Aliya w/ Audacious

AD-Aliya_1.jpg

PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is, of course, very peach forward. I'm getting peach and vanilla cream. At first, I thought the peaches would be a little more syrupy, like canned peaches but as it dried it sure is sour peach like described. Not too crazy about it. I dont think peach is my thing. I'll update a little later as time goes on, I only put this on about 20 minutes ago.

About an hour later the peach has died down, and is a hint with mostly musk.

Edited by belle-ville

I'm always up for a peaches-and-cream type of scent, and I really like this one. I usually worry about the dairy note/accord turning sour on me, but this is lovely, so smooth and sweet. The peach is very tangy at first, like that kind of green just-picked peach, but it plays well against the creamy backdrop and after about 20 minutes or so it backs off, mellows down to just a whisper of sweetness. What remains reminds me somewhat of the original LAM!/BAM! scent, though the honey note is not as strong, but it's the kind of thing you could wear either day or night, although it feels a bit more daytime to me. Definitely going on my list!

This was a surprise for me. I didn't expect to like it. Tart or green peach does not usually work for me. It can get pithy, ampy and intrusive.

While the peach dominates, it democratically allows the other notes shine through. The peach is firm. But, it's not super green on my skin. The honey is present and blends well throughout the scent.

It's a creamy, soft yet peach dominant scent.

Not one I'd think to associate with Audacious. But, it all somehow comes together.

I hate peaches and the smell of peaches. BUT, if I liked peaches, I would love this. For me it is a creamy, dreamy peach, not too tart or too bright. Even though I usually can't bear the wretched stench of peaches, I could wear this without wanting to claw my eyes out. Instead of jumping out at me like HELLO I AM PEACH NOTICE ME NOW DO YOU HAVE A MIGRAINE YET? it was like...Hey...I'm Peach and these are my creamy friends, I'm just going to chill out here for a bit and groove to some delicious downtempo music for a while, wanna chill with me?

So I will hang on to this a bit and let it mellow and see how I feel about it in a few weeks. Because I loathe peach but Betrothal Potion is one of my favorite OMG I must saturate every pore in my body LP's, sooo...I might come to love this one as much.

Ooooo! This one has possibilities! It isn't stabbing my third eye and it's letting the other flavors shine through. We'll see how this wears over a longer period of time, but I think I may be able to go FB here - VERY promising indeed. Will leave a more detailed review when I've given it a proper test run...

I usually don't like a big peach note in my perfume... But I REALLY like this. I get a really soft, fuzzy peach, it's slightly tart. Not super sweet or syrupy. I thought I was picking up a citrus-y type note. I really though orange was in there! The vanilla, buttercream and musk make this so smooth and the honey gives just enough punch to keep this from being your standard "peaches and cream" fragrance.

I need to wear for a few hours to see how the peach behaves. If it stays as pretty and soft as it is now... This is going on my wish list.

I put a bit of this behind each ear and on each side of my neck today and it's going much differently than it did a couple days ago - of course, that was the same night it arrived in the post though too. Today it isn't playing very nicely with me :( It's evoking a scent memory of something medicinal...perhaps some flavored medicine I was given as a child? I've been wearing it for over an hour now (about an hour and a half) and the peach is still very forward. The vanilla/butter/cream is definitely there right underneath it but it isn't really smoothing out the - sourness? - of the peach on me. HOWEVER, it may not be the peach that is the culprit. I have found that white musk can be pokey with me and maybe the peach and musk are not agreeing with my chemistry? I'll keep my sample and see how it behaves in another few days or so.

I requested a trial of this, Nutrix. I figured if I ran into anything like that, I would simply add a bit of either PheroGirl or Sugared Honeycomb. These can work magic if you can wear, and like honey.

Thanks for the tip Rose :) I will give Aliya another try solo and if I run into the same thing I'll give your suggestion a try ^_^ If nothing else, my sample will not be going to waste, sitting alone or lonely...

Smells wonderful in the sampler bottle, but the peach stayed super strong on me and I didn't care for it. It's going in my try-again-at-a-later-time box. Maybe it was my mood of the day. I am learning it's best to try a few times.

Oh, my, the creamiest of peaches and cream! This is gorgeous -- fresh, almost green peach, very definitely fresh fruit rather than candied. And the most gorgeous full bodied cream with a dizzying shot of vanilla. Lush, sweet, powerful -- and it's funny, when I read the description, I thought huh, not what I would picture with Audacious but now that I've smelled it, it makes perfect sense.

On my skin, Aliyah is less about the peaches and honey, and so much more about BUTTERCREAM! Ultra sweet gourmand foody scent on me. I do tend to amp sugars and buttery notes, so just something to consider if reading my review. The honey is mostly, an invisible entity on my skin, and the hint o' peach that I get are of the syrupy variety. If I had to compare this to another LP, I would say that to me, it is rather like Whisker Wishes, HEAVILY slathered in sweet, buttercream frosting. No musk notes come through on me at all. I'm not sure that I am going to be able to do this one on its own. I will experiment with my trial vial, give it some aging time, and perhaps see if it works after mellowing. If that doesn't do the trick, then maybe layering it with a little SLF? Fans of buttercream should adore this if it smells the same way on others as it does on me.

Did you ever get to try the OCCO/NoCo Buttercream Peach? I just wonder if it would remind you of that. For me, it wasn't quite as sweet.

luna, you are right. I had LAM Buttercream Peach, and it was nowhere near as sweet as Aliyah smells on me. I ended up selling that one to Beach Goddess who is a huge fan of Buttercream peach. As much as I love the scent of peaches, with the exception of Whisker Wishes, which is a perfect peach blend for me, and is somewhere in the middle, between LAM Buttercream Peach ( slightly green, and not at all that sweet to my nose), and Aliyah,( steroidal sugar and butter on my skin) they are difficult blends for me to pull off. But I am open minded. It's still brand new.. let's see what it can do with some time and patience. It can be so worth the wait.

Oh, my, the creamiest of peaches and cream! This is gorgeous -- fresh, almost green peach, very definitely fresh fruit rather than candied. And the most gorgeous full bodied cream with a dizzying shot of vanilla. Lush, sweet, powerful -- and it's funny, when I read the description, I thought huh, not what I would picture with Audacious but now that I've smelled it, it makes perfect sense.

BC have ever tried Empress Of Persica? OMG it's my ideal TDF peach scent.

Blackcat, so glad you got that too! Brookejones, I can't really say if this is like Kittenish, as I have never tried that LP. I can say that on me, it is very buttercream, which my skin definitely amps. If you are a fan of buttercream scents, I think that you will definitely want to give this a try! :)

It's not nearly as sugary as Kittenish is, IMO (which is my ideal peach scent).

Rose - it was the opposite for me: Buttercream Peach is much sweeter than Aliya on my skin.

Rose - it was the opposite for me: Buttercream Peach is much sweeter than Aliya on my skin.

Me too. On my skin, BCP is a ripe juicy peach with a thick crust of buttercream frosting. Tons of sugar.

Aliya is more a firm Peach with milk and honey on me.

Kittenish is sweeter to me. Plus the you have the maple and benzoin in there so that's a different dynamic going on at least for me.

Edited by StacyK

I will always find the way that perfumes play so differently, with different people, fascinating. I mean I do understand the various reasons for this, of course, but it still makes me smile. Well, now that I think of it, it also can make me envious in some cases, but even then, I have to smile...

I feel what you are saying, MDC. We've all been there. Giving them time to age can work wonders sometimes. If that doesn't work, and I am still feeling determined, I try layering with something else that I feel might offset whatever the culprit is. I have gotten mixed results with this, but at least then, I know that I have exhausted all possibilities, and really given a perfume a fair try. They all have decided personalities, and like people, we can't love all of them, nor make them love us. Then, we simply move on to the next great love prospect. ;)

I know what you mean by envious Rose!! Like everyone is loving Saisha and I wanted it to work on me so bad but it comes off as such a strong floral on me I just can't. :(

I'm letting it sit though. Maybe it will turn around.

:lol: I have tried Saisha twice and so far, on my skin, no good. There's a note in there that just doesn't work on me. A honey or the civet IDK? But, I really wish it worked.

I have the BCP and LOVE it!

Aliya is staying pokey with me, sadly. I will keep my sample and try to sweeten it with one of my "sugared"s or Pouncing Potion or UNE (I don't have Pherogirl...thought I did...)

Though it's a tad too peachy for me when wet, but it mellows and I am left with a creamy vanilla with a touch of honey.

My DH really liked it and it's my first time trying Audacious. After a few days of testing it I can't believe I have lived without it so I just went FB. FB on a few I'd never tried before so I might repeat "I can't believe I have lived without it so I just went FB" as I just placed an order so I do not go a day without them.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on a real peach kick over the last year, which is a bit odd as I am not a fruity scent person. This is really nice! I was a little worried that it would be too similar to Buttercream Peach, but it's a different peach with a different cream backing. It's a bright peach that stays bright the whole time, but the honey and musk grounds it. A bright, almost tart perfume with sweetness from the honey and cream, followed by the musk and vanilla rounding it out.

I wasn't sure how well I'd like this, since peach can sometimes turn into straight up fruity gummy bears on my skin, but it works! Maybe it's the fact that it's sour peach that saves it, but this is the most gorgeous peaches and cream scent. I think Missdarlyncherie described it best when she said it's a "dressy" peach scent. Flirty - but not giggly - and it always makes me smile.

I'm also thrilled that even in winter this oil has plenty of throw and longevity, and when it settles after about 4 or 5 hours, it turns into the yummiest vanilla pudding scent hugging my skin.

Oh lawdy! I finally got this today ...and...holy smokes do I love it! LP peach fragrances are actually my favorite and I almost ordered a bottle unsniffled! I am glad I waited because now I need two bottles. I love each and every note in this perfume. It is more of a realistic peach than a peach scented kind of thing. When I was growing up we tried to plant some peach trees in our yard...I mean, this is the peach state so that is what you do. The trees never grew very well and never produced much fruit but the smell of those trees/fruit was heavenly. This perfume reminds me of sitting in those trees. It is like breathing in the scent of a tart, not quite ripe peach.

Even though I don't think this is a peach candy or fake peach scent, I do have a peach candy that this reminds me of. It is called Butterfield's Peach Buds. I got these when I was a member of the Candy Club and got a box of candy each month. This is the most realistic peach candy you can imagine. It tastes like Aliya smells! If that makes sense...

I love this one so much!! Almost done with my sample so I am itching to order my FB. The peach is gorgeous of course but it is such a morpher. Most of the days I wear it I can't even rememeber what I have put on because it has changed so much throughout the day. It gets really creme brûlée-y on me like Cotton Candy Clouds without the watermelon.

I'm not really attracted to peach scents but I like this one! I didn't know what the notes were when I first tried it and I was surprised when I found out it was peach. I don't like honey scents either but I guess when you combine the two it transforms into something really yummy! It's just a fruity feminine scent to me. I'll probably get a full bottle because I really like the effects of the phero too.

• 1 month later...

Testing driving it now in spray. Sprays are new for me.

Two to chest, one split on wrists, two on shirt ... maybe that's a lot but it's not UN. IDK

I was feeling very fun and flirty earlier this morning and now blaaaaaah. I have dinner w/people in 30 minutes and will reapply. I hope I don't under or over do it ... I am having issues with one of the women I was once close to.

A few weeks ago when I picked her up from the airport she was being a total B because we never worked out the unknown issues we devoloped and have been pretending it's all okay. I had to make an emergency stop at my house and reapplied (talking in oil here) and within a few minutes she was super chill with me like all was normal. I smelled FAB and the phero did it's thing. She prefers to be around strong "it" peoples. In hind site, it was PP that helped to bond us. Anyways ...

Not sure to touch up w/one spray or two. I'll let my husbands nose be my guide as he is the reason I am switching to spray. He can hardly smell oils on me and its not warm enough for my body to diffuse.

It's St Patrick's day. Wish me luck, haha.

I'll report back more on the selfies than how others are towards me. If this Irish woman isn't happy no one will be :Emoticons04263:

Instant LOVE! So this one is a different sort of peach scent to me because it smells "dressy" somehow as opposed to the other peach scents I have that are more giggly and fun smelling. The honey and musk make this more of a stepping out peach! And I'm excited to step out with some Audacious too!

I agree; this is a grown-up sort of peach. Very pretty. I haven't had success with this yet phero-wise; I felt the same and the people I saw acted normally (both ones I know and new acquaintances). I've tried with two drops and then three. I'll keep testing it, although I don't think I want to put on more than I did in terms of how much scent I want to have on my skin.