BLUD w/Sexpionage

il_fullxfull.1318472930_7nwy.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
STORAX ~ Healing, mental acuity, relaxation, sensual, love drawing, deflection of negativity.

You would have missed it if you weren’t looking.

A weathered wooden sign, wired to an equally decrepit fence, bearing the word BLUD. Underneath the sign is a basket of apples, and compared to the fence and the sign, the basket looks suspiciously new.

The street is so quiet, and you look around wondering if this is a Halloween prank of some kind, as it so strange a thing to encounter. You were only looking for a shortcut home, a walk which might offer a more picturesque landscape than the center of town, crowded and noisy.

BLUD, you read. Blud? What is that? The sign is lettered in a crude fashion, the paint black upon stained wood, it would be difficult to discern the word were it not rendered in uppercase script. Then the scent hits you. Looking within the basket, you see it is full of apples, and the apples are bright red with streaks of a darker shade which looks almost black. The smell is intense, a sweetness just on the edge of cloying, overripe. Again, you look around, wondering at the meaning of the sign.

The house which the fence surrounds is no different from any other house in the neighborhood: aged from the elements, with flaking paint and cloudy windowglass. Some neighborhoods age gracefully, others slide into a decline they may never acknowledge. This house is shuttered against the inquiries of ordinary daylight, against your curiosity and yet - you are moved, somehow, to investigate,

But first.

You reach down and take one of the apples. It is heavy, yet also small, and the word which comes to mind is stunted. Its’ mass feels soft, as if it is indeed going rotten. If so its’ decay is well-disguised because the skin is so vivid and shiny.

Revulsion and inquisitiveness fight for control of your actions. You place the apple back in the basket even as you are so tempted to take a bite. And why would you want to do that anyway?

But you do.

You stare at the house for a few minutes, trying to discern any signs of habitation.

Just go up and knock on the door, ask whoever answers what this means.

But you don’t.

The sun is slanting into your eyes, into the windows, setting them alight with a syrupy glow. The air slowly cools and the wind murmurs, rustling leaves both fallen on the ground and dying on the trees.

The trees.

...apple tree?

You open the gate and walk into the yard, following the outer edge of the fence to the back of the house. The property slopes down and away from the structure and after a few strides you see it.

It is indeed an apple tree, twisted and gnarled. Or so it would seem.

Because at that moment the wind picks up and you hear its’ secret. You are not meant to, of course, but it is so eager for you, eagerly waiting for you to come closer.

Blood, it says.

An apple drops from it with a thud. It makes a wet sound as it falls into the grass. It echoes like a heartbeat in the stillness. The waning light throws the branches and trunk into stark relief against a blue sky which seems relentless and vast. Cruel and indifferent.

Blood, it says again, in the voice of the wind and the leaves.

You understand that you are meant to be enthralled in the way in which wrong things, cursed trees, and haunted places call to anyone near enough to feel the virulent allure.

You stand there, knowing that you are close, but not quite close enough to succumb. But at that moment it holds you in its’ mystery. Your hands clench and your jaw tenses as you grit your teeth, waiting for the courage to step back from whatever it is the tree really is, to turn and run as fast as you can.

You only hope it happens before the sun goes down.

First of all, Luna, that story is so full of win!

This was hard not to go full bottle on -- rare ingredients, resins -- but I am so trying to confront the hoard and start using things up that I made myself stick to sampler. This is stunning. It reminds me of Bewitching Hour, but that scent is full of late afternoon sunlight and this one is so Of the Night I can't begin to describe it well. The herbs and resins somehow temper each other in perfect balance and the apple ( which is clearly from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil), while a dominant note, doesn't read fruity or foodie. It's much more serious than that. This is a grown-up scent but not ladylike in the least. Complex, sophisticated, deeply female and oh yeah, also pure sexual power.

If you are looking for a Sexpionage scent, jump on this.

This was hard not to go full bottle on -- rare ingredients, resins -- but I am so trying to confront the hoard and start using things up that I made myself stick to sampler. This is stunning. It reminds me of Bewitching Hour, but that scent is full of late afternoon sunlight and this one is so Of the Night I can't begin to describe it well. The herbs and resins somehow temper each other in perfect balance and the apple ( which is clearly from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil), while a dominant note, doesn't read fruity or foodie. It's much more serious than that. This is a grown-up scent but not ladylike in the least. Complex, sophisticated, deeply female and oh yeah, also pure sexual power.

I went for two full bottles, unsniffed....could not resist when I saw the ingredients. I wanted a good sexpionage scent.......can't wait to get mine!

Edited by Dolly

I went for two full bottles, unsniffed....could not resist when I saw the ingredients. I wanted a good sexpionage scent.......can't wait to get mine!

Dolly, I'm remembering Decadent Diva (spacing on the name of your PE that inspired that, sorry) and whoa, lady, this was probably made with you in mind!

Dolly, I'm remembering Decadent Diva (spacing on the name of your PE that inspired that, sorry) and whoa, lady, this was probably made with you in mind!

That PE was Resin Ho......so glad I still have a couple bottles of that one! When I read the ingredients for BLUD, I thought....hmmmmmm.......this one is quite possibly me!

Edited by Dolly

OK, so wet, both in the bottle and on my skin.....right up front, I get apple and benzoin. Benzoin always seems to have a bazooka-bubble gum scent on me for about the first 15 min or so, so I can pick it out. The apple is not bright though.....definitely a red delicious, very ripe apple. The apple fades to the background, but stays present. After drydown, I start getting more of the dragon's blood and woody notes......AND this one TOTALLY covers Sexpionage's stinkiness. Love love love! Glad I got two bottles!!

ETA......BUY THIS! After a few hours in, it is a musky skin scent that is still definitely THERE, but not in-your-face......it wafts and surrounds you, but is not cloyingly sweet or crazy dark.....it has a certain sweetness to it.....has people saying...."what is that?" and "you smell good"......and I didn't slather.....about a 2" stripe on back of hands.....you could totally put this on 2-3 hours before an "encounter", and still have a darker (but not too dark) skin scent with sexpionage still covered.....this one is a GEM!

ETA# 2......this one has STAYING POWER! I woke up this morning and could still smell the musky amber-y goodness.....YUM. LOVE IT.

Edited by Dolly

Can't wait to get my bottle of this ... I also ordered it unsniffed.

Love your review.

OK, so wet, both in the bottle and on my skin.....right up front, I get apple and benzoin. Benzoin always seems to have a bazooka-bubble gum scent on me for about the first 15 min or so, so I can pick it out. The apple is not bright though.....definitely a red delicious, very ripe apple. The apple fades to the background, but stays present. After drydown, I start getting more of the dragon's blood and woody notes......AND this one TOTALLY covers Sexpionage's stinkiness. Love love love! Glad I got two bottles!!

ETA......BUY THIS! After a few hours in, it is a musky skin scent that is still definitely THERE, but not in-your-face......it wafts and surrounds you, but is not cloyingly sweet or crazy dark.....it has a certain sweetness to it.....has people saying...."what is that?" and "you smell good"......and I didn't slather.....about a 2" stripe on back of hands.....you could totally put this on 2-3 hours before an "encounter", and still have a darker (but not too dark) skin scent with sexpionage still covered.....this one is a GEM!

ETA# 2......this one has STAYING POWER! I woke up this morning and could still smell the musky amber-y goodness.....YUM. LOVE IT.

After these reviews it is easy to understand how quickly it has sold out.

If Blud is really all gone, I have a full bottle that I can offer up FOR TRADE ONLY. I have a little wish list going over in the trade section. I've been having so much fun with al these great combos that work really well for me, there's no need to horde ones that don't work on my skin when someone else could be working it right.

I'll allow your post because you're new, but - just a point of protocol: the review threads are for reviews. If you are wanting to trade off/trade for/buy a particular scent then that has to go in the Trading Post. :)

@luna65, just delete it, I can break rules elsewhere, every day offers more opportunities to assert my specialness and flaunt that rules don't apply to me. I want to be a good houseguest and obey rules here! Really I just need to figure out how to change title on trade page or make a new one.

YALL!! Lol. This month I have been testing my samples without reading ingredients. So I popped open the vial and smelled this. A blast of sweet from the Apple, something resiny and wormwood. Good to go! I slathered on a goodly amount, put on a long sleeved shirt and a sweater, and off I went...to church!!!

The heat was diffusing the scent wonderfully. I could get hints of the dragons blood, and the apple had faded nicely into the background, just tart enough to brighten the scent. I love wormwood in scents and how they give an antique quality in them. So of course I could identify that. There was something sweet and herbal (turns out it was the laudanum) that was quite pleasant that I didn't know what it was, so it was at this point in the car that I popped up the forum on my phone (I wasn't driving) and discovered that I'd just applied a heaping assload of Sexpionage and left my house for church!!

I did my best to keep it from diffusing too much but really, my layers of clothing were MADE for diffusion. I did my best to keep to myself as much as I could. The Marine was the only guy I was in very close proximity to, and he behaved exactly as I expected. Hes an alpha male, but sometimes sexually aggressive heros make him almost shy around me, and that was what I was getting. But the women! My gosh. I was a social butterfly in the coffee hour after church. Once they got in my circle, it was like they just got sucked into my orbit and they couldnt help but chat with me. I got hugged more than I ever have! Marine even commented on it after we left. (He doesnt know I phero.)

The scent has dried down nicely into an herbal musky scent. The day is young, and im staying home, so I might refresh and enjoy the stages of drydown that I was too horrified to notice earlier. And well see what Sexpionae does in the confines of my home. Lol

Edited by BlueBear

LOLOLOL....BB.....Sexpionage at church! Too funny! I have had that...."oh crap, I just went into public wearing ______" too many times!

Oh my gosh, BB!! LOL!!

I tried this out last night, and Ill just add that Sexpionage does not disappoint! He turned off the tv, hustled me back to the bedroom, lit some candles, and turned on Sam Smith. But Sexpionage brings out the RAWR, so be forewarned!

I found the scent to be lovely for Fall. I got the apple when it was in the vial, and wet on my skin, but it dried down to a smooth, resiny woody type scent.

Haha!! Good one Blue bear! Isn’t it funny how popular you were with the women? I also get that reaction with BI and women!

This scent wasn’t something I loved when I tried it the first time but I am letting it sit and trying it again later. I needed more sexpionage though so I ordered another bottle of Comp P instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my bottle of Blud about a week and a half ago ... I opened the bottle and it screeched at me so loudly that I hastily replaced the lid and let it sleep.

Tonight I came in and the scent seemed to have settled a bit ... maybe it is feeling slightly less peevish from it's bumpy journey over the ocean; maybe it enjoyed it's many days-long rest; maybe it was just the turning of Halloween which soothed it's emotions ... I don't know ...

... I swirled two large applications on each of my wrists ... and for a while there was one note which jarred badly on me ...

... but once again the settling time seems to have worked it's magic because ... oh my ... all the scents have settled and I am left with the most mysterious, delicious, sweetly hypnotic scent that I could ever have wished for.

A truly beautiful perfume.

After a decade of being an LPMP fangirl I think I can predict what is going to appeal to me and what is not...and while I really admire the complexity of this scent, it's not really for me. But wow, is it ever DEEP! In the beginning it sort of reminds me of Pomme de Poison but then in the long drydown I'm reminded more of something like Verhext.

Dolly, thank you for reviewing this one, I was on the fence, once I saw this, I'm off to order a bottle...thanks

Ugh, its sold out...

• 3 weeks later...

Would love a rebrew.

I'm no stranger to Sexpionage but this scent combo seemed to make it more effective than Compromising Positions for me ! Sometimes you gotta nudge me into those darker scents and OH BOY am I ever impressed. Crazy hits at over 10 feet away from me (oil-based FB) and selfies that last 3 days after one application. This should be impossible !

I just finished a rebrew!

I had to swap out two of the minute resin ingredients for other sources of the same thing, so it won't be EXACT but it should be very very close.

Just added 20 bottles into the cart.

I'm glad so many enjoyed this one, thanks for all the kind words! :)

• 1 month later...

Hurray on the rebrew !!! If you are looking for a heavy hitter ( to be used in a safe environment ), you totally should try this. If you've been sticking to the pretty florals, the yummy honeys, the mouth-watering foodies and need a nudge into bad girl territory, consider yourself nudged !

:biker-babe:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, first---that story is awesome! Thank you for that, I enjoyed reading it. :D

This is one of my favorite LP scents, because I know within minutes of dry down all I have to do is move somewhere in the general vicinity of Mr. Crash and the Sexpionage does exactly what you'd expect. ;) 

He once described it to me as, "smelling like incense. But the good kind of incense, not the stinky kind." As he huffs the general vicinity of my neck. :smiley-laughing024:  

He also went on to tell me that this is his personal favorite out of the scents from LP I've tested so far. 

I do love that hint of apple, and I'm pretty sure the addition of dragon's blood helped Mr. Crash's assessment that it smells like incense, but overall this is a deliciously complex blend that hides a hint of bite. It has a kind of sweet, almost honey-kissed scent to it (probably the benzoin) that makes the darker aspects so much more intriguing when they sink in.  I think Black Cat did a very good job of describing it, as it's definitely not something I feel daring enough to wear out of the house, even on date nights:

On 10/16/2017 at 6:43 PM, Black Cat said:

This is a grown-up scent but not ladylike in the least. Complex, sophisticated, deeply female and oh yeah, also pure sexual power.

Absolutely a keeper. After sampling, I picked up a full bottle of this one.

• 5 months later...

I really enjoy this one! FB material for me for sure. It reminds me of something. I think it’s LP Black. As far as Sexpionage- I don’t have anyone around right now, but I was feeling pretty down before I put it on and I felt a little pick me up right after application. 

I think I’d pair this with UN Dom or LFN, LFM.

Edited by amoradrianam
Wrong name

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t tried compromising positions  :)

I tried this one again alone, and I oh so lightly felt how it could lead to well what I am hoping for with this one -The boys to play rough with me, but not cause pain - 

I am so tiny, and am grateful for the gentleness, but sometimes this Energy Goddess wants to be in her body and feel alllll of both of us- Don’t want so much holding back on their part. I know generally what my body is capable of given the opportunity. 

Will see see how it goes. I love this scent, and though my skin noms it up after a bit, I can layer it with LP Red, Black Velvet Pumpkin, or possibly reapply. I have noticed I will need a bigger amount with this one, but I think that’s because it’s added, and not UN. 

Also, I accidentally fell asleep with it still on me- I don’t know how much of it is left on me, but I am feeling pretty good/balanced. Even though it is sexpionage, and I’m assuming I most assuredly would not want to just go out in public with it on- I sure want to. Ha. 

Not really feeling the sexy so much today, just a balanced feeling sort of like with audacious, but without all the ‘pep’ 

I recently went through a traumatic experience on Christmas Eve, so I don’t know if it’s related to what I’m going through already or not, but Reading about Labdanum It definitely applies to my experience. 

Bodyyyyyyyy Activate!!!!!!! 

Hahaha 

Edited by amoradrianam
Info

:( What did I do wrong you guys :( waahhhh

Well, I’m just not sure. I applied a bit of this  Blud before in a smaller amount and Self Effects: I felt a slight pick me up as well as how it could definitely be steered a sexual way (I just figured probably needed a bit more to really get the feel of it) so today I was SO EXCITED to try it on a guy. 

I applied what I thought would be a normal amount, I didn’t feel much of anything self effects wise and zero sexually, so I applied even more 😕 eep. I really wanted to have a sexually animalistic fantastic time. 

Applying more, I didn’t really notice of anything other than I just feel sort of very balanced? 

So, I applied a tiny amount of Audacious under my nose- There was an immediate slight lifting/happiness? and I felt a little of   Sexual type feelings though I was trying really hard to feel sexual, it just wasn’t happenin.

As for him, well I think I did notice maybe slightly were he seemed to well this is just going to get graphic argh. 

Lets see. Well, ahem he seemed well I guess I should say I *may have noticed a slight difference in his body, but also I should note that we have not been sexual in almost a month, so he was really very ready ;)

Did I put to much on? 

Whered I go wrong? 

Do I need more? Maybe sexpionage in UN? 

Maybe he had great effects, and I just wasn’t aware of it. 

Just recalled that that he did seem to tell/ask me to do certain things whereas before, I most always no matter who it is do everything. 

Hmmm now this could def be a hit. 

That was a big difference today. 

Also wanted to note that my moon is supposed this coming week, and I usually wear Cops, with LFN or LFM. When we’re together in private. Sometimes will add tiny dab of Dom under my nose for sexual self effects- only every once in a while. 

Edited by amoradrianam
Memory

• 3 months later...

My new man LOVES the scent of this.  Resins always do bloom BEAUTIFULLY on me, and this is no exception.  As for the pheros, they did their job, as Sexpionage generally does.  Turns up the heat from normal to BROIL in no time flat!