Lace-Unscented

Finally ordered my first Un Lace spray. Had to have this for the holidays this year I love my G&L and Red Lace. But, this is such a great social I had to get it Un. Esp for the coming season.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

I'm putting in my order of Lace UN soon due to recent male success with it in Ivory Cats: Tantalize. :purr: I just have to figure out if I want it in a spray or roll-on.

Re: self-effects, Lace just makes me feel...cute :D I enjoy the slight mood lift and bit of giggly cheer. Looking forward to going through my scent stash to pick ones to mix with the UN...off the top of my head, Fairy Cake: Sweet Pea :)

• 4 months later...

I used this tonight (covered with Sugared Violet) with some relatives who are civil but don't get really along with each other. One of them tends to be pretty dour in general. I just wanted to lift everyone's spirits a bit for dinner. I did notice that they were in a better than usual mood and somewhat more talkative. (That's about as happy as these folks can get with each other!) Things felt lighter overall; normally when this combination of people are together it feels subdued or tense. Will likely use Lace in again in other situations with them.

• 1 year later...

I love Lace and wear it frequently; I finally recently experienced a bit of the "ditziness" some have reported when accidentally putting on a bit too much. I wasn't exactly airheaded per se, but during my second glass of wine, I became a bit hyper, talking faster than normal. At a certain point, I realized I was just blathering, and I told myself to calm down, haha. Next time I put on a bit more than usual I'll dab some of it off.

I wore more lace today than I have in previous days, but each time I got some compliments or men, especially were extra helpful/attentive. Today was no exception, I think they were even more helpful and attentive, which was very nice. I've worn it twice, now, with Liebchen and LP Pink. Today, I was absolutely the center of attention, got some DIHL from one girl who walked in the door, at first. She stared for a solid 5 seconds. Many people who just pass by me like I'm part of the wall went out of their way to greet me multiple times, make small talk, get closer even though we could all hear each other fine, I was even invited to hang out with people who didn't know me from a can of paint. Today was a good day, and I think it was mostly the Lace. 

Is it better to get 100% alcohol spray or 60%/40% Alcohol to Oil spray?

What's the difference? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 8:25 AM, Maya said:

Is it better to get 100% alcohol spray or 60%/40% Alcohol to Oil spray?

What's the difference?

The diffusion

100% alcohol gets it airborne and into a cloud around you fast, an asset during parties, dances and any milestone event

when you really wish to make a great impression or simply insure a particular ambiance for your group

yet, this will also burn off faster especially in hot weather which in a long day into night scenario may require another application

60/40 adds oil to the mixture and is beneficial when you will not be re-applying or in all kinds of weather as it will warm with your body and diffuse nicely while also having a longer life on your skin since oil does not diffuse as quickly as alcohol will

When I can,  I like to layer the 60/40 spray OVER the roll-on oil of the same phero / phero-scent blend finding that

in any weather during any activity, it envelopes me quite well and will last easily day into night for me:smiley-rpg012:

I don't think I've experienced the Marilyn-esque aspect of this I've seen mentioned in the thread (probably because it's my natural disposition, to some degree). I may have seen this mentioned once or twice, but having it affect others in a way that makes them forgetful (but extra happy?). It's happened a few times while I'm wearing this one, people will forget things they should know around me when I wear Lace. I'm not sure if it's just coincidental or that it's a side-effect of how Lace can affect them, since most are saying how it makes them "ditzy" and forget things they know, momentarily. It happens whether I wear lace alone or with other scents (like, today, after seeing me for months working the same schedule, people suddenly forgot (they seemed pleasantly surprised to see me, though) and asked me why someone I don't know wasn't working atm). 

Aside from that, I'm generally happier when I wear it, much more carefree and bouncier when I walk. When I'm out shopping, I've been given extras, discounts and free drinks while I'm wearing Lace (especially when I wore it with Liebchen). Sales associates compliment me and we talk, where, previously, some had even ignored me. I'm also a little more talkative (barely. Irl, I don't really speak unless it's absolutely necessary bc I prefer to just observe, hate repeating myself, and have always been a very quiet person). I'm not starting conversations with anyone, but I'll be pleased to continue or participate when wearing Lace. 

As for the chivalry from men, I think some of them reacted well to Lace (most, actually), I've only ever had one guy turn hostile while I was wearing it (I think that had more to do with him feeling rejected), I know it's been mentioned that it's a social-sexy 'mone, is it possible that some men pick up more on the sexy of it? I think that's been happening with one guy I know. It could be unrelated, though.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the second or third time I've noticed others being a little spacey when I wear lace. My Uber driver sat at three green lights. Luckily, no one was behind us, but I know they saw the lights and something didn't compute. It was weird. Idk where I mentioned the other people forgetting when they usually see me and acting surprised when I wore Lace, once. 

I thought I was supposed to get that effect :lol2:

Edited by SugarKitten

21 hours ago, SugarKitten said:

I think this is the second or third time I've noticed others being a little spacey when I wear lace. My Uber driver sat at three green lights. Luckily, no one was behind us, but I know they saw the lights and something didn't compute. It was weird. Idk where I mentioned the other people forgetting when they usually see me and acting surprised when I wore Lace, once. 

I thought I was supposed to get that effect :lol2:

That's funny about your Uber driver! 

I know for a fact that me wearing Lace in the car with my mum = a lot of silly conversation and giggles! :D  Every once in a while I have to tell her, "Uh... green means go Mum!" at traffic lights. She's also missed a stop sign or two! :lol:  Well, she hasn't driven through one yet, but I've had to tell her on a couple of occasions that we were coming up to one, because she just didn't seem to notice! ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ? guys, new here ! I started ordering last month & can’t seem to stop any time I ever extra money now lol...I ordered Lace last week in the alcohol base spray form & absolutely cannot wait til it’s here ! I love this forum & looking through all of your reviews. Y’all are not boring, lol

So I got my package today & eagerly tore into it, & immediately sprayed 3 spritzes of Lace, & WOW, this it it !! These full strength pheromones don’t play ! I felt super tipsy for the first few hours, & I still feel all happy & energetic !

i went to the store earlier & in my Lace cloud, almost rammed into this poor random lady’s cart, apologized & she got super happy looking & all giggly, it had to have been my Lace cloud, lol. 

Haven’t used around men yet, so I cannot speak of hits, but to be honest, I love the self effects of this soooo much that I don’t even care about hits ! I will definitely always have it, as long as it’s around. It’s a winner for sure.

So, those of you who love Lace, do you have any other recs for the full strengths ? 

• 5 months later...

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this, but since I was mostly wearing Lace UN yesterday (with a little DHEAS and TMI), I'll post it here (otherwise, please direct me to the right place). 

Anyway, I definitely put too much on, yesterday. A few minutes after leaving my apartment, I got DIHL from Betty (she stared for a really long time, but like she had no idea who I was). I smiled back, but then she made a weird face and went inside. 

Half an hour later, I went to the grocery store and while checking out, I the cashier stared at me for a while before starting to help. A guy at a hotdog stand also just stared for a long time before deciding to help me (but he also tried to give me a gross hotdog that was rolling around on Gods know what, so I decided to eat somewhere else). 

The people I was with were nice and didn't seem to be affected by it, well, I didn't ghost to them and they were closer to me than anyone else (one of my friends may have been affected, thinking back, he seemed unusually confused at lunch over the menu and pricing that made sense to everyone else. I could be wrong about that, though). I'm thinking it was the Lace, since I've ghosted with this at work, before. It was an interesting day, to say the least. I did have a bunch of fun at the parade. 🍀

so how did your lace un go?

have you tried cops or OCCO with it?

have you tried in a trial vial adding lace un with perfume plus a little OCCO?

would love to hear your reviews

Oh, that one was my Lace Un (one of them, I currently have it in a rose and light blue roller bottle, each. I think I wore the light blue that day) 

I haven't tried it with cops or OCCO, yet, but that is something I'll hopefully be getting to within the next couple of weeks. 

No, I haven't added any to my TV the way you've described, yet. I just found some roller bottles of mine that are empty and I do have some CB that I might put my remaining Bombshell into for a Lace/CB combined scent, or I might just wear one of my DIY sprays with Lace in it (I think it's one of my cotton candy scents, can't recall) and wear one of the OCCO LE's I've been neglecting (and I was so excited about getting those, too:oops:. I'll definitely be showing those ones some love after I finish these experiments). I am definitely interested in seeing how a combo like that would work out, but on my next set of outings, I'm not sure I'll want to get the attention cops scents and OCCOS would provide, seeing as I'll definitely be going around semi/formerly familiar areas, alone. 

I'll tag you in the post when I finally do get to try it, though!   

@Fang Turns out I was wrong, I have a berry scented oil that I mixed Lace and CB into, already. Not sure how I forgot about it, but I did mix a cops heavy one with Lace, already, I guess. 

• 1 month later...

I want to tell a cautionary Lace tale, for those of you who might already be considered bubbly or outgoing or simply "blonde."

Yesterday I wore Red Lace to work to up my energy level in the morning, as Friday morning is one of my biggest classes and it's also a bit of a social event for our little community. Class is at 9:30am, but we have coffee ready for anyone who wants to come early at 9am, and we have fresh baked cookies immediately following class thanks to our head resident mermaid/ pastry chef. There is laughter and joviality, but it's meant to center on yoga and not just coffee and cookies.

Now I take requests of poses and body parts that people need attention on for class, but my regulars know that I take musical requests as well. I did have a set list planned that included Blondie, the B-52's and Pat Benetar, but one of the first students there requested my "Wrecking Crew" mix. This means my mix I made when Hal Blaine died- look it up if you don't know, but you know his beats! My Hal Blaine mix is like 4 hours long, so I can just hunt and grab whatever, or put it on shuffle, or let it roll as I originally ordered it. But, now I'm in LACE! So we're talking Punk Panther theme, Mission Impossible theme, Hawaii Five-O and so on. There were a lot of requests for neck and shoulder relief, so I had them grab tennis balls for some floor pressure point work, not my normal morning behavior. Just to be clear, no one asked for feet work. BUT, Lace. I had them rolling their feet on tennis balls to The Carpenter's (they long to be) Close to You. And here's the best part, during the Laaaaaaaa- La- La-La Laaaaa's, I told them to imagine their toes were little Muppets, singing to them. Yup. I did that. Told my students to imagine that their toes were muppets, singing the back up vocals on Close to You. 

In summary, I would NOT recommend Lace for divorce court. Unless the judge is a muppet. 

I believe that that there is no original idea, we just act on our inspirations or we don't, that's why some of us get to do things first. Based on that, I googled it. I don't know if I've seen it before, but here it is-

Edited by Eastwood22

1 hour ago, Eggers said:

Omg! 😂😂😂 I LOVE that you did that! So funny! Your yoga classes must be HUGE! 

My classes are like black licorice, not for everyone! I'm sure some people hate me and hate my classes. That's okay. I'm not always open to "constructive criticism" when I haven't asked anyone for it. I've been told on several occasions that I should play "less abrasive" music, and I remind them that there are plenty of teachers that play no music and that I'm not the right teacher for everyone. If I were the only teacher around here I'd make sure it would work for everyone but you really cannot throw a rock in the SF Bay Area without hitting a yogi.

I think your classes sound awesome. And if wearing Lace makes you tell people to imagine their toes are Muppets, then you should definitely do more of that. I'm a firm believer that there's value in laughter as yoga. 😉😅

17 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I want to tell a cautionary Lace tale, for those of you who might already be considered bubbly or outgoing or simply "blonde."

Yesterday I wore Red Lace to work to up my energy level in the morning, as Friday morning is one of my biggest classes and it's also a bit of a social event for our little community. Class is at 9:30am, but we have coffee ready for anyone who wants to come early at 9am, and we have fresh baked cookies immediately following class thanks to our head resident mermaid/ pastry chef. There is laughter and joviality, but it's meant to center on yoga and not just coffee and cookies.

Now I take requests of poses and body parts that people need attention on for class, but my regulars know that I take musical requests as well. I did have a set list planned that included Blondie, the B-52's and Pat Benetar, but one of the first students there requested my "Wrecking Crew" mix. This means my mix I made when Hal Blaine died- look it up if you don't know, but you know his beats! My Hal Blaine mix is like 4 hours long, so I can just hunt and grab whatever, or put it on shuffle, or let it roll as I originally ordered it. But, now I'm in LACE! So we're talking Punk Panther theme, Mission Impossible theme, Hawaii Five-O and so on. There were a lot of requests for neck and shoulder relief, so I had them grab tennis balls for some floor pressure point work, not my normal morning behavior. Just to be clear, no one asked for feet work. BUT, Lace. I had them rolling their feet on tennis balls to The Carpenter's (they long to be) Close to You. And here's the best part, during the Laaaaaaaa- La- La-La Laaaaa's, I told them to imagine their toes were little Muppets, singing to them. Yup. I did that. Told my students to imagine that their toes were muppets, singing the back up vocals on Close to You. 

In summary, I would NOT recommend Lace for divorce court. Unless the judge is a muppet. 

I believe that that there is no original idea, we just act on our inspirations or we don't, that's why some of us get to do things first. Based on that, I googled it. I don't know if I've seen it before, but here it is-

I wish I could come take your class.

I'd love to be able to wear Red Lace to work or wherever. I love No. CA 😁

16 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

My classes are like black licorice, not for everyone! I'm sure some people hate me and hate my classes. That's okay. I'm not always open to "constructive criticism" when I haven't asked anyone for it. I've been told on several occasions that I should play "less abrasive" music, and I remind them that there are plenty of teachers that play no music and that I'm not the right teacher for everyone. If I were the only teacher around here I'd make sure it would work for everyone but you really cannot throw a rock in the SF Bay Area without hitting a yogi.

Exactly. So why would you do it cookie cutter. I'd think it would be better business wise to be yourself. People know to expect your style when they take the class.  

10 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Eggers agreed. Laughter is the only glue left in this crazy world!

Right? Plus, it's healthy. I think laughter stimulates the vagus nerve, which is also stimulated by yoga practice and meditation. I don't believe that there's anything wrong with some giggles during yoga practice. I laugh all the time when I fall out of a pose, so, pretty often! :lol:  

Are there Lace wax melts? Maybe you should get one of those going, and get a few of those people on "the Lace page"! LOL! Kidding... sorta. ;)

2 hours ago, halo0073 said:

You might be the only yogi alive who could get me to do a public yoga class. Lol

YES. I think a slightly unorthodox approach would make me a little more inclined to take a public class. For instance, a lot of the music that I hear played in yoga videos, (for example), is music that I find either aggravating because it's too soft, or music that makes me too emotional/anxious, and therefore distracting and counterproductive. I personally would appreciate the more upbeat approach. I know a lot of people don't care for Adriene's chatty, humorous, approach, but I love it, because she's funny, and while she takes her yoga seriously, she's not so reverent that yoga seems too unapproachable or "elevated" for the average person. 

It's probably pretty great that there are so many yoga "flavours" to choose from in your area, as it would be much simpler to find something that "fits" what people are looking for, and what makes them comfortable. We currently have 3 choices in town, and they're all pretty basic: hot yoga, kundalini yoga, and I think there's still an ashtanga yoga place as well. 

Anyway... I'm running low on Unscented Lace, and the mention of Muppet toes singing the Carpenters to me in yoga class is making me want to get some more. Soon! 

10 hours ago, halo0073 said:

You might be the only yogi alive who could get me to do a public yoga class. Lol

Oh, if you were here, you'd be taking it! I wouldn't offer you a choice. 

7 hours ago, Eggers said:

We currently have 3 choices in town, and they're all pretty basic: hot yoga, kundalini yoga, and I think there's still an ashtanga yoga place as well. 

That's not a lot to choose from! Hot yoga is for weight loss, kundalini is awesome but not for everyone, and ashtanga is great for young people and people with a lot of nervous energy, but it's the same sequence everyday. And you're not supposed to advance to next pose if you can't do preceding one. I prefer to gear the yoga to the person instead of the other way around!

Do you know what music you've heard in yoga videos that makes you emotional or anxious? You prob don't have that memorized, just curious. 

@oceanjewel the key, for you, is to hold poses longer. Not standing poses, poses on the floor. Make sure you always count to at least 20 seconds, or 30, before moving. Some vinyasa or flow classes might be too fast for you to get sufficient stretching. Also make sure that your body heat is up, you can raise your internal heat by always breathing slowly and smoothly thru nose, not the mouth. 

Edited by Eastwood22

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@oceanjewel the key, for you, is to hold poses longer. Not standing poses, poses on the floor. Make sure you always count to at least 20 seconds, or 30, before moving. Some vinyasa or flow classes might be too fast for you to get sufficient stretching. Also make sure that your body heat is up, you can raise your internal heat by always breathing slowly and smoothly thru nose, not the mouth. 

Thank you! :)

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Oh, if you were here, you'd be taking it! I wouldn't offer you a choice. 

That's not a lot to choose from! Hot yoga is for weight loss, kundalini is awesome but not for everyone, and ashtanga is great for young people and people with a lot of nervous energy, but it's the same sequence everyday. And you're not supposed to advance to next pose if you can't do preceding one. I prefer to gear the yoga to the person instead of the other way around!

Do you know what music you've heard in yoga videos that makes you emotional or anxious? You prob don't have that memorized, just curious. 

The music that makes me most emotional is classical music - especially if I'm alone. Music that's really soft and has a "tinkly" kind of sound makes me overly emotional too, (the opening credits of Yoga with Adriene's Revolution program has this kind of music, and I think I must have cried almost every day the first time I did that month-long practice!). Actually, the two kind of emotions go hand-in-hand for me. If I feel too emotional, I begin to feel anxious, because after having spent a few years suffering untreated depression, sadness is anxiety-producing in that I feel like the sadness will never stop, and I begin to panic. It's kind of a "depression hangover", I guess? 

The other kind of music that feels "yogically" counter-productive is soft female voices over soft music. I don't know why, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me, and makes me feel irritable. Stuff like Adele or Loreena McKennitt. I know they're supposed to be soothing in some way, and probably romantic and emotionally evocative. But they make me feel like pounding my head against a wall. 

I'm starting to think that maybe I should wear Lace to work tomorrow. It's a holiday Monday and I suspect we could be busy, but nobody's going anywhere, (not to theater or anything like that), so it could be a nice, fun holiday Monday at work... keep my coworkers and me in giggles, anyway! Lol! 

Edited by Eggers
grammar & punctuation. can't do it.

2 hours ago, Eggers said:

Music that's really soft and has a "tinkly" kind of sound makes me overly emotional too,

There's a certain type of tinkly piano in relaxation music that I cannot do. 

2 hours ago, Eggers said:

he other kind of music that feels "yogically" counter-productive is soft female voices over soft music. I don't know why, but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me, and makes me feel irritable. Stuff like Adele or Loreena McKennitt. I know they're supposed to be soothing in some way, and probably romantic and emotionally evocative. But they make me feel like pounding my head against a wall. 

That reminds me of Jai Jagdeesh, she has a gorgeous voice but I was so sad when I was listening to it, I have to change it now. I've added more female vocalists over the years, I prefer a deeper voice like Tori Amos, but I always need the male baritones to calm me down.

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

There's a certain type of tinkly piano in relaxation music that I cannot do. 

That reminds me of Jai Jagdeesh, she has a gorgeous voice but I was so sad when I was listening to it, I have to change it now. I've added more female vocalists over the years, I prefer a deeper voice like Tori Amos, but I always need the male baritones to calm me down.

Yeah. Piano type tinklies. Can't do it. Makes me cry. 

I like strong female voices. Ones that are maybe not typically "feminine". Grace Slick, Joan Jett, Stevie Nicks, Janis Joplin... Cyndi Lauper. I love Billie Holiday. Aretha Franklin. There are others... 

I'm not familiar with Jai Jagdeesh. But I totally get not being able to listen to something that you listened to when you were sad. I've got a few of those myself.