Private Editions for NOVEMBER 2016

We've got 6 wonderful PEs this month, Peeps! :D

There are 16 Itty Sets available, for the price of $7 per set.

(BlackCat, MidnightRequiem, Bella, SeaJam, Lainey, Nutrix, Tink, Tyvey, Banshee, Chelle

AD-CharmedChiara.jpg

Charmed Chiara

A gift by Midnight Requiem for her friend Chiara, a sunny happy good luck charm crafted of juicy mango and coconut cream, rich vanilla, fresh pineapple, and a little sprinkle of pink peppercorn.

9 Bottles Available

(BlackCat, Saffron,

AD-JenniferBlueMoon.jpg

Jennifer's Blue Moon

Another unique and wonderful potion idea from Black Cat! I was faithful to her directions, using deep black vanilla and a splash of vanilla bean, sweet roasted chestnuts and smidges of deep violet and blueberry. She used the words "soft yet definite", so I added a few ingredients of my own to round out the potion. I added just a splash of velvety vanilla musk for softness and sensuality sake, and 1 drop each of precious labdanum - for power, and coffee - for determination. Best of success, Black Cat! :)

5 Bottles Available

(BlackCat, JLisa, Stacy, SeaJam, Invidiana)

Alt: DDolls

AD-OshunOgun.jpg

Oshun & Ogun

The creator says: "based on the Yoruba legend of Oshun and Ogun, a "beauty and the beast" type tale of soft and laughing femininity overpowering savagery with sweetness of honey and musk (and Aja copulins) saving humanity from the brute ways of the most hardened warriors of the patriarchy. Scent of river water, female arousal and lubrication, ambrosia, coconut, raw wild forest honey fresh from the comb in the tree hive, blacksmith smoke, the crisp smell of "just turning autumn", kola nut and red clay, red sandalwood and warm, moist, fertile earth atop which a Princess and a Hunter have just made love, the sound of her jingling waistbeads and ankle bells the music of their consummation, honeybees and butterflies their witnesses and chorus. Please make this dream come true! Thanks!"

Thus, this is a wildly sensual blend, an SLF to be sure, crafted around several types of Honey & Aja, grounded with smokey African black musk, sandalwood and black coconut, with ambrosial peach flesh and blossoms, and a splash of homemade "river water" accord.

9 Bottles Available

(JLisa, Spoonki, BlackCat, Kitty, Spoonki, CycleKitten, Banshee, QuietGuy

AD-MadamePresident.jpg

Madame President

This is JLisa's wonderful concept, and she allowed me to choose the notes. One can't help but be inspired and I think this is a minor masterpiece, lol! I chose every ingredient with very definite intent and while this is a beautiful perfume that is fully appropriate for the workplace, it is also a powerful spell. I started with sandalwood and musk in the base - these have great power magically but smell velvety soft...like silk.Strong, yet yielding...sensual, but not passive. I featured orchid on top because it represents dignity and refinement, and olive blossom because it represents enormous power - think Alexander the Great. I added a splash of ginseng because it represents power and virility, protects and wards off evil. A few shakes of black pepper EO to remind people that the kitten has claws, and a single drop of carnation to inspire admiration and also for it's quarrel mending reputation in lore. The result is a deliciously fleshy clean scent, it's approachable yet highly respectable, and I think gives off an aura of health and wealth. Yet, it's still easily wearable for vanilla and foody lovers like JLisa.

8 Bottles Available

(JLisa, Stacy, BlackCat, Bella, WittyKitty, CURoses, SeaJam, JJL)

Alt: DDolls

AD-TyveyBermudaBreakfast.jpg

Tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast

This is just gorgeous and one of my faves for the month. Wonderful concept Tyvey! In Tyvey's words: "super girly pink grapefruit on top, super ripe passionfruit, some freesia (the heady, honeyed, yellow kind), and a little bit of the green stems of the freesia." A lovely, happy happy joy joy kind of feeling from this scent! Remember, grapefruit always starts off really loud but calms in just a few minutes on the skin, so don't just judge this one from the vial (although it smells great that way too), you want to test it on your skin to experience the full rainbow of ingredients. A+

6 Bottles Available

(JLisa, CURoses, SeaJam, MidnightRequiem, BlackCat, Saffron)

AD-TyveyGooeyCrunch.jpg

Tyvey's Gooey Crunch

As requested, a yummy, gooey, crunchy autumnal delight featuring English toffee and marshmallow fluff, maple sugar, and my beautiful chewy aged patchouli in the base. Ok, now I'm hungry. Thanks, Tyvey. ;)

5 Bottles Available

(Invidiana, Nutrix, MidnightRequiem, SeaJam, Saffron)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might change after the notes go up, but can I reserve a Bermuda and Gooey Crunch?

EDIT: Actually I'll just wait for the notes. Are there samplers available for this month?

Edited by Midnight Requiem

Mara, every time I think I can't love a PE label more you outdo yourself! Thank you, thank you, it looks beautiful!

And I am going to be happily stalking notes on these -- every single name suggests fantastic possibilities. And I am tearing up in the most joyful way at Madame President!

YAY! All the labels are so pretty. My PEs' notes were:

"Tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast - super girly pink grapefruit on top, super ripe passionfruit, some freesia (the heady, honeyed, yellow

kind), and a little bit of the green stems of the freesia" ... another attempt to bottle a memory via LPMP olfactory poetry

And the other = "maple sugar, crunchy toffee, gooey melted marshmallow, anchored with compromising

positions patchouli" ... while I was having a random attack of dessert cravings

"Tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast - super girly pink grapefruit on top, super ripe passionfruit, some freesia (the heady, honeyed, yellow

kind), and a little bit of the green stems of the freesia" ... another attempt to bottle a memory via LPMP olfactory poetry

And the other = "maple sugar, crunchy toffee, gooey melted marshmallow, anchored with compromising

These sound good, especially the second one!

These sound amazing, Tyvey! Love the "attempt to bottle a memory via LPMP olfactory poetry" -- so true!

Sorry I forgot to add mine this morning, I am still at sixes and sevens with move and fleas. Mine may have some intent around enhancing the male-female connection in a relationship. (It's a bit of an unconventional/rare one, hence the name!) Here is what I wrote Mara:

So I've picked notes that I think would work for this. Also, in terms of effect/scent, I keep thinking about a deep midnight sky, lit up by the full blue-ish tinged moon. So: what about

deepest darkest black vanilla, wreathed with violet and blueberry on a bed of chestnuts? (fell in love with that note in Seon's Winter Cozy and knew I must have it for my own--thanks, MIdnight Requiem!). Maybe go especially soft with blueberry since I tend to amp it.

Anyway, something soft yet definite, congruent with Perfect Match, would be lovely. And as always, if you think of something better than what I have come up, feel free to use your own judgment about additions/substitutions.

Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Madame President was mine. It seemed timely. I turned 50 on Saturday and wanted my first intent scent that Mara graciously chose notes. I hope she adds my description so you can see the full rationale. Part Election, part needing so badly to feel empowered....that is Madame President.

I nearly got myself canned last week for loudly and proudly talking shit about the boys club. That is the kind of stuff I want to stop moving forward. I desperately need confidence.

OMG Mara, I am speechless at how amazing Blue Moon sounds with your gift of extra ingredients! Thank you so so so much -- I can't wait to try this! And now I will also need extra. :-)

These all sound amazing but JLisa, have to single you out and say kudos for such a fantastic idea! I must have this.

I would love an Itty Set please! And I am going to need to grab a couple of others because I daren't risk missing!

Please, if still available, could I get:

1 bottle of Oshun & Ogun

1 bottle of Madame President

1 bottle of Blue Moon

Thank you!!!!!!

Question: since Madame President is a spell oil as well as a perfume, Mara, do you recommend keeping it phero free? I have been thinking about finding a scent to get boosted with SWS and this seems like a perfect fit, but I also remember that with the spell oil collections you recommended trying them on their own before adding pheros to the mix. Any thoughts?

Hopefully the above went through but I want my holds above, plus another Madame President for a total of 4 bottles from above.

Here was the idea behind Madame President:

"I think the election has stirred this or possibly that I am turning 50
in November--but I wanted a PE for intent that would serve the following:
SELF: Feelings of confidence and competence. "I've got this" attitude. For
use in the board room to elevate my belief in myself, my deserving to be in the boardroom with Executive Committee.
Feeling like I deserve a place at the table.
OTHERS: Similar to SWS which I wear religiously. Giving the
alpha males and their minions the feeling that I deserve a place, that I deserve to be listened to, that I am competent and can contribute in the boardroom. Respect.
Sometimes I can be fearful despite all I know I am and I would use this on those days I need to wear my big girl panties to work. I thought
we could call this Madame President. Or I could go with Lisa's Big Girl Panties (haha)."
From the description, I think this is going to give me that shot that says, "I deserve a place and I don't have to freak out to be here. I am quietly, knowingly confident."
Thank you so very very much Mara for taking this idea and making it a real tangible spell potion. I'm definitely in the grips of a mental crisis about where to go and what to do. This will give me something more than my own courage. THANK YOU FOREVER!

Question: since Madame President is a spell oil as well as a perfume, Mara, do you recommend keeping it phero free? I have been thinking about finding a scent to get boosted with SWS and this seems like a perfect fit, but I also remember that with the spell oil collections you recommended trying them on their own before adding pheros to the mix. Any thoughts?

Black Cat, I crafted this with the addition of SwS in mind, as this is one of JLisa's favorite pheros. It's perfectly congruous. :)

May I please reserve 1 bottle of Madame President and 1 bottle of Tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast?

Per email -if there are any remaining of those two once everyone has had a chance to order, please keep me in mind.

Thank you so much :heart708:

OK, totally going for boosted spray with Madame P!

And JLisa, thank you SO MUCH for sharing the inspiration/intent behind this one. I have been trying to come up with a success potion for work for months now and just falling flat. I work in a profession that very much allows me to utilize my gifts for more traditional feminine values -- nurturing, support, etc. At the same time, I have to be very smart and accomplished to do this work (which is also a strong feminine value and I don't know why it so often gets placed as a competing one to being caring/nurturing, but that's a rant for another day!). And I work for an institution that espouses social justice values and employs wonderful people of integrity at the level just above me, but is a total corporation with corporate values at the higher levels (which translates to screwing over employees, especially employees in the kind of support role that I have). So I have been trying to figure out what would make for a potion that would allow me to stay true to all the things that make me good at what I do, but get respect and be treated (and compensated) as someone of value. Reading your description of this made me tear up, for real. This is so exactly what I need right now - thank you for putting the idea into words and then placing it in Mara's extraordinarily gifted hands! I can't WAIT to try this!

ETA: Cinn, thank you for the kind words about Blue Moon! My go to these days when I have something that is causing me angst is to design a PE from Mara to deal with it. :-) It's great fun!

Edited by Black Cat

A Blue Moon and one of Tyvey's for me, please!

Black Cat, I hear you on the corporate dilemma. Unlike your office, the place I used to work at had no integrity whatsoever, but pheros with self-effects did boost my confidence. I'm a social introvert but still an introvert. INFJ. Lace, Leather and (strangely enough) Dom made me feel like I was actually a human being whose opinion counted in that place (even if it didn't). Leather makes me more talkative than usual, which was great in meetings where speaking up would have otherwise made me uncomfortable. I always kept around a bottle of Balm Bomb UN and even let my coworker try it out. It helped me breathe amidst all the aggravation.

Edited by Invidiana

Oooh, can I please reserve an itty set? Am I correct to assume that this would be something I need to pair with something else, and if so, when do the Christmas scents come out? Can I reserve until then? Or no?

Lainey, you're in Canada right? I think the minimum to ship there is like $9 and change now, so if you want to pay that for just a $7 purchase, you can, but yeah you can wait for new releases if you like, which will be released around the 1st of the month.