Jasmine Whisper - Summer 2017 Collection

Beccah

AD-JasmineWhisper.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/521107112/jasmine-whisper-w-hedione-summer-2017

Jasmine Whisper

A fragrance which is ready to accompany your next Summer romance...a whisper of silken softness like the finest lingerie against your skin...three types of beautiful jasmine and the airy shimmer of Hedione over a sheer powdery white musk with just a slight touch of sweetness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

JASMINE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scent: Silky and elegant summer jasmine.

Perfumes by Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

Bonus content from luna

Notions of passion

they are complex and also so simple

as easy as slipping on

that soft summer dress

requiring long walks with your thoughts

pushing their way through the day

to obsess you.

You may be sitting still, thinking of nothing at all

(but always something)

when that smile, those eyes, a whisper of something innocuous

but weighted with expectation

stepping outside into a warm day

where the scent of jasmine is a greeting to all

come to me.

The form takes shape

details solidify and you realize

you’ve been thinking of this

all along.

Just like with the Cherry Blossom Musk, this is the last word on jasmine. It's, like, if I were a fairy living in a jasmine bush, this is what I would smell like. It is intense, a garden in high summer. If you love jasmine then this is your uberjasmine.

So I'm not the biggest floral fan. There are a couple specific florals that I'm crazy about and then a handful of others that I can wear if I'm in just the right mood and that mood is pretty rare. I generally dislike jasmine. There is one type of jasmine that I really like though. It's very round and sweet and almost a tad fruity while still being wholeheartedly floral. This has that jasmine. In my almost 10 years in Indie Perfume this is only the second time I've come across it. I just had a feeling that I'd enjoy this one. It's glorious! Wet, it's nose glued to my wrist enchanting. Then it goes almost a tiny bit soapy for a few minutes. Then after 5-8 minutes or so it just softens and blooms. It loses the soapy edge and becomes almost powdery and velvety. It's rich and decadent while still being sweet and innocent. The innocence is an act though. This is heady heady stuff. This is grown ass woman perfume. OMG I'm just swooning. Longer drydown turns this almost into a skin scent. This is how my skin would smell if I lived in Bergdorfs secretly. It's fancy and upscale while still being utterly approachable and wearable by anyone with the good sense to grab a bottle. Damn Mara this is a floral masterpiece.

Is this the "night blooming" type?

I love jasmines with the exception of the very earthy, indole'ish kind.

No, it's the opposite. It's the powdery traditional type.

The Night Blooming type is greener and more watery.

TY. Wow this is now on the list. :)

IF I WERE WORLD EMPEROR I WOULD FORCE EVERYONE TO BUY THIS. It doesn't matter if you like jasmine or not (I sort of don't). It doesn't matter whether you like PERFUME. It is extreme perfection. It's not just a paragon of jasmine- it's a paragon of perfume. It, like, should represent all perfumity and all HUMANITY in that capsule that we shoot out to other galaxies to represent planet earth. Even though its a floral, it's so good that it transcends categories. It's sweet and succulent like sucking on honeysuckle (doesn't smell like it). It's nectar. I kept thinking "this is a perfume for all people of all times, at all times."

IF I WERE WORLD EMPEROR I WOULD FORCE EVERYONE TO BUY THIS. It doesn't matter if you like jasmine or not (I sort of don't). It doesn't matter whether you like PERFUME. It is extreme perfection. It's not just a paragon of jasmine- it's a paragon of perfume. It, like, should represent all perfumity and all HUMANITY in that capsule that we shoot out to other galaxies to represent planet earth. Even though its a floral, it's so good that it transcends categories. It's sweet and succulent like sucking on honeysuckle (doesn't smell like it). It's nectar. I kept thinking "this is a perfume for all people of all times, at all times."

OMG... Well I have no choice then ?

So yeah, this one is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

I cannot give it any better review than it has already had by everyone else. To me, this is definitely a grownup adult woman perfume. But, unlike all the other grownup adult woman perfumes that I feel like I can only wear at certain times, this one I can see wearing any time, day or night, and to anywhere. It is seriously STUNNING. I read all the previous reviews but I'll be honest, I was still a little skeptical about it. I thought I probably wouldn't like it that much because it will stab my third eye or turn wonky on me or whatever. I was so wrong! Gorgeous. Classic. Timeless.

• 9 months later...

I tried this yesterday. I understand it may have had travel shock (although I don't really understand travel shock and how it works). But, I couldn't really smell it on me. So I put more on. Then I took a nap, and woke up smelling it much stronger, and I found it a bit too sweet for my personal taste. Then I put it in the box I'm sending to Blanche because I feel terrible that I can't find the sniffie of LP Rouge that I promised her, and this is one she mentioned that she might like to try.

Now I'm reading all the reviews and wondering about my life choices and if they would be any different if I had tried it again later. *shrug* Oh well, too late now.

I do like jasmine so I don't know why I wasn't enamored with this. Maybe I like the night blooming type better? I have no idea.

Edited by Lainey