I tried this again yesterday and it bears repeating: where you are in your cycle makes a huge difference to how things smell. I liked both the scent and the phero much better this around. It is still a bit heavy on the resin for me but overall a *much* better experience. I didn't notice any obvious hits but if anything people were attentive and helpful, especially in shops. I know this is their job, of course.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoboy, do scent and phero ever go together in this one!

I love the scent but I'm not sure I can pull it off on a daily basis - and the phero seems to bring out something steely in me that is there anyway, but usually buffered a bit.

It smells heady and rich but not sweet at all; I can smell oranges but these are serious oranges, nothing sunshiny about them.

The whole thing is very dark and heavy; a little goes a long way and I keep catching whiffs from the small amounts I have put on my wrists.

It also lasts forever; through the day and I think I could even detect a lingering bit of it the next morning.

If I had a bit more money I would have sprung for a FB I think. I guess I'll just have to make my sample last and apply it when it really counts.

This stuff is backbone in a bottle!

I tried this again yesterday and it bears repeating: where you are in your cycle makes a huge difference to how things smell. I liked both the scent and the phero much better this around. It is still a bit heavy on the resin for me but overall a *much* better experience. I didn't notice any obvious hits but if anything people were attentive and helpful, especially in shops. I know this is their job, of course.

Donsie thanks for that reminder. It really does make a difference. Granted, I'm pre-meno so my cycles are anything but predictable, but I do know when the Hormone Fairy moves in, cracks her whip and snarls "Let's dance, bitch."
Perhaps that's the optimum time to break out Ms. SV (the bolero jacket wearin'-glassy starin' beauty from the label) and start a mantra of my favorite descriptive S&V quote by Luna:

"Do not fuck with me or you will regret it."

I have a personal affinity now for Sex & Violins, as it was my first big lesson with LP... learning application, scents, and appropriate use. Still don't L O V E it, but I keep it like a loaded gun in my arsenal. Now I "get" the gunpowder!

Man! This one I let sit in sample form FOREVER. Just sitting in my box...glaring at me. It was this weird fascination. I wanted to like it. I DID like it. I was intrigued by the scent, but, certainly, it wasn't me. It was to strong. Too head shop. Too masculine...no way that would ever work as a perfume...

And yet...

I would test it. I would huff it. There was SOMETHING about it I decidedly liked - but what exactly? Once it dried down it was beautiful, rich, deep and resiny - not head shop at all. What WAS this strange transformation. It was subconsciously appealing on a level that spoke more to my soul than my mind - so strange. I had so many Love Potions, why couldn't I let this one go...what was making me hold on to this scent that I obviously didn't care for - else why would this sample have sat so lonely in my box for so long? Why didn't I just give it away? Then one night, home alone and determined to make a decision about this distracting dilemma, I liberally applied to my wrists a goodly portion of this potion...and MY, did it bloom/BOOM! The musks, the woods, the amber, the bare touch of something sweet...and the STAYING power! It was so heady and thick, but I couldn't stay away from it. I was enraptured, enthralled and completely captivated. Won over entirely. Resistance was futile. There was no getting around it. and though it isn't an everyday wear for me, it is an utter WIN and I'm glad to have a bottle in my collection :heart:

Man! This one I let sit in sample form FOREVER. Just sitting in my box...glaring at me. It was this weird fascination. I wanted to like it. I DID like it. I was intrigued by the scent, but, certainly, it wasn't me. It was to strong. Too head shop. Too masculine...no way that would ever work as a perfume...

And yet...

I would test it. I would huff it. There was SOMETHING about it I decidedly liked - but what exactly? Once it dried down it was beautiful, rich, deep and resiny - not head shop at all. What WAS this strange transformation. It was subconsciously appealing on a level that spoke more to my soul than my mind - so strange. I had so many Love Potions, why couldn't I let this one go...what was making me hold on to this scent that I obviously didn't care for - else why would this sample have sat so lonely in my box for so long? Why didn't I just give it away? Then one night, home alone and determined to make a decision about this distracting dilemma, I liberally applied to my wrists a goodly portion of this potion...and MY, did it bloom/BOOM! The musks, the woods, the amber, the bare touch of something sweet...and the STAYING power! It was so heady and thick, but I couldn't stay away from it. I was enraptured, enthralled and completely captivated. Won over entirely. Resistance was futile. There was no getting around it. and though it isn't an everyday wear for me, it is an utter WIN and I'm glad to have a bottle in my collection :heart:

WOW Nu Trix! This reads like a steamy romantic novel called Sex & Violins.

I made the mistake of putting it on when I was feeling particularly bitchy (should've ordered Bomb Balm). I thought it might make me be the "fun" aggressor for a change on date night with my SO... turns out everything he did annoyed the HELL out of me. I imagined I was Ms. SV from the label... I would smash one of my violins on the wall and make it in to a damn shank.

:voodoo:

Edited by LoveStruck55

the Hormone Fairy moves in, cracks her whip and snarls "Let's dance, bitch."

LOL!

I made the mistake of putting it on when I was feeling particularly bitchy (should've ordered Bomb Balm). I thought it might make me be the "fun" aggressor for a change on date night with my SO... turns out everything he did annoyed the HELL out of me. I imagined I was Ms. SV from the label... I would smash one of my violins on the wall and make it in to a damn shank.

:voodoo:

Ha! Hormones again, maybe. PMS+LFM made me supremely easily annoyed and wanting to kick people. PMS+Dom seems like tinder that could easily catch fire!

:lol: I was DEFINIELY seduced by this scent, hands down, no doubt about it :D

And now, on my third application, I really like this one and I can hardly detect the phero blend. And it's sold out. Such is the way of fate.

You can still find it on Artfire, as of this typing at least.

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/LovePotion/1/1/293739//

• 1 month later...

This one has more staying power than anything else on LPMP I've tried so far. I smelled it on clothes that I had worn for only a couple of hours - but three days earlier! I could smell it on my skin after 15 hours!! With that being said though, I've really learned to tone this one down on application.... less really is more on me. Otherwise the smokiness in this one really knocks me out (and everyone else for that matter!) Of course is that the DOM or the smoke knocking everyone out?!

Edited by LoveStruck55

This one has more staying power than anything else on LPMP I've tried so far. I smelled it on clothes that I had worn for only a couple of hours - but three days earlier! I could smell it on my skin after 15 hours!! With that being said though, I've really learned to tone this one down on application.... less really is more on me. Otherwise the smokiness in this one really knocks me out (and everyone else for that matter!) Of course is that the DOM or the smoke knocking everyone out?!

Both! :lol:

Yes, this one is "sticky" (lasts) and is potent. I try not to do more than a dab out side of clothing but I will do the lollipop on my torso so that it will waft up from under my blouse just for me throughout the day :) Literally, just a dot behind each ear and a dot shared between wrists...but I sure do find it irresistible and will slather when left to myself at home ^_^

Yes, this one is "sticky" (lasts) and is potent. I try not to do more than a dab out side of clothing but I will do the lollipop on my torso so that it will waft up from under my blouse just for me throughout the day :) Literally, just a dot behind each ear and a dot shared between wrists...but I sure do find it irresistible and will slather when left to myself at home ^_^

You obiously are a strong female... I don't think I could just wear this at home because I'd be drawn to the bottle to curtsy and ask the Lady of the Label "What now your majesty??" Those tiny little eyes follow me like those busts in the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

Seriously, I am amazed at how a dot on each wrist and a 3 inch swipe on my torso is about all that it takes to last the entire day.

Yes! The staying power if phenomenal Don't ask direction from the woman on the bottle, become her - and GIVE direction :666: I like how sexually predatory this makes me feel...then again, it could be that I got mine boosted with cops :lol2:

• 3 weeks later...

It does last. I tried on a cardigan to ship to my mother in the USA while I was wearing this one. Weeks later when it arrived she said it smelled like my house, 'like incense'. I thought she would hate if any got on there because she normally hates most perfume (a lot of them giver her headaches). So, it lasts and people who hate perfume like it. And it's got Dom. What more could you want? ^_^

Amen sistah!

That's awesome that it made it all the way to your mom's! :) She's probably happy to be reminded of you, being so far away :heart:

• 2 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I was lucky enough to get a sample of this. I didn't think I would like it, but...my oh my, I'm loving it! This scent + dom= perfect congruence :)

I feel soooo sexy, in control, I have more energy and have a feeling there's nothing I can't do!

Love, love, love it :)

• 1 month later...

And when I first got this I thought I might be pulling out the Domme stilettos, corset and crop...you know, like I do most days :D

But not so! This phero blend just gives me confident, sexy and swagger!

PLUS even though it took me F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to take the plunge on the scent, I just couldn't leave it be...kept going back and huffing until it was obvious a FB was absolutely necessary!

• 4 weeks later...

Combined this with a bit of Sugared Violets and it was DELISH!

I had a guy almost fall over someone, stop dead in his tracks, and more announce than ask, "What smells so good?! Is that YOU?" And then practically climb past 2 people to get to me (my co-workers appreciate my LP addic...hobby) only to proclaim that THIS must be "The BEST one yet!!!"

:Emoticons04263:

On me, S&V is a resin, woody sexy musky scent. Very chewy and heavy and slinky - if that makes any sense? Almost predatory :D Fits the Dominance vibe perfectly, lol, very confident and all woman...no kitten at all. I have mine in oil and also cop'd. The sugared violets softened heaviness of it and the light floral addition was a good fit. I was pleasantly surprised by how complimentary the 2 went together. It immediately changed it from a slinky scent to a "I may be all woman, but you may approach me without fear of my awesomeness" scent. Kind of like going from Lioness to Lynx - there's still tooth and claw but I seemed less intimidating ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know that mine will last, because a little bit goes a loooong way...but it won't last forever...so I just try not to think too hard about it :D

I'm in lust with the musk in this and LOVE the wood and gun powder notes...Well, ok, the whole darn thing is GORGEOUS. I just think I got lucky when I stopped sitting on my hands about this one and finally got that FB. Adding cops just seemed natural for this one. I almost fell out of my skin when Dom Noire came out.

I think I had a mental misrepresentation of how I thought the Dominance blend would behave until I learned more about what androstenone did for me phero wise. I think the Dominance potion is definitely part of the attraction to S&V for me, only initially, I didn't understand that. I sat on my sample for what was AGAES, and then almost right after I plunged on the FB it sold out! >.something about it just drew me. I have to wonder if that is how other people must feel when I wear it :Emoticons04263:

Now I'm just grateful for what I have :heart:

• 3 months later...

I have said it before and I will say it again.....this one has aged PERFECTLY. The sharp edges have rounded out and it is smooth as silk and drop-dead gorgeous! And today is definitely a "DOM day"! I do NOT want to work, but I have the corporate deadline looming on the horizon, and this kicks me in the rear and gets me going.

• 1 year later...

SO NOW, AGED EVEN MORE, AND 100% DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS! WEARING THE COPS-BOOSTED VERSION (OF COURSE), AND STILL LOVE IT AS MUCH, IF NOT MORE THAN I DID WHEN I FIRST SMELLED IT. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH MY STASH AND I THINK I HAVE LIKE 6 BOTTLES.....AND NO, I AM NOT EXAGGERATING! SEVERAL ARE STILL SEALED.

ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE A SAMPLE TUCKED AWAY AND FOUND IT "STRONG" OR "SHARP" AT FIRST SHOULD REALLY GIVE IT ANOTHER GO.

• 6 months later...

I've just received this in a trade sale :cat690: I'm so nervous to try it on! I'm already quite rad on Audacious in LP Carnival. I don't know how much more demanding I will act from the Dominance Potion in Sex & Violins :001_07:

Oh my.

My first whiff brought a smile to my face in amazement of the spot-on rendition of violin wood! I was instantly pulled back into orchestral rooms I sat in year-round, full of rosin we prepared our bows with momentarily before rehearsal.

Dominance Potion is actually not a bad idea for concerts, either :smiley-music002:

I'm not sure how strong musk is in Sex & Violins, but I think there was also in another scent a musk note I reacted strongly to in a negative way. And it's not because it smelled weird or off, but because of the exact opposite. I receive the undisguised direct sexual suggestion from it. This musk smells too true to the real thing, and I want to barf.

As a first trial, I think I applied too little and then applied too much. I don't doubt that I'll find Sex & Violins to be one of my favorite and reliable scents soon enough, because it's not like it's an incongruent scent. In fact, it's more bona fide than I have built myself up to be able to handle lol

I completely forgot to try Sex & Violins with cops. I only have Sheer Essence, but that might merge my perception of animalic musk with a "musk" I'm already familiar with.

Edited by Ivysaur

SO NOW, AGED EVEN MORE, AND 100% DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS! WEARING THE COPS-BOOSTED VERSION (OF COURSE), AND STILL LOVE IT AS MUCH, IF NOT MORE THAN I DID WHEN I FIRST SMELLED IT. I WAS LOOKING THROUGH MY STASH AND I THINK I HAVE LIKE 6 BOTTLES.....AND NO, I AM NOT EXAGGERATING! SEVERAL ARE STILL SEALED.

ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE A SAMPLE TUCKED AWAY AND FOUND IT "STRONG" OR "SHARP" AT FIRST SHOULD REALLY GIVE IT ANOTHER GO.

I really wish I would have stocked up more than I did on this blend.. I found a bunch of samples and poured them into a bottle and this blend is even better than it was new...I so wish something similar to this blend will come online soon

• 3 weeks later...

As I predicted, Sex & Violins has become my casual 'go to'. If I am dreading any task that is arduous or involves working with others, I know all it will take is slathering Sex & Violins and I'm good to go. I'm working on increasing my extroverted-ness, and Dominance pheromone blend really helps me speak my mind without over-thinking. I'm really glad I got to finally try it!

I'm also really falling in love with the violin wood, resins, musk, and especially cassis. I think Cassis gives this fragrance a current of sweetness, giving a sense of life and blood to the violins :eek: Weird and potentially macabre interpretation, I know! But I think with this being a strong, dark scent, I can be forgiven :blush:

• 2 months later...

This one has quickly become one of my man's faves. He has always enjoyed it, but now he follows me around when I wear it. LITERALLY. :Emoticons04235:

And, with cops it is even better.....the tangy cops have aged right along with the scent.....YUM