Coquette w/ Bang!

AD-Coquette_1.jpg

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BEE POLLEN ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment, health.

I. This. My nose is not smelling what I think these notes should smell like :huh: Let me try again...

That's how I felt at first. Wet I didn't know what I was smelling, then I gradually realized it was the fig. It seemed VERY green to me, just not what I was expecting from it I think. Then, after a few minutes, I got the honeysuckle and, I think, the musk? Then about 20 minutes in, everything just settles in. It's definitely a floral and the honeysuckle is prominent. I'm not reading a foodie vanilla at all, but the bee pollen adds a really unique dimension to it (I like it in Pherogirl & UNE too). It's a bit too on the green side for me right now. I don't know if it's the fig amping with my chemistry :( I think I'll let this sit another day or 2 and give it another trial then. Looking forward to other reviews!

I'm getting what NuTrix is describing in her review. It's very fresh and very green. I forgot there was honeysuckle in this. I get no vanilla, no musk... This is undercover sexy. You will be smelling all nature-girl and innocent, they won't know what hit em once BANG quietly makes it's move. This is such a soft green, slightly clean scent. Not at all what I expected from reading the notes. The honeysuckle is not a very sweet one. I think the green I'm smelling must be the fig? This is such a pretty scent and I can picture wearing it on a sunny spring day.

Could this be the first scent with Bang! that really works on me?

It is odd, certainly; sort of in between foodie and floral, sweet and dry at the same time.

But I find I keep sniffing the back of my hand again and again.

The phero has fantastic self-effects for sure; I've been bubbly (well, bubbly for me) and outgoing all day, offering people who look lost to help them find their way, etc.

People have responded wonderfully as well, both men and women; very friendly and warm.

I'm just not sure how I would feel about wearing larger amounts of this; I tried out a single swipe from the trial wand on the back of my hand about five hours ago, and that is still going strong.

This was one of my back-up forum freebies (Thank you).

When wet, this is interestingly very green, fresh and clean on me. It reminds me almost of a male fragrance, a combination of Totem Lamb, Panda and Beaver.

After dry-down, it stays fresh, a tiny bit floral. I get no vanilla, no honeysuckle, nothing sweet - it is very odd. I like the scent, but I am not sure that on my skin it is congruent with Bang!, I'd rather pair it with SWS or OW. Of course, it may also be the travel shock. I think I'll have to give it another try in a week or so.

I thought my skin wouldn't like this because of the honeysuckle, and I have a history with honeysuckle (when I was a kid we had a honeysuckle vine and the nastiest wasps and hornets ever lived in that thing). I don't get honeysuckle at all! Joy! It's a little green to begin with but it dries down into the loveliest vanilla musk with a warm and almost woody depth from the fig. When I was testing this I didn't have the notes in front of me and almost thought the fig was oak. Probably a body chemistry thing. But yes, this another unexpected one I will need a bottle of.

Took this for a run all day and, while BANG! performed superbly, I believe this is just not a scent meant for me. I will hang onto my vial, but no FB this time.

Invidiana - I think I understand the "woody" note you're describing but I think I'm lumping it into the green feel I'm getting. I didn't get much honeysuckle today, as a matter of fact, I'd forgotten it was even supposed to be in there until now. I think the fig had me distracted :lol:

I completely forgot this had Honeysuckle in it. So when I applied it I got a surprise because I get a lot of honeysuckle here. That's fine, I love honeysuckle. On my skin I get warm, yellow honeysuckle with the green fig, an earthy note (not dirty tho) and silky dusting of bee pollen. It's all very different from any scent that I've seen with Bang. I like it. IMO, I love the dusky scent of the bee pollen with the honeysuckle. I took out my well aged bottle of "Sugared Honeycomb" and I love the aged scent. Given how honey scents morph and age I'll bet this one is a keeper.

Very soft, warm and sexy.

Edited by StacyK

I put this on and got a rush of nostalgia. It reminds me of my grandma hanging the wash on the line in her backyard. This is so light and springy, I can't even BELIEVE there's Bang! hidden in here. It's very fresh and green to start with, almost too much so on my skin, but as it dries down, it warms up. I get more vanilla, and the fig is so lush and sensual. My nose kept drifting back to this one when i was testing it. I'm going to have to give it a proper wearing to decide.

This is SO different in vial vs on skin. In vial it is smells "thin" and is quite pointy. Wet, it immediately brought to mind the inimitable Pony describing how she amps fig, that it stands up and raises its tiny fig arms and shouts "I RULE!" Green fig definitely does that on me. Very tart and green indeed, plus with a freshly snapped tulip stem kind of green aspect too.

But within a couple of minutes that all settled down and was completely wrapped and smothered with a velvety, plush vanilla musk...that LPMP vanilla musk... with a pinky-white creamy girly softness I'd probably never have identified as honeysuckle.

Something about that as it emerges, is very sentimental for me too, BB. There was a honeysuckle riot on the fence near a place I lived when I was 3-4 years old and I remember playing by it / sucking the blooms with my "best friend", so maybe that's it even though I don't consciously recognize the honeysuckle as such.

ZERO COPS SMELL at ANY stage. Incredible!

ETA the bang was WAY too much firepower for this morning. It continues its run as an almost excesively effective popularity potion and :Emoticons04235:-maker for me ... luv eet

Edited by tyvey

Tyvey, I agree about the pink. As time went on, this got warmer and pinker. I'm almost getting a soft spicy note out of this that I can't imagine where it's coming from. The fig? Bee pollen? I asked the marine what he thought, and he nearly went crossed eyed, either from the delicious scent or the Bang, I'm not sure which. This unexpectedly shot up to the top of my list. Full bottle fo' sho'!!!!!

I wasn't feeling this one in vial. I'll have to update after I try it on my skin.

ETA: Oh thank heaven, this one doesn't work on me! Kind of reminds me of grandma's candy dish on my skin, actually.Yay, for my wallet, lol.

Edited by Beccah

Is it possible that I'm interpreting the fig as sandalwood ? To me, this is a divine unisex scent mostly made of sandalwood, which I adore. I may have to retrain my brain/nose to say NOOOO silly, that's the fig !!!!

In the vial I get very green the closet thing I can liken it to is grapes on the vine before they are ripe - very similar to totem bat which I also had a hard time discribing - on my skin it smells very much the same - I curious to see what SO thinks cuase he was a big fan of totem bat -

I'm with you androstenol and banshee... it stays green on my skin. Totem Bat, Lamb, Beaver - they are all more perfumey on my skin. This is just green, fresh, woody, and im pretty sure the word to describe my reaction is "sharp". I wish I got a tiny bit of sweetness :(

Edited by phergineer

My first trial was "interestingly pleasant but not sure about it". Maybe it was a weird nose day, though. I need to try it again, because just going by the list of ingredients, I should love this.

In the vial I get very green the closet thing I can liken it to is grapes on the vine before they are ripe - very similar to totem bat which I also had a hard time discribing - on my skin it smells very much the same - I curious to see what SO thinks cuase he was a big fan of totem bat -

Okay, I wore this to bed and applied it again this morning. I do love it! In terms of notes, I am getting mostly vanilla and fig, with the musk and pollen grounding it and letting it really meld into my skin. To my nose, the vanilla is similar to Ebil-ish 2014 vanilla. It is not overly floral, IMO, just in case the honeysuckle is making any flori-phobes afraid to try it.

So I tried this one this morning. I just love the label!

Like the description says, it's a very tangy green fig! That's all I could smell at first.. Super green and tart. After a bit, it dried down to a soft green musky scent, not unlike LP Terra Mater. It stays a bit brighter and sparklier (is that a word?) I'm not really getting any honeysuckle, at least not the kind I'm used to.

I think I like this better in the vial where I get a good mix of notes, it's lovely. On me I get the green fig which I normally love, but there's something melding with it which doesn't smell right on my skin. It may be that it's a bit tangy, normally I prefer a dry fig note. But I get how pretty and sophisticated it is even if it's not working for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the reviews this sounds like a must have for me. Bang in an innocent guise, just sneaking up an unsuspecting targets, and, zoom! Since I got my raise, I am allowing myself a little splurge on LP scents. And since Bang has been my go-to phero for a while, this is on the shopping list...

Pre pregnation- I wore this to sleep a few times. There was something that smelled so snuggly and relaxing to me. Looking at the ingredients I see that fig helps with sleep. One night when I wore this my husband woke me up to french kiss me like at 2am. I was like WUUUUUUUUUTTTT then he went back to sleep. I think he was sleep kissing.. must've been the BANG! LOL.

Edited by LadyVictoria

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like this when wet but it ended up surprising me and transforming into something I like. It smells very sharp and floral at first but it softens a lot as it dries down. The green fig comes out and I love the scent of fig. It's very fresh and light. I like that the scent doesn't overwhelm even though it covers bang perfectly!

I have been so busy, I'm just now testing some of my samples. This is just a no-no wet for me, after about an hour it transforms to fresh and light, but alas fig and me do not get along. Love Bang though, have it in the Un

• 2 weeks later...

This is very green and clean on me. Fresh on my skin, sadly, all I smell is detergent, up to the point it makes my nose itch. Drying down it softens, but I get no vanilla, musk or honeysuckle, none of the goodies I hoped would surface. And I havent had my usual she-Bang hits, either. Confused with this. I've combined it with Lost Luggage which I adore and is green in a much softer, gentler way. Too bad, i was so looking forward to an innocent smelling undercover sexy spring scent. I might just go with UN Bang and Lost Luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Something about this blend just sucked me in and won't let go... when I first got my pheromas sampler, Coquette went in the "it's ok but not FB caliber" column. I kept returning to it however, and then panic set in as I realized that little sample vial was now bone dry. Wet, it still seems a little sharp, causing me to hesitate (and I don't slather it - I'd rather build swipes if needed) but it dries down beautifully. I can't tell you I'm a fan of "fig" scent (wouldn't know it unless it smelled like a fig newton) but there is something present in Coquette that gives a subtle, fruit note that is yummy - certainly sets it apart.

It is unique, intriguing and the first scent using Bang! that I've actually gotten hits from. It is very hard to describe the various nuances present in Coquette. It is hauntlngly different and sexy (without being overpowering with a thick honey edge as many 'sex blends' have)

Inspired me to go out and buy a gorgeous corsette to wear on NYE too! Both were a HUGE hit with my SO.

Edited by LoveStruck

• 4 months later...

This has aged so well. I love fig so much but on release I found the fig here too tart for my taste. It's still a firm green fig. But, it's rounded out so well. The notes have aged and blended well. I love the bee pollen & honeysuckle which I can really smell now that the young fig has calmed down. The musk is soft and adds to the diffusion of the scent without dominating it. Then there's The Big Bang! :heart:

Total win!! Grabbed a second FB today.

• 2 months later...

This starts out floral and almost soapy then morphs into something sophisticated, like a department store perfume without the headache. I can’t figure out what note it is, but it smells good and not foody. I also think it's because the fig is green and then I am getting the honeysuckle. On the drydown, it really becomes good. The green burns off and a yummy sweetness comes out -- the musk and vanilla? I don’t know why, but it makes me think of the renaissance fair, like the scent of a fair blonde maiden -- probably the corset on the label. :P I want to say it reminds me of Revlon's Scoundrel from the 80's that I used to wear as a teen because it really starts smelling familiar and the scent memory sends me to that time in my life. However, if this didn't have Bang! in it, I would probably pass it up. I smell it, I put it on, and then wonder why I selected it. -_- Then that drydown takes effect and I remember why. I don't know if I get hits, but the pheromones make me "think" I'm sexy, so it's worth it. :D