Oh Eggers! I have the fade quick problem with Fuzzy Wuzzy like that :mellow: I love this one and am lucky it lasts and lasts! I would say use lotion first so your skin doesn't eat it up but I did that with FW and still...POOF! gone.

Does anyone know: Has anyone ordered the spray? If we order the sprays, are they @ 1000mcg per bottle? Like the x1? I haven't ordered a fragrance in a spray form yet but I'm thinking I would like to :)

Thanks!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Eggers! I have the fade quick problem with Fuzzy Wuzzy like that :mellow: I love this one and am lucky it lasts and lasts! I would say use lotion first so your skin doesn't eat it up but I did that with FW and still...POOF! gone.

Does anyone know: Has anyone ordered the spray? If we order the sprays, are they @ 1000mcg per bottle? Like the x1? I haven't ordered a fragrance in a spray form yet but I'm thinking I would like to :)

Thanks!

I *think* it's the same as the oil...333mcg. I'm thinking the price would be much higher if the phero was 1000mcg :)

Thanks!

I used body oil about an hour before I applied. Maybe a lotion would "grab" the scent better than oil? Maybe I'll try that. Either way, it stuck around *just* enough for me to appreciate it. Perhaps it's just that I got used to the smell?

I used body oil about an hour before I applied. Maybe a lotion would "grab" the scent better than oil? Maybe I'll try that. Either way, it stuck around *just* enough for me to appreciate it. Perhaps it's just that I got used to the smell?

It disappears quickly on me too. I will try the lotion trick next time :)

I lotion up right after my shower and let my skin soak it up for 10 minutes or so before adding my perfume oil. My hope is that my skin sill suck up the moisture it needs and leave my smell goodies linger lol. The only time it didn't seem to help was with FW so I hope it works! Will cross my fingers & toes for you both! :D

@ MrsC I thought 1000mcg seemed like e lot, was thinking it might change the scent too. All the sprays I've gotten were unscented except Passion and Desire, and I don't have that in oil to compare.

Does anyone have a scent in both oil AND spray and if so, do you feel that the alcohol changes the fragrance at all?

Having compared this with halo's Angelique a bit further, there is a difference in the musk signature - I think Angelique is actually muskier, which I wouldn't have expected, but I suppose that's a byproduct of the aging process. Once they dry down that's when they smell the most alike to me, although Odalisque is still softer overall.

For me it's a total creamier darker, sluttier version than Angelique. This is Diabolique.

Now see that would be interesting if it smelled that way on me.

I don't find this smells anything like Halo's Angelique on me. That was weirdly flowery (but some chocolates do that on my skin).

This is gorgeous though. It's not foody but it is, not floral but it is. I'm a little bit in love. BI is a waste on me (I get zero hits ever) but I'll wear it anyways just for the scent.

Right off the bat this is extremely foody to me. When I sniffed the vial the first thought I had was chocolate. On my skin it seems very sweet. Honey, and cocoa butter are very prominent. It's not the usual scent I go for. This is very sticky sweet and heavy, but I could wear this from time to time when the mood hits.

Augh, I need to find a good place to try out the pheros! I can't comment on phero effects.

I don't find this smells anything like Halo's Angelique on me. That was weirdly flowery (but some chocolates do that on my skin).

This is gorgeous though. It's not foody but it is, not floral but it is. I'm a little bit in love. BI is a waste on me (I get zero hits ever) but I'll wear it anyways just for the scent.

I get the flowery thing too, I almost smell a hint of rose.. To my nose this is less buttermilk than Angelique and more cakey.

I just refreshed with this and omg I love it more and more each time I wear it. It's so musky and creamy. Today it faded fast. I notice that the musky and creaminess hang out for a very long time, very potent then it becomes very toned down after about an hour and a half, but it's still there.. yum!

Make that the last FOUR bottles . . . sorry! LOVE this stuff!!!

Mara NEVER lets her fans down! :love:

So we're down to three . . . who are the lucky ladies tonight?

Edited by Just Ducky

Hoarded all I'm going to, lol, leaving what's left, barely grudgingly, to other fans :lol:

MMM. Straight out of the vial onto my skin, I get Chocolatey Yumminess :) ... drying down to deliciously sweet buttery warmth... creamy...soft and sweet.

As for the BI- effect: Hee, hee... it's My Beloved's birthday... and there is nothing like buttercream frosting for breakfast in bed on one's birtday. 'nuf said.

And, just checked the LP shopping cart... only 2 more full bottles of this yummy scent in the cart!

The unphero'd version of this tones down the lavender in Fuzzy Wuzzy pretty well, and I'm sure it'll be great with Sex & Violins. I'd get another bottle of it if it weren't for the fact I'll probably focus more on unscented phero blends around the end of the year. Anyway, this is a great fragrance to layer with, so if you're going to make an impulse buy now is a good time.

Wait, so once the bottles are gone you'll never make it again? How do you decide what comes back and what doesn't?

Most things don't come back. It's rare, because each perfume is created as a wearable work of art. Even when I'm trying to keep really good records of what ingredients I am adding in what measure, there's also a degree of spontaneity - a touch of this, a touch of that, so that no two brew editions ever come out exactly the same. Ingredient availability is also a major issue. We have over 100 suppliers all over the world and with almost every brew I make, I am using the last of at least 1 ingredient. Replacing that ingredient is not always possible. The naturally sourced oils change subtly or dramatically from year to year. Companies come and go. I may have to use different similar ingredients. So for a lot of reasons, they are never exactly the same. We release 10+ new blends every month. The concept of the company is that they are almost all limited editions. You enjoy them while they are there and then move on to the next new discovery. :) Only chemically mass produced fragrances are going to be the same every single time.

I saw the stickie. Oh, that breaks my heart! It's like going into many love affairs knowing you're going to get your heart broken sooner rather than later! Oh well. At least it's a lot of fun along the way, and I see from different reviews that some new perfumes remind users a lot of older perfumes, so fans have something to get to assuage their broken hearts :D

I saw the stickie. Oh, that breaks my heart! It's like going into many love affairs knowing you're going to get your heart broken sooner rather than later! Oh well. At least it's a lot of fun along the way, and I see from different reviews that some new perfumes remind users a lot of older perfumes, so fans have something to get to assuage their broken hearts :D

I used to worry a bit but I have realized my attention span just doesn't hold out anyway for one particular scent. New ones are coming at me so fast! I think I am in so much love and then BAM! Here comes one and I abandon my last love. I come back to it but BAM! again! Here comes another!

I don't know...we just have to have faith in the Grand Plan. Mara will make it all work out I think.

Technically most natural based products are all limited edition, even baked goods and chilled & frozen desserts and dishes have to deal with ingredients-grain included-whose biochemistry and water content varies from year to year or even month to month. In the cosmetics industry reformulations with at least some slight differences are pretty inevitable unless they're labmade with industrial ingredients. You will rarely if ever get the same thing twice.

Edited by Queen of Swords

No, no, no...you're looking at it all wrong, lol.

It's more like someone coming into your life and bringing you great joy, loving you as you need to be loved in that moment, and then, before you fall into complacency, you are handed off to another, equally wonderful, but new and exciting lover. You will never grow bored and you will remember them all with fondness and affection :love:

Isn't this SO much better? ^_^

It's more like someone coming into your life and bringing you great joy, loving you as you need to be loved in that moment, and then, before you fall into complacency, you are handed off to another, equally wonderful, but new and exciting lover. You will never grow bored and you will remember them all with fondness and affection :love:

Cute!!!!!

You know, I stockpiled a couple of scents out of fear that I wouldn't have them anymore, but you know, I've collected so much in the years I've been here that I haven't even finished the first bottles, much less the stockpile! So don't be sad when your current fave goes away, because 1000 more will come!

But perfume oils aren't people.

It's a metaphor.

I've come to look at it as...I'm so lucky to have found so many I love, and get to have a bottle (or bottles) of, because you just never know what might happen. I'm amazed Mara's artistry is so synergistic to my own tastes.

Anyway, more seriously, LPMP seems to tend to make somewhat different versions of releases years later on occasion, and besides, I've recently started becoming distracted by other indies again recently as well. Just as long as you learn to not get in to a panic over what you can't have 24/7 you'll be fine-that's part of my philosophy about that at least.

Jeez, I wish this would have happened to me in real life.... I love your outlook

Yup, not having something 24/7 is something that I'm trying to actively integrate into my life and it's been working out the past couple of weeks.

I'm not worried about a blend not being the exact same thing. I was more stating that there might not even be an option to have something "close" to a certain perfume I absolutely love. I guess, when I start falling in love, I'll have to write down the scents and pheromone blends and just keep an eagle eye out for those that come along after that have some similarities.

I guess, when I start falling in love, I'll have to write down the scents and pheromone blends and just keep an eagle eye out for those that come along after that have some similarities.

YesYes! Write them down! And don't forget if you come to a point where you're looking for that special "something" you could even work with Mara to create your own unique PE :)

I know, but you can't get to know these things um, biblically. :P

Hehe. Maybe not...but I've allowed EVERYthing from LP to 2nd base! :lol: and even some very near the treasure box... They have "caressed" arms, thighs, abdomen, neck...nibbled my ears, fondled my....

I'll have to write down the scents and pheromone blends and just keep an eagle eye out for those that come along after that have some similarities.

Part of the adventure, though, is finding those scents you had no idea you would love! Mara has changed many of our minds regarding certain notes/types of fragrances numerous times.

Part of the adventure, though, is finding those scents you had no idea you would love! Mara has changed many of our minds regarding certain notes/types of fragrances numerous times.

True that! The very thought of lavender or patchouli used to make me recoil in horror. Now my favorite scents are Fuzzy Wuzzy and Sex & Violins!