Flying Potion 2017

il_fullxfull.1365768423_i478.jpg

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.
CASSIS ~ Love, fertility, abundance. Healing, money attraction, protection.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

I think I need to let this one rest awhile longer because its suuuuuuuper light on me. I smell all the usual suspects but just much lighter. Marshmallow is a bit lighter than the last version and the original. I smell ylang, licorice, grapefruit and spices all at about the same ratio, which is to say present but subtle and well blended. It also smells more creamy than usual which has to be the vanilla. Its a VERY nice version. I hope it gets a little stronger with a bit of aging.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more creamy to me, too, Halo. I get lots of creamy ylang. Not as much licorice or grapefruit as some past versions. I always love Flying Potion, but sometimes my chemistry does weird things with it. This one is behaving nicely though!

How does this version compare to the 2015 version? That one was whitest, most creamy & marshmallow fluffy of all versions I've tried ('13 - '16).

I dont remember '16 that well. The trial leaked so I never had a good run with it.

Edited by StacyK

This is delicious! Creamy marshmallow, vanilla with just the lightest hint of spice. I've been sniffing my arm all day. It's very light, but just perfect!

ETA - It's a PMS type of day, I have a ton of work to catch up on before tomorrow, and my husband is being a total ass, but somehow (Levitation) I am remaining relatively calm. I'll be ordering a full bottle of this for sure!!!

Edited by Kayla

I think I need to let this one rest awhile longer because its suuuuuuuper light on me. I smell all the usual suspects but just much lighter.

I agree with this; I'm kind of wondering if it has to do with my sample not being a mini spray bottle like usual? I shook it really well but yeah, it's very transparent.

To answer your question about the '15 version, Stacy, I would say that one is creamier. But that's not to say this one isn't; or it may become so with some aging.

15 minutes in, I'm smelling a sweetened nutmeg. I don't know if a man would wear this, but it's spicy enough on me that I'd follow a man around who smelled this good. My first husband did use a hair product that made him smell like pumpkin pie, but he wasn't known for extreme masculinity. I also get the vanilla and ylang ylang, which feminize it of course, but you really can't go wrong with these notes.

Sadly, I broke the top of the glass vial, but fortunately, the closest mostly empty vial was BBM. So I'm sure in 6 months when I open it again it will be deliciously lovely.

Edited by Eastwood22

I agree with this; I'm kind of wondering if it has to do with my sample not being a mini spray bottle like usual? I shook it really well but yeah, it's very transparent.

To answer your question about the '15 version, Stacy, I would say that one is creamier. But that's not to say this one isn't; or it may become so with some aging.

Thanks. I LOVE '15. Its so marshmallow-creamy. Its so "white out" its almost wintery to me.

Tough decisions.. I only have 4 bottles of Flying Potion left... lol

I've liked each version of Flying potion since 2014 when I started with LP fragrances. This year's is no exception and I sprang for the FB this time. I love that it's a gentle scent on me - very good for work - and it makes me feel happy. :)

• 2 years later...

I had this for two years and did not try it out of the vial, for two reasons:

I went through a phero-free 2018 as soon as New Year hit, for health reasons.

I also went scent blind to marshmallow and ylang ylang from practically snortnig Sensual Harmony and somehow Fairy Cake Magnolia (doesn't have marshmallow, but maybe I feel similar about the two foodie notes).

Cinnamon wasn't a note I was dying to try, because it's been done in commercial fragrance and I was in a hurry to meet new mysterious, exotic notes available at LPMP.

But let's just say I have a feeling this is going to be my go-to this winter.. I have been missing out! and I'm so happy I saved this (I never throw out scents untried anyway). Warm and homey but light and non-cloying, feels social like the phero blend! I'm so ready to get in on this classic.

• 1 year later...

I wore this on Halloween weekend with glamour potion and got a few stares. 
I don’t wear this often because I would spray it on me and I would end up with a major headache or feel jittery which I’m guessing is the DHEAS.

I put the nozzle directly onto my skin and spray it which has gotten rid of the headaches and it smells delicious! I did notice that if I don’t wash it off before bed it will keep me up and that was with 3 sprays. 

• 1 year later...

I have tried most of the versions of this blend but I really love the version from 2020, I wore this to a business meeting last week and was able to successfully close the deal without to much interference from others....I really love the phero ---Levitation as its so uplifting and keeps me in a great mood.