Sophia's Soliloquy of Lady Macbeth

Beccah

AD-PE-LadyMacBeth.jpg

Sophia chose her ingredients well for her "seductive attraction potion". This one is filled with dark womanly sex appeal and determination for sure! Black orchid and tuberose over dirtiest honey, mouth watering vanilla and a drop of amber. I may have to steal one of these for myself. Divine!

• 2 weeks later...

I can see why PM kept a bottle of this! Everything is very well blended, no one note sticks out to me. Even the dirty honey is behaving itself for me. Usually, I amp dirty kinds of honey & they go to smelling extremely musky. The amber does lend a slight incense vibe to me.

I thought I ruined this by adding cops but within 5 minutes....glorious tuberose mellowed by honey and barely there vanilla. This needs to rest but this floral hater is bewitched by this.

Drat-I am amping the cops

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

Lisa I seem to recall people mentioning that after spiking something with cops, they like to let it sit and think about things for a while - I want to say up to like a week? and then it covers better.

Oooh this is gorgeous! This also reminds me of Crayons: Carbon Black in that it has that deep dark exotica of the black orchid note, melding with smutty honey. That and the bit of amber give it a near-SLF impression. There is a bit of sweetness sort of slithering through it from the vanilla. I don't get the tuberose so much as itself, so I think the blending is what gives off that total fleshy decadence vibe. I would say if you love this sort of thing or you missed out on Carbon Black and wanted it, then you should definitely get this one.

OOOOOhhhh, this is DREAMY!!!! :Emoticons04235:

To me, this reminds me of my beloved Dance of Passion, the epitome of sexy orchid and honey, but it also reminds me a bit of Themyscira, maybe more due to the vanilla. In any case, if you loved either of these, you MUST have this Lady Macbeth!

This is GORGEOUS!!! I tested it the other night, but it was late and I fell asleep, lol. I put it on today, and at first I was worried, because on application, the honey was pretty dirty.. but after drydown, I get the velvety, dark orchid and a honeyed vanilla. I can't pick out the tuberose. Or the amber, really. It's definitely sexy, but I don't feel out of place here at work.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

My goodness. What is a black orchid and why is she so smutty? This is scary sexy. Like scary for real. Lemme ponder this for an hour or two.

Mara can clarify but although there are actual black orchids I believe that "black" orchid oil is usually an attar so there tend to be some darker notes within it.

Okay, so I watched the movie Lady Macbeth today, then put this on. So that possibly could've colored my reading of the scent as "scary," but I don't think so. My SO and I both noticed immediately that it smelled different from the bottle and on me when wet. I was thinking it wasn't going to work out, it was almost resinously dark. But then, one hour later, it was heaven. Continual self-huffing.Two hours later, I lavishly slathered again, same exact cycle. 

Love it. Next time I might dab a bit of Fairycake Tuberose to lessen the dirty dirty girl first hour vibe.

Lady MacBeth is the 3rd LovePotion I bought. Love it! I don’t find it too be as dark as people describe. I liked the label and the name, and from what little I knew about the ingredients, I took the plunge. I really wanted it to be good.

And it IS!!! I love it so much I want to get her Wayward Sisters for the same reason I originally wanted Macbeth. And save the bottles as curios.

Is Sophia part of this forum?

Damn. I've been wearing Friends and Lovers all day, but my jacket is wearing yesterday's Lady Macbeth, and I keep getting the best little trails of scent in the air. 

• 6 months later...

I would be apt to say Black, but maybe White if you don't want more resins.  I would think the Gold is a different type of honey than what is in the fragrance itself so they might not blend, possibly.

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

I would be apt to say Black, but maybe White if you don't want more resins.  I would think the Gold is a different type of honey than what is in the fragrance itself so they might not blend, possibly.

White, that would work for me. Thank you.

• 3 years later...

First on, I definitely amp this amber to high heavens cuz a dark powdery amber is all I smell, once it dries down it's a calmed down-crystal clear amber forward scent but there's something chewy, something minutely floral, something intoxicatingly alluring about it now that I just can't describe in a way that will do it any justice. 

Just....Filthy stinking rich lady smell, I am a definite fan and layering this with aja just amps it to another level, I'm obsessed!