Cougar Potion (pheromone-enhanced perfume)

Guest Lor

I was under the impression that scented and unscented's are of the same strength, just different carrier liquids (scented using the scent, unscented just using the oil/alcohol/silicone base)?

It can be a little confusing...Cougar POTION,the fragranced phero enhanced scent is 1/3 the strength,as is Sparkle Fuchsia..Stone Cougar,either spray or oil and boosted INTO a scent of your choice is full strength...Cougar Potion & Sparkle Fuchsia are ones that...for me...are best at that strength ...ok that being said I feel strongly that the scent has much to do with the effects of both :)

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone :)

I have been avidly reading this thread along with many others on here.. you all seem like lovely friendly people, so i'm hoping one of you may be able to help! :D From what i've been reading on Stone Cougar, it seems like a great product, certainly many of your experiences with it that i have been reading seem awesome! I was thinking of maybe getting some, however it does say in the description that's it's meant to be used by older women. I am only 17.. so my question is, will this product work for me? And if so, will i be likely to get similar reactions to what you guys got? I ideally want to be attracting guys around my age, but i like that it apparently has positive effects on other women too.

We generally don't advise pheromone usage for someone your age, if only because young girls have so much natural allure on their own! :)

But no, I don't think Cougar would be something you would need to attract guys your own age.

Hi everyone :)

I have been avidly reading this thread along with many others on here.. you all seem like lovely friendly people, so i'm hoping one of you may be able to help! :D From what i've been reading on Stone Cougar, it seems like a great product, certainly many of your experiences with it that i have been reading seem awesome! I was thinking of maybe getting some, however it does say in the description that's it's meant to be used by older women. I am only 17.. so my question is, will this product work for me? And if so, will i be likely to get similar reactions to what you guys got? I ideally want to be attracting guys around my age, but i like that it apparently has positive effects on other women too.

Hi Lizzie-M, Welcome!

The point of Cougar Potion is to mimic the chemical signals put out by young fertile women, which decline as women age. So it really wouldn't do anything for you...you've already got those youthful pheromones in abundance! When we hit around the age of 24, our growth pheros and hormones start to taper off, so that's a good age to start experimenting with them, but if you want to try something that generally puts people in a good mood around you and acts like a popularity magnet, you might try straight Alpha-Androstenol or one of the blends that has Alpha-Nol as the first ingredient. Maybe...Open Windows or Lace? But keep in mind this golden rule when experimenting with them: More is NOT better when it comes to pheromones. Wearing a little bit gets better results than wearing too much. Good luck!

Hi Lizzie M !

Wearing pheros at your age is redundant :)

Its kind of like an apple that wants to smell more like an apple spraying apple-perfume to smell more appley..... okay, maybe thats a terrible comparison, the others said it best.

At your age, you really can't have it going on more than you do now, so enjoy life.

One thing I might suggest however....

At your age I was lucky to be exposed to aromatherapy and I did LOTS of reading on traditional uses of scent. I was already aware of why girls wore certain scents 100's of years ago, and how they affected others.

My recommendation would be to have some fun reading through the perfume potions here, and what the individual scents in them evoke on their own WITHOUT the addition of pheros, and see if that helps you.

I would have been ALL about this stuff had I known about it at your age !!!

:)

Thank you ladies for all your helpful replies, I really appreciate it :) It's a shame you don't recommend pheros for use on younger people.. they seem pretty exciting.. but i understand where your all coming from. I'm going to try some out anyway, as my curiosity cannot be restrained! But i shall heed your advice Mara, i shall try out the socials.. lace does indeed sound like fun.. and i shall be sure to use sparingly ;)

PS. I actually rather like your apple analogy Lor! The aromatherapy thing sounds cool.. and as much as i would love to buy a perfume from here, i have no idea what to look for! There is so much choice, and i'm always weary of buying perfumes before you can smell them as i usually turn out not liking them and waste my money :(

Perhaps you have a suggestion of one that's particularly nice? I've been looking for a fruity scent.. tend to stay clear of florals.. i've never tried a foody scent before but i guess that could be tasty. Ideally i'd just like something light-ish, not too heavy.

Hi Lizzie-M, I'm certain you will have plenty of fun with the social pheros. I'm more of a fruity and flora person. One scent which comes to my mind immediately is the Sugar Plum Fae. Start with the samples if you are worried about wasting money.

PS. I actually rather like your apple analogy Lor! The aromatherapy thing sounds cool.. and as much as i would love to buy a perfume from here, i have no idea what to look for! There is so much choice, and i'm always weary of buying perfumes before you can smell them as i usually turn out not liking them and waste my money. :(

Those of us letting you know that the pheros are probably redundant (unless your on medications for instance) are trying to save you from wasting money. (again,only because you may not notice any difference if your covered in them naturally!)

The pheros are frosting but IMO its the potion that is the CAKE ! ;)

If anything, I like the idea of you trying alpha androstenol. If I had a daughter and not a son your age, THAT is what I would tell her to borrow from me .

Take this for instance:

All the powerfully seductive ingredients of our original Love Potion®, with the addition of the most delicious fairy floss cotton candy pink sugars imaginable! Dreamy in the extreme!

AD-LPPink09.jpg

This year's offering combines four buttery Vanilla oils from around the globe - from Madagascar, France, India and Mexico - added to Amber from Tunisia, Patchouli from India, native American Berries, and Sugars galore!

• Created By: Mara ~ Love Potion® Magickal Perfumerie

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.

BERRIES ~ Attraction, love inducing, stamina, vigor, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

APRICOT ~ Love, love, love, romance, passion, femininity.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.

VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.

When you read the listed qualities, it becomes much easier to choose.

You will find you have so many choices based on the descriptions of individual parts, than trying to base your choice on a title.

My advice is to try the original Love Potion potions in tester-sizes. Read those descriptions.

They will knock your socks off.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to assume I've chosen the correct thread for my review of Cougar Potion, (the scented phero perfume, as opposed to the unscented Stone Cougar phero).

K. So I have a standing Saturday night drinks 'date' with one of my closest girlfriends, and when I met her last night, I figured I'd give Cougar Potion a go while I was out in public, (as opposed to at home, camped out on my sofa like I've been for the rest of the week!). I applied it the way I've applied my other scented pheros - in the crooks of my elbows, in the warm spot on the front of my throat, a little 'scribble' on the back of my neck under my hair, and a strip from my cleavage down to my navel. And I think I put some on the back of my hands, too. I was concerned before, about the grapefruit in this blend, 'cause my boyfriend hates grapefruit, but I didn't get grapefruit at all, once it was out of the vial. All I got was very soft, very sheer, almost sweet amber. (I loved this; I love amber). I'm starting to think that I have very strange skin chemistry, because so far, all of the scents that I've tried consistently remain the way they smelled the moment I put them on. I mean, this didn't smell any different to me five hours later, or even the morning after. Of course, the scent fades overnight, but neither Cougar Potion nor any of the other delicious blends that I've tried so far have changed on my skin during the course of wear.

Having said that, I did apply a little to the back of my hand in order to let my boyfriend have a sniff, (to see if he was bothered by any grapefruit smell he might get), and he said he got a little whiff of grapefruit, but that it quickly gave way, and basically all he could smell on me was the sweet amber scent. And even so, the little grapefruit he smelled, smelled good to him. So this is good news for me, because I really loved this scent, and would like to wear it without offending his tender sensibilities!

I do wonder if there's something up with my skin though, because I really haven't experienced any morphing of scents the way other forum users seem to. I would say that it's my nose's issue, except that after using essential oils for years and years, I've developed an oddly good sense of smell. For instance, I've consistently confounded any chefs I've worked for over the year by pinpointing secret ingredients in foods they've made, simply by walking into the kitchen a few hours after the dish has already been made. I haz a gud sniffr. (This little talent comes in handy when I'm out with my mom, who's a baker, and wants to know what's in certain cakes and pastries we try, which she'd like to try duplicating at home). But still, I'm a bit baffled, 'cause good sniffer or not, I still did not experience any grapefruit on my skin, while my boyfriend, who has a, well, a *boy* nose, smelled it.

Anyhoo... enough touting the talents of my schnazz...

When I met my girlfriend, I actually began second-guessing which perfume/phero I'd chosen, because almost as soon as we had pints in our hands, she launched into a very sad story about what's going on between her and her husband of late. Now this girlfriend is one of the strongest women I know, and doesn't let much out in terms of personal or marital strife. But we had a three and a half hour conversation that was so deep and personal to her, that I actually wondered if I'd accidentally doused myself with Passion in Pink (with Heart & Soul) instead! But no, I hadn't. It was a very strange thing for her to do, I mean, this is *so* unlike her that it has me wondering if there's beta-androstenol in the Stone Cougar formulation. (I will go check when I've finished here). At any rate, we had a very good bonding session, which was great, because I truly think she needed a listening ear, and a friendly shoulder, and I was happy to provide both, because I adore her.

I think I may actually have gotten a good amount of Cougar Potion on myself last night, because the first words out of her mouth when I met her were, 'Wow, you look freaking gorgeous tonight!'. I have lovely friends, don't I? And then later on in the evening, we had to go to a different bar which turned out to be crawling with young 'pups', it was like a path carved through the crowd for us. It was pretty impressive. Young guys who would normally just stand there looking stupid when I'm trying to get past them, instead of politely getting out of the way, were smiling and kind of tugging each other out of the way to let us through! That was kind of sweet. And then when we got to the actual bar, which was a few people deep, a couple of young fellas there gallantly stepped aside, (wearing big smiles, both of them), in order for my girlfriend and I to order drinks. So I think I got the right amount on, as it seemed to give us both a sort of 'star-like' bubble.

Unexpected deep talking aside, this potion was really fun to wear, and I can see myself wearing this a lot in the future. I may even wear it grocery shopping, if it continues to manifest path-carving magic. No more bumping shopping carts! This one is an A+ in my book. Maybe even an A++, because if it can make grapefruit smell appealing to my boyfriend's nose, it must be freaking magickal.

Great report, Egger! And great hits too. I wish I have your nose, I mean your smelling abitlity.

I believe Cougar does not contain b-nol. I'm certain your gf feels better after letting it out and I hope things work out for her!

Thanks JOC! I had fun trying a pheromone perfume in public for a change.

I have a pretty decent sense of smell, but I was kind of worried I was losin' it last night, because I just *could not* smell any grapefruit on my skin. It's just so weird. I use grapefruit essential oil all the time, because it smells stellar in general, and because it smells great in some perfume blends, (also makes a great PMS kind of bath when mixed with a drop of ginger and some ylang ylang - this is my go-to blend for cramps). But with Cougar, I got nuthin'.

I gotta say, it's pretty fun regularly baffling chefs by picking scents out of the air hours and hours after the ingredients were used. You should see their faces - they look at me like I'm crazy sometimes, but I'm rarely wrong. One chef I used to work for loved that I could do this, and often tested me by asking what they'd been preparing that day, before I arrived. It was like a game, and he was always shocked and a little freaked out when I nearly always came up with the right answer. I think he thought I was psychic or something. My mom is disappointed that I've been a smoker, because it tends to ruin one's sense of smell - she thinks I could have been a sommolier, (sp???), or a 'nose' for a perfume company if I'd never smoked! Lol!

Thank you for the well-wishing for my friend. I was glad to be a friend to her last night. It was disconcerting in the extreme that she was the one talking about personal issues, as she is the one in our group of friends who is so unwaveringly solid that *we* all lean on her for support. I was glad to return the favour, and I really hope things work out for her, because she is one of those women who is just *the best* friend one could hope to have. Thank you.

it must be freaking magickal.

Hence the name of the company, you see. ;)

My mom is disappointed that I've been a smoker, because it tends to ruin one's sense of smell - she thinks I could have been a sommolier, (sp???), or a 'nose' for a perfume company if I'd never smoked! Lol!

Interestingly enough, back in the day, most of the "noses" were smokers (according to Luca Turin, anyway).

"Interestingly enough, back in the day, most of the "noses" were smokers (according to Luca Turin, anyway)." - Luna

Really? So in other words, I *could* have some new career options! Lol! Mom will be delighted! Where does one go to school to become a nose?

These days it involves getting a degree in chemistry...unless you go to Grasse and try and do it the old-fashioned way as an apprentice with one of the fragrance makers.

But seriously...it's about more than just having a keen sense of smell. Quince works in audio engineering and he has the appropriate ability of almost superhuman hearing; but that's just one aspect of his talent and abilities. He started at 19, training as an apprentice, he worked his way up the ladder by learning everything he could and then applying those skills in a variety of different opportunities and roles. So it's really more about taking the ability and then developing it by being educated in the profession itself and how it all works together. It's equal parts innate talent, creativity, and technical acumen.

I certainly don't see a chemistry degree in my future. *sigh*

Can I ask though, what exactly an audio engineer does? I don't know if I've ever heard that term before.

Must be kind of cool to have "almost superhuman hearing". Terrible when he has headaches, though. I used to get migraines quite frequently, and as the migraine develops, it increases your senses by what seems like a kajillion times. Light is too bright, smells are noxious, and even hearing is enhanced in a horrible, horrible way - horrible because you can't really get away from the stabbing sounds. I hope Quince doesn't suffer migraines. I can't imagine how that would affect him. It must make regular tension headaches almost unbearable for him!

Sometimes, when someone is used to smelling a note all the time, they discount it when they smell it in a perfume. Scented Cougar is FULL of grapefruit - it's the overwhelming first impression of it, but if you are used to using grapefruit essential oil often, it would make sense that your mind relegates it to the background. Same issue with one of the other gals here that wears vanilla in everything...keeps asking me to add more vanilla but can't seem to smell it. We get desensitized to smells that are part of our everyday surroundings.

Great report, Eggers, thank you!

Thanks Luna. I want to smack my forehead now. Of course I recognize this job - my boyfriend is a musician! Duh! I obviously didn't know what it was called. Interesting job though.

PM, thank you, too. I do use a lot of grapefruit. I have endometriosis, so my cramps are not necessarily confined to PMS, and for some reason, grapefruit really makes the blend I mentioned so relaxing. I think it's because it makes me feel so clean.

Is it possible, I wonder, to reverse a desensitization to a scent? If I were to stop using grapefruit, would I be better able to appreciate it in blends sometime in the future? Or is it a permenant, (Iknow I spelled that incorrectly), thing?

I do want to say thank you for making a grapefruit scent that the boyfriend doesn't mind. Not only does he not mind it, he *liked* it. So I'm pretty chuffed about that, 'cause I really love the Cougar Potion, even though most of what I get from it is Amber.

Yes, if you stop wearing it for a few months, you will start to detect it again, but it can quickly become invisible again if you start to wear it often once more. Scent memory is one of the strongest senses we have - next to that of sound. Even stronger than eyesight. But anyway, yes, you can bring back your awareness of it if you use it a lot less.

Thanks Mara. Hmmm... Maybe I will try to find a substitute for my 'crampy' blend. I'd really love to smell Cougar Potion the way it was intended. But I suppose for the moment I'm happy just to smell the amber of it. It reminds me of my mom, (like sandalwood does, as well), so Cougar Potion is a really comforting and comfortable scent for me to wear - 'cause my mom ROCKS - even not being able to smell the grapefruit.

Had a such a crap night at work last night. My chef/boss, who normally has the attitude that I can do *no* wrong, was even cranky with me. Add that oddity to the fact that I wanted to pound the living daylights out of pretty much anyone who had the misfortune to come into contact with me, and it was very, very *bad* night.

To make it even better, I had to work again this morning, (Yip-freaking-eee), so I thought, screw it, I'm gonna wear something nice today, just to perk myself up.

So I wore Cougar. I know it's not exactly a work blend, since there are cops in it, but as we were not going to be busy, I figured, 'why the hell not?'

It makes me feel good, and screw anybody who doesn't like it.

I wound up having a fine day. Few customers, but the ones I had were chipper. Made killer cash. The 16 year old dishwasher was doing stuff for me he doesn't normally do, and my bosses wife winked at me, which was a new one. All in all it was a fair day.

And best of all, I could smell the grapefruit! I've been trying to shake an obnoxiously tenacious cold for the last month, so when I tried it before, and couldn't smell the grapefruit, it must have been because my nose was stuffier than I realized. 'Cause today, the grapefruit is there, nice and light, hovering over the amber. And now I'm very, very happy. It smells even better than it did before, *and* it makes me feel great.

• 2 weeks later...

Cougar –

I applied smallish 10 drops from vial tester tip only. It looks not enough so I started spilling drops from the vial & oops after 2 careful drops , I spilled a good amount on my elbow. I quickly managed it by rubbing it, with other wrist on my other fore arm. It was still too much. So I rubbed my whole arm & then rubbed my both arms on my stomach. I think that made either enough or too much of application. I applied in morning & left for the office waiting to see hits. I had many compliments today on my looks. I can share that credit to my hairdo also. Once in years I did my hair up. But that too probably can be a hit of self affects, as I felt comfortable with this do. I always always wear my hair open. Can’t tolerate them tied up, for they give me headaches. So may be people noticed it, complimented me. But to be honest as I said, I found myself looking good too & was comfortable with the way I looked. So credit can be given to COUGAR.

Another thing which I noticed is , I was very firm & stern. & speaking my mind & being confident. It was kind of alpha but not truly. There was some difference then being alpha & was kind of self content, & knew who I am. It was a Strange kind of confidence, attitude, & I don’t care feeling. I had some strange sensuous feeling & was daydreaming about my guy at work. Oops, not in a romantic way but I a little towards sensuous & sexy way. Actually I was dreaming about smooching him in passionate way… oh so very hot to handle….. Is this blend going to make people affected in that way… are they going to have similar kind of thoughts or feelings…. Mmmmm oh so good for the target.

If this is what this blend will do to others then its really good…

I have this in grapefruit fragrance, which was overwhelming for me, but I think I am starting to like it somehow. It is sparkly for sure. I observed that it stayed very strongly in the room I was sitting in the office all day long. Whenever I went out & came back, I could smell my fragrance in the room. The fragrance as it is very refreshing.

So as a whole I say thumbs up to this blend. It is kind of working for me..

I think I am liking the way I am feeling with this blend on.

PS - So now in evening when I saw my vial, it is almost half. So in two testing’s I have used half vial. This is just for the understanding of the amount I applied. Do suggest about the quantity of the blend.

• 1 month later...

I know most people's results with this lean in the POPULARITY type direction. For me, it just now produced *INSTANT INTENSE RESPECT* from a very senior and powerful person at work - fourth such person (not incident) that I recall.

It's very interesting how extremely precise and IDENTICAL the result has been with these people. It's not awe, or attraction (sexual or otherwise). It's that suddenly I feel like they consider me their peer (and every last one of them generally has a more...undemocratic vibe). They hang on my words, let me interrupt them (!), if we're in a big group they keep looking mostly at me, etc.

I realize at least some of this is probably self-effects! ie: ME feeling more respectful toward myself, more confident & therefore -- outside of the phero's effect on THEM, -- my own demeanor, etc., communicates that I expect respect...

What's even COOLER in the case of the one very senior woman I've mentioned a few times that I've Cougared :) -- after a few exposures for her, the effect has continued EVEN WHEN I'M NOT WEARING THE PHERO. I think those exposures reprogrammed her (chemically, in her opinion & even feelings about me, etc) to respect me more. She treats me like a friend. This is a big - well, not 180, but certainly 90 degree turn of events in how we relate to each other. The only diff when I'm not wearing the phero now, is that *I* feel a little insecure, on-the-spot, etc. (She's very intimidating)

Edited by tyvey

What's even COOLER in the case of the one very senior woman I've mentioned a few times that I've Cougared :) -- after a few exposures for her, the effect has continued EVEN WHEN I'M NOT WEARING THE PHERO. I think those exposures reprogrammed her (chemically, in her opinion & even feelings about me, etc) to respect me more. She treats me like a friend. This is a big - well, not 180, but certainly 90 degree turn of events in how we relate to each other. The only diff when I'm not wearing the phero now, is that *I* feel a little insecure, on-the-spot, etc. (She's very intimidating)

I just saw this, and it's so true, and not just with Cougar. One of the people I've Leathered has had a permanent attitude adjustment, and it's made the workplace all that much better!

I bought this in a fit of "I'm an old, fat lady and no virile man is going to look twice at me ever again". Really, that's the only excuse that could explain why I picked a perfume with grapefruit and brown sugar notes, which usually cause either nausea or migranes for me. Now, having said that, I took the plunge and hoped in the power of the lucky rabbit's foot making me feel like less of an old fat lady!

When I first put this on, it reminds me very strongly of Love Potion: Original. I know I'm in the minority, but LP O is just not my kind of scent. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not my thing - I'm addicted to foody scents, and LP O is a very "perfumey" scent to me. Anyway... I got LP O, but no nausea or headaches. A good sign!

After a while, it becomes more of a subtle bitter-tart scent on my skin (very much like real, unpeeled grapefruit) with the warm undertone of brown sugar. Not an overpowering citrus punch in the nose, not a heavy, sickly sweet brown sugar cloud, but something quite subtle. It is a "perfume" scent rather than a foody scent, and probably is just a little too grown-up for me to wear by itself, but it settles to a very nice, sophisticated blush of scent on my skin.

Totally not what I was expecting, and I'm very pleased with it!

OMG, Celrynnya. You are so adorable and so YOUNG! Aren't you in your early 20's? I've seen lots of pix of you as we are FB friends, and I always think how beautiful and cute you are. I assumed you are between 21 and 23? It's amazing how harsh we ladies can be on ourselves!

OMG, Celrynnya. You are so adorable and so YOUNG! Aren't you in your early 20's? I've seen lots of pix of you as we are FB friends, and I always think how beautiful and cute you are. I assumed you are between 21 and 23? It's amazing how harsh we ladies can be on ourselves!

You just made my day :) But actually, I'm 31, almost 32 :P

I don't want to put words in Celrynnya's mouth, but I think I get where she's coming from. I'll be 30 this year, and I don't feel as much old as I do "passed by." It's hard to keep from hearing that ticking clock when all your friends are getting married and popping out babies!!!

It is a "perfume" scent rather than a foody scent, and probably is just a little too grown-up for me to wear by itself, but it settles to a very nice, sophisticated blush of scent on my skin.

Once again, I am amazed by skin chemistry! This scent smells so youthful on me!!!!!!!!

I thought everyone had those I'm-old-and-fat days! ;) I certainly do, though I'm neither old, nor fat.

Incidentally, I find I have those days less now than when I had satellite TV, (or cable, for that matter) in my house. I control my own media exposure for that reason, (among others).

I also find that old/fat feeling to be somewhat cycle-related. I bloat like a freaking watermelon the week before - so much so that my pants don't fit! Sadly, I'm not joking.

I feel old whenever 20-somethings demonstrate ignorance about 80's and early 90's music. It's partly why I'd probably never get around to buying a cougar type of potion. : P My music preferences are so hard wired it's scary.

Lol! Yeah, I run into that often, too. My BF is in his late 20s, and some of his friends are woefully-versed in 80s & 90s music - and don't even get me started about 60s & 70s tunes. Makes me feel ancient. I worked in a record store the entire time I was in high school, so my music exposure was greater than most others my age had the privilege to experience. And yes, I said 'record' store. See? My age is showing! ;) However, I am a dedicated punk rock girl, so it can't show too much! :D

I'd still recommend giving Cougar Potion a go. For me it hasn't worked so much as a young guy magnet as an everybody magnet. It seems to have a lovely, friendly, chatty effect on most people, and has the added benefit that it gives off a 'sparkling' social vibe. It *does* also cause men of all ages to do double-takes, and to behave with more chivalry, (I'm gauging by men I know, who've behaved differently while I was wearing it, just in case you were wondering!) In my experience, anyway. God, I stopped into my workplace to pick up my paycheck while I was on holidays, and my boss and his best friend where all goggly-eyed toward me! (Yeah... that was weird). But I do enjoy this blend quite a bit. It's worth a go, even for the $5 sample.