Crayons: Gamboge w/Levitation

AD-Gamboge_1.jpg

PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection. Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
COPAL ~ Love, purification, cleansing.

I'm guessing with the fruit and vanilla it's going to be sweet, fruity, a little sticky and probably a nice cop cover. It has a Copal base which is a young amber (basically), but a little lighter. I like the addition of the floral note. Can't wait for the sampler.

Velvet & Steal is a pineapple forward tropical musk type of scent.

Edited by StacyK

Nope, it's very Pineapple/Vanilla...with just a tiny floral hint to bring out the tropical aspect. But NO coconut. I wanted sunny, without the suntan oil. It's a great mix! Everything is tart and fresh, even the copal is lemony smelling.

I'm really excited about this one! My skin tends to eat citrus, but I've never tried a pineapple scent before...does anyone know how is the staying power is with pineapple? I adore levitation, the self effects I get from it are amazing!

It really depends on one's chemistry in terms of how long a scent can "stick" usually.

eta, I don't see the thread for Gypsum White.

I moved it into this subforum.

It has a Copal base which is a young amber (basically), but a little lighter.

I know that's what some kinds of copal are called, but that's not what all of them are like.

Yes, copal and amber are related just so, but in the perfume industry it's not always that straightforward. What *I* call amber is tree resins, from all different kinds of trees, citrus included. Most of the "copal" resin oils I have are on the lemony side...some are a little woodier. This one is lemony, as it fit with the scent. Some people and manufacturers define amber oil as a (whale) ambergris substitute and blend various things to make them smell like that, which to my nose is more of an animalic musk smell than a plant origin resin smell. (I classify those as musks, regardless of what the manufacturer might call it). Using my definition of amber, it can be derived from many different types of trees and I can often smell the type of tree source in the amber oil....pine and citrus varieties pop nicely.

My skin burns up citrus notes pretty quickly too, that's why I double-reinforce :lol: the citrus notes with things like lemony copal and pineapple and other tart fruits to help them last longer.

Yes, copal and amber are related just so, but in the perfume industry it's not always that straightforward. What *I* call amber is tree resins, from all different kinds of trees, citrus included. Most of the "copal" resin oils I have are on the lemony side...some are a little woodier. This one is lemony, as it fit with the scent. Some people and manufacturers define amber oil as a (whale) ambergris substitute and blend various things to make them smell like that, which to my nose is more of an animalic musk smell than a plant origin resin smell. (I classify those as musks, regardless of what the manufacturer might call it). Using my definition of amber, it can be derived from many different types of trees and I can often smell the type of tree source in the amber oil....pine and citrus varieties pop nicely.

My skin burns up citrus notes pretty quickly too, that's why I double-reinforce :lol: the citrus notes with things like lemony copal and pineapple and other tart fruits to help them last longer.

Thanks Mara. That's a lot of good info.

OMG MAJOR LOVE FOR THIS ONE!

This is like Dole Whip, creamy and tangy and bright, yum! I get just a whiff of the plumeria (doing the fruit punch thing on me) but it's primarily the pineapple-vanilla swirled around with additional tangyness from the other notes. A perfect scent for Levitation, totally cute and upbeat.

This is such a beautiful pineapple scent! It is juicy and light in essence, but chewy in texture. (I swear my brain signals are crossed because scents often feel like textures.) I'm wondering if it's the copal making it have a solid feel instead of wispy. Whatever it is I friggin' love it! This does wear close to the skin and the pineapple stays longer than other pineapple scents I have worn. OMG, this would be fantastic in an oil and a spray!

(I swear my brain signals are crossed because scents often feel like textures.)

No this is rather common, actually; scent is the most evocative of the senses and can often have that effect - certain notes/accords are meant to have an aura of weight and/or texture to them.

I am in love with this one wet. Luna is right it is exactly like Dole Whip. Light fluffy creamy pineapple. Copal and I don't always get along though. It just goes a bit sharp on me. Almost burnt. I will have to give this a proper trial when I am not wearing anything else instead of judging it on just wearing it on my forefinger. LOL. If you are scared of the floral like I was, don't be. It just adds a lightness. No stabbiness at all.

Have I missed out on a critical part of Americana?

What is Dole Whip?

Edited by StacyK

What is Dole Whip?

I was wondering the same thing! Never heard of Dole Whip before.

I was picturing those plastic tubs of fake whipped cream and ... :Emoticons04280:

:lol:

What is Dole Whip?

It's soft serve pineapple ice cream/sherbet kind of stuff. I love it with chocolate topping.

It originated at Disneyland, although I've had it in Hawaii as well.

I was wondering the same thing! Never heard of Dole Whip before.

I was picturing those plastic tubs of fake whipped cream and ... :Emoticons04280:

:lol:

Thank you all for clearing that up! I was thinking - cool whip, maybe a flavored form I'd not heard about???? And wondering HOW I didn't ever see it before! :D

That is MAD crazy! How can I not have ever heard of this before???:lol:

If you like pineapple, it's amazing. I went to Disney a lot as a kid being from California. My great uncle owned the motel directly across the street from the Disneyland entrance and he would let my parents go into the rooms after guests checked out and pick up all the tickets that were left behind. Yes, I am that old that it was when Disney still ran on tickets! So we went at least once a week when I was little. I LOVE Dole Whip. It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Yes, I am that old that it was when Disney still ran on tickets! So we went at least once a week when I was little. I LOVE Dole Whip. It is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Me too! And yes, that's my childhood except my grandmother and great aunt took me about once a month.

Me too! And yes, that's my childhood except my grandmother and great aunt took me about once a month.

I love it! Did your dad take you to baseball games? My dad took me to Angels games all the time. My great grandparents lived a few blocks away. My mom was a beach girl. We lived and hung out in Huntington Beach. My other early childhood favorite treat was smoothies from the back of surf shops. Then we moved to Indiana and people were like WTF are smoothies?

I never knew my father. I didn't start going to baseball games until I was much older, I dated someone who is a major Dodgers fan, so we went to every home game and a few local away games (Angels and Padres). But I grew up further inland that you did, my mom and I spent a week at Laguna Beach every summer because she had a friend who owned a mobile home near Crescent Bay. It was in a park right on the beach, that was back before the Bureau of Land Management made all the beaches public.

That sucks about your dad :( We spent a lot of time in Laguna Beach too. I had family in Redondo and Newport too. My grandparents lived in almost every beach town too. My favorite was their place in Manhattan Beach.

OMG THIS WET IS AMAZING!! Pineapple plumeria clouds of heaven! I totally love this, then I went back for more and it's starting to smell a little boozy on me! Went in a third time and it smells like whipped cream? Totally a morpher - but I think this is def full bottle. I love the LEV and this is a good scent for it.

I love it! Did your dad take you to baseball games? My dad took me to Angels games all the time. My great grandparents lived a few blocks away. My mom was a beach girl. We lived and hung out in Huntington Beach. My other early childhood favorite treat was smoothies from the back of surf shops. Then we moved to Indiana and people were like WTF are smoothies?

Smoothies?? Ha Ha

When I first moved from Ca I had similar experiences. ;)

This scent is absolutely delightful! Never having experienced Dole Whip, the description you guys are giving is this scent in a nutshell. Pineapple and papaya usually go haywire with my skin chemistry, but my chemistry is contentedly purring over this crayon.

I want a whole box of this crayon!

I've never heard of Dole Whip either but I think i need it in my life!!

This is gorgeous. Gorgeous!! It's sweet pineapple with a punch of tartness from the papaya. The plumeria is right there underneath giving it a dark pink and soft sweetness. It keeps the whole thing from being too fruity sweet. I don't get vanilla until a ways into the dry down, and this thing turns into a pineapple fluff. I agree with the others, a perfect carrier for Levitation.