To Soothe a Broken Heart w/ Balm Bomb

AD-BrokenHeart2015_1.jpg

TASSI LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
INDIAN JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
ROMAN CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.
MARIGOLD EXTRACT ~ Strengthening & comforting, prophetic dreams, divination, aids legal matters, protection.
WHITE & POWDERED SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

This is...is...? Floral? Herbal? Earthy? What is this!?

It's more of a state of "feeling" for me rather than an explanation of o fragrance...

It' "feels" very grounded. Like the quiet moments when your heart is just tired from aching and you find that quiet place in the storm of emotion - if that makes any sense? It actually made me cry, the emotion of it was so poignant. Been working through some unexpected troubles and the quiet moments of emotional exhaustion have been an all too familiar feeling and it reminded me of that quietness right away. It actually is very comforting in that regard.

It's coming across scent wise to me as a bit medicinal, but just barely. As it dries down I can pick out the oakmoss a little but mostly I get the jasmine and lavender on the bed of everything else. I had originally thought that I may not wear this as a fragrance, but I can certainly see using it for intent.

Then as it dried down it just got more lovely, soft and powdery and I'm finding I really like it quite a bit :)

I would Love Love Love this if not for the Jasmine.

Sometimes I just can't do it. I love everything else about this, all the other notes, how they work together, the phero, everything else! But Jasmine can smell so pooey on me sometimes, and this is one of those times. Occasionally I can do it, but here the indole never fades off. It actually amps on my skin and yuk. I wore this to bed last night and tried my best to mentally put that offender out of my mind. But, it just continued to waft past my nose. :(

Every other note was fine, some of my favs. but sadly I found myself thinking I about poop.

This is nice! I never tried the last version of To Soothe a Broken Heart. To me, this is a soothing, pillowy herbal scent that straddles being feminine and masculine. It's definitely more on the fem side of the spectrum, but something about this is giving me scent memory of what I guy I knew would wear. (He was super cute, so that makes the scent memory even better) I tested this on a tissue, since I'm avoiding pheros right now... So I can't say what my chemistry would do to this. I might still get a bottle for future use. I want to wear this when I'm having a crappy day, cuddle up in a cozy sweater and drink hot tea.

As far as the notes I'm smelling, I can't really pick one out individually. Maybe the powdery oak moss, the hint of chamomile, the lavender and jasmine aren't piercing. This is really lovely. Nurturing and gentle and would be great for snuggles.

I like this. It is a powdery floral on me, a hint of sweetness from the Jasmine but not over the top. I am wary of Lavender scents because often that is ALL I can smell but this Lavender mixes nicely with the rest. It is soothing. It is incredibly soft with a more personal feel. I don't think it would carry very far away from you unless you slathered on a lot but I think this scent is more for the wearer than for others anyway so that is perfect.

I kind of want a nice warm blanket and some tea now.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I can recall of the original version, this is nearly identical. I normally don't prefer a camphor-like type of lavender but this one works really well with the other notes to produce a kind of herbal-resinous vibe which reminds me of scents like Heart's Ease and Pillow Stuffing. It's very calming and I think it would be perfect for bedtime or any time you just want to unplug and chill out.

Totally forgot this had pheros, I might have waited until I was better to test but oh well! It's kind of green like flower stems. It develops into more than that but I'm having a hard time with it, I can't pick out individual notes. I'll look at the list above and see if it helps! Hmm, okay I'd guessed some lily, and lavender but I was only right on one. It's very balanced then, nothing stands out above the others much. It's nicer after the first 20 minutes, being lower in pitch but only slightly and still green like live greenery.

Edited by cinnamonmel

I have the original and this is pretty dead-on in comparison (maybe a tad sweeter), and with Balm Bomb! It's definitely a cousin to New with that same soft, relaxing, pleasantly powdery feel. Even though I technically have enough of the first version I may need the phero-ed version, because Balm Bomb really does calm me down. It

• 1 month later...

Just got my trial of this one and have had it on my wrist for about 1 1/2 hrs.

It's quite medicinal so far. I can pick up the Oakmoss and what I think is Frankincense but I'm not getting much floral. I might give it a few days in case of travel shock and see what it's like when it's settled.

• 3 months later...

I have worn this while working for the last few days. I still love the scent and balm bomb was very helpful in making sure that I didn't kill anyone. (A few cases would have been justifiable homicide)

I have worn this while working for the last few days. I still love the scent and balm bomb was very helpful in making sure that I didn't kill anyone. (A few cases would have been justifiable homicide)

IKR

My children owe a few peaceful nights to Balm Bomb. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...

I love this scent and wish I hadn't waited so long to try it! It feels exactly like the name...soothing to a broken heart. I wish I knew better how to describe how it smells, I'm very body-oriented and I can say I feel very girly and Victorian and summery wearing this. I spritzed it before bedtime, a bit on my pillow, and I felt like I was slipping into a soft, magical coccoon surrounded by tiny sparkling fairies. The jasmine and lavender really hit me, feeling ethereal while the amber makes it feel nice and grounded. I didn't notice the frankincense much and I'm glad because I don't care for it and was a little wary of both frank and amber in the same blend. Although I can't say I could identify marigold, I do wonder if it's what makes this feel "sparkly", or if it's the Balm Bomb. Either way, this one is a WIN and I'm so happy I finally discovered a light floral from LPMP that doesn't turn to a cloying powdery mess on my skin. The other one that stays light and airy on me, is Star Power so I will review that in a bit, as well.

This is lovely. I have a bottle of the original, that I added Teddy BB to, so I think the soothing pheros work great with this one. I wear it to bed a lot. I agree with Hearts, it's *almost* masculine. Not so much that I feel weird wearing it, but enough to be comforted, like there's a nice-smelling guy around. The lavender has the herb-y feel, without being camphorous. The jasmine isn't stabby. I think this is a beautiful version

I have a trial vial that I think I need to put to use. The dark half of the year is nearly here, I have some sadness in my heart over various things, and dammit, I could use some of this. Don't know if I have ever mentioned it, but most of my closet friends have been, and are men. This has always been mostly true. Women seem to mistrust me, which offends me since I have a very strong sense of honor and am not at all competitive. It has taken many years, but now this is fine. I understand that this is not my problem, but theirs. I am sad that I have missed out on so much of the sisterhood that many women enjoy, but I am ok with it, but it has conditioned me to feel that when I feel the need for this sort of comfort, that I am being a wuss. I don't feel that OTHER women are when they need such reassurance, but when it comes to myself, I am a bit less forgiving to say the least. I suppose this comes from having so many male friends. Whatever.. I need this.

Rose, I can't see why that would be the case at all and I'm sure I'm not alone here. :)

I think many people have gone through that on and off in their lives. It's tough. I don't know what the initial hitch is but I know once that's past most gals would love you. :)

Maybe it's time for a little social experiment.

Have you tried G2 or Girl/Girl? Strictly as socials, they are softeners with other women. Sort of the Girls Just Want to Have Fun vibe.

It's really helped me with some old friends and family members.

My TH + Est mix is also amazing in this area. First off TH is what I affectionately call the "Bitch Whisperer" another fav is the "Crone Clamer"

But, if you want to soften it just a bit add a little EST. I'd say an ideal ratio is 80% TH 20% EST.

Balm Bomb is amazing and is also a good one when the girls are grumpy or stand off'ish.

Try TSABH & BD for a bit and see what your results are. :heart:

• 5 months later...

This is nice! I never tried the last version of To Soothe a Broken Heart. To me, this is a soothing, pillowy herbal scent that straddles being feminine and masculine. It's definitely more on the fem side of the spectrum, but something about this is giving me scent memory of what I guy I knew would wear.

I agree with this. It's on the feminine side of unisex to me. When I applied this when I first got it, it was on for a while, and after I washed my hands, what was left was a cologne-y sort of scent.

Applied it this morning because the day started off on the wrong foot. It is indeed helping to calm me. Re: the scent, it was a bit too pointy for me, but adding a bit of Caramel Musk and a bit of honey softened it a bit, and I'm comfortable with how it smells now.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 months later...

I've taken to wearing some of this when around high-strung family members who needlessly stress themselves out and stress out everyone else in turn. When I've worn this, it has kept things calm between everyone. I still have yet to see how it prepares me for bedtime, which is maybe the more obvious usage, ha, but so far it's performing well in the "family difficulty" arena :P