• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't wait. I slathered this baby on. OMG! This is Halo's Angelique resurrected from the dead, Pet Semetary style! It's a bad ass motherfucker! Decadent, evilly sinfully creamy, ready to envelope your target in a blanket of thick deliciousness.

I get no honey. It starts off very similar to Angelique and stays creamier, gets darker and richer.

This is Halo's Angelique and Glistening Buttons battling it out in the steel cage!

Edited by LadyVictoria

OH! OH! OH! *eyes roll to back of head* WHAT IS THIS? OH! I knew I wanted a full bottle and I'm glad I ordered it because there is NO WAY this sample would have lasted! This IS slather worthy...NO NO MORE than slather worthy! *convulses with delight* Decadently delicious and room permeating upon initial application...the musk...THE MUSK! *shudders* hint of honey but the MUSK! OHSWEETGOODNESSME! Blather, blather, babble...I need to excuse myself until I can write a coherent review...oooooooohsweetgoodnessmeeeeee.......

Yeah this is a dead ringer for Angelique, IMO, if perhaps somewhat less sweet. It's like a softer version of the mix.

I wrote a poem based on the concept of the name:

Behind those heavy ornate doors

there is much decadence to be witnessed, from

the sire for whom everyone bows down

to the lowliest chambermaid, scrubbing that very same floor

which foreheads have touched in reverence.

And she observes a multitude of beauty

as the women move to and fro, in the daily routines

of their pampered lives.

The seraglio standing stern as a fortress

but inside is perfumed delight and soft surfaces.

She delights in the glamour and glitter

but even as the shadows lengthen and the music slithers

like the hips of dancers for the sultan’s pleasure

she wonders if one day she might be found

as coveted a treasure

as those who scarcely blink a kohl-rimmed eye to observe

her careful labors.

Ok. Apologies for earlier incoherent babbling. Not sure exactly WHAT came over me. I have NOT been drinking tonight. I am still not sure exactly WHAT happened. I think I am ok now... :in-love:

It really does permeate the room upon application. Strong sweet, foody, cocoa butter creamy, vanilla honey goodness and the amber musky depths just sent me over the edge! I never smelled anything like it EVER! It has mellowed considerably to a sweet creamy deliciousness but I have not ceased to huff my arms since application. Is it the addition of the BI? BI has never scent me into the tizzy I experienced when I put on Odalisque. 1 inch strips to wrists, backs of hands, dab behind each ear and 1 inch strip between breasts. I have applied more BI than that and in combination with other pheros and never went mental like I just did with Odalisque! :w00t: I am SO glad I got the full bottle of this. Maybe I shouldn't say so, because others will want it...yes, it's like THAT.

Can I get a witness from my sistas?! :Emoticons0424:

Yeah this is a dead ringer for Anglique, IMO, if perhaps somewhat less sweet. It's like a softer version of the mix.

I wrote a poem based on the concept of the name:

Behind those heavy ornate doors

there is much decadence to be witnessed, from

the sire for whom everyone bows down

to the lowliest chambermaid, scrubbing that very same floor

which foreheads have touched in reverence.

And she observes a multitude of beauty

as the women move to and fro, in the daily routines

of their pampered lives.

The seraglio standing stern as a fortress

but inside is perfumed delight and soft surfaces.

She delights in the glamour and glitter

but even as the shadows lengthen and the music slithers

like the hips of dancers for the sultan’s pleasure

she wonders if one day she might be found

as coveted a treasure

as those who scarcely blink a kohl-rimmed eye to observe

her careful labors.

Luna, you blow me away with your beautiful writing!

Edited by Mrschrissyrez

Beautiful poem, Luna!!

Odalisque is definitely a keeper - it covers the BI perfectly, and it's soft, sweet, almost a skin-type scent on me. I think it will work perfectly! The honey is not dirty, the cocoa butter doesn't take over, there's no plasticky feel like I get from some vanillas.

For me the primary difference is Angelique is sweeter and lasts longer; it has more of an intense gourmand character whereas Odalisque evolves into more of a sweetened skin scent, IMO.

Holy Vanilla-creamy-yummy-BI covering-magic! This one can be dabbed as it carries so well, and be sure he will attach his nose to wherever it's applied. I almost had to pry the man off my chest so we could finish watching a show last night. Even there this morning, too...lovely soft hints of scent that make you crave more.

For me the primary difference is Angelique is sweeter and lasts longer; it has more of an intense gourmand character whereas Odalisque evolves into more of a sweetened skin scent, IMO.

I totally agree Angelique lasts longer.

I agree with the others!! This is a deep Angelique smell, like how that would smell if it came out of the skin. It's not very sweet, but that works for this. I don't know if it's a full bottle yet; I have to watch how the honey plays, but so far so good!!

And I know and love BI. I forgot I was testing this when i went to the gym. I've decided BI and the gym don't work for me. It was packed, so I ended up on a treadmill right next to a dude, and he was doing some weird, weird mirroring.

This is like Angelique slipped into a black velvet dress with a thigh-high leg slit. I actually get more cocoa than Angelique, and the musk is a warmer, sexier type. The way the honey sexes up the chocolate reminds me a bit of Deliciously Wicked though this is an entirely different scent. And--I don't know but does BI make me feel more confident or something? I swear the self-effects these supposedly "sexual" pheros have on me are the best thing ever.

It has cocoa butter from Halo's, but it does do something different in the background, I've been finding Halo's a bit weird lately, my nose has gone hormonal- nuts. I'm not getting quite the same recoil factor from this but I'm going to have to try and sample this again when I am not so sensitive and weird.

Hmm... Okay, it *is* that TOTM for me, so my sniffer may be off a bit, but at first sniff, there seems to be something a little earthy in this, something that reminds me of Luv Truffle. :o (Not that that's a horrible thing; I love Luv Truffle). I haven't tried it on my skin, yet, 'cause I've been working pretty solidly for the last 36 hours, and I've got 6 more to go before I'm finished and can sample freely. (I CANNOT WAIT!). I'd love to wear this tonight, since BF is taking me to the movies, (Twilight! :) ), but I think it's going to be a FW kind of movie experience.

Hmm... Okay, it *is* that TOTM for me, so my sniffer may be off a bit, but at first sniff, there seems to be something a little earthy in this, something that reminds me of Luv Truffle. :o (Not that that's a horrible thing; I love Luv Truffle).

Probably the tonquin musk is making you think that.

Hmmm, this one went on fine. Smelled like chocolate in the vial but I got other notes too. Put a few dots on wrist, chest and neck.

Got vanilla and thought, "Yay I can wear this." but within 30 minutes the the honey and musk amped so strong I had to wash it off. It was if it kept getting stronger. The foody notes disappeared and all I could smell was musk/heavy perfume scent. Since honey is paired so much with musk and/or tonkin, I'm still not sure what amps so strong but I'm pretty sure it's the honey. The best way to describe it is sort of like heavy perfume/cat pee smell. I like the smell of honey scents like Phero girl, but I guess they just don't behave on my skin.

@ Raq On Oh no! That's so sad! I totally love this one, like eyes rolled to the back of head, huff mania love! Maybe give it a few days and try again?

@ Eggers Twilight! OOOOOooooooo, got in the day it came out and then again the next day (yeah, that good 1st day was with hubby, 2nd with friends)....you're gonnaaaaa loooove it!

Probably the tonquin musk is making you think that.

That's the earthy smell? I've never smelled tonquin musk. If that's it, I love it! :D Thanks Luna!

@ NuTrix, YAY!!! I can't wait! ;) (Actually, I can't believe BF is actually going! Lol!)

Weird... Today I put this on and immediately think ... Mmmm... Smells like.... Hot chocolate? Yes, it's smells really chocolate-y at first. After about 10 min it's settling into a more "perfume" the musk and amber are peeking out.

Hello all! :))

Very new to here! Im Donna!

I received my order from LP about 5 days ago and have had the chance to try a few out!

I have worn Odalisque twice!

1st time. The initial smell was extemely strong! dont think i was expecting but amazing it hits you hard and 8 hours later the smell is still going noticeably i loved this! at the end of a long night been able to smell the area and get a whiff of it put a smell on my face. :)

Personally the initial smell wasnt completely to my taste as maybe a little too thick/sweet, i generally prefer lighter/fruitier smells, a tiny bit goes a long way, wich is amazing! however the smell that remains after 8 hours I LOVE, not too strong and still sweet but more subtle! i look forward to finding my perfect fragrance, fom what ive seen so far im sure i am :)

Phero side.

1st night i wore it i put one spray on my left elbow crease, I definitely noticed a hit, not at first however people were definitely much more "oops i touched you" one guy approached me and while he ws talking to me actually kept grabbing my arm, and his spacial bubble was definitive extra close even every time i moved away!

Another guy came up singing and asking my name and even when i walked away and conversation got awkward he was following me but almost as if he didnt know himself why..!

it was a good night :)

2nd night, I repeated the same to see if i could see similar effects to judge the hit. lots of people kept coming over and just wanting to talk to me, im pretty sociable anyway however even a few people who normally dont spare me a second glance went out of thee way to join in the conversation and ask question or two. Not as obvious a hit then again the setting was a night out but surrounded by work people! I definitely felt people wanted to be in my company more.

Anyhow! thought id share as i spend hours searching reviews before i buy something!

:)

Blessings

D

Hi, Donna! Welcome to the forum! Love your review of Odalisque, and looks like you had a lot of fun -- and success -- experimenting with the phero. Looking forward to reading your reviews for the other scents you bought!

This is one of the greatest foodie blends ever yet, I just hope the unphero'd version doesn't smell too different from the original.

ACK! If it is, I will immediately mix it with my BI to achieve glorification! I LOOOOVE this one :D

Hello all! :))

Very new to here! Im Donna!

Welcome! And I agree with BB, I LOOOVE how these perfumes evolve, it's the most fascinating experience "discovering" all that a perfume has to offer....YUM!

ACK! If it is, I will immediately mix it with my BI to achieve glorification! I LOOOOVE this one :D

I'll probably just layer it with OCCO Gold if it isn't the same, everything seems to be better when layered with a honey fragrance.

ETA: I have to deal with some budget restrictions at the moment, but I'll try to get an unphero'd version of this cop'd if and when I can, though I feel like focusing on a completely virgin version of this first.

Edited by Queen of Swords

I bought a virgin bottle simply because I already have so much Blatant Invitation that I really don't need anymore, plus I just love the scent since I am a big fan of halo's Angelique (and have been hoarding my one bottle).

Wore this again today....LOOOOVE it still. I mean I LOVE this. Did I mention love? Yes. Love. I have liked SO many things from LP and this is just insanely wonderful to me. Love. Yes.

Wore this for the first time last night, and OH MY! is it lovely. The scent doesn't last very long. Initially it's pretty and creamy, and it has almost a caramel smell to it. Then after an hour or so it fades so much that in order to smell it I need to put my nose right against my skin - tough when you're wearing it on your torso! :lol: But I do love this. It's soft and sweet, but not overly so. And the phero blend/cops are virtually undetectable, even after the scent fades. I will wear this often.

Curiously though, there was very little reaction from BF, even though I was curled up with him all night. But then again, he's all geared up for a show he's playing tonight in which he'll be playing three new original tunes, and he's been *extremely* distracted/preoccupied with that. Still, it was kind of a bummer.

Generally, the first time I wear a phero blend I try not to make any overtures toward him myself, so that I can see what kind of effect the phero might have on him. I suppose I'll have to give Odalisk/BI another whirl.