OCCO: Ambrosia 2015 w/ EoW Copulins

AD-OccoAmbrosia2015_1.jpg

The 2015 version is a variant of our variant as most of the original ingredients have been replaced over time, but it remains the perfect cover for EoW Copulins: each bottle contains 30 drops of Cops, but with no bleed-thru - even when freshly-applied you can slather with confidence!

MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.

CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
CHOCOLATE & COCOA ABSOLUTE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Essence of Woman (EoW) Copulins ~ Strong and immediate sexual attraction.

Already ordered a few FBs of this. I have faith that Mara' s reformulation will be beautifully done. OCCO Ambrosia has by far become one of my fave LP s. And as a perfume on its own, it has for me, surpassed OCCO Gold and OCCO White. The exception to this would be with layering. For that, OCCO White and Gold still work best for me. Ambrosia is just too beautiful for me to want to cover or alter it in any way. I hope those of you who have not tried it love it as much as I do. It always feels like sunshine in a bottle to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first package of this month's goodies today! So excited! So the first LP I had to try was this one. I was dying to know what the most recent incarnation of this smelled like! My impressions are as follows: Upon opening the bottle, it was a full ON cherry bomb! One serious blast of cherry in my face, which is never something I will complain about. I closed it and shook it really well, then put some on each wrist. Yep. Very cherry! I kept doing the nose to wrist shuffle, huffing and checking out how it was morphing. Mara did have to use a different vanilla in this version, as we all know. It is much more full bodied, richer and an extremely warm vanilla. As it unfolded, it remained beautiful, but on my skin, the fruits dissipated a good deal. It was sort of similar to what I experienced with Spring's Lusty Cherry. The vanilla in this reminds me very much of the darker vanilla paste in SLC. This is a lovely vanilla, but on my skin, it seems to somehow make the fruits difficult to detect, at least I THINK it is this vanilla. I could be wrong. From what I experienced, I would compare this year's Ambrosia to last year's this way, last year's was a light, sweet, fruity, sunny, vanilla blend. On me, this year's is less about sunny and more about WARMTH. It is very much like LPO on me and I do adore LPO. It could very well be the travel shock or the fact that it needs some time to age and temper for the fruit notes to really come forth and remain on me. This is beautiful. I do not regret buying a few FB s at all, but I would love for either the fruit to overcome its shyness, or for the vanilla to be a bit less dominant. For those of you who fear patchouli, I would put your fears to rest by saying, "Do not let that put you off! It is there, but only lightly and in a way which helps to build that full bodied aspect that I mentioned." Also worth noting is the longevity of this one. It lasts really well, which as much as I adore last year's Ambrosia, I can not credit it with lasting power on my skin. Not that this ever dissuaded me for a moment! I am going to let this sit a while and try again, at which time, I will be sure to post results. I do think that if you were looking forward to this version that you should definitely try it!

I just got mine too and in the bottle I also got the cherry bomb smell. YUM!!! I haven't tried it yet though. I'm so excited to read your review, Rose, because Spring's Lusty Cherry and LPO are two of my very favs so even w/o actually trying this myself yet, I am so happy I got a FB! ?

I get strong maraschino cherry and nose tingly patch. This does not have the same weight as previous versions. Sadly the patch kills it for me even though I thought I could handle it wet.

Yes. The first thing I noticed was the "weight" and depth. On my skin, this version is lighter and a bit more sheer'ish. The CHERRY just bursts fourth and there's a wait for it to calm down. The Patch is also more noticeable. But I don't feel overwhelmed with it. It also fades back and blends in well.

I get the tiniest whiff of the cocoa ab. I'm sure that with time, as with the other editions, the remaining notes will come forward.

I think those two notes just spike a bit more because this version is lighter on me. Those do fade back and it plays out as a sweet lighter OCCo Ambrosia. I still like it but it is somewhat different in texture than the predecessors

Edited by StacyK

Initial impression strong maraschino cherry w juicy fruit not a distinctive mango but a mix of mango and vanilla which instantly reminds of ambrosio dessert salad, delicious slather on scent there is a hint of patch but cherry is still prominant even after it fades after drydown. I could see myself reapplying just to get that maraschino note! Yummy.

Fooled me! This mystery cherry steals the show for me :), I like it straight from the vial esp, prob cause my skin is devouring this scent (and many others) like crazy in this summer heat, my samples won't last till the end of the week.

It was sort of similar to what I experienced with Spring's Lusty Cherry. The vanilla in this reminds me very much of the darker vanilla paste in SLC.

Yeah I agree, there is a similarity there - not on purpose, but I think as a result of combining the vanilla bean and the cherry.

I think this one probably needs to age and meld before it starts resembling earlier versions (if it does), right now it's very intense and kinda boozy and in your face.

I really like this 'vintage' of OA... but it doesn't last on me long at all. I'm definitely going to need to layer this one with something else yummy to help it hang on.

I do get the major cherry wet... then a nutty vanilla... then the patch arrives and runs everything else off. But even the patch doesn't stay long on me.

Still, a BIG fan of OCCO Ambrosia. Improves my mood during the dog days of summer in Texas :hammock1:

Guest cutie.pie

I really liked LP Rouge... But as it aged there was a note I didn't like that really stood out. Well, after applying OCCO the same note appeared again, and now I know my skin doesn't like patch :( And this lovely potion is all about the patch on my skin...

I have samples of OCCO Ambrosia from 2012, 2013, and 2014 (a bottle of 2014) but this one is really different!! With this one, I really get the chocolate/cocoa!! The mango and cherry are there in the vial, and there's still cherry on my skin... but the chocolate/cocoa makes it smell more like Special D or like Rose said, Spring's Lusty Cherry... I love it!

I have samples of OCCO Ambrosia from 2012, 2013, and 2014 (a bottle of 2014) but this one is really different!! With this one, I really get the chocolate/cocoa!! The mango and cherry are there in the vial, and there's still cherry on my skin... but the chocolate/cocoa makes it smell more like Special D or like Rose said, Spring's Lusty Cherry... I love it!

Finally, someone else noticed that too!

I get the chocolate more as well. I went back to look and '13 & '14 list "cocoa absolute" only. '15 lists "chocolate & Cocoa Absolute". I think the extra chocolate adds to the extra patch effect on my skin. Not really in a bad way. It's just I'm thinking gee I'm getting so much more patch but if I really smell it I'm smelling a patch/chocolate thing and the big cherry on top.

The cherry note is similar to Springs Lusty but other than that I don't get any similarity, primarily because of the chocolate. So the chocolate/cocoa and the general weight & depth of the vanilla (this feels sheer'ish on me) are the big changes on my skin.

It's just noticeably different.

If I judge it on it's own merits w/o comparisons I find I like it fine. I'll definitely grab a bottle before I regret missing it. :) IMO

Edited by StacyK

Finally, someone else noticed that too!

I did actually note that it is a chocolate-cherry in the description.

Well, this isn't the same as my beloved original Ambrosia. Luckily I have a huge hoard of the the last three versions. I do like this one okay. Wet, it is a very gorgeous chocolate cherry with some zingy ginger. Dry down is much more patch-y than I like. And I'm not getting any mango I don't think.

If the patch didn't take over the dry down I would be in love. I love the chocolate-cherry in the beginning.

I tried this today and as it dried down it turned into super patch and plastic on me. My skin chemistry cound be causing the weird reaction or maybe it needs to age more. I didn't really try the 2014 right away so I'm hoping that letting this one age is all I need to do. I'll set it aside for awhile.

In the vial, it smells very similar to the previous two OCCO: Ambrosias. First on, I get a blast of chocolate cherry. After a few minutes, the thick richness lightens up as the mango comes out. The cherry is fresh and mildly sweet. In the previous versions, the cocoa absolute melded with the patchouli and made an excellent base to the bright fruits. In this one, the chocolate is much more present, more of a main character as opposed to the stage crew. Sadly, my skin amps chocolate, and I get more and more of that as this wears on. I guess the brightness of the maraschino cherries in the earlier brews were able to overcome this on me but not this cherry. It is a very lovely variant, though. Different enough (to my nose, anyway) to justify getting a new bottle!

I think the slightly more prominent chocolate note is the reason I might need a bottle of this brew! I still have a bottle of the original, which is, blessedly, all mango all the time, and seems to blend perfectly with so many fruity/floral scents. But I like the character of this one! I don't think it'll be as versatile in mixing with the scents I normally wear, but it strikes me as one I'd wear all by itself, because it just smells delicious - chocolaty with a fruity edge, and it still has that beautiful, light summery vibe.

Someone - Hearts, I think? - had a bottle of Ambrosia boosted with Lace way back when. If I had boosting funds available, I'd probably boost this one with Lace.

I never had the opportunity to experience the original version, but this year's version is interesting and warm. At first, it is the scent that matches the liquor-filled chocolates our pals bring us from Europe, all boozy and fruity and chocolate-dipped. As the dry down begins, the ginger and patch (I think), come forward and the fruits disappear. The chocolate and boozy vanilla settle in for the ride. For a few moments the patch tries to get put of control, but calms down and backs away, leaving a darkened ginger. After dry down, I cannot pick out any one note...warm and a little spicy, with a little something tickling at the bridge of my nose. I like this, but at the end of the day, I will let the Ambrosia fiends grab these.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2015 edition is pure cherry on me. I sniff for the mango, but can't get any. The previous edition had the whole scent bouquet for me, so I pine for it a bit. Still, the cherry is delicious, and the Ambrosia is still my very favourite OCCO. Hides the cops perfectly, it can go lavishly on wrists, inner arms, knees, cleavage. A little wiggle, a bit of hand waving, and you can just watch the prey wander into your cherry trap...

:lol:

Hmm, I hadn't noticed much of a difference between the brews of Ambrosia. I guess I'm not a true Ambrosia fiend, lol.

• 2 months later...

This one is very cocoa forward in the vial compared to the 2014s full blast vanilla cherry

It definitely reads LPO on me but with the cherry reaching out a little, it's a gives off a warming feel to it. Once it's dry it's gone :c

I do get faint whiffs of vanilla mango and cocoa wafting but right now my skin is just eating this up, I might have to retry this one another time. I think I'm coming down with the cold so that might just skew my reviews lol

• 2 months later...

I had been on the fence when deciding whether to order a trial of this, but I'm so glad I did! I had mixed feelings at first--the cherry seemed too sweet and dominant, but after it settled and the chocolate (and a bit of the mango) came through, it was so delectable! :Emoticons0086:

• 3 months later...

At first, on my skin this one is a blast of chocolate and cherry. Smells quite candy-like. Within an hour the fruitiness is almost gone and all that's left is an unpleasant chocolate and patch smell. Disappointing. :( Another hour later and the chocolate is mostly gone and some of the fruit has come out again, but the patch is still overwhelming the other notes. I wonder if the earlier versions of OCCO Ambrosia would have worked better with my skin chemistry because this one just doesn't want to behave for me.

Edited by Juliana

• 3 months later...

I am late to the game on this one considering the 2016 version has been released already, but I saved this for summer from last year. I am actually glad I have 2015, since I have read that 2016 is less cherry forward and more mango. I am all for cherry.

Upon application, I get a boozy chocolate cherry blast with some mango mixed in. The mango really pops out after 5 minutes on and then that's all I really smell. I do get some creaminess and the spiciness of the ginger, but the mango stays with an ever so small hint of plastic (mango does this on me). I am not a big fan of mango in general. Even a mango smoothie can smell sour to me and that's what I think the mango in this scent smells like on me a little.

For the drydown, I am left with patch which is something I do not mind in the least. In fact, I got the "I smell incense" comment from someone. I never admit it's me. :Emoticons0424:

I wish the initial fruity blast could stick around and just kind of mellow rather than fade. The whole fragrance just fades in general on me after a while, but I have faith that those cops are still working. It's a nice summer fruity OCCO.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally joined team ambrosia, how easy is it to OD on this? I really want to slather and reapply but I'm afraid of overloading on cops.

It took me almost a year to like this, though the 2016 version is much more mango and somehow dries down to more of a clean fruit on me. I'd prefer not to overdo it but my skin seems to eat the fragrance. ( both versions ) wishing there was a NOCCO for this.

• 2 weeks later...

After aging for several months, this is still mostly juicy cherry on me, with a bit of mango and just a whiff of chocolate. Very nice, but sometimes this overwhelms whichever fruit scent I've paired with it. I've made a sniffee vial of this mixed with a bit of OCCO White and that takes it down a notch for when I really want the other scent I'm wearing to shine.