NOX w/ Teddy BB

AD-NoxBB_1.jpg

A fan favorite since its debut in 2007, our tribute to those who dwell on the nightside of life... Named for the Goddess of Night, Nox, aka Nyx, is one of the oldest deities and an element of creation myths worldwide. She bestows balance to all things...no light without darkness, no day without night, no saints without sinners...enjoy the mysteries of Her realm, the calming delight of the deep dark night.

A heart of juicy blackberry is framed by two types of aged amber resin as well as vintage Indian and Tunisian Patchouli, with tangy accents of black raspberry, plus a dash of soft powdery frankincense and myrrh. We’ve enhanced this dark beauty with our exclusive TEDDY POTION BB pheromone formula, a blend beloved for it's powers to quell anxiety, relax and de-stress.

BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
BLACK RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.

I remember reading about previous versions of NOX and knew if there was ever a rebrew I needed to try it. I just got my November sampler and put this on immediately (after I smelled everything first). This is yet another beautiful resin scent. It's blended together so nicely. It's light on my skin which isn't common for a resinous scent. I think the berries keep it brighter and lighter but then the resins keep the berries grounded. I love it!

I'm sort of hesitant when it comes to trying new pheros (new to me) and I've never tried Teddy BB. So far so good. I think I really like this one! I'm feeling pretty relaxed and content.

I have this as a wax melt and haven't really responded to it one way or the other.

But on my skin...ohhh baby it's sensual and the Teddy BB gives me immediate relaxation selfies. Like tink says, the resins are playing great with the berries. This is a bit like "Eve of Darkness" to me except the underlying scent is berry and not orange. It''s got that "super sensual, float around you and morph" vibe but the Phero Blend then steers it into that unexpected nurturing/calming vibe. If I had to describe it another way, it's like Balm Bomb with a naughty edge.

I have this as a wax melt and haven't really responded to it one way or the other.

But on my skin...ohhh baby it's sensual and the Teddy BB gives me immediate relaxation selfies. Like tink says, the resins are playing great with the berries. This is a bit like "Eve of Darkness" to me except the underlying scent is berry and not orange. It''s got that "super sensual, float around you and morph" vibe but the Phero Blend then steers it into that unexpected nurturing/calming vibe. If I had to describe it another way, it's like Balm Bomb with a naughty edge.

Yes to the Eve of Darkness part! I like that the underlying note is berries and not orange - it's less of a head shop scent from my perspective. Still a little too raisiny for me, but it works on cold winter nights!

I think I'd like my husband to try it for me. He currently wears Goal! with Teddy BB when he wants cuddles. :Emoticons04263:

For me, the berries and resins are very balanced but that is still a little dark for me. I get a nice, sweet waft from my chest but my wrists are AAALLLLL resin. Maybe if I were to put a sugared on top it would work for me. Haha!

Or maybe I'll like it when I grow up ;)

I am a fan of NOX, I have a bottle of the previous version. The berries are a bit medicinal at first in this one, but that doesn't last long at all, like, just a couple minutes and then I get that luscious deep dark berry melange...mmmmm! I get why this is a good pairing for Teddy BB because it's one of those scents you just want to snorfle until you fall over, lol. The amber makes a good backdrop but I don't really get the other resins, it's such a nice blending of all the elements. I think this will end up being more of a chill-out scent rather than a sleep scent for me, but it's definitely relaxing!

This is a wonderful, softly resinous scent. It's deep, but in the most gentle, mellow way I've ever encountered with deeper/resinous scents. It's quietly sweet and very smooth and whispery on me after the initial few minutes after application, but even to start with it's not at all overpowering. It reminds me of purple grape flavoured iced drinks/confectionary, which I love. I've received many compliments on it, and have noticed that though it quickly becomes a soft skin type scent on me it also lingers around for many hours. This is the kind of quietly elegant, softly feminine scent I would love to have multiple un-pheroed bottles of. I'd love to wear this with LFM, PM, H&S or Lumina. Just beautiful.

OMG...I adore NOX and Teddy BB! I am watching money because of the holidays, when I saw that Mara had done a rebrew of this, I HAD to order a FB! NOX is one of my faves, as is Teddy BB. I can't wait to sniff the newest brewing of this! It must be like languor in a bottle! I am elated! And just a personal observation..all of the oils change over time as they age, but in my opinion, I have never smelled one that aged quite as beautifully as the exquisite NOX, so give her some time and patience, and this liquid goddess really blooms, and when she does, it is nothing less than magick! The first time I ever smelled NOX, I got straight up cough medicine while new, but after having put it aside for a few months, I revisited it to check again and O...M...G.. it was true love.Thanks so much for rebrewing this, Mara! She is also a goddess of protection, and I use this oil for that as well. She envelopes you in the sweet darkness of night that she is, shielding you in her, velvety cloak. I would so love for Mara to make NOX an annual brew during colder months. Anyone else with me on this? Too many notes to ever accomplish the same creation as a PE.

This is just as amazing as I had hoped. Blackberry, sweet and juicy, springing out on top followed by the chewy resin grounded dry down. I could roll in this like cat nip! I still have several bottles of the previous brew. The addition of Teddy BB is just icing on the cake! I LURV that phero blend and am SOOOOOO excited to have it in NOX. What a FANTASTIC combination!!! Totally going FB - just not sure how many yet....^_~

I had high hopes for this one. But, On my skin I get an intense medicinal odor from the berries. It's sharp and overwheleming. I don't remember that from the older version. I really wish I could smell the resins as these are some of my faves.

On the longer dry down the medicinal is still very present, though a bit less sharp.

If this wasn't enhanced I'd just pass on it. But I'm going to hang on and hope age might bring this around to a me friendly scent.

I know with age the resins will grow deeper and more pronounced. I'm hoping the berries might evolve too.

StacyK, the first time I ever sniffed NOX, back in 2009, it smelled straight up cough medicine, but wow, did that ever change with time, as I noted in my comments above. Stash it aside for some time, let it do its stuff, and see if maybe you have the same experience.Hopefully, that will be the case.

I get juicy berries in the beginning. Its very strong while wet. There is a little resin but not much. I did fall asleep not long after putting it on. I don't know if that is the phero so much as it being 2 in the morning. Either way, this morning there is a lovely soft resin scent left over with the tiniest hint of a berry in there. I think Rose is definitely right about this aging well.

I pulled Nox from my stash to compare and the Teddy BB is so very sweet and the berries stay, even faintly, through the long lovely dry down. But my aged Nox is very much more resin-y and the berries flit away more quickly. I really like this sweet version A LOT, but I love my stash too. I'm curious if this will change in the same manor overtime?

Probably; resin notes deepen as they age, and the berry notes will probably decay faster after a few years. It's not as noticeable as with citrus, though. And it takes a while - I'm talking several years.

Got my FB of NOX w/ Teddy BB. It's difficult to review this one fairly since if you read my comments on the 2009 version of NOX, you will see that as much as it is one of my favorites, it was definitely NOT love at first sniff! Far from it. When I first sniffed 2009, I was just overwhelmed by the berry sweetness of it. Dark, sticky, sweet, medicinal. As I have said before.. cough medicine. At *least* a few months of aging and WOW!!! Did that ever change. I will liken this to, what to my nose, was an ugly duckling blooming into an unspeakably beautiful swan. Albeit, a black swan. Dark, rare, mysterious.. OMG...

Now, for this version. This one, both in the bottle, and on my skin, reads a lot more like a sweet, sugary, berry candy rather than the medicinal scent that the 2009 brew had. There is also a particular amber note in this one, almost sheer and confection-like, which at this point, is not working the magic that the former did on my skin. This note is quite insistent, as it remains quite present and strong, even as the berries go away, and I am not yet certain that I embrace this. There is a faint and lovely incensey element to it for sure. BUT..given my relationship history with NOX and all of its notorious leanings toward changeability, I feel that I am going to need to report back on NOX w/ Teddy BB in a few months or so in order to get, and give a more accurate sense of what this one is really capable of. NO LP has ever demonstrated better for me, the concept of NEVER underestimating the power of aging with perfume oils! I sniff my 2009 version now, in all its divinity, and can not fathom it ever having smelled the way it did at first! Stashing this one away for a bit to see what happens when it ages and does its magickal thing.

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

The 2009 definitely fits this description. I like them both in their respective forms - the sweetness of the current NOX suits my foodie lovin' side and the deliciousness of 2009 feeds my new love of all things resin! :)

Probably; resin notes deepen as they age, and the berry notes will probably decay faster after a few years. It's not as noticeable as with citrus, though. And it takes a while - I'm talking several years.

I sniff my 2009 version now, in all its divinity, and can not fathom it ever having smelled the way it did at first!

True - they seem so different now, but I never got to sniff NOX "new". I only began my LP journey in 2012 - a few good years of aging after it's inception.

Was there a previous NOX before that one, or have there only been these 2 so far?

Edited by NuTrix

Nutrix, there was an original 2007 (I think) of NOX. I have a bottle of that one and it is quite pretty, but to me, it differs quite a bit from the second 2009 brew. Others may very well disagree with me, but I much prefer the 2009. I have a difficult time describing the original, and will now have to drag it out for comparison when I have a chance!

A 2007? Wowza, it must've sold out fast to have a rebrew just a couple years later!

This new version is so deliciously berry sweet and I like it A LOT. Even though it goes faint and becomes a hint of sweetness, the berries stay the life of the wear. I wonder if I'm influenced at all by tthe Teddy BB - that I believe the smell is dreamy and delicious and comforting because TBB is making me FEEL comforted and content and happy in my LP goodness...?

Edited by NuTrix

I like this one. It smells a little bit like cough syrup and root beer (to me at least) - and I like it :) I applied this before bed and I woke up in the morning and was thinking -why am I smelling Ruby Red?.. I guess the cough syrup faded and the berries stayed .. and the remaining smell was reminding me of Ruby Red (which I love very much). also my brother loves this scent on me !

Yeah, I make more when my own personal stash runs out. :lol: It's a favorite pillow scent for me.

Mara, I LOVE slathering NOX on before bed time, and I do add a bit to my pillow. It clings beautifully to the sheets, and leaves a wonderful, exotic, soothing sexy scent on them. I only use black sheets, and the scent of NOX goes perfectly with the darkness. It's so magickal. I only have one precious, black NOX wax melt with Teddy BB left. I will be very sad when it is gone. It permeates and lingers in the air like an awesome aura or veil. Sighing...

Right, there has been three total. The primary reason NOX keeps getting rebrewed is because it's one of Mara's favorites. ;)

Yeah, I make more when my own personal stash runs out. :lol: It's a favorite pillow scent for me.

LOL! Well good! Because this is really fantastic!

I'm curious, if NOX is a favorite, was the idea to use Teddy BB to compliment something that you've done regularly and decided to shared with the rest of us?

The combination of berries and resins results at first in a grape-like aroma on my skin.

I was told this too - that it smelled of grapes. I kind of get it, but to me it truly smells of sweet delicious black raspberries :heart: I was happily snoffled just the same, so I was happy it was received with so much enthusiasm. He likened it to grape juice or the sweet soda. It surprized me, not because I already knew what the notes were, but because I hadn't made the comparrison. I could see how he got grape, but I read sweet beriies :) I'm in love either way ^_^ My bottles aren't going to last long the way I've been slathering this 2015 version...

I dug into my Nox 2015 sample yesterday, & I'm really loving the addition of Teddy BB. I was having an emotional day. I was very weepy, but Nox w/ Teddy BB turned it around for me. This version is really berry forward. I think it will be perfect after some aging, until then I'm mixing in some Nox v.1 to get the depth that I want.

I have been layering this one with the 2009 version, Beccah. I feel confident that this is going to age beautifully. It hasn't been long at all, and I can already detect a slight change. Mara's pairing of Nox with Teddy BB, is nothing less than perfection! To me, Nox has always invoked the feelings that Teddy BB does. I love both, but together, it doesn't get much better IMO.

I dug into my Nox 2015 sample yesterday, & I'm really loving the addition of Teddy BB. I was having an emotional day. I was very weepy, but Nox w/ Teddy BB turned it around for me. This version is really berry forward. I think it will be perfect after some aging, until then I'm mixing in some Nox v.1 to get the depth that I want.

I have been layering this one with the 2009 version, Beccah. I feel confident that this is going to age beautifully. It hasn't been long at all, and I can already detect a slight change. Mara's pairing of Nox with Teddy BB, is nothing less than perfection! To me, Nox has always invoked the feelings that Teddy BB does. I love both, but together, it doesn't get much better IMO.

I am soo trying hard to be 'good' ... adding Nox to my list though. I love Teddy BB for sleeping (don't use it very often) as I don't want to burn out on it, but looking forward to trying this based on reviews and of course, notes notes notes.

On me, this fragrance is sweet syrup-y berries blended beautifully with rich, dark resins. It's so smooth, not sharp or headache inducing like some resins can be on me. After wear, the perfume softens to a beautiful, powdery berry sugar. Pillowy soft that at this stage lasts and lasts. The Teddy BB makes this a very chill scent for me. Not sleepy as much as it relaxes me.

Wet, I get...grape Kool-Aid? Hmm. As it dries down the grape transforms into berry. It's a bit artificial-smelling though, which is unusual because berry usually likes me. I can tell the patchouli's there, but not heavily so. It feels like a sturdy base for the berry. It's hard to describe, but there's also a somewhat "golden" quality down in the base; my gut tells me it's the amber and myrrh. Sounds weird, but it's almost like a "glow", an olfactory rather than visual one...if such a thing exists!

Doesn't have tons of throw, but I think I prefer it that way. I don't think I could wear it if the scent was more intense just because of the underlying artificiality of the berry. Like B2.2 and Balm Bomb, the Teddy BB is nice and very relaxing. When it comes to selfies, so far the calming pheros have been the most effective for me. I have a sensitive nervous system (can get sensory overload) and am prone to anxiety, so it makes sense these work so well for me.

That said, a week or so ago out of nowhere I had a panic attack with symptoms atypical for me. The only possible trigger I can think of is that I wore fragrances with one of these three phero blends every day for four or five days in a row (they're good sleep pheros for me). Perhaps there was some buildup and I overloaded my system; in another thread I read androstadienone can raise cortisol, the stress hormone, so it very well could have been a contributing factor. I know this is a bit off topic, but thought it was worth mentioning for those who might be sensitive to be aware of.

Back to the fragrance. Now that I think of it, it reminds me a bit of a more berry forward Devilish Thoughts. Well, crap, the stinky-to-me phero's starting to bleed through. Not in a major way and it's probably because I'm sensitive to it. This is about two hours in.

In all, I like this; not enough to go full bottle, but I will use and enjoy my sample.

Edited by Patchjulie

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wear this wonderful scent around my mother. Sadly she loves it so much she actively covets it, and I'm not giving up my LPMP secrets to her. I notice that the scent stays stronger now it's aged a bit- it previously became very wispy on me. God I love this though, it's so luxuriously rich and somehow nurturing in an elegant, classy wealthy woman kind of way.

This is not one I even thought would be in the running for a full bottle based on the notes. My interest was based on the pheromone. Many people told me this one was calming and relaxing. I get really on edge when my husband is out of town and this was one that everyone was suggesting to me to combat that "fear". But when I tested this....oh man! It smells good! Like homemade jam and jelly good! I love patch and this one is gooooood! The blackberry and raspberry are so yummy. I would swear this has some sugars in it, but according to the notes it doesn't. I guess that is just the sweetness of the berries coming through.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally tried this out after ordering a FB this past November. I bought it not so much for the pheromone, but because it sounded popular here on the boards and wanted my bottle before it sold out again. I describe it as deep, dark, dusky berries. The pheromone is really good, though. When I first tried my Pheroma sample, it put me to sleep. Today, I am just chilled out and relaxed. It's calming. Reminds me of an anti-anxiety medication I took for migraines where nothing bothered me. Well, it's not that good, but the closest I've been to that medication. It's probably the pheromone and scent combo. I love resin scents and blackberry. Berries can be pointy taking the forefront sometimes, but not in this scent! This one just smells perfect!

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the berries in this one. My skin seems to amp the patchouli, though, so it's a little strong for my tastes.

Despite that, though, I keep finding myself going back in for another whiff of my arm. It is very soothing; I can see why people have been saying that they use it on their sheets!

• 5 months later...

I've been under a lot of stress which causes large amounts of anxiety for me. I was trying to get myself to just chill out and relax for a moment and then I remembered NOX. It had fallen off my radar. I'm so happy I remembered it! I put it on and slowly felt myself begin to relax. After about 20-30 mins I felt really relaxed. I'm not completely cured of my anxiety and stress but it's subsided a lot.

As far as the scent, it's so much more sheer than I remember. I think I love it even more. A raspberry resin scent in this gauzy like sheerness, like I'm wrapped and being hugged by a deep red/purple hazy light.

I panicked because I only have my original sample of this. I assumed it had sold out but I was relieved to find out it has not sold out yet. Fingers crossed that I can buy this before it's gone. (I'm worried I'll forget about it again.)

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I wear this scent people rave about it. They absolutely adore the rich berry fragrance- I've been followed around by scent stalkers. Teddy BB is an odd one for me. I have this phero blend in both Nox and The Big Easy, and with both fragrances the blend has the expected effect of making me feel calm and content. But it has this odd effect of also making me very attractive to men, particularly older men- WTF is up with that?

• 1 month later...