Yes, it is! This is one I will miss A LOT when I've used it all up, but a have a couple bottles now so Ill be able to enjoy it for a while :)

Between the scent and the phero, I feel proper, polite and uber feminine and LFM always has people fawning over me. What's NOT to love? :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so in love with this I'm wearing it again today. Just scored myself a 2nd bottle too. The ballerina picture on the front of the bottle really suits the fragrance now it's aged. At first it seemed a bit incongruent to me, but now I feel like that delicate ballerina when I wear it.

Yes, I finally succumbed on this one! It's funny -- it's not and never has been an instant love for me, this scent. And yet it's compelling -- I keep going back to my sample, and I can think of so many settings where I could wear this that I would NOT be able to do other scents that I have more of an instant salivation reaction to. This one is so classy. It's starting to feel a bit like Sneaky Clean to me, in that way. And I'm dying to have an LFM boosted perfume.

I decided to get it as a spray -- has anyone else tried it in that form?

I feel the same way, this is not one I'm nuts over but I'm so glad I have it in my arsenal. It's a blend that just grows on you.

• 4 months later...

This was very powdery at first with the ylang ylang, not much sandalwood. As it warmed on my skin the the vanilla and sandalwood mixed together with the ylang getting more prominent. Even after several hours the scent remains vanilla/ylang with the others subtly in the background. No one scent amped on me. A very feminine scent, would be great for date night.

Maybe my chemistry, maybe my sample has aged some, but initially today this almost reminded me of Fuzzy Wuzzy, maybe similar vanilla in both? And today I finally get some nutmeg! Didn't get that at all when I first reviewed. It is a bit of an eggnog scent too, and very soft and cuddly that has lingered all day and isn't overly strong. I couldn't tell how well LFM worked for me today, but am at work in boring open-source software development land (but I smell nice!)

I wish this one wasn't sold out, am going to think about getting a sample of Compromising Positions to see how that nutmeg wears with the patch.

AR,

Have you ever tried Sensual Harmony ?

There was some left on Art Fire last time I looked.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe my chemistry, maybe my sample has aged some, but initially today this almost reminded me of Fuzzy Wuzzy, maybe similar vanilla in both? And today I finally get some nutmeg! Didn't get that at all when I first reviewed. It is a bit of an eggnog scent too, and very soft and cuddly that has lingered all day and isn't overly strong. I couldn't tell how well LFM worked for me today, but am at work in boring open-source software development land (but I smell nice!)

I wish this one wasn't sold out, am going to think about getting a sample of Compromising Positions to see how that nutmeg wears with the patch.

I didn't realize that this had patch, and initially when I first got this, I thought it smelled lovely, but as the patch aged and I brought it out to test it recently something smelled so funky on me- and now that I am putting two and two together- all the LPs that have smelled off to me recently have had patch in common. I guess my chemistry is maturing or something because it's making the patch come out in everything. Like PATCH OUT HERE I COME.

I noticed the same thing with Cherubs Kiss. The Patch killed it for me. That patch is a bitch on me.

I didn't realize that this had patch, and initially when I first got this, I thought it smelled lovely, but as the patch aged and I brought it out to test it recently something smelled so funky on me- and now that I am putting two and two together- all the LPs that have smelled off to me recently have had patch in common. I guess my chemistry is maturing or something because it's making the patch come out in everything. Like PATCH OUT HERE I COME.

I noticed the same thing with Cherubs Kiss. The Patch killed it for me. That patch is a bitch on me.

This has patchouli in it? I guess I didn't know that. It's not listed as one of the ingredients. Usually I amp patch in an unpleasant way, but I've never had that happen when I've worn this one.

Are you sure? It's not listed. It may be the Sandalwood you smell. Sandalwood definitely gets deeper as it ages IMO.

I have about about 1/4 left of my 2x LFM Un spray and I scented it with a bit of La Syl. Lol it's LFM power!

I believe she may have been referring to the nutmeg in both, but that CP has patch, which can be a win or deal breaker for fragrances for some of us. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It really is an utterly gorgeous scent isn't it? I wore this recently when picking my sister up from the airport and taking her out to lunch. She loved it so much she kept commenting on it. It makes me feel really elegant and graceful.

• 5 months later...

My love affair with artisan perfumes started when I first sniffed a sample from another company that had vanilla & sandalwood together. The scent makes me so happy, can't explain it. When I saw this one for LPMP's pheromas 2013 I flipped out!! Not only does it have my favorite pair of notes together, but my favorite phero, LFM. Sophisticated and all-around lovely!

• 3 months later...

Broke this out on Tuesday and again today. This is such a soft and lovely fragrance - really great for hot humid days when a foodie, goo-y scent may be too cloying for the sticky weather. LFM always makes me feel demure and lady-like. Calm, put together and on spot. It seems to be the "prince charming" potion for Man Beast, as he becomes Mr. Chivalrous/Guardian. I should boost this with a few drops of cops - just because I always add them anyway :D This is a stealthy phero in a sweet and innocent fragrance ^_~

• 3 months later...

This smells amazing! Each ingredient is so high quality, its a simple composition, but so well balanced, very beautiful scent. I love yang and sandalwood and the combo here is just wonderful sweetened with vanilla and warm with spice. I only wish I could take the whole scent, as it is, and dial it up a few notches so it was a tad louder. This wears very soft on me, which, though I love it, will relegate it to a bedtime scent, or casual day around the house perfume. Hey, what can I say, it's pretty but I like a bit of punch throughout the day and this fades down super soft on me within an hour. I DO love the ylang here though, so much! Feels heavier here than in Sugared Ylang, and I appreciate that.

Overall, this is a delicate beauty, and I'm very glad to have a sample (thanks Pherengineer! :) ) this will be great to wear when I want to feel comfy cozy before bedtime, or anytime.

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 3 weeks later...

For some unknown reason, some people interpret this fragrance as smoke- WTF?

It may be people who amp spices. I'd like this much more without the nutmeg. On my skin the nutmeg heats up. It has an almost burnt aroma to it.

• 2 years later...

I'm giving La Sylphide a tiny pre-bedtime run, going to wear it for teaching tomorrow. My only experience with LFM was a sample of Winter in the Tropics, and it was a perfect vibe for me for that night. I'm hoping the sandalwood heats up instead of the nutmeg. I'm hoping I didn't open it too soon, I received it this week in a trade, (Thanks Stacy!) Is there a set time that "travel shock" lasts? I don't really understand why that happens, but I've seen it mentioned a bunch, I can assume you all know more than me and it must be a real thing. It does smell a little different from the sample I have, I believe.

Edit: 2 hours later, it's the nice smooth sandalwood I was hoping for. And it's got the best review from my 11 year old son, "mom you smell so good, it's "cuddle inducing". And then right before bed, "it's snuggle inducing." My little lavender lovin' man clearly approves.

Edited by Eastwood22

In my experience, it's best to let things sit for a day at least, if you can. It's to allow the sample/bottle to rest in a more consistent environment. Travel shock can happen due to the extremes of temperatures which can occur during the period in which a package is shipped.

Thanks Luna, I didn't listen to that at all in the beginning and I'm sure that's why quite a few samples ended up in the "no thank you" bag. I'm glad I've kept most of them to cycle through again. This was second time a LP I was excited about smelled different than what I was expecting when I first put it on and it scared me. But both times it was perfect about one or two hours later. I need to have more faith! Or patience. Patience and impulse control are not my strengths.

Patience is definitely required for artisan perfume because it's an evolving experience. But it's hard sometimes, especially if you don't like it at first, because your initial impulse is to take it off immediately.

I did get a great La Sylphide response in a random place, from a 20 year old handsome cashier at Michaels, buying some last minute crafts for my daughter. Now I'm 48, obviously he knew I was older, but he did not care. He actually said, "wow, whatever scent you're wearing, it smells amazing." It was on my wrists so he must've caught it as I handed hm stuff from my shopping cart. (Clearly it has staying power on me because it was applied 4 or even 5 hours earlier.) He was trying to think of things to talk to me about, including what kind of art I did, but it was obviously all kid's stuff. I always ask store clerks what time they are done working, especially during heavy shopping times, just to acknowledge that their day is long. He said not until really late, "but I don't mind because I get to meet really interesting people like you." That had to be a LFM hit. I said, and did, absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever.

Patience is definitely required for artisan perfume because it's an evolving experience. But it's hard sometimes, especially if you don't like it at first, because your initial impulse is to take it off immediately.

I have washed off a few. I have learned that if I just wait on anything that has leather in it for just 15 minutes it will turn into the scent I wanted, but those 15 minutes are HARD.

• 4 months later...

I forgot that this has LFM in it, and I forgot how lovely it is. I wore it last night with a bunch of DHEAS, and I had a great night. And LFM did that perfect thing (for me) where I had an air about me that kept strangers from talking to me. (I was in another city seeing a band and didn't want to talk to anyone new to me. The coolest thing was that only 4 people approached me all night, and two were very confident and funky women who were each at least 70 years old. (I have zero clue if they knew each other.) They both individually took a shine to me like we went way back and I really liked both of them, it was like they were both old enough and confident enough that they weren't shy at all. The other two were both handsome young men in their early 20's, who both individually approached me while I was sitting alone and working on my laptop. (During load in, soundcheck, and opening band.) I had a lot of work to do. But they both individually approached me then and after the show, both wanted to talk to me and both wanted to bring me water and/or snacks. The cuter one seemed really stoked that I agreed to let him bring me a bottle of water at the end of the night, and really wanted me to give him another assignment, like "go get me some cheese-it's" or something, but I sent him away. LFM is great for me, and so is this scent, I'm so glad I rediscovered it this weekend! Goes swimmingly well with Wicked, too.

• 4 months later...

The four pages of preceding reviews are spot on with some of my experiences wearing La Sylphide.  I've had this baby in the rotation for the past few weeks.  It helped me out of a predicament whereby it served to tame some mean (?) women at a workplace.  I have to travel around to different sites and some days the reception ain't so great.  The previous visits to this particular worksite I was wearing Sweet Chic with PP.  The men fawned; the ladies, uhhhh -not so much.  I always (and I mean always) play up to the women being all about girl power an' all.  Also, being of the fairer sex, I know how we can be (lol) so you best believe I focus attention accordingly.  So -when assigned there once again, I was debating on whether to go toe-to-toe with Leather or Dom or play nice with LFM.  I thank the good Lord for helping to make the best decision to go the honey route with La Sylphide.  The gals did a 180 and were nice, helpful and as warm as they could be.  If I have to go back there again, ya' best believe LFM will be in play. 

Fortunately I am blessed to get a reaction with only a small amount of pheros.  That being the case, I still have 90% of this precious left altho I purchased it Spring 2014.  It's aging nicely.  The scent is remaining consistent -- I get this:

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 10:15 PM, vladmyra said:

For some unknown reason, some people interpret this fragrance as smoke- WTF?

Yes Vladmyra -- I'm one of those people ? , to me it smells like allll smoke, allll the time!  LOVE.  This is really a masterpiece in that with only four ingredients, La Sylph~ wears as if it is more complex.  Of the four notes, ylang ylang is my favorite but alas I don't get much.  The sandalwood and nutmeg work in concert to draw attention seemingly.  Then lovely lady vanilla.  Ylang is a cast member in the shadows; I can't make her out at all.  At the rate of usage, I should have La Sylphide in the arsenal for another five years #blessed.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 10:39 PM, StacyK said:

It may be people who amp spices. I'd like this much more without the nutmeg. On my skin the nutmeg heats up. It has an almost burnt aroma to it.

Good to know StacyK, thank you.  From the bottle I get smoke as well...my sniffer is still developing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I made about a third of mine into a spray, I spritzed on a bit before bed. This is my #1 favorite for next morning leftover scent! I almost don't want to shower. It has the most perfect morning skin scent loveliness. 

• 3 years later...

I love vanilla and ylang scents (Sensual Harmony and Lady V's Sweet Little Pussycat are probably in my top 10 favorites) and I love LFM, so I was pretty sure I was going to love this!

This has a lot of the same character as Sensual Harmony, but more blended, deeper, richer, and less powdery in the drydown.  I actually like this better! The nutmeg adds a bit of warmth and blends in perfectly with the vanilla and sandalwood. The ylang doesn't stand out as a separate note as much as it does in Sensual Harmony - everything is very well blended into a delightfully warm, sweet, creamy whole.  This is quite a bit warmer and cozier, too; if Sensual Harmony is like wearing an elegant dress, La Sylphide is wearing an elegant dress made of cashmere. 

This also lasts forever and is strong, but wafts from your skin without being overwhelming.

But yes, this is amazing. New favorite LFM scent!  

On 10/7/2021 at 9:55 PM, hedgehog said:

Aww. ☹️ Want me to send you a decant? 

Ha! You’re so sweet! I’m totally okay with all the other goodies I have and now I’ll have more on the way. But thank you so much!

• 2 years later...