And it's getting the love, I assure you!

:girlHeart-5:

Have you ever thought of layering Dance of Passion with a vanilla or amber? When you brought that up, I thought maybe I might try that and see what happens. SLF is a tame little pussycat compared to Jouir De but it surely does smell good when you haven't taken it out for a drive in a while

So far I still have plenty of JD but, no, I didn't even think about trying to recreate it...you will have to post if you experiment with it!

LOL I thought (at least in comparison to JD) SLF was quite light and powdery (so long as I didn't apply too heavily, lol) and anyone who isn't big on the floral aspect of JD, SLF doesn't have the orchid. It just happens to be one flower my chemistry likes. SLF is CERTAINLY an attention getter - but I never got a negative from it :^^:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutie.pie

I read a lot about this one so I was very happy I got a sample in the trades.

It's heavy, thick, sexy...but sadly honey doesn't like my skin :(

I have one precious bottle of this and I love, love, love it! Wish I had more stashed! Once the cops die down, it's sweet and musky and ambery on me and its staying power is beyond belief! This is the LP that comes closest to my beloved Jouir De. But fair warning, if you can't wear honey, don't even bother. It's a down and dirty honey sex bomb. I can only pull it off because like Jouir De and the so called smutty honeys, it turns into something completely different on my skin. More like a genuine animalic dowsed in beautiful, sweet, delectable honey. Long dry down for the cops on me though. Even after maybe an hour, there is still the slightest hint of that vinegary funk. No worries for me, I simply plan accordingly. I would be elated to see this return.

You can get more at "The Victorian Trading co"

I like this one too. Jouir De did not work on me but this one does.

Also you can layer it with Sugared Orchid. For a Jouir De'ish type scent. Still a little softer than JD but I like it, :)

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

I love this phero blend. SLF smells soooo good in the bottle. It smells very much like a food scent. I applied it and I am thinking musk smells so good on me or something. SLF is the least powdery and the least sweet fragrance of all three to me between sugared honeycomb and pherogirl. But it is just right. On my skin, it is deep, with a little bit of sweet, a little bit of powder...and something warm and food like. It is delicate and deep at the same time. This smells good. SLF doesn't smell actually like f-ing to me. There is a hint of the freshly washed vajayjay juice in this, but Pherorgirl and sugared honeycomb both smell the most like freshly washed poon/sex moreso than SLF.

• 1 month later...

I could swear I never saw this available before but today I was looking for a honey scent and this popped up as available? Was this sold out? I'm excited. I was dying to buy something as it is pay day and BOOM. . HERE IT IS!

• 1 month later...

Oh my goodness; I don't know if it's just honey scents in general or something about my skin chemistry + honey scents, but the sillage for SLF is incredible. I could smell it on myself a whole day later. On my sheets, the scent lasted for a week, and my clothes 1.5 weeks and probably more if I hadn't done laundry. The honey is super strong, and to my nose, the whole scent overall smells floral? I got a comment that I "smelled like a flower," even. The musk comes out later, and it becomes almost like a dirty floral honey scent for me.

I'm not a big fan of honey, but honey-lovers are bound to adore this.

Hi Midnight Requiem! I love OCCO SLF, too. As you have said, it has great lasting power, and that is one reason that I sometimes apply it to my skin prior to applying other LPs, since it seems to anchor them. I love honey and I love SLF, but to my nose, SLF does not at all come across as overtly honey. I see it as a separate thing entirely. A little of this goes very far!

Hi Midnight Requiem! I love OCCO SLF, too. As you have said, it has great lasting power, and that is one reason that I sometimes apply it to my skin prior to applying other LPs, since it seems to anchor them. I love honey and I love SLF, but to my nose, SLF does not at all come across as overtly honey. I see it as a separate thing entirely. A little of this goes very far!

I think I applied too much of this when I wore it... A little of it definitely goes a long way. That's a great idea about using SLF to anchor scents. i think for me the honey is strong at first, and then it fades to more of a musky floral scent? My nose is sensitive to honey so I've yet to find a honey-scent that works for me and doesn't go floral!

• 1 month later...

I'm finally reviewing this. It's fantastic. It's not cooch on me at all, no poonan. It's really musky honey. The civit is a little pointy note but by no means is this overwhelming on me. I love, love, love it. In comparison to Horny, this is so much smoother on me. I'd buy a truckload to use as a layer. I should say I rarely use this alone. I think on me it isn't as complex like most of my LPs so it is more of a layer note for me when I'm trying to darken or sweeten something else. The cops don't do a lot for me personally in any blend because I'm post menopausal and it probably just gets me to normal (whatever that is). My fav combo I have been wearing is this with LP Red. I just feel like a velvet wearing, lounge singing Diva when I wear that combo.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this infamous fragrance was available again awhile ago and "snatched" a bottle before it sold out again. Then I stashed it away. A couple days ago either my body lotion or hair mousse gave me a perceived honey whiff and I craved a honey fragrance.....and I wore this in public.... and to my corporate office!!! Thinking I am always so cold it won't bloom and it will be for my own trial run and enjoyment. It just made me feel sexy and a little frisky. :neutral:

Oh, you thought this review was going somewhere? :P I only get sour cherry in the bottle. I think it smells like a dirty, dusky, honey -- a little risque for a normal work day. I did get a baby powder comment from a male co-worker who was surprised when I told him that it was honey and honey can be perceived as baby powder to some noses. It does not smell like baby powder to me. The husband liked it, but at that point it was faint (I was afraid to reapply :wink2: ). It did seem like male co-workers were chatty in my cube, but it could have been coincidence. I was really just doing a trial run with it. I agree that it is not a sweet as Sugared Honeycomb. I am thinking of grouping my scents and having a "honey week" soon. :D I am also starting to realize that life if just more fun with copped-out fragrances. :D

• 6 months later...

Right!

So I have a bit of a leaky roll-on with this one, and ended up with some of it on me last night. So I decided to go with the flow and wear it.

I like this, there's smut and sweetness, a bit of an incense vibe - probably due to the amber in it.

It's really grown-up, I can't imagine wearing this under at least 25 years old, because it yells "WOMAN!!".

Not a girly scent and not for messing around. Very potent.

It layers fantastically with incense-y scents.

One of my favorite combos is with Sand Box...

However, I went on a hunch last night and layered it with Sug. Nag Champa.

Another winner!

Champa has a clean facet that balanced the SLF smut to just the right sultry level. Sexy and luxurious. I think I'll be wearing this combination more often.

And... COPS. as Sirensong wrote:

Life is so much more fun with them!

I saw this infamous fragrance was available again awhile ago and "snatched" a bottle before it sold out again. Then I stashed it away. A couple days ago either my body lotion or hair mousse gave me a perceived honey whiff and I craved a honey fragrance.....and I wore this in public.... and to my corporate office!!! Thinking I am always so cold it won't bloom and it will be for my own trial run and enjoyment. It just made me feel sexy and a little frisky. :neutral:

Oh, you thought this review was going somewhere? :P I only get sour cherry in the bottle. I think it smells like a dirty, dusky, honey -- a little risque for a normal work day. I did get a baby powder comment from a male co-worker who was surprised when I told him that it was honey and honey can be perceived as baby powder to some noses. It does not smell like baby powder to me. The husband liked it, but at that point it was faint (I was afraid to reapply :wink2: ). It did seem like male co-workers were chatty in my cube, but it could have been coincidence. I was really just doing a trial run with it. I agree that it is not a sweet as Sugared Honeycomb. I am thinking of grouping my scents and having a "honey week" soon. :D I am also starting to realize that life if just more fun with copped-out fragrances. :D

I got two comments while wearing horny that were baby powder, seemed very odd to me, perhaps it was the aja in it. I think I need to pull my sample of SLF out and give it some love, I've cast it aside for awhile. I'm interested in the SLF/ sugared nag combo.

OCCO SLF is my jam! I layer it under so many other smells as I go from day to night. It does have a baby powder finish in later dry down but I think it smells more like honey powder than baby powder. I used to have this honey powder dusting powder and it was sometimes sticky as shit but I used it strategically (which, at the 17 years old I was at the time, was probably on my cheeks). I later saw Kama Sutra had one in their aphrodisiac line and I remember thinking...ohhhh, how naughty!

• 10 months later...

I am envious of those who can wear this! I got a sample with such high hopes, but, honey just does not play nice with my chemistry. I amp honey like there is no tomorrow. The same thing as Creamed Honey and Sugared Honeycomb which I adore when first applied, happens with this one too. If I could get it to stay exactly how it smells when first applied, it would be a home run! It has phenomenal silage.

It really does last a long time! Like as in through showering before bed, it is still lingering the next day. (Big sigh) It has a cool name - so cool that I had to try it, even though I'm well acquainted with what honey does on my skin. I don't think it is meant for me.

Honey can be weird on me too, but sometimes it works out really well. There's probably a lot of different kinds of honey, so don't give up rose! I can't do SLF either, but Stacy's Lady Luck and Honeyed LP work really well on me, so I think "bright" honey is okay for me.

Honey can be weird on me too, but sometimes it works out really well. There's probably a lot of different kinds of honey, so don't give up rose! I can't do SLF either, but Stacy's Lady Luck and Honeyed LP work really well on me, so I think "bright" honey is okay for me.

I'll keep that in mind. Every time I've written off Creamed Honey, coincidentally I'll get another one as a free sample sized gift with an order, and I'll think, maybe I was wrong about this one.....But. No.

I've not tried Honeyed LP yet. *adding to my "to try" list.

A funny (at least to me) update :)

So, I thought... Maybe if I layer something strong and spicy over this, I'll be able to wear it. And I dabbed a tiny amount onto the crooks of my arms, let it dry, and put on a whopping amount of a spiced rum cake fragrance (from an Etsy shop) At first I thought I nailed it. It was a great combo. But, in less than a couple of hours, the OCCO SLF ate straight through the spiced rum cake, and did its honey amping thing. But, worse yet, I was detecting another odor that was really unappealing. And THAT got louder and louder, and, I'm like Good Grief! its morphing into smelling like self tanner now!

And then I remembered. I'd slathered the St Tropez (which really doesn't smell as bad as some self tanners) on my legs this morning.

Sadly, I still don't think I'm going to be able to wear it though. However, I've got OCCO Pink on order, will give it a test drive next!

Don't write off all LP honeys just yet. Look out for one called Spring Honey. Or light spring honey maybe. It's still delicious and decidedly honey but it does not go smutty at all. If you ever can get ahold of Honey Whipped, I bet you'd like that one

Don't write off all LP honeys just yet. Look out for one called Spring Honey. Or light spring honey maybe. It's still delicious and decidedly honey but it does not go smutty at all. If you ever can get ahold of Honey Whipped, I bet you'd like that one

Thank You Halo, I will. It helps to know which type to be on the lookout for :)

• 7 months later...

I love this!!! I got a trial vial and am going to have to go FB on this. I love Pherogirl and Sugared Honeycomb but this....this is RICH. This may be the only OCCO I love on its own. I layer the others and will probably layer this too but I COULD and probably will try it alone. Oh, TG, I’m coming for you, love,

I love this!!! I got a trial vial and am going to have to go FB on this. I love Pherogirl and Sugared Honeycomb but this....this is RICH. This may be the only OCCO I love on its own. I layer the others and will probably layer this too but I COULD and probably will try it alone. Oh, TG, I’m coming for you, love,

Love this one too! Hope you’re prepared for the side effects;) I had to just about peel my guy off me when I wore this :D

• 1 month later...

Yay! Finally a honey I can wear!!! Sugared Honeycomb and Pherogirl go all stabby powder on me. Even LAM original is too much for my skin. But this! Deep and round and heavy like the weight of a water balloon about to pop. 12 hours later it's still going relatively strong, softened into a gorgeous fleshy sweaty-sweet skin scent. I am learning I like stank. I wish I could have tried the infamous Jouir De!!! Looking forward to experimenting with different layers with this - aaand of course test driving on the husband. :666:

8 hours ago, halo0073 said:

I love your water balloon analogy! That’s one I’ve never heard and I love a descriptive turn of phrase.

Thanks, girl! This one is dangerous and distracting - I have so many beauties to sniff through from the sampler but it's been sweater weather here for the last few days and all I want to wear is this layered with OCCO Black and slink around in dark corners looking for a makeout. I'm a monster and I can't be stopped...

• 2 weeks later...

I love this. I’m so sensitive to a lot of musks but I keep trying. The smell of this was so goood and I am so used to things that smell like this giving me a headache. But it didn’t! Mmm... Does anyone know why this musk is kind to me while Sugared Honeycomb (and many others) is less than kind? I actually bought samples of Sugared Honeycomb and OCCOSLF at the same time and tried both, one on each hand. It was totally surreal how a headache emerged and followed the SH hand around, increasing when it’s close, easing as I held it away in the air current, disappearing when I washed it off. 

OCCOSLF is definitely on my (short)list dark musky scents.

53 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Although they both contain honey as a note, Sugared Honeycomb does not contain musk or amber.

Now I have nothing on why this is. I thought musks were the issue. 

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

Sometimes you just have to look it at like: "This one works for me, but this other one doesn't."

That’s why I’ve come to believe trial vials, NR sampler sets (and ittys) are the way to go. It took me a while to get on board with the sampler sets, but it really is a great way to try things I’d never have considered, and to confirm if I really do like how a fragrance wears on me. Of course there is not always that option if a fragrance has been around for a while. 

Even this past month, I knew that none of the new releases were prime candidates for me to want a full bottle of, but no regrets getting the sampler. 

Of the pherotine releases in February, I went out on a limb and got two full bottles in addition to the sampler. One turned out to be a major love, (Wild Cherry)  the other, (Buttercream Peach) I will probably never wear. BUT, in the sampler set was a huge huge HUGE hit for me (Bad Girl). That was what made me see that the sets are one of the best investments in exploring LPMP.

I have no idea why Luna’s quote is showing up twice in my post, but I’m using my phone, and can’t see how to x it out. 

1 hour ago, luna65 said:

Sometimes you just have to look it at like: "This one works for me, but this other one doesn't."

You are so right about the samplers and itty bitty sets. I used to buy them pretty regularly but only if a certain amount of them sounded like they’d be my cup of tea. Then when I started actually working for LP and Mara told me I needed to know ALL of our releases so I’d be getting a sampler set each time, my life changed dramatically, Perfume wise. There have been months when I thought I’d like 1-2 and loved 8. And there have been too many times to count where I was dead wrong about the ones I thought I’d love and the ones I thought I’d hate. Disproportionately so. In fact some of my greatest LP loves are ones that on paper I thought would not be my thing. I can’t recommend the sampler sets enough. For everyone.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, halo0073 said:

In fact some of my greatest LP loves are ones that on paper I thought would not be my thing. I can’t recommend the sampler sets enough. For everyone.

Now that I think about it, some men I've been with who would've looked great on paper actually sucked in real life! And my man would not look good on paper, but he sure looks good in my bed!

I do get the samplers, mostly, but never an itty. I love the labels and whatnot. But I'll get them in the future so I won't have to just wonder and wonder what "Devour Me" and "Neal's Rush" smell like. It's really hard for me to imagine men's scents from descriptions. And I'll shy away from dismissing scents so quickly in the future. We sent all of my man's "nopes" to his dad, he likes to make quick decisions, and now I'm wishing that I saved empty trial vials, just for reference.