Halcyon Daze - Summer Collection 2017

Beccah

AD-HalcyonDaze.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/534918777/halcyon-daze-summer-2017-collection

Halcyon Daze

Our beloved customer and long-time forum member Tyvey had an idea for a fruity floral which was so beautifully summery, we decided it had to be shared with EVERYONE! Pretty freesia blossoms and fresh-cut rose stems with juicy-sweet apricot and passionfruit plus a sparkling squeeze of pink grapefruit. It's a perfect day of sunshine and good times in a bottle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour.

Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.

FREESIA ~ Innocence, chastity, charm.

PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love, passion.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.

ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scent: A gorgeously refreshing citrusy floral.

Perfume by Tyvey & Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

As I noted in the New Release thread, I begged Mara to rebrew tyvey's Bermuda Breakfast for the collection, and she agreed it would be a very very Good Idea.

I'll leave it to tyvey to note if there's an appreciable difference between this version and the original. I just know that I love it so much. I will say I think it has less grapefruit but the other fruit notes lend a ripe sweetness to it which isn't entirely fruity in nature but it's so lovely and sunny. Perhaps there's more of the "fresh floral" quality this time...I can't stop sniffing! mmmm

I haven't tried the original PE so I can't make a comparison, but this is yummy. The passion fruit and apricot really come through, then the florals emerge several seconds later. I like the juiciness of this, and also the freshness of the green stems.

Edited by Witty Kitty

I have the original and got a trial of this. A bit different such as the grapefruit is not as strong as original in the vile and the green stems are evident whereas I didn't note them in the original.

How did I miss Tyvey's PE?! This is great! In the vial, it was actually very grapefruit forward. On my skin, it was a tropical fruit delight!!! I got mostly passion fruit with some sweetness of the apricot and a touch of tart grapefruit. The freesia added a lush. It fresh floral scent. I didn't get much Rose until well into the drydown. This is truly a good all day scent for me. Early in the day it's vibrant and fresh. Over 12 hours in, and I have a wonderful soft rose with a hint of freesia, very sultry, a nice evening scent. Winner!

I wore this on a Sunday. I am not sure why but this one burned off on me within an hour. I was working one of my second jobs that day though and maybe that caused it. I move around a lot at that job. Not too sure. When I first put it on though I got the grapefruit and it was headed towards bitter grapefruit which I cannot handle as a perfume. The freesia kicked in pretty quickly though and mellowed out the grapefruit fast. Now that I think about it, though, it could have been a combo of the freesia and the fruits that I could smell because it was sweet. It was really pretty and then it was gone. I will have to try this one again but maybe on a Saturday morning instead.

Agree with others - Bermuda breakfast is a maniacally sunny GRAPEFRUIT fest with the other notes singing backup. This is more evenly fruit/floral balanced and actually "feels" sweeter than Bermuda breakfast without actually *smelling* sweeter, prob because not as tart due to less grapefruit. Bermuda breakfast is madly twirlingly happy; halcyon is a few notches more sedate but still unmistakably sunny. Bermuda is sort of a Barbie version of Halcyon:)

• 1 month later...

Halcyon Daze on me is so very bright and juicy. it begins sticky, sweet and tropical. During drydown, the white floral blooms without taking away from the fruit. I don't detect much of the rose, it just seems to add to the gorgeous headiness of this fragrance.

• 3 months later...

I need to get my hands on some of this, I really like florals with grapefruit on them. Another one for the "wants" list!

Edit: (Dec 27th)

Yup! It's beautiful! I just put it on with some UN Cougar. This little sample is definitely going into my "scents for Hawaii trip" bag. My man says I smell like mangos. (No mango in it, but grapefruit and apricot and passion fruit.) Tropical, but more me than Winter in the Tropics, for sure. I mean, I'd be stoked to be that Winter in the Tropics lady, but this is brighter and more spontaneous. That other lady is hella classy, all tropical flowers and wearing white. The girl in Halcyon Daze walks through mud and bamboo forests in her flip flops to climbs waterfalls and eats ripe fruit with her hands. Shes's very messy, but has the most fun on her itinerary-free vacations.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 6 months later...

This is delicious! I get the strong passionfruit and peach-grapefruit notes coming out strong on me. I am finding that I am loving the fruity scents. This is fabulous for long summer days ...

• 1 month later...

From the sample, Halcyon started out as a burst of enraptured grapefruit, and I was intrigued. About an hour in, the fruity edge faded and the rose and green stems starkley presented and morphed it into a travel stop restroom air freshener. Alas, I'm just not a floral gal...?

Do most folks get the grapefruit as the main note on this one... I've ordered one bottle and I'm trying to decide if I need a 2nd bottle...The only note that scares me is the apricot, as that note usually does not work for me... I love grapefruit....

@dolphindolls2 I'm sorry, I don't remember, and I ended up getting Sugared Grapefruit instead of Halcyon Daze. If I were getting one more bottle this week, it would be this or Butterscream Lemon. 

On 7/13/2018 at 6:28 PM, dolphindolls2 said:

Do most folks get the grapefruit as the main note on this one... 

I didn't, no.  That was one of the differences between this and tyvey's PE.  Bermuda Breakfast had more grapefruit than Halcyon Daze does.

• 5 months later...