Mara's Rocket Fuel + LAM

Wow, two really great reviews up there ( Storemy & Eggers). I have a FB on the way, can't wait to test it out. :-)

Edited by StacyK

I really need to give Rocket Fuel another test drive, I tested it out early in LP experience but never felt a strong pull towards it, but now I feel I have a better understanding of what notes I like and what notes work well with me via LP’s collection, so I’m going to hunt down my sample of this and try it on again…

Seeing this thread pop up really inspired me to re-test this one, thanks

I had to say that I had not seen noticeable hits with anything really until this combo. Admittedly I can be oblivious to subtle hits so to see ones THAT out there... yeah, this is awesome stuff. Today, I wore it again. My cutie co-worker from yesterday (Mr. Blue Eyes) made quite a few appearances around my desk today. Yesterday, I forgot to mention that he works in a different building as well. Today, he decided that the copy machine furthest from his desk, located directly across from me, was the place to print all day. It was 106 degrees today, certainly not weather that causes anyone to pick printers in different buildings. I called him to let him know that a box of docs had arrived and not too long after he looked like he had run over from his desk and ended up not even taking it with him, said my co-worker could drop it off some other time (he didn't even look inside). It could have nothing to do with the combo but getting to see his eyes all day long, I'm ok with that. Work has definitely been more interesting lately.

I'd definitely say give it another try, Dolphindolls. I wouldn't have even thought of it until I saw this thread. I'd be interested to see what you think now that you have a better understanding of different notes. I'm hoping one day I'll get there too.

I had to say that I had not seen noticeable hits with anything really until this combo. Admittedly I can be oblivious to subtle hits so to see ones THAT out there... yeah, this is awesome stuff. Today, I wore it again. My cutie co-worker from yesterday (Mr. Blue Eyes) made quite a few appearances around my desk today. Yesterday, I forgot to mention that he works in a different building as well. Today, he decided that the copy machine furthest from his desk, located directly across from me, was the place to print all day. It was 106 degrees today, certainly not weather that causes anyone to pick printers in different buildings. I called him to let him know that a box of docs had arrived and not too long after he looked like he had run over from his desk and ended up not even taking it with him, said my co-worker could drop it off some other time (he didn't even look inside). It could have nothing to do with the combo but getting to see his eyes all day long, I'm ok with that. Work has definitely been more interesting lately.

I'd definitely say give it another try, Dolphindolls. I wouldn't have even thought of it until I saw this thread. I'd be interested to see what you think now that you have a better understanding of different notes. I'm hoping one day I'll get there too.

Which LAM did you use with RF? thanks

Which LAM did you use with RF? thanks

I've got version III, think it is, its the most current one with SS4W. I'm also looking forward to version II with BI that I'm swapping with Honeybee for a GC. That's another one that I've been dying to try and seemed like a perfect combo. I defintely think I'll be getting more SS4W because that does seem to give me at least the little "umph" I've looking for. With the V.2 having BI in in though, is it maybe better not to pair with LAM?

Which LAM scent are you guys pairing with the RF?

I would guess the Brown Sugar, that would be my match b/c it's spicy.

I've worn it with Spicy Brown Sugar, but I usually wear it with Pink Amber. It's not overpowering, it just adds a bit more sweetness. :)

Ohh I can't wait for my order to arrive FB of RF and LAM are in there.. just checked my tracking. I will be delivered tomorrow... :-P

I haven't tried it with anything other than the spicy brown sugar but love out it brings out the brown sugar a bit more. I love that scent. I'll have to do like Eggers and try it with something else just to test. I'll do it on the weekend so I don't jinx my good times at work!!

Try it out StacyK and see what you think!

I haven't tried it with anything other than the spicy brown sugar but love out it brings out the brown sugar a bit more. I love that scent. I'll have to do like Eggers and try it with something else just to test. I'll do it on the weekend so I don't jinx my good times at work!!

Try it out StacyK and see what you think!

I will .... I got my shipment today !! Everything is sorted and in it's place.. ha had to fight not to try everything at once. lol

I'm going to try them this weekend. School and work don't seem apropos to the mix. lol

Stacy, I can never help myself. I've used the back of my hands, my shoulders, top of my forearms. A little swatch of different scents everywhere all at once. LOL I think my head would explode if someone tried to stop me from trying them out. I know I should wait but I caaaaaaan't!

Stacy, I can never help myself. I've used the back of my hands, my shoulders, top of my forearms. A little swatch of different scents everywhere all at once. LOL I think my head would explode if someone tried to stop me from trying them out. I know I should wait but I caaaaaaan't!

I mostly tested some of the samples.. at one point you just can't smell anymore .. sensory overload

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I really need to give Rocket Fuel another test drive, I tested it out early in LP experience but never felt a strong pull towards it, but now I feel I have a better understanding of what notes I like and what notes work well with me via LPs collection, so Im going to hunt down my sample of this and try it on again

Seeing this thread pop up really inspired me to re-test this one, thanks

^^This is good!!!

I forgot about this thread.

I've done the MRF & Compromising Positions (Sexpionage), MRF & CB, MRF and Lace - but never MRF & LAM! I know what I'll be wearing tonight! :D

• 3 years later...

Going to a show tonight (Propagandi!!!), and couldn't figure out what to wear, 'cause I'm in a non-punk-rock-show and non-party mood at the moment. I'm more in a pyjamas-and-a-good-book kind of mood. But seeing as I have to go, ​(I know - tough life!), I need something to give me a good perk-up. It's been a while since I've worn this combo, but it's always been a hit before, so I'm giving it another go tonight, with the hopes that it'll perk me up. Reading all of our old reviews here just sealed the deal - tonight I'm wearing MRF/SS4W, and LAM Pink Amber. I don't need to be the life of the party, but with about 4 good books on the go, I feel like I need a good phero kick to get my butt off the sofa and to the party! :lol: COME ON MRF & LAM! WORK YOUR MAGICS!

ETA, BF just admitted that he's not feeling very punk-rock-show today, either. He's more in a sitting-around-playing-video-games mood - ​and this is his favourite band! ​So maybe my pheros will be enough to pick us both up! :lol:

Edited by Eggers

• 2 weeks later...

Going to a show tonight (Propagandi!!!), and couldn't figure out what to wear, 'cause I'm in a non-punk-rock-show and non-party mood at the moment. I'm more in a pyjamas-and-a-good-book kind of mood. But seeing as I have to go, ​(I know - tough life!), I need something to give me a good perk-up. It's been a while since I've worn this combo, but it's always been a hit before, so I'm giving it another go tonight, with the hopes that it'll perk me up. Reading all of our old reviews here just sealed the deal - tonight I'm wearing MRF/SS4W, and LAM Pink Amber. I don't need to be the life of the party, but with about 4 good books on the go, I feel like I need a good phero kick to get my butt off the sofa and to the party! :lol: COME ON MRF & LAM! WORK YOUR MAGICS!

ETA, BF just admitted that he's not feeling very punk-rock-show today, either. He's more in a sitting-around-playing-video-games mood - ​and this is his favourite band! ​So maybe my pheros will be enough to pick us both up! :lol:

Hi Eggers, did the combo work again? I am a bit confused about the abbreviations - what is MRF/SS4W? I think that the boost that this thread is talking about will be really good for me ...

Hi Eggers, did the combo work again? I am a bit confused about the abbreviations - what is MRF/SS4W? I think that the boost that this thread is talking about will be really good for me ...

OMG, yes! I forgot to come back & update! Yes, it did work again! We had a GREAT night, and yes, I played the part of the comedian. One of our friends has a new girlfriend, and she and I got along really well, which helped a lot. I love this combo. It's just pure, out-and-out fun for me. I always seem to have an absolute blast at shows when I wear these two together. :) I guess I had such a good time at the show that I slept late the following day, and forgot all about updating this.

Weird thing though: I had absolutely no hangover. Weird because with A-nol, I usually have a pretty good one. Not this time though. I woke up bright eyed & bushy-tailed.

Mara's Rocket Fuel (the same one that's available now, with Super Sexy for Women in it), and Like A Magnet, Pink Amber scent. I've also paired MRF with LAM Spicy Brown Sugar scent, and it's equally as awesome, scent-wise. I tend to go for Pink Amber when it's warm out, because it's a lighter, and the Brown Sugar when it's cooler out. It feels more like a cool-weather scent to me.

OMG, yes! I forgot to come back & update! Yes, it did work again! We had a GREAT night, and yes, I played the part of the comedian. One of our friends has a new girlfriend, and she and I got along really well, which helped a lot. I love this combo. It's just pure, out-and-out fun for me. I always seem to have an absolute blast at shows when I wear these two together. :) I guess I had such a good time at the show that I slept late the following day, and forgot all about updating this.

Weird thing though: I had absolutely no hangover. Weird because with A-nol, I usually have a pretty good one. Not this time though. I woke up bright eyed & bushy-tailed.

Mara's Rocket Fuel (the same one that's available now, with Super Sexy for Women in it), and Like A Magnet, Pink Amber scent. I've also paired MRF with LAM Spicy Brown Sugar scent, and it's equally as awesome, scent-wise. I tend to go for Pink Amber when it's warm out, because it's a lighter, and the Brown Sugar when it's cooler out. It feels more like a cool-weather scent to me.

Thank you! My wish list is growing by leaps and bounds!

• 10 months later...