Lala Gulaba

luna65

AD-LalaGulaba-LovePotion.jpg?v=7516fd43a

Lala Gulaba

A florid and vibrant fragrance blooms within the warmth of you…sensuous Indian rose attar, Indian red musk, and a variety of rosewood essential oils, with a scattering of russet autumn leaves and a layer of scrumptious buttery brown sugar cinnamon frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
INDIAN ROSE ATTAR~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
INDIAN RED MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ROSEWOOD ESSENTIAL OILS ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
RUSSET AUTUMN LEAVES ~ Endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Mara was doing a variation on the whole "Snow White and Rose Red" theme, one of my suggestions was to name this Rose Red in Hindu because the combination of notes sounded incredibly exotic to me and that's exactly what it is! So I'm congratulating myself on my astute choice, heh.
*pats self on the back*

How does it smell? Oh yes, it has an incense vibe but I would not call it "rose incense" exactly. It's a very deep decadent ornate rose - a rose perfect for wearing in Winter - with a very intense characteristic framed by the luxury of the other ingredients, although I really don't get much sweetness out of this, just sort of a tantalizing hint around the edges. But I do believe it embodies my description because I had a vision, when I first read Mara's notes, of a caravan traveling across a cold desolate wasteland when suddenly they hear music, and they smell something enticing upon the icy wind, and when they come into the mountains they see a riot of red, a city of tents, against the bleak monotony of the winter landscape. This is the scent of Rose Red: courtesan of comfort to weary travelers.

This is growing on me very quickly,even though it is not to my usual foody taste in scents.On me it is an incensy, almost floral...this is very sexy,hmmmmmm,no make that sensual... "silken folds and satin surfaces" <sigh>

Yoo hoo Mistress Liz,I do believe this one is calling your name :D

This is growing on me very quickly,even though it is not to my usual foody taste in scents.On me it is an incensy, almost floral...this is very sexy,hmmmmmm,no make that sensual... "silken folds and satin surfaces" <sigh>

Yoo hoo Mistress Liz,I do believe this one is calling your name :D

ya know....after I read Luna's review, I wondered if perhaps I should have gotten a sample of this one, but my "purse" would NOT permit :(

I'll have to order a sample next month

Thx for thinking of me Calii :Hug_emoticon:

ps: Calii, I need your mailing addy, please ! send it to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by liz

This is so weird. For some reason I don't really like this. I don't hate it, but I'm not fond of the rose in it, it's just too intense for me. The thing is that it acts like a pheromone! Seriously. I'll have to test for this effect again, but damn! Had an unexpected pop in from the MIL when I was wearing it & the entire visit was nice. My first recommendation would be to wear this unphero'd, but if you had to boost it I would suggest Open Windows ;)

I hate sandalwood/frank/myrrh, and yet hope springs eternal- I keep trying resiny things in the vain hope that one of them will somehow win me over. Well, this isn't the one. :'( This is VERY incensey on me, a burning sandalwood stick, just flavored with deep blood red rose and buttercream frosting. Very smooth- despite my incense hate, even I can appreciate how gorgeously this is put together... envy the many of you who will be able to love this...

ETA I had to do something but no time to scrub off properly, so slathered BBM over it.. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Edited by tyvey

K, it's official; this IS happiness in bottle. No pheromones necessary! The scent is growing on me, it's still not my fave but the aromatherapeutic benefits alone make it full bottle worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only yet tested this alongside 3 other ones, and I LOVE it. I'll come back and review better later, but today what this ended up as on me is a beautiful, understated, rose incense. Rose incense is excellent for me! It had a bit of the feel of the Sai Flora incense in the red packet. It morphed quickly and then just sort of hugged my arm. I kept snoofing it and thinking, "This is a real skin scent." It's warm and inviting and it stays close to me. Also, I'm with luna--this hung in there. I slathered with Extracurricular Proclivities this evening (which I also LOVE), and I can *still* smell a waft of the Lala Gulaba under it where I put the test patch. Wowsers!

:nice04271:

I am suprised i havent reviewed this yet. On wet i get a lot of the rose and it kind of had the feeling of Santa's Little Helper. My skin ate this one so quick though but i am thinking this is not a ravenwing scent even though i love love love roses.

sigh. i wanted to like this one

I've only yet tested this alongside 3 other ones, and I LOVE it. I'll come back and review better later, but today what this ended up as on me is a beautiful, understated, rose incense. Rose incense is excellent for me! It had a bit of the feel of the Sai Flora incense in the red packet. It morphed quickly and then just sort of hugged my arm. I kept snoofing it and thinking, "This is a real skin scent." It's warm and inviting and it stays close to me. Also, I'm with luna--this hung in there. I slathered with Extracurricular Proclivities this evening (which I also LOVE), and I can *still* smell a waft of the Lala Gulaba under it where I put the test patch. Wowsers!

:nice04271:

Today I'm wearing this without all the scent-neighbors from yesterday. In the vial, it smells warm and foody with a touch of rose--kind of a rose cookies scent. There's a warm smell to it that I get from some of Mara's other perfumes. I love this "note." Maybe it comes from amber, or a combination of a few things. Whenever it's in a 'fume, it bodes veeeeeery well for me!

Fresh on skin, the same. But it's not so much rose cookies as...roses, pastries, and resins. The warm note steps into the far background and turns into a foundation...or maybe a good pile of pillows on a chaise. Then the rose starts stepping forward, and the cookies and resins are right there behind her. And she takes a few more steps forward.

Then, when my skin really warms it, the rose is still on top, but everything else sort of clothes her. This is when I start getting some incense in the background, like there's some burning in another room. There's also a hint of woods--must be the rosewood. After a bit, the rose is a teeny bit more prominent, but I think it's really that the warm resinous clothing sort of slips off her shoulders a bit.

Finally, everything shifts to a beautiful blend, and this is pretty much how she stays.

:nice04271: There. NOW I feel like I've done Lala Gulaba some justice.

(I love that rose smiley!)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Ok, this potion is, I think, the sexiest one out of the Christmas releases....it is not my type of scent, but I do appreciate its beauty...on the other hand my sister totally fell for it... On her it smells quite creamy, I even thought there was some Vanilla in it, but there isn't...

On her all I could smell was a vanilla red rose, a very creamy one by the way....I didn't detect any incense on her...And the cinnamon was very subtle,but its the rose that's very dominant... I think the rose in this potion is not the vintage soapy kind of rose, and its not a young tangy rose either, but I would say something more in between...

According to my my sis, this one lasts longer on her than Frosted and that one lasts and lasts....

Edited by Gabylicious

I am not going to give up on this one yet. because I want to love it. I am due to start PMS so things get all weird on me.

When I first tried this I LOVED it. It was rose heaven for me.. Then I retested and it gave me a headache the incense was loud and it did not do well with the Rhea I had or the hangover.. so I am going to wait a week and retest, because Lala I know I love you, we jut had a rough night there.

But initially when I first tried it was creamy rose heaven.. not too incensy. So I shall wait and retry.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

WHAT. HAS. HAPPENED?!

I was digging through some of last years winter type scents because all of a sudden it has turned winter here.:(

I only tried this once when it came out because I hated it...it was all incense and there was too many others I liked, never went back to it. I've always loved the label and name though so (feeling quite exotic yesterday) I threw it on before I could talk myself out of it.

It is totally different than I remember. As I was enjoying it I couldn't figure out why it smelled so foody on me (I didn't remember any foody vibe last year, just incense). The brown sugar is amping big time on me now. It is just the right balance of the the exotic resins, just a TOUCH of rose on me (which I normally don't go for...it is not annoyingly powdery) and the yummy brown sugar. I couldn't stop smelling myself last night and I put some on this morning too just to make sure I remembered correctly. I love this scent now.

If you haven't tried this since last year, and you didn't think you liked it then...try it again!!

This is what I say about all of them; we get them freshly-brewed so it's not fair to make a snap judgment based on a first sniff/wear.

I'm planning on wearing it this week, as it is a definite resinous rose!

This is what I say about all of them; we get them freshly-brewed so it's not fair to make a snap judgment based on a first sniff/wear.

I'm planning on wearing it this week, as it is a definite resinous rose!

How do I always forget this?! I guess because I am always in such a rush to buy the ones I love at first sniff. I need a whole new system of putting away samples to try next year. But last year you could not have convinced me I would love this this much.

Oh and Beccah is right on with the pheromonal qualities of this! Today is a blah, no plans, don't want to do anything day but since I put this on I am in such a sparkly mood! I streamed a fun Christmas romance movie this morning, and made fun plans to take Michael ,Abby and Stacks to the fancy dog park! And I picked out a soup recipe to make for the weekend.

What has become of me? I HAVE BEEN LALA GULABA'ED!!!!!!!

So I completely expected Michael to hate La La G but I had to wear it anyway. I was so surprised when he jumped in the truck and said "Mmmm!" in a positive manner. He has a habit of proclaiming most Lp's either "incense" or "soap". Unless they are very fruity or vanilla-ey. So I thought he would gag on the incense factor. Nope! He said he definitely liked it and when I asked what he thought it smelled like he said "A pocket full of Posies!"

Whatever that means...he meant well!

How do I always forget this?! I guess because I am always in such a rush to buy the ones I love at first sniff. I need a whole new system of putting away samples to try next year. But last year you could not have convinced me I would love this this much.

Oh and Beccah is right on with the pheromonal qualities of this! Today is a blah, no plans, don't want to do anything day but since I put this on I am in such a sparkly mood! I streamed a fun Christmas romance movie this morning, and made fun plans to take Michael ,Abby and Stacks to the fancy dog park! And I picked out a soup recipe to make for the weekend.

What has become of me? I HAVE BEEN LALA GULABA'ED!!!!!!!

Ooh, off to slather my sample right now. It was so weird to me, I was meh about the scent but it makes feel super shiny happy. I can't wait to see how it's evolved.

So I completely expected Michael to hate La La G but I had to wear it anyway. I was so surprised when he jumped in the truck and said "Mmmm!" in a positive manner. He has a habit of proclaiming most Lp's either "incense" or "soap". Unless they are very fruity or vanilla-ey. So I thought he would gag on the incense factor. Nope! He said he definitely liked it and when I asked what he thought it smelled like he said "A pocket full of Posies!"

Whatever that means...he meant well!

Stop making me want new perfumes! I've already got Marigold and Amaranth coming to me :lol:

DAMMIT TO HELL I TRADED THIS AWAY INTO THE ATMOSPHERE...

but Usually Rose Attars are too pointy on me and Incense is all Popey on me.. yes that's it. I prob will smell like Juan Diego sweating in church during the breaking of the bread or something churchy and attar-y like that

Stop making me want new perfumes! I've already got Marigold and Amaranth coming to me :lol:

As you should!!! M & A is pure happiness in a bottle!!

And La La is just pure happiness in a different bottle!!

DAMMIT TO HELL I TRADED THIS AWAY INTO THE ATMOSPHERE...

but Usually Rose Attars are too pointy on me and Incense is all Popey on me.. yes that's it. I prob will smell like Juan Diego sweating in church during the breaking of the bread or something churchy and attar-y like that

I tell you, the incense took a pew in the back and brown sugar stepped up to the alter!!!!

Yes, as this has aged almost a whole year now it is definitely different! The frosting aspect is much stronger in the beginning and it's not till the drydown that the other notes come along and blend beautifully. I loved it then, I love it now!

Yes, as this has aged almost a whole year now it is definitely different! The frosting aspect is much stronger in the beginning and it's not till the drydown that the other notes come along and blend beautifully. I loved it then, I love it now!

YES! That is how it is turning out on me now. I just adore it now!!! Another beautiful bottle coming my way...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ring Around the Rosie has interesting origins..it came about in the 1300's during the time of the bubonic plauge. The "ring" refers to the rash people would get as a first symptom of it,and the "posies" refer to the habit of carrying flowers as a form of protection from disease back then. "Ashes" can either have a cremation reference,or less obviously,reference to the sound of sneezing. "We all fall down"=die.

A tad morbid, but,the more you know, right?

So far I've only tested this one, but its crazy familiar to me. It smells like an incense I've either had or have...or something. I'll give it a full review soon. So far I really love it!

Ring Around the Rosie has interesting origins..it came about in the 1300's during the time of the bubonic plauge. The "ring" refers to the rash people would get as a first symptom of it,and the "posies" refer to the habit of carrying flowers as a form of protection from disease back then. "Ashes" can either have a cremation reference,or less obviously,reference to the sound of sneezing. "We all fall down"=die.

A tad morbid, but,the more you know, right?

Not according to snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/rosie.asp

• 1 year later...

AD-LalaGulaba-LovePotion_1.jpg

INDIAN ROSE ATTAR~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
INDIAN RED MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
ROSEWOOD ESSENTIAL OILS ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
RUSSET AUTUMN LEAVES ~ Endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing

I know this is sold out, but I *need* to have the notes for scents in the review threads now, lol. Anyway, with aging this has become distinctly more floral in a rose way. When I first got this the cinnamon & brown sugar were overwhelming the rest of the notes for me, but it has developed a lot of complexity with aging. I really wish I had gone full bottle with this one.

• 3 years later...

AD-LalaGulaba-LovePotion_1.jpg

INDIAN ROSE ATTAR~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

INDIAN RED MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing

I know this is sold out, but I *need* to have the notes for scents in the review threads now, lol. Anyway, with aging this has become distinctly more floral in a rose way. When I first got this the cinnamon & brown sugar were overwhelming the rest of the notes for me, but it has developed a lot of complexity with aging. I really wish I had gone full bottle with this one.

Beccah, thanks for adding notes. I'm going on a trip and have a million things to do, so in the interest of procrastinating, I'm trying to recreate what Luna has on today. For no real logical reason, other than I hate doing laundry and talking to houssitters and packing and paying bills and blah blah blah.

Luna, as far as recreating this goes, Im thinking of Irish Rose, OCCO Black, LP Black, Wicked, Desp & Djinn, Feed the Flowers, Blessing Oil 2015, and/or Ashes to Dust? You don't really need to reply, i just like picking your brain, and it helps me put off packing a little longer. I also need to pick a swimsuit and that will NOT be fun.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 year later...

"When two perfumes love each other very much..."

Basically, on me, this is like a rose attar and LP: Red had a baby. Wet, I get a few seconds of a dryish rose and then LP: Red. Or, rather, similar to LP: Red, but perhaps with a little less depth and less throw. Definitely minus the patch. It's also a little lighter with a hint of the rose providing a sheer, almost powdery dustiness on top. The long, long drydown is a dusky, musky rose with a light LP: Red background. I think it might be the cinnamon that is giving me such strong LP: Red vibes, but I'm not sure. But it really is like they had a baby. Not so much combining them, but taking aspects of each and weaving them together to form a new whole. It's an intriguing, sensuous scent.