Unbridled w/La Femme Noire

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this is delicious on me,I get the cherries first & then banana,but very desert like,very very huffable...it does fade kinda fast,so guess I need at least a bottle so I can slather at will :lol:

omy gosh Im so happy I decided to get a fb unsniffed! this sounds delicious..I never tried le femme noire either so bonus!

Now I'm wishing I'd gotten a full bottle...darn it. I was worried about the bananas so I went the sample route!

First on, i get a blast of cherry and banana. It was very sweet and candy like, and I initially didn't like it. But then the caramel and tobacco came out and it was so, so, so good!!!! The cherry lingers and melds with the tobacco, but the banana doesn't stick around. I didn't get any cinnamon until about an hour in, but it was worth the wait. It's a warm scent and wears close to the skin, but that's okay. You want them close after they get a hit of the LFM.

The good news; the banana in this is quite subtle and well-blended. It's there, but it doesn't punch you in the nose. The bad news is that this turns to ash on my skin like many vanillas do, which makes me sad. Before it turns, though, it is a nice gourmand scent without being overwhelmingly foody or fruity. It's certainly a woman's perfume, not a teenager's perfume.

First on, i get a blast of cherry and banana. It was very sweet and candy like, and I initially didn't like it. But then the caramel and tobacco came out and it was so, so, so good!!!! The cherry lingers and melds with the tobacco, but the banana doesn't stick around. I didn't get any cinnamon until about an hour in, but it was worth the wait. It's a warm scent and wears close to the skin, but that's okay. You want them close after they get a hit of the LFM.

This is exactly what it is like on me, too... I was scared of the cherry, sometimes that just doesn't work on me, but this is SO yummy!!

I thought for sure I would love this - and I do love the idea of it - but there's something off about it on me, and I'm thinking it's the banana and the vanilla not playing nice. It's really weird, sadly, sort of like what happened with WANT in the past. Hopefully in time that might change.

After wearing this a few times , I like it , but is definitely an evening scent for me , to sweet for daytime only because its like sniffing my favorite deserts , and then I get lazy and don't feel like working anymore ;)

It starts out as a banana split rather than plain banana , after 30 seconds or so a chocolate covered cherry melds warmly until the banana split slowly fades away , finally the tobacco notes appear softly and it finishes mostly chocolate tobacco on me.I don't get any vanilla .

When I first put this on...POW! Banana! But after about 20 minutes, it quieted down and blended well with the cherry and vanilla. Now it's been about an hour and a half or so, and I'm getting the tobacco and cherry mainly. Not bad, just masculine smelling. We'll see where it goes as the day progresses!

I can't decide yet, how much I like this. When I first put it on, it smells like a glorious banana split! But after it settles, it does the same "brown cake" thing that Darling Clementine did on me the first time I wore it, a sort of non-descript brown cake: not chocolate, just brown. Imma keep trying it though. Darling C only did the brown cake thing on me the first time I wore it. After that it wore like it was meant to wear. I'm hoping this one will do the same. I'll report back when I try it again. I really wanna love this one, 'cause I love LFN. And besides, even with the banana split thing goin' on, I kinda liked the banana bit. Surprise!

when I first applyed this I slathered on lots!all on my neck and all over my wrists..I get the sweet deserts like a light scent but very lingering. Once it drys down it has this sexy sweetness and warmth with hints of spice,and I get that fermented kinda scent which smells really good! I can still smell it on my sweater. I will probably get another bottle as I really enjoy this,It would probably smell good in the summer after tanning..lol

Ooohh, this one is sooooo YUMMY!!! When I first put this one on, it smells like a banana split! I can smell everything, the bananas, whipped cream, the drizzle of chocolate syrup, and the cherries on top. Even though there is no chocolate in this, I swear I smell it! The banana-chocolate scent burns off pretty quick, now here comes the cinnamon and brown sugar. The cherry stays, and is morphed by the tobacco and cinnamon into something that is a sweet, slightly spicy cherry-vanilla. I can't really comment about the LFN, cause I don't have a SO right now to test this out on.

• 2 weeks later...

So far, after recieving my bottle:

While I don't regret ordering without a sample, the banana does come off as a bit artificial, but it does tone down after the dry down. The cherry remains, but not screaming, yet still a bit medicinal. This isn't the worst thing in the world, because the sugars and tobacco still come out stronger after dry down, but I think it smells better after I layer it with Flambe, Caramel Sutra, or LP: Black. This is not however a final conclusion, and to be fair it's easier to layer with other things in comparison to BTN, due to what is currently in my arsenal.

I sense a theme for the type of scents made for LFN, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next scented version will also be desserty. If it must, then I sincerely hope it will be a smutty chocolate in the future on a theme like Rocket Fuel, Sexology 3 and UNE, but perhaps I should elaborate in the Your Potion Ideas section of the forum.

I believe I poorly phrased that last comment, medicinal is not the proper way to describe the banana and cherry in this one, more like the high sugar candies I sampled a few times as a kid. Which may be semi-related to an interesting coincidence today:

After about a year I wore a little bit of Nocturne Alchemy's LE of Bastet's Cocoa Cherries again, and the cherry cordial notes were nicely toned down and more in the background, it aged pretty well. I believe I'll be letting Unbridled sit alone unused for the next six months to see how it works for me afterwards, and who knows, I might start buying some sweeter, more fruity scents more often should this work out.

Edited by Queen of Swords

This perfume is surprising me in really good way. I was a bit afraid of banana scents, but this is really lovely. The banana doesn't come out as very strong but it is definitely there, beautifully complemented by cherry, vanilla and caramel with a pinch of tobacco. I think I might become a fan of banana scents, at least in such a beautiful blend.

If you have not tried this in a few weeks,do so,it just gets better!!! Ordered a bottle yesterday,it makes me smile...and strut...heh,and that was just to get the mail :P

Can't decide on this one just yet. Upon application this is SO ideal. It smells like a melty, syrupy banana split. Mmmm it's so good! But after it dries down, I get more cinnamon and the tobacco starts to show itself. It's not bad... I just wish that desserty stage lasted on my skin longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I got cinnamon first. I'm trying to test things without going back and looking at the ingredients to see what my reaction is sans that prompting, and I got spiciness first. It feels like a very warm, Autumn type of scent. I get tobacco later on, some cake scent, and a little fruitiness. All in that order. After dry-down the tobacco and smokiness seem the strongest part of it.

• 4 weeks later...

I *know* this doesn’t contain any actual chocolate notes, but, wet... I get a delicious mix of bananas smothered in chocolate (must be the dark amber/creamy vanilla?). As the scent dries down, it does take on a nicely spiced and slightly fermented note, which is so delicious! Such a sexy, warm scent! Responses I get from others is “a delicious banana cookie” and “a boozy caramel”.

As for the pheromone, I found that, while this did have the effect of others seeing me as beautiful and of their wanting to be around me... and even of people stopping their conversations to be helpful (whether I needed their help or not! LOL!), this didn’t have a blatantly sexual effect on others... rather, it was more about there being a complete acceptance of and a comfort with our natures as sexual creatures. In fact, when this was worn at a conference regarding hypnotic phenomena and their clinical application, the presenter (from whom I was only one row back) began to discuss and reference repeatedly those applications specific to sexual issues which might present in our clinical practices. Extremely important information but which is rarely broached in trainings and seminars!

I *know* this doesn’t contain any actual chocolate notes, but, wet... I get a delicious mix of bananas smothered in chocolate (must be the dark amber/creamy vanilla?). As the scent dries down, it does take on a nicely spiced and slightly fermented note, which is so delicious! Such a sexy, warm scent! Responses I get from others is “a delicious banana cookie” and “a boozy caramel”.

As for the pheromone, I found that, while this did have the effect of others seeing me as beautiful and of their wanting to be around me... and even of people stopping their conversations to be helpful (whether I needed their help or not! LOL!), this didn’t have a blatantly sexual effect on others... rather, it was more about there being a complete acceptance of and a comfort with our natures as sexual creatures. In fact, when this was worn at a conference regarding hypnotic phenomena and their clinical application, the presenter (from whom I was only one row back) began to discuss and reference repeatedly those applications specific to sexual issues which might present in our clinical practices. Extremely important information but which is rarely broached in trainings and seminars!

I'm thinking of wearing this today to a lunch date that I need to attend and I think this will help me curb my appettite. As Chai mentioned above even thou this does not have Chocolate in it, I get the chocolate covered bananas feel to this when I wear it out and about. I love the vanilla note that grounds this one to perfection. The banana does not overpower you but it adds that bit of exta mystique that really makes you feel like you are wearing something so very unique.

• 4 weeks later...

I put on a few dabs of this before I went out with some girls for dinner and a drink and was happy that the banana didn't overpower me. I've only tried one other scent from here with banana on it (Banoffee Coffee) and the banana in that just made sick, but the cherry came out more in this one, and it dried down to a delicious warm spicy tobacco scent. Didn't really notice any hits at the restaurant, but then I called my man-thing and he asked me to come over and chill with him, so I put on a few more drops from my sample. We hung out outside with his roommate, and his roommate is normally very obnoxious and crude and unapologetic about it but this time he kept apologizing to me about whatever he'd say, or he'd go, "I'm not trying/meaning to offend you, but..." or something to that effect, and then asking me if I thought he was a terrible person.

After a while he and my man started getting into a deeper conversation about moving and taking chances in life and I didn't really have much to add to the conversation but my man started leaning closer to me, leaning his head on my shoulder every so often, and being fine with me putting an arm around him. Normally he's a little reserved in public and when I start to get affectionate he looks at me and goes "What are you doing?" in a kind of joking way, but he was fine with it, but he has been lately (which could be from me wearing Gotcha every time I've seen him for the past couple months until now). But he put his head on my shoulder and snuffled my hair/neck and sighed, "God you smell good. You always smell good." And then he turned and kissed me right in front of his roommate.

Once we went to bed he was allll about pleasing me. He wouldn't let me do anything to/for him and I just got this feeling that he was treating me like a goddess...which I had no problem with :666: If LFN is gonna make him worship me then I need more of it ;]