Blanc et Noir - Summer 2017 Collection

Beccah

AD-BlancetNoir.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/534914275/blanc-et-noir-summer-2017-collection

Blanc et Noir - Summer 2017 Collection

An in-demand chic classic combination...our beloved customers have been clamoring for a new creation of this particular confection! Deliciously enthralling - licorice extract folded into rich vanilla and drizzled with sensual honey, certain to imbue you with a lickable aura to entice whomever you desire!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LICORICE ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scent: Honeyed licorice paired with vanilla buttercreme.

Perfumes by Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

• 2 weeks later...

If you love licorice/anise type scents like I do I think you will enjoy this one! The licorice extract is pretty strong at first but in the long drydown everything softens up and I get more of the honey/buttercream notes. The licorice is really three-dimensional, though, like actual black licorice (again, that I want to eat but do not eat this please!). It's not quite the same as either Licorice Wands or White Licorice but it has that same vibe of a candy licorice scent with creamy undertones.

In the vial, I got a lot of licorice. A lot. Enough to make me worried!! But I shouldn't have been. The blend is perfect. There is a blast of it first on,but it quickly settles and you get the creamy yum of the vanilla and butter cream. The name is perfect. You get the light creaminess and then it's like, wait! What's that back there? Dark and sexy, that's what. I actually didn't get any honey til well into the drydown, and it's not smutty, just natural and skin like.

This is SCREAMING for some LFN.

I tested this out on a Wednesday. I was working that day so I only put a swipe on my wrists. The honey and licorice amped on me right away and I sort of freaked out because like I said it was a Wednesday and I did not want to smell like I was ready for a Saturday night. It seemed like it was headed towards smutty which for me is much more of a Saturday kind of a scent. Luckily though it mellowed out quickly and ended up being this soft creamy licorice smell. It smelled almost like a licorice ice cream maybe? Is that a thing? I would try licorice ice cream FOR SURE. Someone needs to get on that. Anyway, my point is that this is super yummy smelling (and not smutty but super lovely)!!!

Edited by tink333

Baskins used to have licorice ice cream when I was a kid,. It was black and would leave people's mouths all scary looking! :lol:

I don't remember that! Then again, as a kid I was more acquainted with the ice cream at the Thrifty drug store.

I don't remember that! Then again, as a kid I was more acquainted with the ice cream at the Thrifty drug store.

Which Thrifty had ice cream? I don't recall that at all..But, i didnt go there often. Sav-On was the one close by.

I do remember that Baskin-Robbins had "licorice". It was always full & I wondered who ate it ?

Well, I did not get to L.A. until 1983, but all the Thrifty's in the Hollywood area had ice cream. And it was crazy cheap too, like .55 cents a scoop, and they had posted these vintage signs that advertised it as.05 cents a scoop in the old days - .15 cents for a triple. Their best flavor was chocolate fudge brownie. :)

lol, I just remembered a favorite quote from Psych:

"I'm not really into the whole motivational Tony Robbins thing. I prefer his brother Baskin."

-Sean Spencer

Well, I did not get to L.A. until 1983, but all the Thrifty's in the Hollywood area had ice cream. And it was crazy cheap too, like .55 cents a scoop, and they had posted these vintage signs that advertised it as.05 cents a scoop in the old days - .15 cents for a triple. Their best flavor was chocolate fudge brownie. :)

lol, I just remembered a favorite quote from Psych:

"I'm not really into the whole motivational Tony Robbins thing. I prefer his brother Baskin."

-Sean Spencer

Oh my. Wow. I'll have to ask my mom if she remembers that.

Ha ha. I do remember that. I loved Psych. We all did here.

Edited by StacyK

Ohhh When we got Thrifty's ice cream it was the best day ever!!! And I remember that old sign too. The triples were outrageous!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I attended a preschool/summer school that was just down the street from a Thrifty's. During the summer, one day a week we would all walk down there to get ice cream and yes, BEST DAY EVER!

Jamocha Almond Fudge has been my favorite flavor since I emerged from the womb. I remember I also really liked the chocolate chip and the Banana Split.

Jamocha Almond Fudge has been my favorite flavor since I emerged from the womb. I remember I also really liked the chocolate chip and the Banana Split.

Always my fave in ice cream places too. Wonder if its a generational thing? I don't see it much anymore.

In the vile, licorice. Interestingly enough I like the licorice smell but don't care for black licorice to EAT at all :D

First on, licorice and only licorice, which wasn't bad but not what I was hoping for when I read the description. Then about 10 minutes in it morphed and the honey came forward VERY noticeably, but that didn't last very long before the licorice was back but creamier and sweeter and then that's pretty well how it seems to be staying. This has an interestingly sultry vibe. I think that's the contribution of the honey. Not what I think I was expecting but REALLY a great surprise! :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

Immediately wet I said aloud "blech" as I absolutely hate black licorice twizzlers and that's what I smelled- and yet there was something boldly compelling about it (in sort of an indolic way - NOT that it smelled like that, but that same kind of perverse primitive sub-rational deep attraction) and I was intrigued and didn't want to wash it off. But if I hated it so much WHY DID I COMPULSIVELY SNIFF IT EVERY THIRTY SECONDS FOR THE NEXT TEN HOURS AND WHY AM I CONSIDERING FB? HUH? HUH?

It morphed a lot over the hours, better and better, until at the very end, an only faintly licorice-licked creamy skin scent of one's dreams remained.

I am a licorice whore. A card carrying member of the licorice lovers club. So of course I love this. Full bottle, for sure.

It starts out very licorice. ? It ends up more creamy, but still with enough licorice to remember how it started. I huffed my arm so much I got a little light-headed, lol

Oh my god. Damn this perfume is compelling and addictive. Wet and in the vial I get strong black licorice fighting with strong smutty honey. So I put on a conservative amount to test, as this honey is not my favorite and can feel overwhelming. Over the next hour, it softened and bloomed. The vanilla and buttercream make if oh so alluring. Full bottle alluring. So then I felt compelled to go do a full slather. Again the opening blast is too strong for me, but starts drying down to that mellow sweet creamy place quickly. I'm still not sure if I'll go full bottle but damn is this one smooth, delicious ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey KrazyKat! Lonnnng time! So, I haven't tried this one, but to me Black Candy has a very dominant violet note in it. I think it's actually more like Cocked and Loaded, having smelled both of them. They are both dark, unisex (to me) violet perfumes. Cocked and Loaded has no anise though, it's Woody. This one here, I think is supposed to be more along the lines of Mara's Domino, if you ever tried that one. That was licorice and marshmallows, this is licorice and honey, but they seem like they might be similar to me just by judging the notes and concept.

Edited by cheeseburger79

Thanks Cheeseburger, Ive not tried Domino, but I'm so intrigued by this one! I ❤️ licorice blends, and the creamy sounds right up my alley sexy. I may just take the plunge FB,

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to sample this...My nose is reminded of unsweetened twizzlers with an undercurrent of boozy, very different and I could see this going very, very sexy with the right chemistry.

Edited by KrazyKat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Blanc et Noir on me begins with a yummy blast of rich, dark licorice with a nice dollop of vanilla and honey. So good! During wear, when the fragrance becomes more creamy is when it reacts weirdly with my skin chemistry, it smells oddly like rubber. So sad, because after reading the reviews, "I want what she's having...!"

• 2 weeks later...

Baskins used to have licorice ice cream when I was a kid,. It was black and would leave people's mouths all scary looking! :lol:

This was my absolute favorite flavor. In Sweden they make a kind of licorice fudge that really reminds me of that ice cream.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 2:09 AM, Bella15 said:

I am a licorice whore. A card carrying member of the licorice lovers club. So of course I love this. Full bottle, for sure.

It starts out very licorice. ? It ends up more creamy, but still with enough licorice to remember how it started. I huffed my arm so much I got a little light-headed, lol

You and me both, I love licorice and I'm so excited to have snagged a bottle of this one....

• 6 months later...

My initial thought is: Black licorice? Nononononono! *runs away screaming*

That said, this isn't THAT bad, as black licorice goes. On me it smells like a bag of Allsorts. Very much not for me, though, being that it contains my sworn enemy, black licorice.