Steamy Bikini w/ Gotcha!

AD-SteamyBikini_1.jpg

COCONUT WATER ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
CACTUS FLOWER ~ Protection, endurance, warmth, love, inspiration, sacred gateway to the spirit world.
SMOKED SUGAR CANE ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

Mara told me this was her favorite of the month and I can see why - it's refreshing in a way which reminds me of Christine's Tropical Musk, with a lush sweet decadent tropic aura - the smoked sugarcane note adds just the perfect accent in the top layer. It enables one of those resort fantasies with a cute cabana boy to fulfill my every desire, blue sky, hot sun and sparkling sea, and a fragrant breeze.

ok so I let the box sit for a few hrs and I have a sec for a quick first review.

YUMM!! I :heart: this SM! Like totally !

All the beach bunnies and former BB's will love this. If the smell of mist and sweet suntan oil left on your skin is something you liked, this will bring those memories back.

On my skin, it's the "ideal skin" scent of a baked bunny après sunning. It's a bit like soft suntan oil and a little moist skin if your skin smelled really awesome dude!

I'm in flashback mode. This smells like I'm skating down to the beach with my girlfriends. Laying out on my big towel, gossiping, boy watching and walking over to Perry's Pizza to get a slice,

This is the smell of beachy goddess sweat.

I want more :)

Edited by StacyK

It's a bit like soft suntan oil and a little moist skin if your skin smelled really awesome dude!

Yeah I would agree with that.

It is.

Even more so now. So close and soft on the long dry down. it's a sensual beach skin scent. It's so sweet and pretty now. :)

BTW.. I love the "smoked sugar" it's amazingly atmospheric. In the long dry down the scent becomes casually elegant.

Edited by StacyK

OH CRAP!! I just slathered this on AT WORK... it smelled SO good (no it didn't people, I'm lying and no one should order this one before I do)...I forgot it was phero enhanced. I'm *damned* though if I wash it off. It smells that good!

Beach in a Bottle!

OH CRAP!! I just slathered this on AT WORK... it smelled SO good (no it didn't people, I'm lying and no one should order this one before I do)...I forgot it was phero enhanced. I'm *damned* though if I wash it off. It smells that good!

Beach in a Bottle!

At work!!! :lol:

This scent is so DAMN sexy! You're going to DIHL some coworkers. The other women are going to get so chatty.

Have fun!

At work!!! :lol:

This scent is so DAMN sexy! You're going to DIHL some coworkers. The other women are going to get so chatty.

Have fun!

I'm finding I am VERY chatty today... like souped up on caffeine.

I'm finding I am VERY chatty today... like souped up on caffeine.

:lol: Maybe a combo of your AM coffee & Gotcha?

Gotcha always gives me an energy boost! I love it and I always wear it to work. Women react very positively to me with Gotcha!

Ok. This scent. OMGGG THIS SCENT! It's amazing. It's everything Stacey said. I can't describe it any better. It's a smooth sexy skin scent created created by and for a Goddess.

Call me a hoochie, but I have no problem with Gotcha at work! :lol:

This was so intriguing in the vial, and I *love* it on my skin... the smoked sugar cane note is UNH-mazing, and the coconut water gives it the perfect beachy feel. I love white amber in just about anything, and the cactus flower in this makes me want to try the Sugared Cactus Flower (uh-oh, you know what that means ;) another round of decanting the Sugareds)

Going on my bottle list!

Call me a hoochie, but I have no problem with Gotcha at work! :lol:

This was so intriguing in the vial, and I *love* it on my skin... the smoked sugar cane note is UNH-mazing, and the coconut water gives it the perfect beachy feel. I love white amber in just about anything, and the cactus flower in this makes me want to try the Sugared Cactus Flower (uh-oh, you know what that means ;) another round of decanting the Sugareds)

Going on my bottle list!

There's a Sugared Cactus flower? Um I'd like to please get in on that decant. :)

Yes I love the cactus flower in this. So elegant and pretty. Its present throughout. But, It really comes out in the dry down and I love it.

After reading all the reviews, I'm hoping this will be that day-at-the-beach scent. You've been playing in the water, you're drying in the sun..which is setting, and the gang from up the beach has started a bonfire to do a clam bake. There's a party coming up, but right now, the sun is warm and you need a little nap before the fireworks start.

Edited by Wanderlust

There's a Sugared Cactus flower? Um I'd like to please get in on that decant. :)

I think so - it's the one with the desert hottie on the label... oh, it's Cactus Fruit... dang. Well, I still wanna try it ;)

After reading all the reviews, I'm hoping this will be that day-at-the-beach scent. You've been playing in the water, you're drying in the sun..which is setting, and the gang from up the beach has started a bonfire to do a clam bake. There's a party coming up, but right now, the sun is warm and you need a little nap before the fireworks start.

Mmmm, that's exactly it!!!

It doesn't really have a smokiness to it, though, IMO - it's just an intense quality of the sugarcane, which is normally a more transparent note in a scent.

This is the smell of beachy goddess sweat.

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing::relaxing: I can't say it any better than this. My fav of the NR. Everything is balanced perfectly - not too much of any one note. It reminds me of another LP that I can't put my finger on right now!

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing::relaxing: I can't say it any better than this. My fav of the NR. Everything is balanced perfectly - not too much of any one note. It reminds me of another LP that I can't put my finger on right now!

Oh a new fav. :relaxing:

LOVE the scent - unabashedly sexy beach bunny - and it conveys somehow, specifically, a blazing sunny beach day that is silent and still, with no wind - SO atmospheric! A bit of plasticky threatened to peek out now and then - can't figure out what from the notes

Ok so when I first put this on I was like whaaaaa? It seriously smelled like salty limes. Anyone else? Just me? Well thank goodness I decided to keep wearing it. (Baby is napping- so I figured what the hell. I don't want to expose him to pheros) but anyway, the coconut water is gorgeous and I'm getting more of that smoked sugar. I was cleaning up and kept smelling this lovely lush coconut and remembered I was wearing this. This is beach bunny smell. Hot sand, salty wet hair, and beachy coconut breezes.

For some reason, this stings my skin. Like really stings my skin no matter where I put it. And when I put it on, it has a really chemical smell. I really want this to work! I like the green aloe smell and the coconut water so much.

Woah, this one did. not. work. I don't scrub too many LPs off, but this was a scrubber. Oh, well, can't win them all. The list of notes sure sounded good.

It's hard to explain what I didn't like. I think it is just a chemistry clash, and it seems like it is the amber that is not working. It is turning strong and cheap and masculine on me. It doesn't smell that way in the vial.

Wow..the beachiest of the beachy ones. On me, it delivers exactly the ingredients it contains. Of course I do have to confess that I have no idea what a cactus flower smells like! I agree with luna regarding the smokiness not being there to my nose. No smoke up my nose st all! When I first popped the vial open, it was ALL about, "Gimme some SUGAR, baby!" I was a bit overwhelmed by the strength of it at first, but upon dry down, it's a warm, super sweet coconut smell. Makes me want to add some rum, pineapple, and orange and cherry garnish with a cute little paper umbrella. Something is keeping it from going over the top icky sweet and I can only guess it must be that cactus flower? Beach bunnies rejoice. This one has that vibe that beach ladies love. Too much so to be my thing, but really, I do think it came out great!

Omg full bottle for sure for me if there was any question. Last night I wore Candy Cotton Clouds to bed (that one is so comforting and perfect for a peaceful sleep) but I reached into my bowl of NR's next to my bed to take a whiff of this after reading reviews and like a complete asshole fiddled with it and dropped it spilled it on my shirt. Not to panic, I saved most of it. First of all, a little goes a long way. But anyway....I woke up this morning and couldn't even wrap my head around how amazing this smells. It smells fuzzier somehow on my shirt. Yes these notes somehow smell warm and fuzzy. I think it's the coconut water and white amber combo. I am not a huge fan of white Amber generally but it works here.

This one is really interesting. I'm not getting the intensely beachy feel that everyone else is. There's coconut, but it's just a hint. The smoked sugar cane isn't exactly smoky, but there's something natural smelling about it. I can definitely relate to the warmed skin vibe. There's a light hint of something peppery when I first put this on. I can't decide if it's the amber or the sugar cane. Whatever it was, it was awesome, a great grounding note to an otherwise light scent. I definitely have to test this with a proper slather.

:hearts0425: About 10 years ago I spent 9 weeks living on a little beach in Mexico where they burned coconut husks at night to keep the mosquitos at bay. One whiff of Steamy Bikini and I'm right back there, sitting on the beach, watching the waves roll in under the full moon. I swear, for me this scent manages to conjure both the way the air smelled there in the evenings, and the way my skin smelled every morning, all in one glorious huff. This is freakin' gorgeous and romantic and I think I'm in love!!! Mara you are an absolute GENIUS!!! :w00t: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Edited by Eggers

I'm still really struggling with this scent. It immediately goes to sour chemical smell on me and my skin starts to burn at the application points. I wanted a scent like my beloved calyxx and this almost does it with the cool green aloe-y notes. But for some reason, after trying twice, I can't get over the chemical smell that comes from the Gotcha (which doesn't happen with the UN gotcha). Bummer.

I can't speak. I'm drooling. This is coconut, "fresh-cracked" (as Luna said). Crazy-fresh!

Ok. After the dry down:

Tropical combined with the desert. Having spent a good amount of time in the the Arizona desert, I can attest to juicy, watery plants that are prized for their valuable life-giving qualities, and, to the flowering plants who let everyone know the desert is a living thing. In the Catalinas the entire desert blooms. When we drove to Gates Pass, we'd hike through the miracle of Tucson springtime. We'd sit at the top of the ridge and the wind would swirl the scented sand all around us. When the sun would get high noonish, there'd always be a bit of a scorched earth note mixed in, but it is somehow refreshing in the pure-dry sense. Once we got too hot, we'd hike back down the pass, planning to hit the pool when we got home. The combination of suntan oil and desert flowers, dreams of the cool blue of the swimming pool..this is it. I am transported back to the beloved mountains and desert. Thank you for this vacation.

Edited by Wanderlust

The smoked sugarcane note--can I say divine? That with the coconut makes this scent something really different from any coconut scent I've come across before, and addictive. Along with the sensual aspect, there's also a refreshing aspect to this, which is a godsend in this horribly hot weather. It's probably coming from the cactus flower and the coconut water note (as opposed to coconut cream). We need, need, NEED another scent with smoked sugarcane in the future because it's that good. I can imagine it would go wonderfully with all sorts of *ahem* fall notes...just sayin'...

I quite like this one as it smells exactly as the title suggests, beachy and hot with a hint of fresh floral, which I'm guessing is the cactus flower. But unfortunately the smoked sugar cane smells of cigarettes to my SO, which he hates, so no FB for me of this one. :-(

Oh, Steamy Bikini, what a journey this has been!

Of all the NRs, this was the one I was most excited to try. Gotcha is one of my all-time favorite pheros and the notes sounded amazing. Then the initial reports came in about it being the ultimate beach bunny scent and I tore my hair and sobbed a little that I hadn't gone full bottle.

Well, sampler arrived last week and this is my third time trying SB. The first two were stunningly awful -- my skin turned it into the chemical burned paper thing a couple of people have described.

Today we have finally come to an understanding. It went on a little bit raw but settled down really quickly and I am FINALLY getting something close to what others describe -- a close wearing skin scent with something a little juicy and a little sweet but tinged with smoke. I like it but I'm not in love with it the way I expected to be.

Right now I am feeling that I am probably not going to go full bottle on this because I have so many summer scents right now that I adore, but it's also possible that as my nose gets used to what the scent is I shall move it into the "must have" category. It's definitely not like any other summer scent I'm smelled before, and I'm noticing that I keep checking in with my wrist to see what it's doing now. We shall see!

That's interesting. This is probably my #1 fav of the NRs. Seaside Sizzle is close but it evokes a more sophisticated feel (with a raw sexy undertone).

IDK about "chemical" but I can see how some people might not like the scent. I mean that as being aside from someone who's skin chemistry just say poo poo to it.

It's so very specific to me. Growing up by the ocean/beach. It's not tropical to me. But it is very reminiscent of the smells of tanning and delicately sweating skin on the beach or really après beach.

I get visions of sunning on my towel and skating home.

That dewy skin musk of beach and sweat might not be for everyone. But I like it. :)

Haha, I put Steamy Bikini on today and wasn't thinking about the phero, just like someone else posted earlier. Chatty would be the word of the day, especially from the wife of a co-worker, who talked me up for a long time this morning, seemingly out of the blue. It seemed totally weird at the time, but makes sense now. No hits from guys, but I haven't been around many yet today. I had not noticed anything special with Gotcha before, (in Exotica and Secret Sweetness, which both didn't work for me) probably because it wasn't in a fragrance that really clicked with me like Steamy Bikini does.

Steamy Bikini is my idea of what the beach should smell like. Very coconut forward, but light. All that's missing is the smell of decaying jellyfish, lol.

• 5 months later...

You guys! It's an LP miracle!

So after falling madly in love with Tyvey's Eternal Summer, I decided I needed to give Steamy Bikini another try, and this time I'm getting the total magical best beachy scent ever! Jlisa, I initially had the same issue with feeling burning on application points, and it's gone! I am just snuffling my arm madly and wondering if I need a back up bottle now. This is so evocative -- I had one summer where I got to visit a friend whose family was renting a house on Martha's Vineyard, and I'm completely transported. Sand dunes, beach grass, the tang of salt in the air...

Also -- this is gorgeously congruent with Gotcha, which might be my favorite phero of all time. :purr:

• 3 months later...

It's disgustingly hot in SoCal today and I wanted something fun, flirty, and fresh. That's exactly what this is! How come this is not sold out yet??? The added bonus to this delicious beach smell, is GOTCHA, or as I like to call it GOTCHAMUTHAFUCKER.. Because this really does get them. Every time I wear this it's like knees weak good times. My husband is currently in a coma and I want steak. Yeah.. It's that good!! I think I also threw out my spine, where that one bone meets the base of my neck. I swear this stuff makes you feel 18 again.

• 1 year later...