I agree I would buy a lot of it as an un-pheroed scent but for me the LFM seems to be just the phero I would choose anyway. The love for the TMI scent ended up with the addition of Carmel Musk...I am just hoping for something like that. With only 4 notes this is such a wonderful scent. It is like color blending...you can start with the primary colors but look at how many colors can come out of it. This has the 4 notes but is a very complex scent.

ETA: I will leave a little extra room in my budget in case this gets rebrewed

Edited by irish eyes

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a pity, I don't think this one works on me...

The scent is really pretty and beautiful, but (like with scented Cougar) it just does not feel like it wants anything to do with me.

And so far, the results of LFM have been underwhelming as well.

I think I will hang on to both of my samples, but I'm putting my bottle up for trade.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on the fence with this one. My skin usually doesn't like sandalwood but I had hoped this one would be different. (Same philosophy works for dating, right?!)

It's a lovely scent and wonderfully crafted, but my chemistry doesn't care. I hate chemistry.

I'm still on the fence with this one. My skin usually doesn't like sandalwood but I had hoped this one would be different. (Same philosophy works for dating, right?!)

It's a lovely scent and wonderfully crafted, but my chemistry doesn't care. I hate chemistry.

Well my chemistry loves it.. sooo if you don't want it..hehemm

Edited by StacyK

The Sandalwood and Nutmeg in this one are just magnificent on me, I'm blown away by how much I love this one….

The blend is so great, its very sheer. I does make me wonder what a Sensual Harmony with a spice note would be like.

Wore this today for LFM but of course the scent is WONDERFUL!

Fleur - COMPLETELY agree!

Got a fantastic deal on a 2012 SUV (the one that we had - that is now totaled - is the same model but was a 2009)...it's amazing how they depreciate within a year's time...good for us though! All the bells and whistles, 1 owner, less than 15,000 miles crazy what they'll give you right before the end of the year and all the poor car has to do is sit on the lot too long, Tehehee....Unfortunately they didn't give it to us for free - I asked though :lol: But my hubby is a totally happy camper with his "new ride"...I myself am loving the stereo system...Go LFM! - and La Sylphide! :love:

So happy to hear that it worked out great with the car buy. It sucks how you got it but as long as you're ok and you got some snazzy upgrades, then congrats!!

As for La Sylphide, I wish I could have loved it as much as everyone else. It just wasn't me. Hopefully it's gotten a lot more attention and love in its new home. :)

Thanks Storemy - always a silver lining )

I'm sorry to hear that about you and LS...I'll bet you've made someone tremble with happiness to give it a home though :D There was probably a line to your door I'd wager Hahaha!

I gave this one another try today to experiment with the LFM. Lo' and behold, this is working for me now! Somehow the sandalwood has taken a backseat and the vanilla is so much better than when I originally tried. Sneaky little scent! I couldn't wear Sensual Harmony and had to trade away, but that was because I think it had mica, which I am itchy/scratchy allergic to.

Figures, I would fall for one that has already came and left. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a rebrew or stumbling across it on the trading forum.

The blend is so great, its very sheer. I does make me wonder what a Sensual Harmony with a spice note would be like.

Dang, I need to locate my bottle of Sensual Harmony, its in a purse somewhere, now just to find that purse….LOL

I bet that Sensual Harmony with spice would be amazing….

So happy to hear that it worked out great with the car buy. It sucks how you got it but as long as you're ok and you got some snazzy upgrades, then congrats!!

As for La Sylphide, I wish I could have loved it as much as everyone else. It just wasn't me. Hopefully it's gotten a lot more attention and love in its new home. :)

It absolutely has Stormey, I can't thank you enough! :thank-you:

• 3 weeks later...

There are more!

I don't know how to find out how many, but I was able to put it in the cart. When I tried to order Katerina Suit in my last order, when it got to paypal, it told me it was sold out. That didn't happen with La Sylphide...but now I've went ahead and made another order :rolleyes: I'm hopeless :lol:

I was wearing this tonight out for drinks and dinner with hubby and friends. This SMELLS SO wonderful, I forget it's phero'd.

My Un of LFM is below halfway and though having La Sylphide has been giving that bottle a break...it won't last long :D LFM is one of my go-tos and I'm really pleased that I got a bottle and if my recent order goes through, and there really ARE more and it wasn't an error (crossing fingers, toes and eyes!), and I don't receive an email in the next couple days saying it was a boo-boo, then I'll be DANCING - like I'm sure others will be when they get theirs too :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

NuTrix, I had wondered about bottles in inventory myself for quite some time. Thanks to MissHazel's help, I figured out how to do it. I just made a mini tutorial in the General LPMP thread for everyone. Take a look and see if that will help. Sorry for thread jacking!

So far this is a great selfie (haven't field tested this yet) as Molls stated, powdery, soft lil sweet.. I get vanilla with a hint of nutmeg. I applied 5 or 6 swipes but will do half that when I wear it out tomorrow since I hear too much LFM can push people away.

I didn't think it was my imagination! I wore LS yesterday and today and a wonderful phenomenon happened wit the sandalwood. I'd say about 3-5 hours into wear the sandalwood became very prominent in an absolutely LOVELY way. It started yesterday when I thought it was one of the other women I was near...but when I moved away, it followed me. Then I realized it was ME! :heart: And it's the darndest thing too! When I go after it, to - you know - HUFF my wrist, it's not the same close up. But let it waft up from my wrists or collarbone? WOWZAH! Oh, and I put this on at 4:30 this morning and I'm writing this going on 6pm! LURV!

Yes, I finally succumbed on this one! It's funny -- it's not and never has been an instant love for me, this scent. And yet it's compelling -- I keep going back to my sample, and I can think of so many settings where I could wear this that I would NOT be able to do other scents that I have more of an instant salivation reaction to. This one is so classy. It's starting to feel a bit like Sneaky Clean to me, in that way. And I'm dying to have an LFM boosted perfume.

I decided to get it as a spray -- has anyone else tried it in that form?

I turned part of one of my bottles into a spray and it is wonderful. I use oil on my wrists and body then after I am dressed I spritz a couple sprays in my hair and on my sweater. I get the faster, wide spread diffusion from the spray and longer, closer to the body diffusion of the oil. Always have great results and great selfies from this one. It is one of those that you look in the mirror and say Damn I look good!! and it seems to have the effect of others treating me very well. Respectful and looking to my opinion for things. A bit of ogling from the men and women seem to be very polite. It doesn't seem to make men want to approach as quickly as some other blends but I love it.

Edited by irish eyes

I turned part of one of my bottles into a spray and it is wonderful. I use oil on my wrists and body then after I am dressed I spritz a couple sprays in my hair and on my sweater. I get the faster, wide spread diffusion from the spray and longer, closer to the body diffusion of the oil. Always have great results and great selfies from this one. It is one of those that you look in the mirror and say Damn I look good!! and it seems to have the effect of others treating me very well. Respectful and looking to my opinion for things. A bit of ogling from the men and women seem to be very polite. It doesn't seem to make men want to approach as quickly as some other blends but I love it.

Yay! Spritzing the hair is exactly what I was thinking of, glad to hear it works. Thanks irish eyes -- although this makes me wonder if I need a SECOND bottle in oil.... hee!

Yay! Spritzing the hair is exactly what I was thinking of, glad to hear it works. Thanks irish eyes -- although this makes me wonder if I need a SECOND bottle in oil.... hee!

I got both oil and spray as well! The spray is indeed great for your hair! The two combined (a spray in the hair and a few rolls on the body) are the best of both!

See I'd be going the other way and swiping a little of the oil version in my hair, and spraying mainly on clothes. I have a lot of perfumes and pheros in spray form and I love that they cling to hair and clothes for longer than they stay on your skin, so I used to spray my hair all the time. Then I found that it gets pretty drying for my hair quite quickly, because of the alcohol content. So just be wary of that- maybe it won't matter if your hair is a bit oilier naturally, but mine is wavy and a bit dry, so a little of the perfume oil actually helps keep it smooth.

^^^ Um - WELL YEAH!! ^_~

I got both oil and spray as well! The spray is indeed great for your hair! The two combined (a spray in the hair and a few rolls on the body) are the best of both!

See I'd be going the other way and swiping a little of the oil version in my hair, and spraying mainly on clothes. I have a lot of perfumes and pheros in spray form and I love that they cling to hair and clothes for longer than they stay on your skin, so I used to spray my hair all the time. Then I found that it gets pretty drying for my hair quite quickly, because of the alcohol content. So just be wary of that- maybe it won't matter if your hair is a bit oilier naturally, but mine is wavy and a bit dry, so a little of the perfume oil actually helps keep it smooth.

Thank you, ladies, that makes it much easier!

And I'm partly joking, but actually that's an excellent point I hadn't considered, Vladmyra. Thanks! Either way, second bottle clearly indicated!

Thank you, ladies, that makes it much easier!

And I'm partly joking, but actually that's an excellent point I hadn't considered, Vladmyra. Thanks! Either way, second bottle clearly indicated!

*** :Emoticons04263:THAT's our gurl! I LOVE enablement!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a trial vial of oil of this. As a fragrance, straight out of the vial, it's gorgeous, eyes-in-the-back-of-your-head delicious. Usually I don't go for vanilla-foody based scents, but this is really lovely. Reminds me of Christmas (not Egg Nog, just...Christmas). As it settles into my skin it becomes sweeter and more subdued- which saddens me as I loved the spiceyness of it. It remains lovely and wearable though. As it finally begins to wane on my skin (about an hour later or so), the vanilla has taken over a lot more, drowning out the sandalwood and nutmeg.

It's a beautiful scent, but with the drydown in combination with being just not very "me," I think I'll use up my trial vial (maybe save it as a Christmas fragrance) and let someone who loves this more have the full bottle.

However.

It did have several interesting effects on my husband. At first it was very hard to tell what was just him being his wonderful self and what might have been the oil. He asked to hold my hand after telling me he loved me- usually he doesn't ask, he just takes my hand (not that I'm complaining). But what was really interesting...

I have long, tailbone-length hair, so I usually wear it up in a high bun to keep it out of the way when I'm at home. I dabbed some on, including on the nape of my neck, and didn't tell him I was wearing anything- let alone something with pheros in it- just for a "blind" test. When I was in the kitchen making a snack, he suddenly came up behind me and kissed me right on the back of the neck. A few minutes later, on my way out of the kitchen, he did it again, only this time he nipped me. I have my hair up all the time and he never does that. As headed back to the computer room, after a noise of protest, he stopped and asked if I wanted to cuddle. While cuddling, he spooned up behind me and kept burying his face in the nape of my neck, taking deep breaths, and when I tried to roll over to face him, he wouldn't let me. :lol:

And then he finally goes, "What oil did you use last night in the bath?" referring to my collection of perfumed bath oils. "Why, do you like it?" And then he sighs, "Mhm..." (It wasn't bath oil, but I didn't tell him that yet.)

I have a lot of perfume. There has been exactly one (the first one he ever smelled on me, actually) in all my collection that he has actually liked. Not just, "It's nice." or "It's okay." But that happy little sigh of enjoyment liked. They are nothing alike (the other is also one of my favourites, a japanese solid perfume with a fresh peach blossom scent). It was so out of character for him that it was my 'marker' for something being extraordinary.

If he doesn't respond as well to the others, maybe I'll get a bottle after all...

Great story Princess! You could always try it in a scent locket. Then your body chemistry won't change it as much. It will still go through stages as all perfumes do but if he loves it that much it might be worth a try. You could also try to put a bit on clothing that is not directly touching your skin. I only do this with very dark clothes.

It doesn't actually change nearly as much as most perfumes do- especially ones with amber in them. It just gets sweeter and less spicy as time goes on. Not enough that I'd need to wear a scent locket, and...well all my clothes tend to be light coloured. I could put it in my hair though if I felt the need. :D It's actually something I would wear on my skin, as it's not bad, it's just not something I consider reflective of myself, and I generally like my perfumes to "feel like me."

What a great review! I really like this perfume and LFM is awesome! Love your hubby's reactions :D This certainly sounds like a winner :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wearing this today after converting my bottle to a spray 2 days ago. I'm loving it soooo much! I liked it to start with, but the scent has become a wondrous thing with a little ageing. It's somehow more soft and delicate and haunting.

This is one I've been thinking of converting as well!

Vladmyra - How long is your scent lasting in spray?

My only concern is that I will fog myself because I adore this scent so much. I can roll in the oil like catnip without smogging a room...I may lose control with a spray :lol: But it's a chance I think I want to take :)

I put it on in the afternoon and could still smell it a few hours later. I had used 7 sprays on different parts of clothes and hair.

One of the reasons I decided to convert to spray was because I had a full bottle that had only been tested (as originally the scent seemed too warm for summer), but when I opened and tested it a couple of days ago it had become so soft and delicate and perfumey. I was worried that in oil form the scent wouldn't waft at all, and might just be eaten by my skin because it was so quiet. It seems to really suit spray form.

I usually fog myself too (I had to convince myself to stop at 7 sprays in order not to OD on LFM). But this scent is so lovely and delicate that it wasn't at all overpowering. In fact, I would say it was quite subtle.

ETA: After one use it went on my current top five scent list, so make of that what you will! :Emoticons04235:

Edited by vladmyra

You make it sound fantastic! I'm going to have to give it a whirl.

It does wear very close in oil on me and a bit spritzed in my hair or on my blouse would really help move it around more and I really DO adore the scent, it was such a surprize...it's so NOT foodie but absolutey thrills me in spite of that - and LFM is a total fav!