahn wahn". Yes, that about says it! :lol:

Although my day didn't get off to the greatest start, I've been relatively sane today. No urges to elbow anyone in the throat.

ETA, I have to say that I'm often alarmed by how violent my PMS "beat 'em up" fantasies are. I'm so grateful to have something in my arsenal that not only guarantees I won't seriously injure someone simply for the trespass of having annoyed me at the wrong time of the month, but which can actually turn my nasty mood around and have me laughing my head off. This is one freaking incredible phero.

Edited by Eggers

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...