Love Potion: Tropique w/Copulins

AD-LP-Tropique_1.jpg

TROPICAL VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
HONEYDEW & CANTALOUPE MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility.
COCONUT CREAM ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPTropique/

10 drops of EoW per bottle divas :rolleyes: . This is bound to be a best seller! I know I'm sold on a bottle for the hope chest, lol. Question - being that LP Tropique only has one floral ingredient and it's primarily fruity, does that mean it's a fruity fragrance? Or would it need to be categorized as fruity-floral because it's not 100% fruity? I don't know if there's a tipping point which would lean things in one direction over the other. I love the name of this variant. "Tropique." Looking forward to meeting this naughty cop-filled vixen. Meeeeeow.

Yes It's definitely fruity. I asked Mara if she would brew a melon-based LP variant for me, and this is the result.

Fruity it is. Thanks for that Luna. Tropique sounds delectable. I reread the description and ingredients again and see the honeydew and cantaloupe melons which stand for water magic and fertility. The label is enchantingly apropos.

Full bottle ordered. I have been craving a coconut scent for summer, and Summer Belle and Lina's Almost One of the Boys made a melon lover out of me, and who doesn't need more cops? Thanks for this one, Luna!

Melon does sounds yummy, cool and summery. And who couldn't use more cops! I'm post menopausal and cops just makes me feel good and happy. I think maybe my body misses it, don't know. But I wear it even when I'm not going to be around anyone.

Which brings me to my question, is 10 drops a lot or a little. Compared with OCCO is that more, less or the same?

It's less than the OCCOs, I believe. They have the most copulins of all the phero offerings. But Mara would never put in too much, if you know what I mean. Fruit scents always do a great job in blending with and covering cops.

Yes gurlz, agreed, we can always use more cops :wink2: (ting! (the sound of her winking lol)). I love coconut and can't possibly get enough. Looked at the ingredients again and the apricot jumped out at me this time. Tropique is a leading contender :)

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity

Just out of the mail! In the vial, Yum! Yes, it's fruity and sweet. On: loving the melons, apricot, coconut and vanilla. The magnolia is there underneath and the amber and patch are giving, what would clearly be an incredibly light scent, some depth. It's really pretty. I'm not crazy on the tropical fruit thing - like eating them more so than smelling like them - but this one is VERY nice.

Ah...love! I have melon madness as I have said, and this is refreshing juicy melon with a coconut undertone, total summer vibe. As it dries down it gets softer but the character stays pretty much the same, I get a bit of the apricot after about 20 minutes or so. In the end I get just a whisper of the floral and the smoothness of the base, but primarily this is a tropical dream and now I just need to go somewhere worthy of slathering it!

:greensmilies-024:

Full bottle ordered. I have been craving a coconut scent for summer, and Summer Belle and Lina's Almost One of the Boys made a melon lover out of me, and who doesn't need more cops? Thanks for this one, Luna!

I love those 2 also BC. I confess I went FB on this as well, in addition to my sampler. :)

This is the one I'm most excited about, so I can't wait to order a sample of it once I place my order for Heart and Soul. Now that the weather's getting warmer, I think the notes in this will really stand out in a sheer, lighthearted manner.

I was able to try this before my sampler was deliverd thanks to Ducky (thanks love).

Ok, so I don't know how such a light frangrance can hide cops so well. There is somehing in the drydown that reminds me of another LP. I guess with the LP base, that makes sense... It's driving me nuts though, is it Amazonia Zee, the coconut/vanilla from my Sweet Beach, the patch from Ambrosia, ... ?? I can't place it. The scent is very light and coconutty, with a delicate floral-fruity edge. No pointy edges or heavy cream. Just a light, fresh and beachy, skin-like scent. I'm really happy I just went FB, as I can see using this a lot throughout the summer!

^^^^^^^I know, I love it, too! It's beautiful and light -- not overly sweet. Amazing how it covers the cops. The melon is soooo delicate in this one -- the whole combination is very impressive. Getting a FB was a foregone conclusion... I'm so going to enjoy slathering myself in this one!

I was able to try this before my sampler was deliverd thanks to Ducky (thanks love).

Ok, so I don't know how such a light frangrance can hide cops so well. There is somehing in the drydown that reminds me of another LP. I guess with the LP base, that makes sense... It's driving me nuts though, is it Amazonia Zee, the coconut/vanilla from my Sweet Beach, the patch from Ambrosia, ... ?? I can't place it. The scent is very light and coconutty, with a delicate floral-fruity edge. No pointy edges or heavy cream. Just a light, fresh and beachy, skin-like scent. I'm really happy I just went FB, as I can see using this a lot throughout the summer!

LUCKY!!! I AM DYING TO TRY THIS ONE TOO AND HAVE NO PATIENCEEEE!!! Is the magnolia screechy at all? That's the only note I am afraid of.

No, not screechy at all! In fact, I barely detect it. Just whiffs of something floral from time to time. The LP base is delicious in this, almost foody! The coconut is creamy and sublte (which makes sense since it's coconut cream) and blends wonderfully with the vanilla patch base. Maybe that's why it seems almost foody. Melons can get loud on me, but I really think the apricot keeps them in check. Beautiful summer scent with asolutely no hint of cops!

No, not screechy at all! In fact, I barely detect it. Just whiffs of something floral from time to time.

Yeah exactly; I have to admit I quavered a bit when Mara told me she added a bit of magnolia, but it's barely there. It's a beautiful rendition of my insatiable demand for melon madness!

LUCKY!!! I AM DYING TO TRY THIS ONE TOO AND HAVE NO PATIENCEEEE!!! Is the magnolia screechy at all? That's the only note I am afraid of.

BB is right. Nothing about this is loud or screechy. Very light floral, the melon is subtle, it's a very quiet scent if that makes sense. It's not aquatic but very beach like.

2qkjw46.jpg

It reminds me of a cheeky water nymph (a la the Peter Pan sexy mermaids) Its not perfumey- a very close to skin, tropical beach type of vibe. Not watery or anything, just like you've been sunning yourself on warm sand all day, eating melon with a flower tucked behind your ear.

Edited by hearts

Oh that is good to hear. Magnolia tends to make my toes curl in a not so good way. Like I am bracing myself for an ass raping.

LMAO!! :lol:

This one is light, sheer, fruity and gently floral.

It's very feminine and pretty.

Tropical but not brashly so. A sheer skin scent, I wish it lasted a little longer but it lasts enough.

I'll take a case of this please! :purr: :purr:

Holy Friggin Melon!!!!!!!!

This is so shockingly outrageously strong on me!!! IF YOU ARE A MELON HO GET THIS RIGHT NOW. I get no coconut. :(

No cops either! which is good BUT I fear this is for some reason too melony for me.

I think I may just have way to many summer scents at this time anyway...if you don't...this is the epitome of SUMMER.

Yeah I get the melon fairly strong too, which is exactly what I asked for! The coconut is underneath, like a sweet beach towel, heh.

So funny, I don't get strong melon with this. But I've been wearing Summer Belle.

On my skin, I'd call it fruity with the melon "present". Then the creamy coconut vanilla. But it's all sheer on me with a swirl of floral.

No cops, I actually forgot that's a component.

I'm so glad you asked for this Luna... love it!

The magnolia (I think) does something to the melon that makes it not smell like melon to/on me. When I put it on I kept thinking 'DEEP BLUE AMBROSIA'. That's how it reads to me: a deep tropical ocean blue version of occo ambrosia.

I was a little hesitant to try this one based on the reviews that the melon is strong, because I really don't care for melon. I don't enjoy eating them, I don't enjoy smelling them, and when cucumber melon bath & body products were all the rage a few years back and everyone used to douse themselves with them, it just killed it for me as far as melon scents go. So I was pleasantly surprised that I actually like this! I get more of the coconut cream and vanilla, with a nice, understated melon that doesn't veer into cloying. In the late drydown, I'm getting a touch of the magnolia, very light mingling with the vanilla, coconut, and fruit, and just the barest suggestion of honey and patchouli. Very nice! A melon scent I can definitely do!

This got a big two thumbs up from BF! -- and I like it, too! haha! Very summery to me. I love melons, and this blend is so pretty with the creamy coconut and vanilla sitting under the melon. My impression is that it's more juicy than fruity, if that makes any sense. :) FB on this one, especially after the BF endorsement.

Wet, this smells like powdery pineapple with a hint of melon, a bit like a pina colada. Maybe its the apricot I'm detecting mixed with coconut that gives that impression. After a few minutes the melon comes forward and sits on top of the fluffy vanilla and coconut. This is a perfect summery cover for cops and reminds me a bit of Cuchi Head, but lighter.

I'm surprised that i don't smell any honey which is usually the first note that i detect, but it is definitely staying in the background. After a long dry down, I am starting to detect the amber, but mostly the melon and coconut hanging on. This is very beautiful and subtle.

I wasn't expecting to like this much, since fruits scents are usually not my thing.

I'm still not sure if I'll ever get a full bottle of it (who knows what might happen in the sale in August, though!) but I will definitely be using up my sample!

In the vial, it is very fruity and light; it smells delicious actually, if it were in a glass I would drink it without hesitation.

(don't worry, I won't drink this! I've accidentally gotten perfume oils on my lips often enough to know that they do not taste as nice as they smell....)

On my skin it slowly goes a bit deeper and warmer; it is not one of those scents that morph dramatically, but the coconut comes out a tiny little bit, and the fresher fruits (the pineapple mostly I think) move to the background a little bit.

Not a hint of cops that I can smell, which is excellent: I usually apply cops well before I get dressed, but if I forget that I and I do want to wear cops at some point, I would feel pretty safe in applying this to, say, the crooks of my elbows.

It is very summery; one of those mellow, warm, sweet summer days that are sort of lazily sensual.

Another pleasant surprise here... I think I've been in quasi cop-burnout lately, because it seems I smell it in almost everything I have (sometimes I just want a break & I think my HB is getting immune to the EFX because I seem to be wearing them all the time in scents I have). I was not going to get this one initially BECAUSE of the added cops, even though the other ingredients were right up my alley.

Temptation & indecision ultimately won that battle; I got them all and I'm so thankful I did. For me, Tropique is a beautiful, melon-y, coconut-y libation on the beach... Reminds me of those pretty, yummy tropical drinks... The kind you taste and say "Wow, this is great! I don't taste any alcohol in it though... I could drink these all afternoon!" Then five hours later you are trying to get the sand and seaweed out of your er, uh, "nooks and crannies" after being overcome/seduced by this seemingly harmless little refreshment. It is yummy, uplifting and fun initially... then the vanilla and honey begin to toy with my olfactory lust button... Until the patch seals the deal. I'm huffing my own arms by then and have to go back for another round with the bottle (because the first one went down SO easy!)

Awesome blend - the cops aren't knocking on my forehead, and I don't get a floral jab w/the magnolia (magnolia seems to amp heavily on me and can take over a scent). I'd be very surprised if Tropique doesn't sell out quickly!

Lovestruck... IMO, He may burn out on a scent or maybe the smell of cops if you're wearing them that noticeably but I bet you're not. :)

I don't think he can "burn out" as you can from actual pheros.