Boo Berry

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1318507902_kn47.jpg

Boo Berry

Bloody red strawberries and mulberries drowning in heavy sugar syrup, oozing all over a spicy pumpkin roll with “twinkie” style cream filling....even the dead will return from beyond the grave for this deliciousness!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Oh wow Im glad I put this one on without reading the ingredients first. Wet its all berries and almost smells like bubble gum for a minute. Then the spice and pumpkin show up but do not take over at all. It was reminding me of a berry pie but with a less assertive crust than most pie scents. Throughout dry down it stays really sweet and mostly a berry scent. It still reminds me a bit of bubble gum if I sniff hard. I really really like this one!

I had the opposite experience. The berries receded rather quickly, leaving it mostly allspice with the pumpkin behind it. I would've liked it if my skin hadn't swallowed up the berries as much, but it's still a nice autumn scent for sure.

I tried this without reading the ingredients. First on, this smelled exactly as I thought: bright sugary berries. But a half hour later, I found myself in the kitchen trying to figure out what the Marine had put in his oatmeal, and then I realized that spicy goodness was coming from ME!! It doesn’t take over though. It’s just enough to keep the mulberry from going haywire on my skin (as it’s been known to do). The pumpkin and cream make this real smooth. This is very reminiscent of a lot of the pink pumpkin scents of the past but without the pumpkin being a star. I love it!

I really liked this one in the vial, and at first on my skin. It was sweet berries over yummy pumpkin cake. But OMG, it is too spicy for my skin. My application points turned red and were stinging. I had to wash it off

Omg it never ceases to amaze me how differently one perfume can smell on or to different people! I get almost no spice at all! And the mulberry doesnt read as distinctly mulberry to me. This is what I love about artisanal perfume!

Damn it! I held off from trying because I knew it wouldn't work for me... strawberry and pumpkin? Mulberry and allspice? But oh, right, Mara is a fricking genius and this might be my favorite-- it's so yummy and warm and festive and stealth sexy! I want to snorfle my wrist all night long. :purr:

• 2 weeks later...

I was really hoping that Boo Berry would be the Halloween-born cousin to Merry! and Pink Elf (which I adore as my Pink Xmas combo) but...dang this is spicy on me! Which isn't surprising in general because spices meet my skin and KABOOM! but I figured the mulberry would be all, "Yo, slow ya roll." but not this time. I can smell the berry accord way way way in the back and hopefully in a month or two there will be better harmony and the allspice will give a little ground because I love the idea of this one, it sounds so yummy.

In the Long Long Agolong drydown, I do get more of the berries. But still so spicy.

OMG! This one is my absolute favorites of the new releases - . You need to get this

- wait! no DO NOT BUY! Forget everything I just wrote, unless Mara makes this permanent. then. and only then, load up your shopping cart, but for now, just leave them aaaaall for me. Only me.

This is a perfectly balanced blend on my skin

I interpret this as a spicy, very sweet berry pumpkin combo - even cherry (the kind of cherry that smells like almond) this may be the mulberry- laid down on a base of French creme, and even a bit of tonka bean and dark musk helping to anchor it. (None of the latter notes are listed, but it turns out like that on me.) The sweet spiciness to me is all white sugar (or pink when you take the berries into account) there is no brown sugar or smoky undercurrent, and the cream is not buttery cream.

What a surprise love!

ETA:

Boo Berry is more wintry spicy on me than autumnal, Its funny how fragrances will wear so differently according to the person.

Edited by Eve

Ugh! I hate having to come back and amend my original review, but, when I put on a more reasonable amount, instead of just a dab, this keeps growing sweeter and sweeter on me. The spice does not back down, but it doesn't hold the sweetness in check either. Maybe it is the mulberry? I don't know as I have no previous experience with this note in fragrances. I tried layering it with another scent I own that is predominantly lime, hoping some "tang" would be the answer, but that was not a success either. I've got two full bottles on the way - actually out for delivery today. I think I'll let them rest for a while, and revisit after I've taken a break and worn another category of fragrance for a while.

This really is a great fragrance, definitely worth trying. But some facet of it is not quite compatible with my skin chemistry. You know the old saying "its not you, its me" ? Well, I don't think its Boo Berry's fault, it's mine. If it would stay like it does when first applied, it would be all all time favorite for me. Very very sad...

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked this one in the vial, and at first on my skin. It was sweet berries over yummy pumpkin cake. But OMG, it is too spicy for my skin. My application points turned red and were stinging. I had to wash it off

Bella,

I'm really grateful you wrote this review because I'm sitting here WITH MY LIPS BURNING. EVE generously gifted me this Boo Berry and I'm starting to make my way through her amazing box. Because I get no berries on my skin and enough spice to hurt myself, I decided that possibly I just opened a FB that accidentally had Boo Berry label on but was really something else! So I was comparing it to Boo Berry sample, which I smell the berries in the vial, then was smelling rollerball, where I kinda smell the berries, then slathered so much on the back of my hand that it got all over my lips while keeping my nose on it. I am winning today, for sure.

My spicy lips and I have been sitting here trying to figure out the great mystery of which fall LP is actually in this bottle to no avail. I know all the others because they were my first sample set so I've studied them fairly well. I think maybe I just needed to shake the bottle? Or can a scent in perfumers alcohol really behave so differently in oil?

My box from Eve included homemade chocolate cookies, btw. Everything I've ever opened from anyone here has been spectacular as far as delightful surprises, but Eve has just up-leveled the entire playing field. If this were a class on sending packages of delight and we were going to be graded on a curve, I would just drop out. Cookies. And they're really good, like perfect. I like a crunchier cookie, and oftentimes if they're crunch enough for me they're a little flat because of all the butter required. I strongly dislike undercooked/chewy cookies. By "strongly dislike" I mean that I'll still eat them, but strongly feel as though so much of their potential was wasted.

I'm going to step away from the perfumes for a bit. Mercury is indeed retrograde, but I'm hoping to set up my new coffee pot without electrocuting myself or poking my eye out.

UPDATE: I've worn this twice again, and I've found it smells amazing on me at the 2 hr make and stays that way for another 3 hours. If I put a little BBM on top of it like I did today, it's perfect from the gate and stays perfect as BBM fades and Boo Berry morphs throughout the day.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 month later...

When I first apply Boo Berry I get sweet pastry and all spice. Then I notice creamy pumpkin. It's not until drydown that the berries emerge just adding a sweet tartness to the mix. It's mostly berries left on my skin after wear, but by then I find that it's all but faded and I have to sniff my wrists to catch the scent. It is yummy while it lasts

• 3 weeks later...

This is very similar to Midnight Masquerade, but with mulberry instead of cherry and it is spicier. When I first apply I get the berries and pumpkin and the drydown is very spicy. I am comparing both and the MM is sweeter. I think I actually like this one better than Midnight Masquerade but don't know if I need two LPs that are so similar. :Emoticons04269:

• 1 month later...

I'm really loving the balance between all notes. I don't feel any are too strong or easily distinguishable and sometimes I really just want berries, but not BERRIES. This is called coherence :D Sometimes I just feel kind of dark, kind of lonely, like whenever I have to walk in the cold by myself but I have dessert with me which will warm me up ^_^

• 10 months later...

Not at all what I was expecting!

Also, this is the 2nd time in the past month I was about to say after dry down I get mostly cinnamon- only to look at the ingredients and there is no cinnamon. 

Well anyway, I really enjoy this one! 

I get something a lot like cinnamon ha and something else a little sweet. Blends wonderfully, yum :) 

On 3/27/2018 at 10:20 PM, Ivysaur said:

I'm really loving the balance between all notes. I don't feel any are too strong or easily distinguishable and sometimes I really just want berries, but not BERRIES. This is called coherence :D Sometimes I just feel kind of dark, kind of lonely, like whenever I have to walk in the cold by myself but I have dessert with me which will warm me up ^_^

YES on that last half! Me too :) 

9 hours ago, amoradrianam said:

Not at all what I was expecting!

Also, this is the 2nd time in the past month I was about to say after dry down I get mostly cinnamon- only to look at the ingredients and there is no cinnamon. 

Well anyway, I really enjoy this one! 

I get something a lot like cinnamon ha and something else a little sweet. Blends wonderfully, yum :) 

It’s the allspice. They can read pretty similar as they are often used together in cooking and which is how most of us are introduced to them as flavors/smells.

13 hours ago, halo0073 said:

It’s the allspice. They can read pretty similar as they are often used together in cooking and which is how most of us are introduced to them as flavors/smells.

Thank You So Much!!!!! It’s making sense now. I think that other one had allspice too. 

• 1 month later...

The allspice is the most prominent note at first. I can smell a bit of the pumpkin underneath, adding a smooth quality. This feels very holiday-ish. I was expecting this to be much more fruit forward, but it smells like an expensive Christmas candle. I'm not really getting the berries as distinct notes at all, though I guess they are contributing to the sense of sparkle and lightness despite the heavier notes. My skin sometimes hates the milk/butter/cream trio and unfortunately this is one of those times, though it shouldn't be a problem for other people. Other than that small me-specific blip, my overall impression is of a pumpkin pie sitting next to a Christmas candle. Or, in emoji form:  🎃🥧🎄🕯️

5 hours ago, greenappletart said:

The allspice is the most prominent note at first. I can smell a bit of the pumpkin underneath, adding a smooth quality. This feels very holiday-ish. I was expecting this to be much more fruit forward, but it smells like an expensive Christmas candle. I'm not really getting the berries as distinct notes at all, though I guess they are contributing to the sense of sparkle and lightness despite the heavier notes. My skin sometimes hates the milk/butter/cream trio and unfortunately this is one of those times, though it shouldn't be a problem for other people. Other than that small me-specific blip, my overall impression is of a pumpkin pie sitting next to a Christmas candle. Or, in emoji form:  🎃🥧🎄🕯️

@greenappletart I amp allspice but this was great with wax in a warmer in the kitchen.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:18 AM, Eastwood22 said:

@greenappletart I amp allspice but this was great with wax in a warmer in the kitchen.

Oh, that's a good idea! There are several lpmp perfumes that I love, but that my skin does unfortunate things to. I keep meaning to buy a scent locket, too. I just need to find one I like. But I should try putting them in a warmer, too.

• 4 months later...

Bumping for Sale!

don’t let the name fool you there is nothing scary about this weenie. It’s warm fruity and inviting with a fall spin. My favorite Mulberry scent ever! Mulberry often goes sickeningly sweet or aggressively carpet freshener ala the 80s for me. It’s 100% tempered by the pumpkin here. Rich, smooth, warm, fruity. It has just the right weight for the changing season without being heavy which I generally don’t like. Great for if you want somethIng seasonal but don’t like “candle” blends. Lol