Mara's Rocket Fuel

I've noticed lately that I've been amping something in MRF 1. and MRF 3 that I do not like. I think it might be patchouli. I can't describe the smell other than it smells like old lady clothes on me or like old lace doilies that have been locked in a closet for years. I hope it was just my cycle that was causing this because I do love how number #3 used to smell like cotton candy on me.

LV - Could it be the change in weather? This is just a thought, and I ask because I'm currently on the road and in a much more humid enviroment than at home. I can't trust how I've known things to react and have to test things like it's the first time because of how they react with my skin here is different than at home. Ie, BBM, which I love, still goes on yummy but turns to some weird plastic-like smell and that smell lingers. On an upnote, there were SEVERAL that had amped incense to an over-the-top level before coming here. Now, those BLOOM into some really amazing euphoria-producing scents and produce a combo of bliss and soothing. It's quite delicious!

Getting back to your topic, if where you are has suddenly gotten a bit hotter (or colder depending on hemisphere), it may be reacting differently with your skin because of weather. The good news, if that's the cause then you can wear that lovely again when the seasons change back.

This makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to re-test all fragrances with the seasons. There may be some winter faves and summer faves that are season sensitive.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Donsie that is incredible feedback...I wish I got even a part of that when wearing MRF! I've even kicked myself for going FB on this (instead of sample) because there are so many others I want and I just haven't gotten much reaction from SS4W ( including wearing Sneaky Clean!) It's probably me - my chem - or perhaps I'm not wearing enough or too little! Very frustrating because it seems to work for everyone BUT me. :(

Lady, I feel your pain because I have had a number of pheros that I just can't get to work on me and also I'm terrible at finding me sweet spot, so even ones that have worked before don't always work consistently (because I'm a bonehead and can't figure out how much I need). Indeed, my first disappointment was SS4W in Sneaky Clean. I do tend to pair with cops -- just a smidge -- and perhaps this might make it work better for you. If not then it is a bummer but from my own hit-and-miss experience I can say that not only is it worth keeping trying different perhos (the left-field ones I don't expect much from seem to be the ones that click for me) but it's also worth trying the same pheros in different perfumes.

Maybe try more, too. I think I'm a bit stingy with them to start with because I have tended to find that with some I don't get noticeable results until I reapply for scent purposes.

LV - Could it be the change in weather? This is just a thought, and I ask because I'm currently on the road and in a much more humid enviroment than at home. I can't trust how I've known things to react and have to test things like it's the first time because of how they react with my skin here is different than at home. Ie, BBM, which I love, still goes on yummy but turns to some weird plastic-like smell and that smell lingers. On an upnote, there were SEVERAL that had amped incense to an over-the-top level before coming here. Now, those BLOOM into some really amazing euphoria-producing scents and produce a combo of bliss and soothing. It's quite delicious!

Getting back to your topic, if where you are has suddenly gotten a bit hotter (or colder depending on hemisphere), it may be reacting differently with your skin because of weather. The good news, if that's the cause then you can wear that lovely again when the seasons change back.

This makes me wonder if it might be a good idea to re-test all fragrances with the seasons. There may be some winter faves and summer faves that are season sensitive.

I have also noticed that the warmer weather is making some perfumes behave differently. Luckily this isn't to their detriment for the most part, though. The exception to this is Cougar, which was lovely and bright through the cold months but now it is so *very* strong I can only dab it.

What pain for you with MRF, LV. I hope it settles once the weather cools again.

• 1 month later...

I really wanted to wear this today but I think either the weather is still too warm for me to love it or the timing of my cycle/chemistry is changing it. It's not as sweet and sugary and is almost tobacco like. It's GOT to timing.. Because I usually adore this scent. I can't wait for fall weather.

• 1 month later...

Havent been here for a while, I have been having such a giddy whirlwind summer. Lots of fun with pheros. Now that the weather is cooler, I dont amp the scents that much any more. But today was proof, again, of the power of the Rocket Fuel. Colleagues swarmed into my room, and the one that I had to work closely, well. He kept staring at me, and I could tell he wanted to touch me. Really wanted to, he had to work to keep himself together. Left my office quite confused, and before he left for home, he told me several times how much he liked my outfit. Rocket fuel works magic!

This one is always a winner. It can be worn alone, with a touch of Compromising Positions or my new Fav is with LAM brown sugar. Great combination but I can only wear that when I am on the prowl for some attention since men don't seem to stand much of a chance. LOL MRF seems to grab people walking by me for that head turn or that "what are you wearing" I didn't wear it as much in the hot weather but have been pulling it out more that it is cooling off. This one never gets old.

• 2 months later...

Mara's Rocket Fuel is probably my favorite of all her work that I've experienced (thus far). It's perfection in a bottle. At least as far as I'm concerned, it can be worn with everything, and the SS4W compliments a lot of other pheros as well. When I'm in a bind and don't know what to wear, it's this. To the point where I'm wary to purchase a UN SS4W because the amount that's present in Rocket Fuel III is so on point for me that I think I'd screw it up if left to my own devices, haha. So Mara is a master at picking out the exact right amount with which to dose Rocket Fuel. When telling friends about LPMP, it's even the first thing I recommend for them to try out.

I tested this in both November 2013 and May 2014. The weather averaged from the mid 70s to 40 degrees.

It smelled really good in the vial. It was very close to Velvet Kisses, but sweeter and richer. On my skin this fragrance morphed very badly. Wet it smelled great, but eventually smelled burnt. However, it did have good staying power- lasting from 5am until well past 7pm.

I had no self effects. The throw of this phero fragrance was anywhere from 5-15 feet away. The hits from this were pretty inconsistent and very subtle. Men and women were friendly. I found these hits to be so mild as people in general can be friendly/chatty. There were also times where I had no noticeable hits at all. The only hits that I was able to solidly confirm were that children, from toddlers up to teens, all gave me DIHLS.

I gave it to my mother and she got hits every single time she wore it. She had men of all ages flirting with her and women being kind to her and complimenting her.

Honeycake, it sounds to me like maybe you just haven't found your sweet spot with MRF III. I have that problem with LFM where the hits are inconsistent but apparently amazing for everyone else. It seems like your mom just found the amount that works for her.

Edited by VexedGlory

• 10 months later...

This smells so good! I love all the notes! I love the final result! I remember that SS4W puts me in a charming, chatty mood. This scent is just about perfect. I never tired of it all day. Usually, I wear something different every day, but with this one I felt like doing a repeat for the next day. Actually, I found myself thinking that this scent was the only one I really need anymore. :shocked:DHEAs! I get all the yummy notes, but mostly the brown sugar. Later in the day I was at yoga with my body heat coming up, and I swear I smelled chocolate. So, thankful it’s permanent. :Emoticons04235:

• 1 month later...

I finally got to try this. I was worried the honey would turn on me, but wow, this is beautiful! It is a honey in between light and smutty. Maybe it's the brown sugar combined with a lighter honey that gives off that vibe. I may start liking this better than Sneaky Clean!

I love how this smells right out of the vial, but my skin devoured most of it fast, leaving only a subtly sweet toasted almond (?) scent. Luckily I still liked what remained, but I'm sad that it doesn't really resemble what's in the vial. But I know that's how it goes sometimes. I later layered this with LP Red and that worked nicely.

I tested this outside the other night on restaurant staff that I know, with a particular eye toward a cute bartender I'm not pursuing (he has a gf). A few days earlier I had tried out Cougar around these people, with either no hit or one mild hit from him, depending on your POV.

I applied a smallish amount to my chest/neck pulse points; no self-effects. I had the same sort of night as the Cougar night. The only new thing he did with me was touch my arm when I leaned forward on the bar to be heard over the noise, but that wasn't necessarily the SS4W. Which is fine. Maybe I'll apply a bit more next time and see what happens :P

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 1 month later...

I am smitten by MRF 3 w/SS4W. The rich, sweet and dark sticky caramel scent is so sexy. It's not cloyingly sweet, being tempered with gourmand spice and an onset of subtle smokiness throughout wear. This blend is so smooth and delicious. I don't have anything to report in terms of hits (wore it in the comfort of my own home), but what I can say is that the phero made me feel sexy.

• 7 months later...

Rocket Fuel really has a great throw, and it's so delicious. People never think its a perfume, they walk by my room at work, saying: what's that smell? It's so good! Did someone bring dessert? Then they try guessing the flavour. Nobody ever comes up with maple, but I had every response from chocolate pudding to walnut caramel.

• 2 years later...

This one went straight to cinnamon on me. It's so spicy, I love it. I also have a little bit of amber. I'm surprised the sugars disappeared so quickly, they were there for fewer than 10 seconds:shocked:! It's been about half an hour and It's definitely staying Hot Cinnamon on me  ? . This is perfect! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just read in the Sneaky Clean thread that Sneaky Clean will come back with a different phero, so hopefully this one will come back with a different phero as well.  I'd settle for this scent in virgin form or just with cops.  I can't imagine Mara will not reinvent this one somehow--I mean she made it for herself!  However, I found that Sugared Almonds (I finally tried my little bottle) had a similar scent, but then I love almonds in general, scents, flavorings, etc.  

So, please at least bring it back with cops!  Cops never give me a headache like some of the pheros can.

• 5 months later...

This one will be making a return with a different phero - likely Blatant Invitation - as we have traditionally flipped back and forth between those two pheros for this one. I am currently recovering from surgery and can't lift the heavy oil bottles for another couple of months, but I promise you it's coming back as it's a customer fave.

I'm asking for a Rocket Fuel with cops only.  :beggingpleasesmiley:Hopefully, there will be virgin bottles we can get cops in although I am okay with Blatant Invitation, too.   Thanks, Mara, for bringing it back!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha! Ok. So I will still have to hoard my SS4W, but I can be more forging with my Rocket Fuel. Hmmmm, the idea of RF with BI? Oh my! What a deliciously naughty combination ❤️