Themyscira w/ Girl Girl

AD-Themyscira-SM.jpg

COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

Interesting! When I read the description on this I saw the coconut/vanilla/orange&blossoms but skipped right over the orchid, and it's definitely the star of the show! Actually, I'm not getting any coconut so far but what's here is delicious -- bright, honeyed orchid with a hint of pollen, and the orange adds a sparkle. This will be a gorgeous spring/summer scent, and it's one of the few I've come across that feels both deeply feminine and totally work appropriate.

Edited by Black Cat

This makes me think of Amazonia Zee - not on purpose, but there's a similar vibe. The black orchid is once again so very lovely and it is prominent at first, but after about half an hour it backs off to allow the coconut/vanilla to come to the fore. It's really lush and sweet and an interesting take on a kind of tropical vibe.

I need to try this one again. I put it on without looking at the notes this morning, and I swore I smelled grapefruit in the beginning, followed by an earthy, almost herby note (probably the patch) and florals, and then grapefruit that was creamier. I'm guessing the grapefruit was actually my nose confusing it with orange and blossoms as a tangy/zesty note. Orchid can go a little wonky on me, so I gotta test this one again soon. I also didn't get coconut - it probably blended well into the creamy vanilla on drydown.

Love love love. Initially very resiny from patchouli but that died quickly. I didn't shake. My bad. Then a really deep non-sweet coconut vanilla develops with orchids peeping at the top. No orange yet and not honey forward. This is spectacularly dense and full bodied but also elegant with the orchid. I think LFN more than Girl/Girl. I am in love!!!

• 3 months later...

"... this evocative elixir of rich vanilla and coconut cream made just the slightest bit boyish with earthy patchouli, kissed with the delights of spring and orange blossom honeys, deepened with the mystery of exotic black orchid and a touch of licorice root."

I'm not really getting any coconut cream or orchid... this is all orange blossom honey, patchouli, and vanilla on me! I love licorice, so my mind is telling me I smell some of the licorice root, too. I don't know if I really do, though, lol. I love it! I want to get a few more samples and make me a little bottle.

• 1 month later...

What? I thought this had ylang ylang. That's what I thought I smelled. Anyway, I get the coconut in this one. The scent is sweet, soothing, and unisex to my nose. The coconut is slight and the orchid and patchouli give it an exotic slant. This reminds me of the discontinued Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst I would reserve for a summer scent. After a while, the coconut and vanilla really start to pop out. I was this close to purchasing a FB, but I purchased Bosom Bows instead since it was back in stock. If that one had never come back in stock, I think this would be a fine substitute. It has a smooth, tropical vibe to me. And the coconut doesn't turn plasticky! I have worn this for my hair appointment and it gave good results. My most favorite stylist tends to be moody some days and this one smoothed her out.

• 1 year later...

I put this one on, today and I really like it. So far, I smell honey and vanilla the most, then the orange blossoms. I'll be wearing it tomorrow while I run some errands. I only ran it up my wrist a couple times and smooshed it onto my other wrist, then put some right at the top of my cleavage. I'll probably try the same thing tomorrow but maybe I'll do a line from my cleavage to my belly button? 

Edited by SugarKitten

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I wore this one over Aja, same application as before, but I also put it on the back of my hands. Anyway, usually, at work I'm alone, but I got a chance to talk with a coworker who's normally a little distant, but she was an absolute chatterbox, yesterday. We had a couple very interesting conversations, and she seems like a really cool person. But usually, if she needs something, she'll just ask for that and not talk any more, so this was pretty out of character for her, initiating full conversations. 

- it was definitely this, after wearing different scents and mones since that interaction, she was back to normal. 

Edited by SugarKitten

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in just this today and even though the days just begun, I do believe I've gotten some hits?. Free food at my local coffee shop, for one. But aside from my hits, I'm definitely happier to be awake at this hour than usual. I'll count my chipper mood as a selfie. 

27 minutes ago, SugarKitten said:

I'm in just this today and even though the days just begun, I do believe I've gotten some hits?. Free food at my local coffee shop, for one. But aside from my hits, I'm definitely happier to be awake at this hour than usual. I'll count my chipper mood as a selfie. 

That’s awesome! :cat690:

I just got another that made me decide to try dominance early ... This woman was way too comfortable with me in the weirdest way. We don't know each other from cans of paint. I'm actually afraid to say much more about this just in case because one can never be too careful. I'll just say that even in the workplace (some of you already know from my reviews and welcome thread that my workplace seems to have more than a usual number of people with low social filters), I end up dealing with the strangest people... I think mones just increase the frequency, tbh. I wonder what effect putting dominance on top of this will have, though. I'm going to go review the scent right now while I contemplate this. 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love wearing this for afternoons with (girl)friends.  It's warm and  soft on me, long lasting but never too strong.  When I'm wearing Themyscira, we invariably talk for hours, and even though things get deep and personal, the somber mood never lingers likes it does sometimes when discussing serious or depressing topics. After we're done talking about something serious, we move on and the mood brightens and we'e laughing again. Maybe it's the A-nol in this? But yeah, when I'm wearing this we ALWAYS have an amazing time. 

Whoa, I just checked the ingredients had no ideas this had copulins! I wore this at work a few times because it always felt innocent to me! Oooops.