Pherodise w/Lumina

AD-Pherodise_1.jpg

COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
MAILE VINE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This is really gorgeous. I love LPs cocoa butter scents. It reminds me of moist, warm, sun kissed skin and beachy fun.

This is very pretty for after hours summer fun. Moist, glossy, cocoa butter kissed with Flora and a wisp of musk. The dash of ginger adds a nice touch of heat!

The Lumina adds extra shimmer. I don't sunbathe but wearing this, I feel like I spent the day in the sun. I'm a shining beach goddess.

Feminine, bright, playful and glowing with a natural glamour.

My fav so far! :heart:

Definitely takes me back to my childhood and younger days growing up by the beach. :)

Edited by StacyK

This is decadent cocoa butter with an added lightness from the florals and ginger. It really does remind me of oiled up, bronze and sexy bodies lounging in a beachside cabana. The cocoa butter isn't as thick as Coconut Breeeze. This is really pretty, I think Lumina is a great pairing with the scent.

Wet I smell a lot of cocoa butter. This reminds me of something I have used in the past. Something I used in Costa Rica. The florals are reading soapy to me. It could be a soap I have used in the past. I think that's it. It's a type of soap.

ETA: after an hour the soapiness is gone and I really like it. Not sure if I can hang with the soap for an hour though.

First on, this is a lot of cocoa butter. A lot. But after about ten minutes, i start to get tuberose and gardenia. I tend to amp them both, but that's okay since i love them. But they actually sort of modulate each other, but still, just a dab will do you. This is so rich and heady and sultry with a bit of peppery ginger. The musk is mildly soapy. I don't get the beach image the others do; I can picture myself lounging in a southern garden somewhere. Very sensual and sophisticated!

I came up with the name over a year ago and I remember thinking BEST NAME EVER because I'm a dork. :P

(Seriously though, I am rarely so clever, I had to throw myself a party. :lol:)

This comes from an idea I had for a white floral thanks to Jo Anna's Tropical Getaway making it okay for me to wear tuberose. And then I was sad because Dance With Desire didn't work on me. So this has more of a tropical spin on it. I think Mara's genius (because any idea is nothing without her to make it come to life) was to accentuate the creamy characteristic of the primary notes, with accents which don't subtract from that vibe. It's really lush and decadent, which is how I think of those floral notes. And because it's a tropical I thought Lumina would be a nice sunny phero for it. I'm glad it came out so lovely...I feel like I've been draped in leis. :D

I love the name Luna!

I could not wear DWD either, it's sad when that happens.

This is a gorgeous scent and it really lasts.

There was something vaguely reminding me of tootsie rolls without really smelling like a tootsie roll, then I saw the cocoa butter and realized the culprit! :lol:
Why am I reading "fruity"? I know it's the flowers, or maybe I'm reading the combination of cocoa butter and floral as fruity?
It's really pretty and summery. Maybe a touch too floral for me to warrant a FB, but I will use my vial for the rare occasion when too floral is what I'm feeling like ^_^

Edited by NuTrix

So the other night, I tried the 4 that I thought would be my faves. None of them lived up to my expectations. :(

Then this one. Now, I love cocoa butter. And this is yummy cocoa butter at first - yes, lots of it. Later the florals just bloom, all creamy and gorgeous. 3 hours in, it is a soft, sexy, summer scent. Definitely a FB!

First of all -- Luna, BEST NAME EVER!! I chortle every time I see it!

I was very intrigued by this one because of the cocoa butter and ginger, two notes I love but I never envisioned in the same scent. I love the lushness of the cocoa butter and the ginger heats up in a very interesting way. This is definitely a floral -- a warm, buttery floral, which is quite the experience! I don't think it's for me, but this is the third time I've put it on, so it might be one of those that takes me a while to "get" and then suddenly I love it. So I'm going to keep playing with it. Because cocoa butter! Ginger!

ETA: OK, the tipover happened! I can't stop sniffing my test patch -- everything came together and now it's dark lush tropical!

Edited by Blackcat

I'm not good at reviews but I have to say.....I must have a FB of this one!! I love it!! Yummmmmmm!!

Edited to say: This one goes a long way...you only need a little bit on. I actually had to wash some off. It still smells heavenly. I really amp the Gardenia on this one. I would prefer more of the cocoa butter but I still love, love, love this one!

Edited by cchristys

Yup, this is cocoa butter alright. :lol: Thick and creamy, I almost want to rub it in to my skin like lotion! For about ten minutes, it goes kinda weird on me, like the notes are all jumbled together or something. Then it all snaps together, and becomes a lush tropical floral kissed with a smidge of ginger. It eventually becomes all gardenia on me, still with the cocoa butter in the background. While not really a "me" scent, I will enjoy my sample.

After wearing this again, I really liked the florals more hahaha! This one is so summery and beachy! It reminds me of somewhere I've been and just can't recall. I, for one, LOVE the cocoa butter but the other notes keep it entirely in the floral realm for me. It's truly beautiful and like I said up thread, I won't let this sample go to waist. I would have loved another scent with Lumina! Who knows? The sample is young - this could age and warrant a future FB yet!

Edited for wonky writing that made no sense, lol, must've been excited when I wrote this last one :D

Still considering FB. This one fascinates me when I have it on. I can't get past it for some reason. It's floral but not pointy, soapy or loud (which = wonderful to me) and I LURV the cocoa butter like crazy...some scent memory that is crazy happy apparently but I WISH I could remember it ?!?!?!

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 weeks later...

Blind trial. Something a bit heady of the kind that threatens to give me headaches. Gardenia maybe. Funny, didn't get in the vial AT ALL; I amp it, it's proven. Nonetheless it has a nice "skin scent" vibe to it. I wish I could try more to get better sense of the scent but daren't, being such a lumina lightweight. As it dries, getting a hint of something creamy, like coconut ice cream. Nice!

I have a sample of this - tested once - when opening sample vial, some 'spilled' unto me so I 'dosed' myself more than usual in a 1st test. That said, I want to test again because a) really like the notes of this but B) is it me or does the scent evaporate like super crazy fast?

I felt like scent lasted soo short of a time on my skin - and I would have thought since I had much more on than I usually would that I would have a) had strong scent and B) it would last longer. I bought sample to test the Lumina - felt a little out of sorts - not sure Lumina and I will get along but will try again as it wasn't proper test.

Interested in other's feedback on this and WILL test again. Given my newfound love that I can't stop taking about (sold out Beach Babe), hoping to re-test and it will be similar as I must hoard anything in the Beach Bunny "family".

ETA: not sure how I'm inserting that emoticon in there - didn't use any.. but leaving in now just bc it looks kinda cool.

Edited by Beach Goddess

If you use a capital "B" I think that's how it translates into the emoticon.

Tuberose really clings to me (as does most white florals), so this one lasts a good long while on me. But although both scents are tropicals, tuberose and plumeria are rather different in character as far as tropical florals go.

If you use a capital "B" I think that's how it translates into the emoticon.

Tuberose really clings to me (as does most white florals), so this one lasts a good long while on me. But although both scents are tropicals, tuberose and plumeria are rather different in character as far as tropical florals go.

Thanks Luna! I tend to really love anything with Plumeria (though I'm not much into florals but Plumeria seems difft to me somehow) and I honestly don't know much about Tuberose. I am looking forward to testing again soon though!

• 4 months later...

Weird, I thought I had reviewed this - but I guess not.

I bought a full bottle unsniffed based on the notes... And also because of the adorable guy on the label. ;)

(Edit: also, I was hoping for something vaguely like Aloha Pumehana, which I have only a horded trial vial of but that I absolutely adore!)

I've only used some of my trial vial so far though, because it turns a bit weird on my skin; sadly, I don't get any cocoa butter or any fruits or florals. It is very difficult to describe: the scent on my skin is quite strong, not unpleasant, but not like perfume at all.

There is something 'hard' about it, almost like a metal - not at ALL what I expected! :Emoticons04280:

Still, the Lumina seems to work really well for me (a great female social) so I've been experimenting with sweetening it up a little bit.

My next order will probably contain some sweet/vanilla sample vials, but for now I've discovered that a swipe of Aja on the spot where I put the Pherodise works really well.

It makes it nice and sweet, and the Pherodise adds a bit of depth and grounding to the Aja. Lovely combination! :hearts0425:

Edited by ssupytalp

Oooooo - what an interesting idea, I will have to try them together :)

I DID break down and get that full bottle. I just couldn't resist. When I need a boost of summer in all this grey gloomy winter weather, this is a real pick me up! It's so summery and beachy to me - love!

I'm just getting into Lumina. It fascinates me.

I do adore this scent big time. Like NuTrix, this just smells of summer to me. And those who know me, know that I'm struggling with Seasonal Affective Disorder and this LP may just end up being in my arsenal to help me cope with that. I love the word "Lumina" as well. I will continue to test this. I am definitely getting the cocoa butter. But to me, the flowery notes are in the background and I love that. I'm surprised by the few reviews. Perhaps this has just aged really well and is only now just starting to really shine. Or maybe I'm starting to appreciate just how different this one is.

• 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

On my skin this one is perfect, fresh, summery scent. I'm only sad that Lumina doesn't work for me :(

• 1 month later...

I purchased a few trial vials of this to make a spray before buying a FB. Wow! Serious love!

Smell: At first I can clearly smell the cocoa butter but that leaves quickly, followed by big warm creamy white flowers. Initially (after an hour), the gardenia is strong on me but then the tuberose blends the gardenia removing the "too floral" notes and I'm left with cream. Like I put $1,000 worth of a heavy cream and gardenia body oil in the tub and I am just luxuriating in the perfect bath on the deck of my million dollar home overlooking the Mediterranean. Well, anyways, that's what I got from it. :Emoticons0424:

Effect: Another wow. I sprayed it on and went to do my makeup. Checked myself out when I was done and was like "helloooooo beautiful"!!! HAHAHA!

I felt like I was rocking my A game (and shouldn't because I only had 5 hours of sleep). Driving to work, a dude in a 100k convertible audi was checking me out and he can't smell the 'mone so I know it is that I am putting out a confident, approachable, come sit in my goddess presence and adore me vibe.

In other words, this is the shit. I'm buying a case.

Guest cutie.pie

I purchased a few trial vials of this to make a spray before buying a FB. Wow! Serious love!

Smell: At first I can clearly smell the cocoa butter but that leaves quickly, followed by big warm creamy white flowers. Initially (after an hour), the gardenia is strong on me but then the tuberose blends the gardenia removing the "too floral" notes and I'm left with cream. Like I put $1,000 worth of a heavy cream and gardenia body oil in the tub and I am just luxuriating in the perfect bath on the deck of my million dollar home overlooking the Mediterranean. Well, anyways, that's what I got from it. :Emoticons0424:

Effect: Another wow. I sprayed it on and went to do my makeup. Checked myself out when I was done and was like "helloooooo beautiful"!!! HAHAHA!

I felt like I was rocking my A game (and shouldn't because I only had 5 hours of sleep). Driving to work, a dude in a 100k convertible audi was checking me out and he can't smell the 'mone so I know it is that I am putting out a confident, approachable, come sit in my goddess presence and adore me vibe.

In other words, this is the shit. I'm buying a case.

Great review! :)

• 3 years later...